Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22547 22548 22549 ... 22607 22608 22609
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-19 16:33:50  
Ewww, Sundering emote.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-19 17:09:28  
Hope to sell it off to offset the cost lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-19 17:15:53  
I have a wave 1 preorder which is going for big bucks on ebay already so probably can. Wave 2 doesn't ship til October
By Draylo 2024-03-19 17:17:15  
Yea I'm waiting. They are ugly tho... sad, for such a high price they use such cheap material. I still need to sell off the omega and ultima ones sitting in storage
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-19 17:18:30  
lol the new star wars trailer, get ready for the "of course the jedi is white and the bad guy is a bisexual black woman" drones.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-19 17:28:54  
Draylo said: »
Yea I'm waiting. They are ugly tho... sad, for such a high price they use such cheap material. I still need to sell off the omega and ultima ones sitting in storage

Yeah the statue is trash. For $400 I'd expect full models of each of them at least, instead you get basically a shoddy bust of them.
By Pantafernando 2024-03-19 17:35:40  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
lol the new star wars trailer, get ready for the "of course the jedi is white and the bad guy is a black woman" drones.

Hoping we can see that kid from the last one to take the main role, and work as a gray jedi, to bring the force to a new era
By Viciouss 2024-03-19 17:38:39  
lol the new star wars trailer, get ready for the "of course the jedi is white and the bad guy is a bisexual black woman" drones.

I wish they had spent a little more money on the cast and brought a big name in to lead the series.
By Pantafernando 2024-03-19 17:42:08  
Couple of videos ive been watching here and there about Star Wars lore, and one of the things I despise the most is how many have high reverence for Luke Skywalker as a jedi master.

I mean, im my eyes, hes probably the WORST jedi in the entire franchise. Not for lack of potential, but for how late he started training, and how rushed it was.

Anakin was deemed old being a kid. Luke started no earlier than in his teenage. All his training probably werent more than a couple of Youtube quality video being played in a very small time interval.

Him being on par with Vader only made sense in my eyes for the following situations:

1. Maybe Vader was really in his last leg in life. With his movements completely hindered by his machine body and age, maybe this narrowed the difference in physical combat with Luke.

2. Maybe in the end, Anakin wasnt never really that strong. Most his relevant fights were defeats in the first 3 movies. So, its not surprise he sucked so much to lose for a wanabe jedi like Luke.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-03-19 18:04:52  
Uh.... Luke was not a jedi master during the events of the OG trilogy. He was a Jedi Knight by the end, but not a master.

At certain points in the extended universe he was pretty badass, but that's all been erased, except for when Disney decides it likes an aspect of the extended universe and then they use it.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-19 18:10:58  
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-03-19 18:11:38  
imagine how terrifying it would feel to be a grunt outside the boardroom with the two most powerful people in the galaxy working inside, both could just kill you for being late for your shift with a glance

And you disarm Luke and send him in with them in chains.
And then later luke walks out with his handcuffs gone, carrying a barely alive vader and the emporer is dead with the ship blowing up.
[+]
By Josiahafk 2024-03-19 18:15:00  
Viciouss said: »
Looks like the new James Bond has been cast. Aaron Taylor-Johnson...I have only barely heard of him. Which is a good thing.
I think they were the prostitute in "The Menu"
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-03-19 18:17:33  
Josiahafk said: »
Viciouss said: »
Looks like the new James Bond has been cast. Aaron Taylor-Johnson...I have only barely heard of him. Which is a good thing.
I think they were the prostitute in "The Menu"

Isn't Aaron Teylor-Johnson the horrible Gambit from X-men: Wolverine?

Nevermind, it's quicksilver from Avengers: Age of Ultron.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-19 18:21:06  
Naw. Tangerine in bullet train though. Quicksilver, also yeah.

He ain't bad.

(Oh my god he was the kid that played kickass, jesus christ I feel old)
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-19 18:34:20  
Pantafernando said: »
Couple of videos ive been watching here and there about Star Wars lore, and one of the things I despise the most is how many have high reverence for Luke Skywalker as a jedi master.

I mean, im my eyes, hes probably the WORST jedi in the entire franchise. Not for lack of potential, but for how late he started training, and how rushed it was.

Anakin was deemed old being a kid. Luke started no earlier than in his teenage. All his training probably werent more than a couple of Youtube quality video being played in a very small time interval.

Him being on par with Vader only made sense in my eyes for the following situations:

1. Maybe Vader was really in his last leg in life. With his movements completely hindered by his machine body and age, maybe this narrowed the difference in physical combat with Luke.

2. Maybe in the end, Anakin wasnt never really that strong. Most his relevant fights were defeats in the first 3 movies. So, its not surprise he sucked so much to lose for a wanabe jedi like Luke.

[+]
By Draylo 2024-03-19 18:47:21  
He gonna be kraven in probably the newest sony flop. Seems like they want to prop him up now randomly.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-03-19 19:20:44  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
With the incoming FFXI 24 man in XIV, there seems to be a ton of folks jumping into XI to try and make Youtube content for it.

It seems to be mainly being made by some folks actually interested and passionate about XI like Vicenarian.

On the other hand I keep seeing people crop up making recaps, "explanations," and other such things. Some of them feel very much like grifters to me, saying things like, "This is the first ever comprehensive review of FFXI!" And stuff like that isn't even true. Or I guess, rather, it becomes untrue every time new content has come out for XI.

I guess I should be celebrating XI being pushed into the spotlight in a largely positive way. But it also just makes me a bit sour I guess, because I just think, "Where were you, years ago?"

Not only that, though, a lot of the explanations get things wrong or are just literal summaries of the exact events of the stories, and some of these come from XIV based channels and it drives me up the wall.

Someday, perhaps, people will remember that the world really doesn't give a ***about their opinions, and "everyone gets a voice" just results a cacophony of whining rather than a symphony of thought.

Its just a bunch of grifters as you properly described them. Hoping to perhaps make a couple bucks off someone else's work.
I'm gonna steal this for the next time this topic is brought up

Luke started no earlier than in his teenage
Shounen power!!
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-19 19:46:54  

You have to remember that the Original Trilogy was made by Lucas in a highly different state of mind.

For instance, in the OT when he wrote them, Lightsabers had recently been reconceptualized as a Jedi/Sith only weapon, whereas in his original drafts they were originally called Laser Swords and had a clunky belt + cord combo and were extremely heavy, hard to wield. And people other than Jedi used them, and originally Anakin used a red laser sword even before falling to become a Sith.

He kept the idea that they were hard to wield, without ever really explaining it ever in the OT.

So other ideas were also a lot different than they wound up being in the Prequels. And Disney is all a wreck, so please disregard most of it (except the first two seasons of Mandalorian, those can stay).

Anyway, Luke's training was not done by council rules, as the Jedi Council did not exist anymore. It was given to him out of desperation, and his bevy of attachments and emotions as an adult trainee are why he failed his first round of training with Yoda.

While we're only shown some minutes of training on Dagobah, remember that in the OT especially, the movies made use of understood time lapses. Like, Luke is on Dagobah training for as long as Han Solo, Leia, and all of them are stuck fixing the Millenium Falcon in that Asteroid Worm. And Luke is still training when they travel to and spend the night in Cloud City. He was likely there training for a couple of weeks, minimum.

He also had that small bit of in flight training in the very first movie from Obi-wan, and Obi-wan's spirit guiding him at every step of his journey.

In his first fight with Vader, Vader was merely trying to capture him. That's why he knocks him into the Carbonite freezing hole. But Luke was trained enough to Force Jump out of it in time. Vader wasn't trying to beat Luke, and Luke still managed to land some grazes on Vader, but he ultimately lost and lost his hand.

There's a year or something like that time lapse between Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi. In that time, Luke constructed his own lightsaber, mastered Force Persuasion, and became confident in his powers. But he doesn't know everything, and so he goes to return to Dagobah after saving Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt. When he gets there, Yoda is dying. Yoda tells him of his sister and that Vader is his father, and then Yoda dies.

He has a ghost chat with Obi-wan about it. And this is where we get our first shade of grey for the Jedi. They had wanted Luke to kill Vader, believing Vader to be irredeemable. And they thought that if they told Luke the truth, it would drive him into Vader's arms and let Vader play him against them.

But Luke then resolves to redeem Vader, and that is why he is great. The OT was the ultimate redemption story. In the old masters' minds, Anakin Skywalker was dead, because to them, Vader was beyond redemption.

The Emperor comes into play in Empire Strikes Back and then again in Return of The Jedi. He exists in the plot to be the negative force that seduced Anakin to the Dark Side.

If you rewatch the Throne Room scenes, those scenes aren't really about the lightsaber fight between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. Their sword strokes against one another are merely outward manifestations of their inner struggles. Vader's struggle in being slave to The Emperor and the Dark Side, and Luke's struggle to free and redeem him.

And in the end, through their intense personal connection as Father and Son. Through Luke throwing away his weapon. Through his passionate plea, Vader kills The Emperor and is redeemed.

This proves that Obi-wan and Yoda were ultimately wrong. That the old Jedi ways were wrong.

Luke was then the only living Jedi. The only living, trained Force user. And with his knowledge and resolve, he could have built a new order with a new mentality. And you see that in a lot of the old EU stories, where he then turns into the writer's power fantasy.

But...

When Lucas made the Prequels, he had changed as a person, and he was also more motivated by money, since he had been living a lavish lifestyle and also gone through multiple divorces. Star Wars then became a means to an end, and due to letting so many EU stories, games, comics, and other media grow up over the decades, what Star Wars was and what it was perceived to be began to change in the public eye. The public, at large, doesn't appreciate nuance or complexity in writing or themes. Just about everyone who's a big fan of the Prequels missed the forest for the trees when it comes to how the Jedi Order is portrayed. You have the mathematical Midichlorian count. You have the council only willing to take and train toddlers, so that they can be indoctrinated to the beliefs of the Jedi without forming their own moral code or thoughts. You have a council that participates in Galactic Politics, rather than in fostering their own order as their main focus. You have the dramatic irony that their downfall and nemesis are right there, right under their noses, but they've lost their way so much to a cold calculus of sorts that they can't sense him.
And it was largely the rule of cool at work, undermining this subtle thing. The lightsaber had become intensely choreographed, almost acrobatic displays. The meaning behind them was disconnected, disenfranchised. They became shows of power, rather than of internal struggle.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-03-19 19:55:56  
Vyre-kun

Come to the dog side of the force!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-03-19 19:56:37  
[+]
By Jetackuu 2024-03-19 22:10:31  
lol the new star wars trailer, get ready for the "of course the jedi is white and the bad guy is a black woman" drones.

Hoping we can see that kid from the last one to take the main role, and work as a gray jedi, to bring the force to a new era
there is no such thing as a gray Jedi...
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-03-19 22:20:43  
@vyre- and something that always sticks with me is that Luke is trained the way one would learn something after the fall of a civilization- it's not just the brevity or late start out of desperation as you mention, but also I picture all the lost knowledge, even with teachers such as Obi-Wan and Yoda. The expertise and written allegories of literally thousands of Jedi over centuries prior to Luke's time.

For me, that would be the equivalent of trying to teach someone Physics after the fall of man. You'd might know of Quantum, but you're just hoping the guy who farms *** water can pick up Newton.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-19 22:22:15  
Jedi's are the BEST...

at running away from ppl with blasters.
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-20 00:44:37  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Oh hey they made the Sundering emote loop. $400 well spent
Lol ? shameless
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-03-20 00:49:11  
I am going to cry i finally found my folklore cd it was inside the shitty final fantasy 13 cover
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-03-20 01:54:46  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
I am going to cry i finally found my folklore cd it was inside the shitty final fantasy 13 cover
I mean it’s not the best but it has some solid tracks, I can’t judge.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-03-20 07:39:15  
Folklore had a nice soundtrack and was a very pretty game overall
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-03-20 08:14:46  
Asura.Vyre said: »
When Lucas made the Prequels, he had changed as a person, and he was also more motivated by money, since he had been living a lavish lifestyle and also gone through multiple divorces.

Wasn't Lucas assisted in a large part by others writing the OT? I had always heard his wife at the time and some other staff were heavily involved in the writing and editing.

Years ago 'Did You Know Gaming?' did a video about some of the Star Wars failed projects and a lot of them appeared to fail due to Lucas inability to take feedback or changing direction halfway through. Some of it was reinforced by direct quotes. I'm not sure how accurate this content was, but taking it at face value, it always struck me as odd he was able to pull off something like the OT with this approach/mentality. The fact he named Jar Jar as his favorite character is also a head scratcher.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22547 22548 22549 ... 22607 22608 22609