フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Victory smite build
Victory smite build
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 33 34 35
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-01-25 03:36:47  
Hmm, I didn't think Light/Shadow gorgets worked for the lvl 3 properties unless there's been other tests on them I missed.
 Fenrir.Kut
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-02-14 02:56:14  
Poking around peoples profiles I noticed that a lot of people are using Rajas/Epona's for Smite. Would Vulcan's/Pyrosoul/Stirgoi be better than Rajas? Also, what about Aesir Ear Pendant vs. the 3 and 4 STR earrings (Flame pearl/Vulcan's pearl)?
My set atm:

Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-02-14 04:31:54  
Fenrir.Kut said:
Poking around peoples profiles I noticed that a lot of people are using Rajas/Epona's for Smite. Would Vulcan's/Pyrosoul/Stirgoi be better than Rajas? Also, what about Aesir Ear Pendant vs. the 3 and 4 STR earrings (Flame pearl/Vulcan's pearl)? My set atm:
Unless you arent /war, and not using a high end food, even a str2 earring should beat out aesir on ws, same goes with tantra tath > thew, but ofcourse having more than 1 ws macro is something you should always have, for att capped and non attack situations where att *might be better* And ya str over rajas should be ok
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-14 05:53:41  
I use Rajas/Epona. Epona cause it's *** awesome, Rajas cause not rly going to pay a couple mil for a 7 str ring when they're raising the lv cap again soon, just plain not worth it, bad investment.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-02-14 15:27:47  
Alright, thanks guys, and I'll assume what Hito meant with his love of negatives is that STR > ATT when ATT is capped
 Titan.Viewz
サーバ: Titan
user: Vizzy
By Titan.Viewz 2011-02-25 13:32:33  
Sup Verethragna owners, any chance you guys could post up some screenshot's 300TP WSs/Aftermath considering makeing these.
Would like and idea of what im getting into :)
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-02-25 13:43:15  
Mine.

Anwig is 2% ws dmg, 15 wsacc and 4str, lacks vereth epona's and possibly a bieber belt.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-25 13:44:30  
Why not ire torque?
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-25 13:56:30  
Fenrir.Kut said:
Alright, thanks guys, and I'll assume what Hito meant with his love of negatives is that STR > ATT when ATT is capped

Unless you aren't and not, this shouldn't...

....yup.
 Alexander.Alistrianna
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Alistrianna 2011-03-01 20:44:31  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
SS GH RR for mnk. That being said crit hit dmg+ is going to be capped, so can swap out Loki's. Black belt > thunder belt, but gorget > justice torque. I personally use Thew bomblet and Aesir Ear pendant, but other than that your build looks like mine (I still need heafoc though, using alkies).

Does SS beat out Apocalypse or is RR/GH/SS mainly for Victory Smite?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-01 21:13:08  
in terms of damage for ONLY the ws and not your entire dmg, w/ impetus down probably.

In terms of overall damage, DoT, WS dmg, and ws frequency(since triple attacks during TP gives you more ws but SS won't do anything for your number of ws'), no where even close.

SS is pretty useless once you get af3+2 body though since crit dmg+% has a cap and 3/5 of the time, you'll be much closer to that cap w/ impetus up.
 Cerberus.Blazed
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Blazed 2011-03-02 05:55:27  
wouldnt twilight belt or anguinus belt be a better option for waist seeing as Smite can double/triple attack and the more stacked DA-TA% you have in gear, the greater the chance of big "oh wtf numbers"?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-02 06:12:49  
Not after factoring diminished returns really, though anguinus isn't a bad choice for low pdif scenarios.
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-03-02 06:14:39  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
wouldnt twilight belt or anguinus belt be a better option for waist seeing as Smite can double/triple attack and the more stacked DA-TA% you have in gear, the greater the chance of big "oh wtf numbers"?

While DA/TA will give you big numbers, raising your average ws is going to increase your overall damage.

Beir+1 is raising your base damage by 4-5 points +~7att

Darkanasaur said:
Not after factoring diminished returns really, though anguinus isn't a bad choice for low pdif scenarios.
Even at a mob of 600 def(which is pretty high, even in abyssea) its still getting outclassed by str belts.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-02 06:19:53  
I didn't say 600, I said should you ever be at the low end of the pdif stick, otherwise it's useless.
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-03-02 06:38:14  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I didn't say 600, I said should you ever be at the low end of the pdif stick, otherwise it's useless.
The attack on anguinus belt is useless for smite in abyssea period. I gave you 600 as thats really high of a defense and I dont know any mob with that much defense atleast nothing with enough testing to indicate that much defense. Having no berserk up and no food is obviously a given as you said "low pdif" situations, and I did the best to cover that scenerio for you~

I dont know how much lower on the pdif you think you need to be for it to be worthwhile, but if 800 def vs just equipment buffs isnt low(and virtually unrealstic)enough I dont know what is.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-02 06:42:22  
Cerberus.Blazed said:
The more DA/TA you have, the less you gain % wise from adding more. All the DA and TA you have available in abyssea hurts anguinis a lot.

TA has priority over DA, so w/ epona's and AoA, nearly 1/5 of your DAs are getting overwritten by TAs
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-02 09:52:21  
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Stuff

Where are you getting 600 being unrealistic from? Most reg NMs are assumed to be around 500~ (varying mob to mob), others like Rani/Hedjed/etc are notably higher, even in Scars there's some things I don't insta cap pdif on. And yes, when zerk is down, or /NIN, 600defense will hurt, I have just over 600~ attack w/o zerk (just food).

So base DMG of 76, 4fSTR, 150 STR so 76WSC, 80WSC with 9STR belt, 5.25ftp. Assuming 630 attack with STR belt, 638 w/ anguinus. And cratio of say, 7 levels, so -0.175.

So 0.87*1.2 is 1.04 pdif, 2.04 w/ crit hit. So 873DMG no crits, 1713 w/ crits.

Anguinus
0.93*1.2 is 1.11 pdif, 2.11 w/ crit, so 909DMG, 1728 w/ crits, difference is much smaller w/ crits, but not all of your hits will crit everytime, so under those zerk down conditions on higher def enemies, yes Anguinus will give you far more consistency.

So

Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:

Even at a mob of 600 def(which is pretty high, even in abyssea) its still getting outclassed by str belts.

is wrong. Low end of the pdif stick does exist thanks to cratio, outside of that though, no it wouldn't beat an STR belt.
[+]
 Ifrit.Hitoseijuro
By Ifrit.Hitoseijuro 2011-03-03 23:46:51  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
Stuff
Where are you getting 600 being unrealistic from? Most reg NMs are assumed to be around 500~ (varying mob to mob), others like Rani/Hedjed/etc are notably higher, even in Scars there's some things I don't insta cap pdif on. And yes, when zerk is down, or /NIN, 600defense will hurt, I have just over 600~ attack w/o zerk (just food). So base DMG of 76, 4fSTR, 150 STR so 76WSC, 80WSC with 9STR belt, 5.25ftp. Assuming 630 attack with STR belt, 638 w/ anguinus. And cratio of say, 7 levels, so -0.175. So 0.87*1.2 is 1.04 pdif, 2.04 w/ crit hit. So 873DMG no crits, 1713 w/ crits. Anguinus 0.93*1.2 is 1.11 pdif, 2.11 w/ crit, so 909DMG, 1728 w/ crits, difference is much smaller w/ crits, but not all of your hits will crit everytime, so under those zerk down conditions on higher def enemies, yes Anguinus will give you far more consistency. So
Ifrit.Hitoseijuro said:
is wrong. Low end of the pdif stick does exist thanks to cratio, outside of that though, no it wouldn't beat an STR belt.
I'm not entirely sure what you did there, but I believe this is what it should look like:

You used the revenant knuckles, so well use that path to keep it simple. We are going with minimum buffs right? so cruor str of 40 is pretty minimum. 150 str is way too small, so well use one thats practical and believeable to an extent, 190.

Not using berserk,drinks,food,impetus, no attack/str atmas either(youll be using apoc/gh/RR anyhow). 540 and 550 is going to be the attacks with each builds respectfully. 600 def is what ill be using. Victory smite will be at a 85% crit rate with our buffs in abyssea.

With the amount of str we have vs a typical mob in abyssea, our fstr is going to be 11. 96 wsc with str belt and 91 with attack. So:

540/600 -0.05*7 = .5500
with a 85% crit on ws, we get .85 +.5500 = 1.4
(72+11+96) *5.35*1.4 = 1340.7

550/600-0.05*7 = .5667
.85+.5667 = 1.4167
(72+11+91)*5.35*1.4167 = 1318.8

So no I dont think while inside *abyssea* the attack is going to win, you can even try that with more def if you like. Outside, yes the attack is doing something for you, but I already mentioned my answer was inside abysea...

Also dont misquote me, I said 800 def and no attack buffs was unrealistic(but the example was made to further my comment of the comparison of the belts inside abyssea).
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-04 03:22:29  
Where are you pulling numbers from? First off, base value is irrelevant, I can increase the WSC/fSTR/D to any number and end up with the same results. Also cRatio is 0.025*level

For argument sake we have 250D, 250fSTR, 250WSC (246WSC with anguinus).
So 750 and 746.

630 attack
638 attack
600 defense

630/600 = 1.05. -0.175 = 0.87 *1.2 = 1.04 pDif or 2.04 w/ crit hits
638/600 = 1.06 - 0.175 = 0.88*1.2 = 1.05 pDIF or 2.05 with crit hits

750*5.25ftp * 2.04 = 8032
746*5.25ftp * 2.05 = 8028

Bier +1 wins barely, of course that assumes all hits critical, if even one hit doesn't crit (specifically the first hit) anguinus pulls ahead quite significantly without even factoring the DA+1.

Ie:

7282 DMG if one hit does not crit in Bier set
7282 DMG crit failing one hit in Anguinus.

Oh look, the gap has closed. If not for lacking a 100% crit rate, you would be correct, it happens pretty often you know, even at 85% crit rate.

Also, not sure what you're talking about by getting the same results regardless of how high the defense is. If I go higher to say 650 def, Bier falls way behind.

Also, it's worth noting a cRatio of higher than 7 levels should be expected, hence favoring +attack more.
 Ragnarok.Akuji
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-03-04 17:41:15  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Mine.

Anwig is 2% ws dmg, 15 wsacc and 4str, lacks vereth epona's and possibly a bieber belt.

Just noticed you had a flame gorget in your build, typo I am assuming?
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-03-07 03:45:59  
Anybody mind correcting the tier list I'm writing in this post?
Trying to sort my thoughts on an order of relevance for items, sorted by slot.
Of course, I'm considering this in an Abyssea scenario, with uncapped attack.

Head: 1) Anwig (2% ws damage, 2% crit damage), 2) Aias bonnet, 3) Shura Zunari-Kabuto +1?
Body: 1) Tantra+2, 2) Loki's, 3) Tantra+1 (Tantra+1 should be better than Loki's when Impetus is up and Crit bonus built?)
Hands: 1) Heafoc, 2) Alky's, 3) ??
Legs: 1) Hachiryu, 2) Usukane, 3) Shura Haidate +1?
Feet: 1) Tantra+2, 2) Tantra+1, 3) Areion Gamashes
Ammo: 1) Thew Bomblet, 2) Tantra (I seem to recall reading somewhere that Thew works better than Tantra here?)
Waist: 1) Beir belt+1, 2) Beir belt, 3) Anguinus
Ear: 1) Vulcan's Pearl, 2) Flame pearl, 3) ?
Neck: 1) Ire Torque+1, 2) Elemental gorget, 3) Faith?

I'm a bit confused on waist. How does Anguinus place exactely, compared to the 2 Beir belts?
What about Anwig against Aias?
And what about Neck? Elemental belts lose in the waist slot because there are much better options, but the difference isn't so big for Neck slots, would elemental gorget still be a decent option there, despite the high FTP of the WS? And what about Faith Torque? (of course for those situation where the +7 skill give you +1 damage)
 Ragnarok.Akuji
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-03-07 04:49:18  
Asura.Sechs said:
I'm a bit confused on waist. How does Anguinus place exactely, compared to the 2 Beir belts?
Beir +1 > Beir > BB > Anguinus

Asura.Sechs said:
What about Anwig against Aias?
The Anwig you described (with WACC+15) > Aias > Tantra +2

Asura.Sechs said:
And what about Neck?
Elemental Gorget wins. Light, Breeze, Thunder

Your tier list is pretty good, I also personally use epona/rajas, and a brutal for smite.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-03-07 05:06:57  
So even BB's 7STR is above Anguinus? Even in situations where your attack isn't capped?
I surely wasn't picturing Angui to be that low.

And the Anwig I describd doesn't have WSacc. It's the Crit damage +2%/WS damage +2% one, which should also give agi+4 and dex+4, kinda useless for VSmite, but that 2%+2% should still provide more damage than Aias Bonnet, especially inside Abyssea where numbers are bigger and, hence, that 2% should be bigger as well I suppose?

Aside from a few wrong slots, doesn't seem like my Vsmite set is very off the way, still my average numbers inside Abyssea are pretty low compared to what people reports. My highest has been a uhm 5kish, and I normally sit around 3k I guess, less on some particularly resistant NMs of course.
But then again I'm just eyeballing, would need some more reliable data to tell what my average really is.
 Ragnarok.Akuji
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-03-07 05:33:48  
Asura.Sechs said:
So even BB's 7STR is above Anguinus? Even in situations where your attack isn't capped? I surely wasn't picturing Angui to be that low.

Heavy STR mod on Smite. The math concerning the belts is a couple posts about this one if you are interested.

Asura.Sechs said:
And the Anwig I describd doesn't have WSacc. It's the Crit damage +2%/WS damage +2% one, which should also give agi+4 and dex+4, kinda useless for VSmite, but that 2%+2% should still provide more damage than Aias Bonnet, especially inside Abyssea where numbers are bigger and, hence, that 2% should be bigger as well I suppose?

The best anwig you can create for smite is STR+4 WACC+15 AGI+4 WS DMG+2%. Dropping the STR for the crit DMG+2% won't yield better numbers, it only effects the WS hits that crit, and will really hurt outside abby.

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 07:17:26  
Quote:
So even BB's 7STR is above Anguinus? Even in situations where your attack isn't capped?
I surely wasn't picturing Angui to be that low.

You said uncapped attack, not abysmally low. If your attack is omgwtf low, you can get anguinis to win here over black belt, but that's really a stretch

Quote:
And what about Neck?
Fore pure damage, ire comes out on top slightly, but rly depends on what you're fighting. If it's a heroes mob (Dragua for example), I wouldn't be so quick to give up the 13 acc diff.

Quote:
The best anwig you can create for smite is STR+4 WACC+15 AGI+4 WS DMG+2%. Dropping the STR for the crit DMG+2% won't yield better numbers, it only effects the WS hits that crit, and will really hurt outside abby.

Correct

4 str and 2% ws dmg are sidegradeish as is.

As soon as you lower crit rate or even need 1 point of acc, the crit augment falls behind

Edit: Epona and brutal are to be full timed
[+]
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-03-07 07:41:36  
Win Thread is Win.

TY tiger and all others for asking and answering absolutely everything I wanted to know lol.

/peace
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-09 12:27:06  
Quick question; Seeing as my build kind of lacks a bit of acc was wondering would Kemas Earring be better than Flame pearl for Smite?
 Ragnarok.Akuji
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-03-09 16:30:18  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Quick question; Seeing as my build kind of lacks a bit of acc was wondering would Kemas Earring be better than Flame pearl for Smite?

If your accuracy isn't capped Kemas > Flame.
 Shiva.Kacy
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Kacy 2011-03-12 02:53:03  
Counter atma buffs are amazing in Abyssea, and riding Countersance ontop of that makes Spharai IMO better than the Rev. Fists, DoT is amazing especially if you're countering ontop of that.. and the relic upgrades for Enhnancing the Counter effects makes it a bit more juicy, Nuff said, Spharai>Fake Empyreal... And tbh its far better for tanking. Thats if you know what counterstance is !:) And may I add the base damage and attack? and knowing a good monk with a Spharai and Ascetics Fury can pretty much outpar and perform better as a tank with these?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 33 34 35