フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dyna Solo
Dyna Solo
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 16:19:25  
Yep.

Hippogryphs from 8-16, Manticores from 16-0, Flies from 0-8, repeat.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 16:20:46  
But now im curious. if when i farmed CoP all Ja camps were taken (not often) i would go duo ws proc mobs. pull a group >> cyclone >> sleep and kill whichever proced. it worked pretty well.

but with the new knowledge of spikes procing magic mobs i wonder if that will work well with a group. pld pulls large group and melee just rape whichever proc. pld/rdm can spikes/aoe magic proc.
By mortontony1 2012-02-06 16:59:27  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Yep.

Hippogryphs from 8-16, Manticores from 16-0, Flies from 0-8, repeat.

Well that saves me tons of work. Thank you lol. Now I'm not really one to trust wiki, anyone have actual pos for te mobs in valkrum and buburimu? I've only done sandy which was fun but cop farming just sounds a lot better

Edit: Just looked on wiki, says there are 4 TEs in Valk? Thought there were 5 per zone?
 Fenrir.Kelyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-02-06 17:06:40  
Recently my runs have suffered from bst competition on ja camps. No Mobs available. Has any other dual boxers had success with magic procs? I can dual box nin/rdm and thf/whm. Do spikes actually proc in dream?

Just hoping for some input before I wasted a run tonight with this set up.
 Sylph.Annex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-02-06 17:12:49  
Cerberus.Ddbone said: »
As long as done properly 5-6 people can easily come out with 600+ currency and 60 forgotten items to boot.

I have to agree not affective either. Split is 100 currency per person but solo 150-250 is much more.

Only way you come out better is with the forgotten items being more if doing dc mobs.
 Sylph.Annex
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-02-06 17:16:50  
Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
Recently my runs have suffered from bst competition on ja camps. No Mobs available. Has any other dual boxers had success with magic procs? I can dual box nin/rdm and thf/whm. Do spikes actually proc in dream?

I have tried to dual box, myself on bst/dnc and my rdm mule and magic procs suck. However this was me in bastok with all 5 te's. Haven't tried cop yet cuz I'm to lazy to do cop on my mule. Used to be my brothers account and so mad he didn't go farther than Minotaur.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-02-06 17:17:16  

Spikes and enspells don't proc. A friend tested these through 2 windows before going back to JA.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 17:22:47  
Sylph.Decimus said: »

Spikes and enspells don't proc. A friend tested these through 2 windows before going back to JA.

ahhh mixed info. i would if someone else can confirm/deny if this is true (spikes not enspells)
 Bismarck.Recaldy
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2012-02-06 17:25:49  
I tried DRG/WHM in Valkrum once for magic and went unsuccessfull with 2 procs of the 4 fought duing the window while spamming dia. I then tried my hand with the WS window mobs and it gave me twice as many procs as magic. I then shifted to JA proc for the hell of it. Jump1/2 and Smiting Breath proved more valuable than magic and WS combined. Planning on drg/dnc later today to see if it'll outdo my crummy axe skilled BST's record of 137 coins solo.

Daylight savings time screwed me out of a day's dynamis. (The reason why I tried for other 2 proc windows.)
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-02-06 17:39:27  

I haven't tried spike spell procs, but I did try magic proc'ing as a BLM once and it was horrible. It usually went something like:
gravity, slow, sleep, stun, sleep 2, break, paralyze, dispel (not sure if it works if no effect...), repeat, etc.

I'd basically just cast whatever spells I could without dealing damage over and over until it proc'd which would usually take about 2 minutes of more or less nonstop casting. At that point you had to actually kill the mob which is perfectly fine for the first 1 or 2 of them, but then you have to rest and... obviously BLM is no good at dynamis farming.

Anyway, I think with spike spells the biggest problem would be actually getting the mob to hit you enough times that it procs, or perhaps surviving being hit a few dozen times to get ice spikes to proc (I wouldn't necessarily use ice spikes since the paralyze effect would likely just slow your progress).

I think rather than trying to get magic procs you'd be better off moving to a DC camp or one of the mobs that nobody messes with, unless you're saying it's so crowded that all 6 camps are full all the time, in which case try to find a better time, a less crowded zone, or...well I don't know beyond that. I suppose there's always "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!". Would only take a day or so to get 99 BST the way most of the farmers on Valefore have done.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-02-06 17:55:16  
Magic procs are pretty horrible. 100 dia casts on one mob and no proc but less than 5 steps or 1-2 WSs for a proc seems pretty broken to me.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-06 18:00:12  
So i read through and people are talkign about fighting certain mobs at certain times.

Why is that? Is there a chart that shows which time = which proc and which mob?
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-02-06 18:07:26  
Odin.Lowblow said: »
So i read through and people are talkign about fighting certain mobs at certain times.

Why is that? Is there a chart that shows which time = which proc and which mob?
Here ya go.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 18:07:45  
EDIT: What he said.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-02-06 18:09:03  
is there a map on TE's?
I wanna farm some AF's :<
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-06 18:10:32  
On each Dynamis' respective page, yes.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-02-06 18:10:42  
oh, spat's link has em too, cool
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-02-06 18:11:05  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
is there a map on TE's?
If you fish around a bit on the link I provided you'll find a map with TE locations in each of the pages for the particular dynamis zones. Biggest thing is in the dreamland zones at least one of them isn't always in the same spot because it has a chance to spawn in any of like 3ish areas on the map and the areas are quite wide.

Nvm. :x I feel I did good here today. /flies off
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-02-06 18:12:47  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
is there a map on TE's?

same link as above Just scroll up a bit and click on the desired zone. All of the maps have been marked up to include TE mobs (20 minute time extension pops randomly at any of the DC beastmen camps).
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-06 18:24:50  
sweet. Thats perfect thanks

Also are there similar rules for beauc/xarc?
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-02-06 19:31:27  
Just went to test spikes out, definitely doesn't work. Waste of a dyna, oh noes!
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-06 19:32:37  
Fenrir.Curty said: »
Just went to test spikes out, definitely doesn't work. Waste of a dyna, oh noes!

damn. thanks though
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
By mortontony1 2012-03-13 14:24:03  
Question, with BST/DNC and semi-decent gear (not stormtrooper, but AH gear, mostly left overs from other jobs like Zahak's mail and Ocelo. Headpiece, etc.) would it be worthwhile to go after DCs? Or should I stick to EPs? My kill speed is pretty reduced on DCs, but how does the drop rate compare between the two? On EPs I'm having to keep Falcorr off the mob till I proc so we don't kill it before proc. Total newb to dynamis btw, did my first run a week ago with a partner and did my second run solo today.

Edit: also wanted to ask about flies vs shrooms for 0:00-8:00. Was told flies suck *** with their sphere crap.
By Fupafighters 2012-03-13 15:02:02  
Ragnarok.Evandis said: »
Dynamis - Xarcabard

Over by the Animated Dagger spawn, behind the actual platform. Pull Thief's and Monk's.

THF/DNC

Made about 60 coins and even got my Assassin's Armlets this way.
lol.......
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2012-03-13 18:05:23  
For the GD 635879th time (since my effin' internet keeps cutting out as I hit "submit")...

I have a questions about dynamis.

Is the droprate for the base relic weapons (relic bow, relic horn, relic shield, etc.) determined by the amount of time extensions you get like it is with the currency/AF armor?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-03-13 18:19:14  
Hades.Triet said: »
For the GD 635879th time (since my effin' internet keeps cutting out as I hit "submit")...

I have a questions about dynamis.

Is the droprate for the base relic weapons (relic bow, relic horn, relic shield, etc.) determined by the amount of time extensions you get like it is with the currency/AF armor?

AF armor holds no ties to TE's that is only currency, so as to answer your question, the base weapon drop rate is not altered by TE's in the zone you're working on.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2012-03-13 18:25:52  
Thanks Cruxus!
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-03-14 11:43:28  
was i not informed of some super nerf to procs in dynamis?

just solo'd valkurm dnc/thf and in 2 hours i made maybe 80 currency. i was able to proc maybe 1 in every 4 or 5 mobs, spamming step->vio->step->vio etc etc etc people get the point....nothing would proc as i auto attack them from 100% to dead..really fkin annoying after awhile

i havent had this poor of a run ever, so im guessing its just straight ***luck for me, but idk if they lowered the chance of procs or something. anyone who just had my run would be banging their head against the wall as i am currently
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-03-14 11:45:55  
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »

just solo'd valkurm dnc/thf and in 2 hours i made maybe 80 currency. i was able to proc maybe 1 in every 4 or 5 mobs, spamming step->vio->step->vio etc etc etc people get the point....nothing would proc as i auto attack them from 100% to dead..really fkin annoying after awhile

i havent had this poor of a run ever, so im guessing its just straight ***luck for me, but idk if they lowered the chance of procs or something. anyone who just had my run would be banging their head against the wall as i am currently

Did you fight the right mobs at the right time? >_>
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-03-14 11:49:14  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »

Did you fight the right mobs at the right time? >_>
yes lol. flies/flytrap 0-8, sheep 8-16, manti/trees/goobs 16-0...until i said screw it during my last 8-16 and stayed at the flies, to which i procd ONE with a ws in about ~13 minutes