Azdaja Duo Strategies
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-12 03:19:33  
Carbuncle.Kunisama said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
so i believe the people who say they can duo it, but i also don't think it's as easy as people make it out to be. but my shell is mostly made of tarus... also, i'm pretty sure we've also had our atmas dispelled.
You only have your atma dispelled if you tank from the front, can't happen from behind
nice to know, thanks. will keep it in mind when we work on a second ochain :)

also, if it hasn't been mentioned, sometimes near 7 you don't get hit with flail even in party.
 Siren.Pockettaru
サーバ: Siren
user: Jacob246
By Siren.Pockettaru 2011-08-12 03:22:04  
Very easy duo with a WHM and a Vere Mnk(if you was wonder I always /war <3!). I ate red curry buns occ +1's and buffed b4 we poped it. took it to the flux and tanked it from behind the WHMs have 2 options they can stand out of range on the top its a tricky spot but easy to get to if u know what ur doing or the whm can just drop out of pt and kill b4 buff wear or get single targeted buffs. bring lots of holy waters dont really just depends on ur whm to remove it can go bad GL!

Edit: The spell dispel takes off curor buffs but not atmas. u can heal threw SpikeF if ur whm isn't dumb ;p!
 Sylph.Emdief
サーバ: Sylph
user: Emdief
By Sylph.Emdief 2011-08-12 07:35:27  
Have another pop, I will try to do it again today and figure out why it didn't dispel me at all. Gonna try solo this time to make it more challenging. I will post later today.
Atmas are going to be RR FF C&D.
 Sylph.Emdief
By Sylph.Emdief 2011-08-18 06:23:19  
Just did a phail attempt solo, died miserably at 93% as I *** up with stun. It's definitely doable solo, there are at least two ways to do it and I'm gonna test them both in the next days:
1. atma of the kirin, FF and C&D: stright tank from behind, use sushi for acc. Stun breakga and ga4. Stonega 4 hit me for 875, Spike Flail for 1433. If you use kirin + c&d you should be able to tank in melee gear for most of the time.
2. RR, GH and VV: tank it stright, it's extremely easy to kite whenever migawari is down, moves very slowly.
I'm gonna attempt this again with the option number 1 whenever I make the pop again, but it's gonna take at least 50 mins.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-08-18 06:31:19  
Sounds good but how you planning on dealing with dispel? Even if you stun it you will still lose your cruor buffs
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-08-18 06:31:35  
This guy is a joke. Like most others say, DD solo with whm out of party. Tank on tail, try to not fall asleep. Only dangerous part is the doom you may or may not remove.

I've duoed him countless times with dnc and stood basically on top of the dnc while taking no damage whatsoever.
By Quiznor 2011-08-18 06:41:09  
Idk how people say the WHM out of party thing works.We had a WHM out of party during my mass brewing and after the first cure 1 to wake me up near the end of brew (forgot a poison pot on my first run) all the tp moves started hitting the WHM.Specifially the sleep wing tp move because of the range.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-08-18 06:48:36  
Quiznor said: »
Idk how people say the WHM out of party thing works.We had a WHM out of party during my mass brewing and after the first cure 1 to wake me up near the end of brew (forgot a poison pot on my first run) all the tp moves started hitting the WHM.Specifially the sleep wing tp move because of the range.
Because it does? I know this because i've done it many, many times for multiple reasons. These NMs use to hit anyone and everyone with their AoE moves until they patched it.
 Ragnarok.Raizell
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Exoda
By Ragnarok.Raizell 2011-08-18 07:03:26  
done azdaja few times as NIN/DRK + NIN/DNC tanking from behind, restock medicine before every pop, NIN/DNC had kannagi and NIN/DRK(me) was doing stuns on all -ga and run to buy Healing Powder whenever was needed, died on few pops, its not perfect but it works
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-08-18 07:03:27  
Quiznor said: »

No tp move should hit the whm IF you are tanking on the tail. Flail is the only tp move it should use, if you are saying your whm was getting hit by flail outside of pt then you simply mistaken cuz it does not happen. Wings will hit anyone on the hate list, this goes for all wyrms i know. Having tanked 150 hearts, 75 scales and a bunch of these horns i assure u the above strat is 100%, holy waters for the endoom, the worse thing it has is cruor dispel and endoom.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Emdief
By Sylph.Emdief 2011-08-18 07:57:14  
Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
Sounds good but how you planning on dealing with dispel? Even if you stun it you will still lose your cruor buffs
Tested it out today, it misses enough to avoid getting hit with flail. The first time I've done this duo I never got dispelled, don't ask me why cos I have no idea. It is definitely not a joke to solo, but if you can time migawari and shadows properly you should be able to stun breakga and ga4 with no problems. I will try again tomorrow hopefully.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-08-18 08:00:06  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
your whm has to be off the hate list when the NM is popped that's all. if they are in party at any point or if they popped the NM, they need to log out to erase that enmity. fluxxing back will just get you killed

When I popped him as thf and whm never in party, he could stand right beside me as thf and never take dmg

False.
Being duo i only have me and my whm friend to hold KI, whm has poped while in pt many times, long as they drop after i grab it flail will not hit.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-08-18 08:07:14  
Well alot of times it just wont use it. Duo/triod all of ours making hverglmir. Out of about 45 fights I'd say maybe only 15 or less actually used dispel. May still be possible to kill without cruor buffs though, got it from 80-0% without cruor buffs before its jst alot riskier/longer, just turns a 2min fight into a 5min fight and with a good whm to back you up its not too bad. Solo though idk. Could always flux and get back real quick if theres no one about to steal :P
Good luck with anyways.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-08-18 15:10:33  
yesterday was my latest pop so ya it should work.