Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 842 843 844
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-06 05:58:08  
My buddy and I 'duo' Arch-Omega with:

Me
MNK/WAR
BRD/WHM
SCH/RDM x2

Him
MNK/WAR
WHM/BLM(for d2!)

Kills range from 5-7 minutes and there's very little difficulty. I have Verethragna85(new character, have my plates/cinder, just need to suck it up and do dragua), he has Vereth99, and BRD has Gjall/Daur99. You don't need anything like that though. Seems to have decent evasion even with flash/blind off, so pizza would be prudent(especially if you have no bard). I really doubt you'd have issues killing in time though, even with fully AH gear and no empyrean.

The only TP moves that do substantial damage are Pile Pitch and Colossal Blow, as both are throat stab effects. If you're really, really scared you could sub ninja to avoid a hit right after them. Overall though, as long as you kill pods before they blow up you'll have absolutely zero threat from him.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-09-06 08:51:39  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
My buddy and I 'duo' Arch-Omega with:

Me
MNK/WAR
BRD/WHM
SCH/RDM x2

Him
MNK/WAR
WHM/BLM(for d2!)

Kills range from 5-7 minutes and there's very little difficulty. I have Verethragna85(new character, have my plates/cinder, just need to suck it up and do dragua), he has Vereth99, and BRD has Gjall/Daur99. You don't need anything like that though. Seems to have decent evasion even with flash/blind off, so pizza would be prudent(especially if you have no bard). I really doubt you'd have issues killing in time though, even with fully AH gear and no empyrean.

The only TP moves that do substantial damage are Pile Pitch and Colossal Blow, as both are throat stab effects. If you're really, really scared you could sub ninja to avoid a hit right after them. Overall though, as long as you kill pods before they blow up you'll have absolutely zero threat from him.

Would it be possible to do something like NIN THF WHM?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-06 09:21:02  
refueling is only 10% haste, right?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-06 09:21:20  
Maybe, but you'd be fighting the clock. No Embrava or even Marches and you don't have a whole lot of non-physical damage available for the first phase, let alone the difference in output for the rest of the fight. I'd really recommend bringing some combination of MNK/DRK/SAM/BLU with the appropriate JA/weapon/weaponskill.

Also remember that TH doesn't do anything for Omega's drops.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-06 09:22:16  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
yes
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-06 09:24:15  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
yes

there's a couple errors on the bgwiki attackspeed page. I wanted to make sure i didnt miss an update that turned it up to 15

*edit* fixed
 Shiva.Shaidalyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shaidalyn
By Shiva.Shaidalyn 2012-09-06 11:10:22  
Value of Fast Cast vs Haste? I feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE asking this but I loathe mage jobs since Aby came out and only now use mine for 2boxing.

Basically my questions stem from Whm. Read the Whm board but so many people keep pushing VW/other things I can't/won't be doing. Looking for simple advice for a simple Whm :P

Chelona Boots vs Blessed for end of cast? I macro in Cure Clogs at start.

For FC I run with:
Incantor Stone (is it worth macroing in the new MND ammo for Cures?) Orison Locket, Swith Cape and Witful Belt. I also use +2 WHM legs and Cure Clogs as mentioned.
For Haste I have Blessed Mitts/Blessed Pumps.

Still need Auger's Gloves and I have neither Serpentes on her. My main snagged those a bit back and I've not been in Aby much since.

Lastly, for now: How big is Healing Skill now? I read in one thread that it was buffed but then someone later said it was not noticeable? Should I stick with Aqua/Star Ring or go Sirona's/Ephedra?
Not looking to spend millions on WHM unless it will be monstrously noticeable. About to buy every BLM spell so I can 2box blm+thf for seal farming and that will end my gil D:
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-06 11:18:43  
Is there any plugin or configuration that can display people that are enfeebled specifically?

For example is there a way to configure a specific text option that will show things like "Derpderp got paralyzed/silenced/whatever" or is there any sort of application similar to yarnball that can display alliance debuffs for the healers to see?

EDIT - Another question... Is there a threshold where hMP > resting with refresh gear in a slot or some kind of ratio so you can modify those slots appropriately?
 Lye
By Lye 2012-09-06 12:42:08  
One thing I used to use a long time ago was chat mon for landing enfeebles. If the log displayed "is paralyzed, slowed, blinded," I'd have a sultry female voice say "Target Paralyzed/Blind/Slowed." When the debuff wore off, I would have her say "Paralyze/Blind/Slow OFF."

It was fun... until I got back into using VoIP and didn't want to use a headset. Obviously the above will not "display" people that are enfeebled, but it would provide an audio cue that would probably remind you to prioritize it's removal.

I do not know the answer to the second question.
 Shiva.Shaidalyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shaidalyn
By Shiva.Shaidalyn 2012-09-06 13:43:14  
Is Dia spam still the best way to feed TP to learn Blu spells? D:
By Artemicion 2012-09-06 13:45:55  
Shiva.Shaidalyn said: »

That's what I've always used. Unless someone else knows of a lower damaging non-dot based spell they could use to feed TP.
 Bismarck.Pebbs
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Saeyent
By Bismarck.Pebbs 2012-09-06 14:19:24  
Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
EDIT - Another question... Is there a threshold where hMP > resting with refresh gear in a slot or some kind of ratio so you can modify those slots appropriately?
Threshold where hMP > refresh while resting per slot.

Yes, the threshold is time spent resting.

The way I worked it out, add up all MP recovered through hMP vs Refresh for a given time, and then subtract the two.

For 1 MP/tick refresh, the following amount of time is where hMP > refresh.

1hMP - never.
2hMP - never.
3hMP - never.
4hMP - 120 seconds, hMP from gear = 44, refresh = 40.
5hMP - 50 seconds, hMP from gear = 20, refresh = 16.
6hMP - 30 seconds, hMP from gear = 12, refresh = 10.
7hMP or higher, after 20 seconds hMP wins. refresh in first 20 seconds = 6/7 depending on when you rested based on when last refresh tick was.

For 2 MP/tick refresh read caveats.
1hMP - never.
2hMP - never.
3hMP - never.
4hMP - never.
5hMP - never.
6hMP - never.
7hMP - 200 seconds, hMP from gear = 133, refresh = 132 (note caveats below)
8hMP - 70 seconds, hMP from gear = 48, refresh = 46 (note caveats below)
9hMP - 40 seconds, hMP from gear = 27, refresh = 26 (note caveats below)

2MP/tick refresh caveats.
For 2MP/tick refresh, even though at the times above show the first time that hMP surpasses 2refresh, the next tick for refresh recovers the lost ground from the hMP, thereby extending the usefulness of refresh gear to the following:

7hMP - 399 seconds, hMP from gear = 266, refresh = 266, last time refresh is equal to hMP
7hMP - 400 seconds, hMP from gear = 273, refresh = 266, from here onwards, hMP always wins

8hMP - 109 seconds, hMP from gear = 72, refresh = 72, last time refresh is equal to hMP
8hMP - 110 seconds, hMP from gear = 80, refresh = 72, from here onwards, hMP always wins

9hMP - 69 seconds, hMP from gear = 45, refresh = 46, last time refresh is sort of equal to hMP
9hMP - 70 seconds, hMP from gear = 54, refresh = 46, from here onwards, hMP always wins

Note: I assumed that refresh gear was not being swapped in or out for "ticks" during the resting period.

I believe the way I worked it out is correct, however I am open to correction.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-09-06 15:08:40  
Very cool, thank you Pebbs* (lol sorry I just woke up).
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-06 15:14:07  
how fair below the level u can use a spell on blue can u learn it.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-06 15:14:50  
wait how dose this work i am going to play around on my blu but never heard of this trick before please explain.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-06 15:15:03  
29 skill below the cap for the level you can use it at.
By Artemicion 2012-09-06 15:27:14  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
wait how dose this work i am going to play around on my blu but never heard of this trick before please explain.

Spells give mobs TP, but you obviously don't want to kill them with high damaging spells or physical hits which would kill them prematurely, nor would you want to wait forever for them to gain TP by hitting you as it would be a slow process based on your evasion and mob difficulty, so spamming dia is a great way of doing minimal damage and giving mobs tons of TP to spam their moves on you. Hopefully one you need to learn.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-09-06 15:34:49  
Does it still work even if Dia does 0 damage?
By Alpheus 2012-09-06 15:44:59  
It's to my understanding that a spell must do at least 1 unit of direct damage to feed a mob 10TP. It's why if I'm on BLM for VW I spam the elemental DoTs like rasp and choke to find hints.

EDIT: I could be sorely mistaken tho =X
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-06 15:47:54  
Pretty sure that's correct. I favored D1 weapons or simply training and holding monsters over Dia spam most of the time as a result. Stone spam might also be an option.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-06 15:48:24  
29 skill below the cap for the level you can use it at.
I still do not understand can u explain it in more detail please.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-06 15:50:18  
Look at your blue magic skill, look up the skill cap for the level you can use the spell at, do some arithmetic.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-09-06 15:52:06  
I think Nightfyre and Kawar would be a good forum showdown.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-06 16:08:38  
Look at your blue magic skill, look up the skill cap for the level you can use the spell at, do some arithmetic.
Let me ask it like this then how many levels is 29 skill on a blu.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-09-06 16:13:29  
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Blue_Mage

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Combat_Skills#Skill_Caps
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-09-06 16:16:53  
So using the links given what your saying is a spell 10 levels higher then u is far game.Is that right.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-09-06 16:22:11  
In the lower levels, yes, but not at higher levels. For example, between levels 1 and 2, you only gain 3 skill. But between 98 and 99, you gain 7. So it will depend on your specific level.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-09-06 16:48:09  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
how will it end; who will walk away from their keyboard first?

goes a little something like this

First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 842 843 844