日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Azdaja Duo Strategies
Azdaja Duo Strategies
 Leviathan.Agetos
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Agetos 2011-08-11 12:28:49  
I wildfire'd this dragon for 2 Ochains worth of stuff in 2 days lol. 2.6 mil cruor or so, roughly 6-9 pops per brew, 2 shotted each time. the only problem is his occasional doom, wears off when he dies though.
 Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen 2011-08-11 12:30:06  
I can varify that its plausible to duo with whm + mnk. Currently trioing it with thf, mnk and whm atm but we've had several occasions where the thf has died and has been out of the entire fight.

Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

About NIN and MNK tanking... MNK is probably the worst one to use here. Guard probably isn't procing enough to matter, and i'm not sure if you can even counter spike flail. Either way, if that move connects and you don't evade/absorb/block it, expect a solid 2-3000 damage. His spells are going to hit you for 1000 without the right gear sets, shell, and atma as well.

For spike flail Kuni just switches to PDT set, so its not hitting him that hard at all. I can't tell you how much its doing you'd have to ask him but even when Azdaja dispells his cruor buffs, he is able to survive spike flail easily. Also with a decent MDT set and making sure shell is up at all times his nukes aren't doing any major damage. The only thing we have to really watch is if he gets hit with doom.
 Odin.Zelphes
サーバ: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-08-11 12:45:25  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
dd tanking it from behind + whm outside of party

problem officer?

This works very well. Be sure to carry stacks of holywaters as you may ocassionally be inflicted with doom. Need this off ASAP or it will get messy.

Few tips; be sure to position fast and correctly (once you reach camp, preferably right above flux 7) Be sure to have your back to a wall since you will be eating spikeflails every so often that knocks you back - often makes Azadja turn.

It tends to flail right after spellcasts so swap into PDT gear to minimize dmg. You will have time to do so with reasonable timeframe.
Use MDT set for spellcasts, as it will make spell dmg taken managable, and leave you with more hp for the connecting spikeflail you will eat right after, which makes it easier on your healer(s).

Lastly, if you see it cast dispel, swap into your idle set/whatever set with movement speed ASAP and head to flux 7> grab cruor buffs/atmas (whichever that gets dispelled). With fast enough reaction, you can reach flux 7 w/o getting interrupted and have WHM kite it to that big open area past the bugalos. It paths horrible there.

I recommend MNK/WAR and grab Stalwarts for each fight to speed up kill. Goes fast with MNK, and even faster if you have vere. Typical duration each fight is 5-7 minish.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen
By Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen 2011-08-11 13:06:59  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Quote:
One last thing, OP, you pretty much understand you need your WHM outside the pt. Thats means linearly, you won't get access to -na spells that might be critical.
-na spells can be targetted on anyone right? I understand it may be a bit more awkward to put across the message that you are inflicted by something (would have to be /say or /linkshell) but you should still be able to remove it.

Yep -na spells still work outside of pt lol. Only thing you can't do is erase its addle or bind.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
サーバ: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-08-11 13:34:23  
Quote:
-na spells can be targetted on anyone right? I understand it may be a bit more awkward to put across the message that you are inflicted by something (would have to be /say or /linkshell) but you should still be able to remove it.

Sometimes its a pain in the ***. Most people also use <stal> or <stpt> macros too, so looking around in the spell book is derp-tastic

Quote:
Except you need no specialized atma, no relics or Empyreans, no out of the ordinary gear, or much of anything you've specified. This fight is extremely easy

You are a god. This thing was a pain in the ***, at least to me.

Quote:
wat >.>

*What
 Remora.Dodu
サーバ: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 13:36:04  
Draylo and I are both gods, then. I healed, and he tanked. One of us had the occasional death from the fluxing to get cruor buffs back, but we never had a single wipe.

If your melee knows how to cast Utsusemi during an -aga cast so that it finishes after your shadows are wiped, and if your WHM knows how to, ya' know, cure, this fight is easy.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-11 13:36:29  
Honestly, duo strats are interesting and possible on this NM, but I have yet to meet an O.chain or Dura that didn't end up just brewing him eventually.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-08-11 13:37:26  
I never had a wipe either, im just saying, i've never had luck with MNKs and the one time we used a NIN, it wasn't super clean. I never wiped to it with this strategy.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 13:37:54  
Definitely what Byrth said.

Its easy, but its still a pain in the ***. Find a bunch of friends to hold pops for you and brew them down. You can finish in a day.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 13:39:17  
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
I never had a wipe either, im just saying, i've never had luck with MNKs and the one time we used a NIN, it wasn't super clean. I never wiped to it with this strategy.

I fully believe that you never wiped killing it with a PLD with specialized atma. I also fully believe it took twice as long as ours did.
 Phoenix.Gustavve
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-08-11 13:45:28  
Should I do this Almace/Aegis + whm or Kannagi + whm(for killspeed)?
 Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen
By Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen 2011-08-11 13:51:35  
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
If you use spellcast it's easier //cursna Gus.

This is what I do and I have to agree it does make it much easier. Better than leaving your tank crippled by para or silence lol. Although, I also made a seperate macro set specifically for outside healing for these types of nms. I usually use <stal> for all my spells, including healing but i can't use that obviously so its the best way to go :P
 Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen
By Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen 2011-08-11 13:53:17  
That was odd.. quoted Gustavve and it changed to Kyokaku Oo
 Phoenix.Gustavve
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-08-11 13:56:17  
I edited out the spellcast stuff, Sorry ; ;
 Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen
By Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen 2011-08-11 13:56:47  
Lol arf now i look silly D:
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 13:58:08  
Phoenix.Gustavve said:
Should I do this Almace/Aegis + whm or Kannagi + whm(for killspeed)?

Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-08-11 14:16:58  
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
About NIN and MNK tanking... MNK is probably the worst one to use here. Guard probably isn't procing enough to matter, and i'm not sure if you can even counter spike flail. Either way, if that move connects and you don't evade/absorb/block it, expect a solid 2-3000 damage. His spells are going to hit you for 1000 without the right gear sets, shell, and atma as well.

I have to disagree with this. I have used both NIN and MNK on this (tanked myself) and from my experience, MNK has an advantage.

This is due to not need to cast utsu spells. All those aga spells takes away from your dmg where MNKs does not have to worry about recasting (if /WAR). Not to mention a big chunk of dmg comes from counters itself. Guard does squat, and you shouldn't rely on it in any situations. With higher Max HP, healers have more room for cures, and tank to survive connecting spike dmg taken here.

The spikeflails hit me in the range of 900-1500ish in PDT gear. The spells around 800-1500ish in MDT gear (assuming pro/shell is on). I have 4k HP as MNK/WAR (HP can fluctuate due to Dom influence abit) using GH/Apoc/RR. Usually go by this setup on Azadja due to the extra Subtle blow. But swapping GH for SS should work just as fine. Down to what you prefer really. I have all merit/Furtherance abyssites which should be mandatory by now.

If you are used to duo with dd tank and whm, you should pick up the fight really fast using this strat.

With that said, NIN can do this just as fine though.

I have gear sets for MNK posted on my profile if its to any help.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-08-11 14:20:37  
Maybe i've just met some awful mnks and nins in the past, lol.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 14:22:25  
Not really sure why NIN and MNK are on the table, TBH. Doesn't take a terribly long time to kill with THF(the ability to SA is nifty, especially if you've got Rudra's), and no amount of killspeed increase is going to make up for a single drop because you didn't have significant TH on it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-08-11 14:22:31  
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

how would that be possible
 Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen
By Carbuncle.Eruthiadwen 2011-08-11 14:37:23  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:

how would that be possible

He hasn't met Kuni >=( Sev, Kuni has frapsed videos (AGAIN) of this fight yesterday. I could get him to post it XD
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-08-11 14:45:13  
Tanking from behind, the only issues you'll face are endoom and Dispel. The rest is pretty simple. I didn't brew mine, went MNK and WHM. If you find it too awkward to flux and get buffs again, (if dboxing), then you can still kill it without doing so. I used SS atma and /NIN when dboxing, aga followed immediately by flail is a killer. Besides that it's basically Dragua.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 15:46:21  
Possible, but it wasn't that long ago.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-08-11 16:02:57  
If your player who popped Azadja rejoins outside pt before he either die/zone out to shed hate, or anyone in outside pt engage Azadja before it goes idle - aoe will hit outside party. You can remedy this with having whoever popping NM in tank pt die, then rejoin outside pt. Or just keep him in with tank pt if she/he is bored.
 Remora.Dodu
By Remora.Dodu 2011-08-11 16:04:05  
Definitely wasn't the case a few months ago. You could do whatever you want, and the AoE would only hit party members of the targeted player.
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2011-08-11 16:10:49  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Honestly, duo strats are interesting and possible on this NM, but I have yet to meet an O.chain or Dura that didn't end up just brewing him eventually.

i duoed my ochain to 90 and no one brewed a single azdaja so...

HI NICE TO MEET YOU
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-08-12 03:00:13  
This nm is a *** every single time you use hundred fists he gets a 100% petrify proc rate! D:< Can drop it faster than Isgebind, though I have been killed before 95% twice due to stubborn dooms =/. Apart from doom there's nothing too bad about it. even without cruor buffs, got dispelled at 90%, took less than 10 mins to take down still. I use SS RR apoc on MNK, the extra hp lets you survive a cursed nuke > flail. Oh and we made Hverglmir with the horns XD
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-12 03:08:41  
so i believe the people who say they can duo it, but i also don't think it's as easy as people make it out to be. but my shell is mostly made of tarus... also, i'm pretty sure we've also had our atmas dispelled.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-08-12 03:13:12  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
so i believe the people who say they can duo it, but i also don't think it's as easy as people make it out to be. but my shell is mostly made of tarus... also, i'm pretty sure we've also had our atmas dispelled.
You only have your atma dispelled if you tank from the front, can't happen from behind
[+]