SCH>BLM After Update? . .

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » SCH>BLM after update? . .
SCH>BLM after update? . .
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-03-26 22:33:04  
Barleycup said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Here, since the OP is worthless I went and did some small samples. These tests aren't perfect because sample size was small and the raptors leveled up a tiny bit occasionally, so damage fluctuated by about 10-15.

These were done in Aby-Miser on EP/DC raptors with no buffs/atmas. I logged on to Iceday and figured, why not. Here are the sets I used (yes they have room for improvement, but mages have turned into just proccing jobs nowadays, so been lazy to upgrade):

SCH:

BLM:

Literae Hat has Int+2
Diamond Ring has Int+3
Used 99 Magian Thunder/Ice staff
Used T.Cape/Obis on day/weather

For SCH: Used AF3+2 head with Ebullience
For BLM: Used Relic legs on day

Oh yeah, for SCH weather I used Klimaform.

Overall, sets are fairly comparable. Here is the damage results:
Code
SCH	Blizz	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1523	1662	1862
V	2358	2551	2860

SCH	Blizz	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1925	2057	2208
V	2992	3195	3394

BLM	Blizz		
	None	Day	
IV	1782	2021	
V	2760	3112	
ja	3116	3510	

SCH	Thund	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1608	1973	2101
V	2467	3013	3222

SCH	Thund	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	2035	2506	2813
V	3135	3833	4093

BLM	Thund		
	None	Day	
IV	1953	2133	
V	3014	3256	
ja	3398	3630	

Long story short:
With the same exact nuke, SCH+Ebull>BLM>SCH+No Ebull assuming same day of the week and SCH has weather over the BLM. However, if you compare SCH two best nukes (IV/V) with BLM two best nukes (V/ja), BLM wins in Blizzard and ties in Thunder.

Combine this with the fact that in a nuke zerg, BLM has many more high tier nukes to cycle through while SCH is mostly limited to one element without gimping themself, and they have to worry about stratagems.

Also, I would like to see a SCH rip 20 mobs apart at once.

TL/DR: SCH can epeen a nuke better than BLM, but BLM still holds the title of #1 nuker in the game.

You do realize what Savant's Bonnet +2 is and what it does right?

Quote:

He did cover that. >_>
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 22:33:14  
I am the one making excuses? I posted data. What is your excuse?

(Btw, I did those with no atmas/cruor buffs if you read what I wrote.)
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 22:40:35  

My excuse is that i, unlike you can actually play and gear SCH. You clearly cannot.

And i can prove that even by QQing your post, because SCH and BLM nukng power according to you seems to be close, when infact they are not.

Again await my SS and parsers, only then we can start hitting each other over the head with things that really do have substance and meaning.
 Fenrir.Ghostknight
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zeraphion
By Fenrir.Ghostknight 2012-03-26 22:42:13  

My excuse is that i, unlike you can actually play and gear SCH. You clearly cannot.

And i can prove that even by QQing your post, because SCH and BLM nukng power according to you seems to be close, when infact they are not.

Again await my SS and parsers, only then we can start hitting each other over the head with things that really do have substance and meaning.

You is a stupid.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 22:43:15  

All hail the almighty Barleycup!

I am clearly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for posting numbers without the almighty power of Barleycup and his 80% FC nuking set.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-26 22:43:59  

..in a thread pertaining to whether the proc-job or the Embrava-*** deals better damage while ignoring their primary duties..
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 22:44:38  

All hail the almighty Barleycup!

I am clearly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for posting numbers without the almighty power of Barleycup and his 80% FC nuking set.
That's the SCH equivalent of a 3-hit Zanshin build, don't joke around like that please.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-26 22:45:42  
Less forum, more Nyzul^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-26 22:45:52  
PH da ***
[+]
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
サーバ: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-03-26 22:46:18  
Here, since the OP is worthless I went and did some small samples. These tests aren't perfect because sample size was small and the raptors leveled up a tiny bit occasionally, so damage fluctuated by about 10-15.

These were done in Aby-Miser on EP/DC raptors with no buffs/atmas. I logged on to Iceday and figured, why not. Here are the sets I used (yes they have room for improvement, but mages have turned into just proccing jobs nowadays, so been lazy to upgrade):

SCH:

BLM:

Literae Hat has Int+2
Diamond Ring has Int+3

Code
SCH	Blizz	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1523	1662	1862
V	2358	2551	2860

SCH	Blizz	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1925	2057	2208
V	2992	3195	3394

BLM	Blizz		
	None	Day	
IV	1782	2021	
V	2760	3112	
ja	3116	3510	

SCH	Thund	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1608	1973	2101
V	2467	3013	3222

SCH	Thund	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	2035	2506	2813
V	3135	3833	4093

BLM	Thund		
	None	Day	
IV	1953	2133	
V	3014	3256	
ja	3398	3630	

Long story short:
With the same exact nuke, SCH+Ebull>BLM>SCH+No Ebull assuming same day of the week and SCH has weather over the BLM. However, if you compare SCH two best nukes (IV/V) with BLM two best nukes (V/ja), BLM wins in Blizzard and ties in Thunder.

Combine this with the fact that in a nuke zerg, BLM has many more high tier nukes to cycle through while SCH is mostly limited to one element without gimping themself, and they have to worry about stratagems.

TL/DR: SCH can epeen a nuke better than BLM, but BLM still holds the title of #1 nuker in the game.

My Blizzard V would be getting 4.5k and thunder V 5.7k respectively.

I cannot quite see how you can make an experiment fail more if you tried, are you trolling?

How is that beating blm? I would be doing more like 5K blizzard and 6.5 with thunder V. I'm no mathematical genius but 5K > 4.5 and 6.5K > 5.7K. So sch is still falling behind.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 22:47:55  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Less forum, more Nyzul^
Are we going now? D:
 Phoenix.Bomber
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 22:48:28  

I cannot quite see how you can make an experiment fail more if you tried, are you trolling?
Oh I am sorry, here let me take a look at your numbers and gear sets that you have posted... oh wait...
Why you didn't include weather for BLM's ice? D: I think in a zerg SCH could out-do a BLM in the very first nuke only if any after is downhill for SCH lol
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-26 22:49:45  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Less forum, more Nyzul^
Are we going now? D:

Log on and help me convince Night and Nini~
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2012-03-26 22:50:34  
imma poke my head in here cause this thread keeps bouncing off the most recently posted in >.>

to OP. I'm really confused to you're trying to do with this thread at this point. the reason people keep shooting you down and talking down to you as because of your biased stance in all this and how you reply to others. also you've said at least 3 times throughout this thread that you give up and will stop posting, which you follow up by posting again 4 minutes later to call someone an idiot.

people don't want to listen to you because of how you're acting and how you are just making claim after claim without showing anything. maybe you are right in all that your saying, but people would like to actually see figures. if you find everyone here to be so incompetent then you have every right to stop posting.

Now please understand, I'm not trying to sound insulting to you. I'm just really trying to make the point that the way you're trying to make YOUR point, is not efficient here or most of anywhere, it's just rude.

As for my personal outlook on the issue: i've seen blm over and over as the best overall nuker. sch is best for mp efficiency and CAN out damage blm, but not over and over. blm is meant to be the best nuker in the game just like whm is meant to be the best healer. if there is a point that changes, SE will change it back. but of course, i don't have either job leveled, so you're free to disregard my opinion on that.

anyway, just my two cents
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 22:50:34  
Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »

SCH:

BLM:

Literae Hat has Int+2
Diamond Ring has Int+3

Code
SCH	Blizz	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1523	1662	1862
V	2358	2551	2860

SCH	Blizz	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1925	2057	2208
V	2992	3195	3394

BLM	Blizz		
	None	Day	
IV	1782	2021	
V	2760	3112	
ja	3116	3510	

SCH	Thund	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1608	1973	2101
V	2467	3013	3222

SCH	Thund	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	2035	2506	2813
V	3135	3833	4093

BLM	Thund		
	None	Day	
IV	1953	2133	
V	3014	3256	
ja	3398	3630	

Long story short:

How is that beating blm? I would be doing more like 5K blizzard and 6.5 with thunder V. I'm no mathematical genius but 5K > 4.5 and 6.5K > 5.7K. So sch is still falling behind.

Its already been established by many of your fellow haters that SCH is the superior single nuker. Your mathematics and operandi are flawed. Comparing SCh Tier V nukes and BLM tier V nukes is very much like comparing MNK and PUP Vsmite numbers.

Again wait for my proof, then we can start another thread wheere words, ideas are placed into my mouth and acxtual things ai said came out of your imagination
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 22:51:24  
Phoenix.Bomber said: »

Oh I am sorry, here let me take a look at your numbers and gear sets that you have posted... oh wait...
Why you didn't include weather for BLM's ice? D: I think in a zerg SCH could out-do a BLM in the very first nuke only if any after is downhill for SCH lol
Because there was no ice weather, I was sub RDM, and Iceday was almost over. But it gives a decent comparison, SCH will most likely have weather bonus over BLM day or not.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 22:56:13  
I still don't know what SCH got today that made it suddenly the best thing ever.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-26 22:56:31  
SCH's always been the best thing ever wtf
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 22:58:09  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Maybe since WoTG.
By Latifah 2012-03-26 22:58:23  
Fenrir.Ghostknight said: »
BLM and SCH both cap fast cast with ease.
BLM Ja > SCH T5 w/ ebu
BLM T5 > SCH T4 w/ ebu
BLM can cast other elements without needing to change the weather.
This ^ He thinks he can use thunder as an universal element to nuke everything with optimal dmg
Edit: Ah ***i started another page again... oh well
not with klimaform up ebullience/af3 head+2 there is no way blm can bypass all those % damage bonuses with the right gear
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
サーバ: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-03-26 22:58:45  

How is that beating blm? I would be doing more like 5K blizzard and 6.5 with thunder V. I'm no mathematical genius but 5K > 4.5 and 6.5K > 5.7K. So sch is still falling behind.[/quote]

Its already been established by many of your fellow haters that SCH is the superior single nuker. Your mathematics and operandi are flawed. Comparing SCh Tier V nukes and BLM tier V nukes is very much like comparing MNK and PUP Vsmite numbers.

Again wait for my proof, then we can start another thread wheere words, ideas are placed into my mouth and acxtual things ai said came out of your imagination[/quote]

But how can this be true when my numbers obviously state the opposite?
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 23:00:01  

Because there was no ice weather, I was sub RDM, and Iceday was almost over. But it gives a decent comparison, SCH will most likely have weather bonus over BLM day or not.
Yeah but the same way he keeps claiming his almighty thunder powers as SCH with weather a BLM can claim with hailstorm and we are talking nonsense of pure e-peen BLM can overkill using sorc ring of death!!! woosh!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-26 23:07:03  
Maybe since WoTG.

Nope. forever infinity

BOOKS GO IN NUKES COME OUT. YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT.
[+]
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 23:07:32  

Yeah but the same way he keeps claiming his almighty thunder powers as SCH with weather a BLM can claim with hailstorm and we are talking nonsense of pure e-peen BLM can overkill using sorc ring of death!!! woosh!
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 23:13:15  
what i get from this thread:

SCH can nuke harder becasue it has JA and equipment that increases Potency to such a large degree that it can outnuke its nearest rival by 15-20% mathematically

BLM can outnuke SCH because it is BLM and they do that. BLM has MaB and that has winz!
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 23:15:53  
what i get from this thread:

SCH can nuke harder becasue it has JA and equipment that increases Potency to such a large degree that it can outnuke its nearest rival by 15-20% mathematically

BLM can outnuke SCH because it is BLM and they do that. BLM has MaB and that has winz!
Funny, from what I get, the OP is extremely biased and refuses to listen to other people's opinions while mocking them and laughing at hard numbers while waving mythical 80% FC nuking sets in the air.
[+]
By Yamoto 2012-03-26 23:16:13  
I can't help but keep coming back to this topic. OP is so extremely closed minded! Now watch, this is just going to be some elaborate troll that we all fell for. Calling it now!!! Maybe in a bit I'll do some more digging and crunch some more numbers. For now, I'm enjoying the show XD
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 23:17:07  
Maybe since WoTG.

Nope. forever infinity

BOOKS GO IN NUKES COME OUT. YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT.
I'm sure the Cosmic T-Rex can
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-03-26 23:19:01  

HAHA ISN'T THIS FUNNY GUYS?

Err... Wait... Huh? Did the lol thread change its title? All of these other posts are hilarious, especially Barleycup's posts. So I don't see how I'm posting in the wrong thread...
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 23:20:24  
the ***? this thread is still going? i thought barley was done.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15