Winter Is Coming: "A Game Of Thrones" HBO Series

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Winter is coming: "A Game of Thrones" HBO Series
Winter is coming: "A Game of Thrones" HBO Series
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
 Alexander.Jukie
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2011-04-19 05:53:54  
The writers I read tend to publish something every year but some of them have had to have breaks recently. Vampire Diaries was written in 1991 in 4 books and then the writer decided to start writing more in 2009. But then her publishing company *** her over with a loophole which made her only able to publish Vampire Diaries through them. Then they fired her so it's all gonna be ghost writers from now on. Damn them!

But back to Game of Thrones, maybe the series will inspire him to write the last one faster
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-04-21 20:05:31  
I saw the first episode just now and I must say it was pretty good. It followed the book pretty closely, although it did skip over some stuff, but that's to be expected. I do have to say though, if you hadn't read the books you wouldn't have known what was going on sometimes. it moved very quickly from plot point to plot point. Aside from that, my only major concern is that Dany is supposed to be 13 in the book and they had nudity of her in this. D: (I know the actor isn't 13, but still)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Zello
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Zello 2011-04-29 20:49:02  
http://georgerrmartin.com/if-update.html

:DDDDDDDDDDDDD
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-05-23 15:16:01  
@ the ending of last nights episode: WTF.../cringe WTF

@ finally getting on to HBOgo.com and watching the 7th episode and then realizing now I have to wait 2 weeks until the next new episode...WTF

/just researched spoilers out of boredoem and OMG NOOOOOOO
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2011-05-29 16:20:41  
I just want to bring up a few points.

- Amazing theme song.

- Please read the books if you like the series. In some ways you'll lose the experience of novelty(even though I've known about almost everything that happened beforehand really seeing it was still amazing), but you'll gain so much more insight and you'll feel so much more a part of the series.
[+]
 Leviathan.Melisenna
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-06-06 13:10:48  
Kujata.Daus said:
So the story has no ending? on one hand, that is extremely annoying as a reader..on another, like as was said, the author doesn't work for you. They dont need to do anything. the good news is, seeing as how there is now a show, maybe the show will create a ending?
The best part of the story is the lack of an ending. I think the way he wrote the novels leaves him open to do so much with them. Its not like there was one focal character with one focal storyline. He shifts from one characters point of view to another, over the same period of time so you get a big picture of what is going on. Really I think this is what makes the books (and now show) as good as they are.
Loving the show. I really did not think it would do the books justice. I am pleasantly surprised.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-06-14 03:40:19  
Well, this week's episode did the deed. If you're familiar with the books you know what I'm talking about. Thoughts?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-07-24 21:28:58  
Just started watching this. I'm on episode 4 and I'm really enjoying it.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-07-24 21:30:48  
I'm yet to get to it.. But I plan to, at some point.
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-07-24 21:58:16  
I'm reading the first book. So far, HBO did an awesome job.

Edit: Moved to a Song of Ice and Fire since I finished the Southern Vampire Mysteries. Damn you HBO for making my reading list longer!
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-07-25 23:48:12  
I'm disappointed in how the first season ended. I guess I should have expected it, knowing it was the first of a series.

Spoilered for a reason:
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2011-07-27 14:09:37  
Spence, I'm going to have to disappoint you:
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-07-27 14:11:33  
Damn you!

To click, or not to click!

Edit - I read :<

I'll have to get the books then to speed it up.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2011-07-27 14:15:43  
Just read the last book(came out in july), was severely disappointed in lack of white walkers.

We'll see what happens when the next book comes out in over 5 years.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-07-27 14:17:45  
So what you're saying is we may never know more about them?
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2011-07-27 14:24:36  
What I'm saying is, it will take a very long time before we hear about them.

For clearance;

A Storm of Swords came out in 2000 and last had chapters dedicated to the subject of the wall and white walkers.

5 years after that in 2005 A Feast for Crows came out, which didn't have any chapters dedicated to the night's watch, the wall or the white walkers.(This is because AFFC and ADWD were supposed to be one book but got too big so Mr.Martin had to cut it in half).

Then after that, finally in 2011, once again we hear about the wall and beyond.

So in reality, for me that's been about 11 years without a single chapter on the most interesting part of the series.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-07-27 14:27:15  
Maybe I'll just follow the TV series in hopes that they add some stuff in.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2011-07-27 14:29:52  
That's for the best, but they've been pretty loyal to the books this far.

Anyways, I suggest you just read the books after you've seen each season.

Like read the first book after the first seasons, second after the second season etc, etc.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2011-07-27 14:32:59  
Thanks!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-10-13 18:59:30  
After watching Game of Thrones I purchased the four book boxset for a song of ice and fire and I have to say I love the series.
I'm just about done with book four and am going to start book five in a few days and I have to say this has been the best long-standing read I have had in a long time.
I remember when the series was introduced to me here months ago and I have to thank everyone that recommended it even if I am a little bit late at the gate.
Now I need to get into something else or I will get depressed. :X
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-13 19:00:17  
Game of thrones season one was full of win, I adored it.Can't wait for season 2 >.<
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-10-13 19:09:49  
I haven't read the books, a few friends of mine relayed that the book to show ratio was pretty good.

I'm a sucker for most HBO shows, Game of Thrones took me longer to get into
but certain plot points had me sold so I went back and caught em all in a couple sittings. (thanks OnDemand)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-10-13 19:11:05  
I'd have to say Arya's storyline has been my favorite so far.
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-10-13 19:24:27  
Yeah, she's something like a badass.

I'm patiently waiting for some more SciFi type ***to happen, dragons and whatnot.
Having no prior knowledge and haven't followed the show in the off-season, I'll just assume it's inc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Beef
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2012-01-11 18:40:07  
Fairy.Spence said: »
I'm disappointed in how the first season ended. I guess I should have expected it, knowing it was the first of a series.

Spoilered for a reason:

agreed.

i think the 2 guys they have cast as the Clegane brothers are wrong though.

Gregor is supposed to be the biggest man in the universe and that guy is definitely not that big looking. they need somebody like the Big Show or something, someone who's so big that you can just see, without him standing next to anyone that the guy is a friggin giant. i mean he uses a damn great sword with one hand in the book.

Sandor also seems too normal sized. i always pictured him with the build of a linebacker, not as hulking as Gregor but still a pretty big normal man, like a Brock Lesnar type build.

Tyrion is the man tho lol.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-01-11 18:46:58  
Quote:
Is anyone else incredibly psyched for this?

HEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YESSS man

April cannot get here quick enough. Then again, its going to be very difficult for me to wait a whole week between an episode. I saw Season 1 all within a weekend, it was so addicting to keep going.

/thumbsup
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-03-06 23:27:36  

less than a month to go

Also I finished reading the second book, so I am prepared for the second season! yes!

Soooo some things...spoilered for spoilers

Favorite characters so far are Arya, Sansa, Joffrey, Tyrion, Gendry, Jorah Mormont and Bronn.

I like reading all of the Lannisters and their court though. Their constant plotting and hating of each other makes a good read. I love to hate them (or like them in Tyrions case). I hear that Jaime eventually becomes cool but I was surprised at how little he is in this book.

I hear most people hate Sansa and she starts off as a turd. But Joffreys ruin of her makes her alot more interesting. I do look forward to her POV chapters.

Surprisingly I don't like reading Daenarys or Jon Snow (these seem to be among the favorites). Both characters so far have done nothing interesting to me and minor complaint but everytime Dani shows up GRRM mentions her boobs.

One thing that I am really looking forward to in this season is the new characters and actors. It's tough enough to keep up with all these names but its hard to imagine their faces in my mind. I'm sure the actors are much more believable than the people I've invented in my mind.

edit: I did bad and forgot about Jaqen H'ghar...I am so looking forward to him!
 Sylph.Izzybella
user: Izzybella
By Sylph.Izzybella 2012-03-06 23:47:37  
haha I have to share this here too :P A LS member does celebrity interviews and we dared him to get a shout-out from the Game of Thrones cast he was interviewing. HE DID IT!

[+]
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2012-03-07 00:11:11  
Haha nifty next get a shoutout from Sean Bean prz!
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21