By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-20 14:39:44  
Did you just say cheese bus?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-09-20 14:41:39  
Assuming he meant short yellow bus. Sorta sad that he has to go test something that the op answered already. Clearly reading is not his specialty.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-20 14:44:52  
Bismarck.Lilinett said: »
you are right, i am an idiot to be asking short cheese bus tards to test anything i will do it myself.

wat
 Odin.Esor
サーバ: Odin
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2011-09-20 20:54:08  
just throwing this out there, (gandiva rng here) under the effects of camouflage, ranged attacks generate 0 CE? so adding these effects together, we have a period of generating 0 CE, followed by massive spikes to VE. then we get a period where we can offset our already low CE, and plant it on other people, but we still have major spikes of VE that we're left dealing with.

i can see decoy shot reducing hate pulled with aftermath (emp/relic) but aside from that, there is just too much VE to deal with. i can wait 5 minutes on a fresh nm, allowing the tank to completely cap hate.. start damage at 60% hp remaining, and still pull hate in 2 ws, 3 if there's another tank. that's the real issue i think.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-20 20:58:57  
you are right, i am an idiot to be asking short cheese bus tards to test anything i will do it myself.
Gonna put you on my list right below a few other well known derp Bismarkians.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-09-20 21:03:15  
volkom said: »
for some reason, i wanna say try when the nin establishes enough threat before ws or barrage instead of doing it at the start ~ but
/shrug
You're one of them...
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-20 21:05:23  
Odin.Esor said: »
just throwing this out there, (gandiva rng here) under the effects of camouflage, ranged attacks generate 0 CE? so adding these effects together, we have a period of generating 0 CE, followed by massive spikes to VE. then we get a period where we can offset our already low CE, and plant it on other people, but we still have major spikes of VE that we're left dealing with.

i can see decoy shot reducing hate pulled with aftermath (emp/relic) but aside from that, there is just too much VE to deal with. i can wait 5 minutes on a fresh nm, allowing the tank to completely cap hate.. start damage at 60% hp remaining, and still pull hate in 2 ws, 3 if there's another tank. that's the real issue i think.

wat

Camouflage is -25 enmity while active, it doesn't eliminate CE. Unless Decoy Shot doesn't apply to WS(no reason to believe it doesn't), there's little chance of pulling hate against a PLD doing their job while the JA is up. High Jump should lessen the VE burden slightly as well.
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2011-09-20 22:11:21  
Annihilator Ranger seem to benefit the most from my testing due to damage spikes during TP and minimal hate generation during weaponskills. This should allow me to let loose with double shot and barrage more often during longer fights.
 Bismarck.Lilinett
サーバ: Bismarck
user: kidmavado
By Bismarck.Lilinett 2011-09-20 22:28:07  
asstar put me on a 100 list idgaf get off my d word you lil b word.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-20 22:29:40  
That's cute.
 Hades.Cheyne
サーバ: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2011-09-20 22:43:09  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
That's cute.

All kinds of mad up in here.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2011-09-23 00:58:29  
what dodu is saying is how decoy shot actually work. it does transfer all ce from ranged attacks and weaponskills and barrage.

I just did salvage on Rng with a monk tank a couple of days ago. was 1 shotting all the mobs but when it came to a NM they had enough hp to let this ability shine.

let monk pull the NM (upper floor frog in this case) and wait a bit. popped decoy and shot a few times then began to go all out. ws > seka > ws > barrage > ws > meditate/double shot > ws etc etc. I never pulled hate until decoy wore off.

my lolabyssea test isn't accurate because the VE you generate is more than that nin's hate from pulling.

posting on phone so forgive format
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-09-23 01:45:27  
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
what dodu is saying is how decoy shot actually work. it does transfer all ce from ranged attacks and weaponskills and barrage.

I just did salvage on Rng with a monk tank a couple of days ago. was 1 shotting all the mobs but when it came to a NM they had enough hp to let this ability shine.

let monk pull the NM (upper floor frog in this case) and wait a bit. popped decoy and shot a few times then began to go all out. ws > seka > ws > barrage > ws > meditate/double shot > ws etc etc. I never pulled hate until decoy wore off.

my lolabyssea test isn't accurate because the VE you generate is more than that nin's hate from pulling.

posting on phone so forgive format

Sure it transfers all hate from weaponskills and barrage? I saw some testing which indicated that it only transfers hate from regular ranged attacks.

Also, gandiva people stop complaining and upgrade a gun or something. With hate-free WS, this ability really really shines. I can't speak for Armageddon, but with Annihilator it's amazing.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-09-23 08:27:21  
Not sure, but I think it does apply to WS and barrage. Was doing reclears on the sandy path as rng/Sam an at 70% I would run behind the pld and unload 4-5 WS and Barrage and only took indirect damage. The mob never looked at me. This was cranking out 6-8k per 30-40 secs
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-09-23 09:01:41  
I feel so sorry for Dodu, he post legitimate explanations and no one can seem to just listen and understand.

When you do any action you have CE (Constant emnity) and VE (Volatile emnity), Decoy transfers your CE which as the word constant makes it sound is a lower building, never reducing single number. However VE Which the word Volatile imply's is Rapidly building, but decays over time.

When you go test this ability with no knowledge of CE / VE numbers of every single action done in the span of the fight you will never actually know why you don't pull hate.

Decoy shot is nothing but helpful, don't use it at the start of the fight with 300% tp then come on here and tell people it doesn't work for WS or Barrage Ect. Tanks do not need 5 mins to build hate, In fact a Nin/Drk now-adays can cap hate in 48secs with full buffs but sadly Nin/Drk is pretty useless when you could just DD the mob.
[+]
By Meowza 2011-09-23 18:26:53  
It's cumulative enmity not constant.

Lucky for you, you're understanding of constant doesn't change much of it's actual effect...