Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-02 14:06:20  
+1% crit damage per hit landed.
 Cerberus.Blazed
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-01-02 19:00:25  
Mr. Woods your avatar does disturb me. poor dog is in pain....
 Cerberus.Superman
user: Superman
By Cerberus.Superman 2011-01-02 19:04:23  
it makes me lol.
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-01-02 19:13:58  
reminds me of early wet dreams and waking up finding myself humping my wool blanket and the resulting permanent burn marks on my ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-02 19:36:00  
Caitsith.Karaek said:
I think its Juogi+1 > Tantra+2 > Juogi > Tantra > Loki's Feel free to correct me if im mistaken (like ppl need an invitation lol)

Im pretty sure It's Juogi +1 > Juogi > Tantra+2 > Loki's
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-02 19:37:23  
Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Caitsith.Karaek said:
I think its Juogi+1 > Tantra+2 > Juogi > Tantra > Loki's Feel free to correct me if im mistaken (like ppl need an invitation lol)

Fine lol ignore what I just wrote!
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-01-02 21:05:18  
Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Caitsith.Karaek said:

Im pretty sure its Tantra+2 with impetus up > Juogi+1/Juogi > everything else. Juogi+1/Juogi with impetus down > Tantra +2 > everything else.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-02 21:10:22  
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
Caitsith.Karaek said:

Im pretty sure its Tantra+2 with impetus up > Juogi+1/Juogi > everything else. Juogi+1/Juogi with impetus down > Tantra +2 > everything else.

If you dont cap crit dmg+ from atmas,
Tantra+2 -> loki -> everything else.

Idk how good Tantra+1 is, but potentially better than Loki (With Impetus up).
When Impetus is down Loki -> all.
Unless something drasticly changed the last week and I werent informed? :p
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-01-03 00:16:16  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
If you dont cap crit dmg+ from atmas, Tantra+2 -> loki -> everything else. Idk how good Tantra+1 is, but potentially better than Loki (With Impetus up). When Impetus is down Loki -> all. Unless something drasticly changed the last week and I werent informed? :p
No, you have to account for atmas aswell. With a fury build youll be using probably RR/Apoc/GH as I feel most monks enjoy this combo over all, thus Loki being better than Juogi+1(minimal) in this setup. However since this is a smite thread, chances are the mnks here will be using it. So the best offensive combo would be RR/Apoc/VV. Thus putting Juogi+1 over Loki.

Really just have to see what atmas you are using as Triple/DA/crit ones lessen the impact Juogi has overall imo vs the crit damage loki is offering. The same can be said about tantra+2 if you arent capping attack, its still doing something for you, enough to probably beat those 2 still. However, this is if you have the HQ Juogi, pretty sure Loki beats nq always.
 Bismarck.Shyral
サーバ: Bismarck
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2011-01-04 09:58:19  
Question about back pieces for VS:

I still TP/WS in an amemet mantle +1 that I have leftover from when I was a RNG main. What would be the best back piece for Victory Smite? I was looking at Cuchulain's Mantle, but don't want to drop the 1 Mil it costs on our server if there is a better option.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-04 10:05:33  
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-04 10:06:23  
Otrhrus is a joke, even with a very small lowman pick up party, and it's a 100% drop. 0 reason it should ever be out of anyone's reach. it drops af3+2 upgrade items, so easy to get ppl in a /shout for it and just lock out the mantle for solo lot.
 Leviathan.Krush
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Doc2love
By Leviathan.Krush 2011-01-04 13:08:33  
I maybe late to this, but damn Tiger wtf >.<

That dog is getting DOWN
 Ramuh.Atoreis
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Atoreis
By Ramuh.Atoreis 2011-01-08 01:16:24  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
50% str mod
I belive studio gobli more its 2.25 there and 60% str.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 01:22:12  
Ramuh.Atoreis said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
50% str mod
I belive studio gobli more its 2.25 there and 60% str.
Yeah thought all the empyrean ws with a single stat mod were 60%...
 Carbuncle.Blazer
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: blazey
By Carbuncle.Blazer 2011-01-11 12:01:17  
What would be an order of the best leg pieces? I'm having trouble finding some to use.

Also, would the Atheling mantle be best with it's 20 atk, or would a cerb/cerb+1/foragers be better with the atk and str?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-11 12:05:19  
Hachiryu > usukane > others for legs

I use Atheling for the DA, if that were not on it, I'd get a cerb+1
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-11 13:24:39  
INORITE?
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-12 01:56:47  
Few more questions about head. I used to have the old Asuran Fists Anwig (STR+4, WSacc+15, Att+5, Acc+10). Recently changed to something else in light of the changes Abyssea brought.
So I got AGI+4, WSdamage+2%, DEX+4, CritDam+2&
I was thinking to use this for Stringing Pummel, Ascetic's Fury, Blade: Jin and, in the future, Victory Smite and Blade: Hi.

Now though, I'm wondering how would other options do for MNK? Such an Anwig doesn't add anything from Attack or WS modifiers. Yet it supposedly enhance WS damage by 2% (and seeing as the numbers in Abyssea are pretty high, that 2% should be an interesting amount) and Crit Damage by 2%. The latter one is active only on critical hits of the WS, but with RR, GH, capped DEX and Impetus, our Crit rate should be very very high.

So, is using such an anwig still an excellent choice like I thought? Or should I just trash it and try to get something else? Like, I dunno, Aias Bonnet for Victory maybe, or Genbu's Kabuto for Ascetic's?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-12 06:01:37  
That anwig certainly does win for pure dmg, no mistaken there. I have to swap my anwig soon, as well. Only thing I'm not too comfortable w/ is the lack of acc in my ws build and then dropping 25 from it. While I'm probably capped on 90% of things, I could see some heroes zones that the dip in acc may hurt on. I may swap to 2% ws dmg, 15 ws acc, dropping the 10 acc augment and see how I like that before making the full convert to 2% ws dmg, 2% crit dmg, but acc aside, for pure dmg, yes, it is the best option, hands down.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-01-12 06:31:50  
I see, thanks!

Hmm... Do you use Loki's in WS? If you do then maybe a good compromise could be Tantra Cyclas +2 (which you have if I recall?) in place of Loki's 5% crit dam?
This should work decently for both Victory and Ascetic's. Well... not like people like you still use lolascetic lol, but I haven't completed my Revenant yet, so I have to :P
Actually once I finish my Cyclas+2 I'm gonna just use that no matter what, even if just only for the inventory+1 lol

Another compromise could be the elemental belt. I remember your tests about it being worse than Black Belt for Smite (not for Ascetic's), but Elemental provides accuracy as well, and that could be a nice tradeoff for the slightly lower damage (I figure the difference between an elemental and a black belt won't be HUUUUGE, so the +10 acc might be a nice tradeoff if you feel you need acc).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-12 09:13:41  
I use tantra+2 for tp and smite. As for ele belt, would be a good trade off, it's just can get so much acc in that singular slot, though I plan to change it down to at least 15 and get 2% ws dmg.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-01-12 09:47:20  
Yeah personally i didn't feel like doing MKD, i use Gnadbho's Helm
 Ragnarok.Dani
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Lardan
By Ragnarok.Dani 2011-01-12 10:42:40  
How about Tokon Hachimaki? or is it only good for asuran fist if any?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-12 10:48:24  
If you don't have moogle expansion, that's a nice headpiece, other than that, shouldn't even use it for asuran.
 Cerberus.Baleoce
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2011-01-24 02:17:52  
Just wondering, looked at the wiki. It says Light and Frag, Fragmentation is Wind/Thunder, so is there any chance Breeze Gorget works for this as well? Hoping I haven't missed something out, as I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, apologies if I did. Thanks in advance :)
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-01-24 03:31:25  
It should, because each of the gorgets will work for their respective Level 2 skillchain alongside the Level 1 they're directly associated with. For example, a Breeze Gorget is aligned with Detonation, and by extension would be aligned with Fragmentation.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-24 10:11:46  
Breeze, light, thunder.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-01-25 02:46:02  
So an off point gorget question. Chant du Cygne is Light/Distortion. Snow/Aqua/Light is certain. Does Thunder also work for this?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 33 34 35