フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH Enhancing
SCH Enhancing
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-06 19:57:38  
Lakshmi.Nexosu said: »
Can anyone confirm that they have received 5 enhancing skill on Literae Sabots? I've gone through 200+ trophies trying for this. +4 skill is pretty common, so I just wanted to know I'm not wasting my time going for something that's not possible.
By charlo999 2012-05-06 20:04:29  

edit: beaten
[+]
 Lakshmi.Nexosu
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Nexosu
By Lakshmi.Nexosu 2012-05-06 22:17:40  
Thanks. I'll keep at it.
 Odin.Laausuu
user: Laausuu
By Odin.Laausuu 2012-05-06 23:32:07  
The Rubeus feet give +10 to skill, so better if you can get lucky to get them.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-05-20 13:45:44  
got lucky on chocobo key augment earring got 2 enhancing which means i only need 9 enhancing from pole to hit 500 without rubeus bhishani can suck it
 Bismarck.Mitchel
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2012-05-21 04:25:26  
Can you spam Battaru Royale having having passed the mission/finished ASA or would you need to request up to/have someone on that mission to keep repeating it?
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-05-21 04:37:04  
you just need to get the ki from gob in port jeuno can do it once a day i think
 Carbuncle.Verina
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-05-29 16:24:05  
Is it possible to get 500 Enhancing without merits on sch? I've tried and I don't know if I'm missing any gear but I come up about 9 short.

And is 500 really VITAL for a sch for Neo-Nyzul or will 450-480 be more than passable? Really asking is that tic of 1tp, ~3 haste, ~15 HP really worth the 16 merits that would be taken out of Blue Magic/Elemental/Enfeebling otherwise?

I'm asking because I think sch is my best chance to get into a Nyzul group because my other jobs are mostly melee, cor, or rdm. And sch is a job I've been interested in for a while, and figured it would be a good job to look at to get more use out of my inventory space used for rdm gear.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-05-29 17:11:20  
I'm no sch (lvl 99 but gearless and I don't play it), however I changed from capped enfeebling magic merits to enhancing for my whm. Those enfeebling merits were from back at 75 cap when rdm was my main, but they seem rather worthless now to be honest.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ganukay
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ganukay
By Ragnarok.Ganukay 2012-05-29 17:32:01  
Carbuncle.Verina said: »
Is it possible to get 500 Enhancing without merits on sch? I've tried and I don't know if I'm missing any gear but I come up about 9 short.

And is 500 really VITAL for a sch for Neo-Nyzul or will 450-480 be more than passable? Really asking is that tic of 1tp, ~3 haste, ~15 HP really worth the 16 merits that would be taken out of Blue Magic/Elemental/Enfeebling otherwise?

I'm asking because I think sch is my best chance to get into a Nyzul group because my other jobs are mostly melee, cor, or rdm. And sch is a job I've been interested in for a while, and figured it would be a good job to look at to get more use out of my inventory space used for rdm gear.

I wouldn't say that it's necessary for a neo-nyzul sch. it's helpful to have, that + adloq is 7 tp/tic, but 6 tp/tic is fine. Embrava + haste will cap magic haste at a certain amount of enhancing, i don't know exactly what that is (less than 500 though). The other schs in the group i'm in aren't capped yet, but close and we still get wins. As for capping without merits:

if my math's right, with 5/5 enlightenment merits (which only allows 1 cast) and 12 on kirin's pole and 2 enhancing on the earring, you can only get to 499 enhancing. you'd need 1 enhancing merit to cap it. unless it's possible to get 3 enhancing on the earring, i've never seen it so i'm not sure.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-29 18:43:55  
I want to say the value is like 426 or 432 for capped magical haste (with the 15% from the haste spell).

That being said, as long as you hit that value, you'll do pretty well.

Also sch can use Anhur robe which is 12 enhancing skill.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 18:47:04  
No, that set is assuming enlightenment and the bonus to enlightenment from AF2+2 body.
 Ragnarok.Ganukay
By Ragnarok.Ganukay 2012-05-29 18:47:54  
That's what I use (anhur), with capped merits. but relic +2 body gets more enhancing, +19 with the xp augment with enlightenment 5/5 if you only need 1 embrava cast in rasa. having enhancing merits + anhur is still better when you consider things like provenance watcher, where you're embrava'ing more than once
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-29 18:52:11  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
No, that set is assuming enlightenment and the bonus to enlightenment from AF2+2 body.
Ah, me not being a sch is showing ^^;

I didn't see any stats indicating that on the gear there and no mention was made of it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2012-05-29 19:06:14  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I want to say the value is like 426 or 432 for capped magical haste (with the 15% from the haste spell).

That being said, as long as you hit that value, you'll do pretty well.

Also sch can use Anhur robe which is 12 enhancing skill.

He's using relic +2 body for the enlightenment bonus which is going to add an additional 10 on top of the 9 for a total of 19.

Ragnarok.Ganukay said: »
I wouldn't say that it's necessary for a neo-nyzul sch. it's helpful to have, that + adloq is 7 tp/tic, but 6 tp/tic is fine. Embrava + haste will cap magic haste at a certain amount of enhancing, i don't know exactly what that is (less than 500 though). The other schs in the group i'm in aren't capped yet, but close and we still get wins. As for capping without merits:

if my math's right, with 5/5 enlightenment merits (which only allows 1 cast) and 12 on kirin's pole and 2 enhancing on the earring, you can only get to 499 enhancing. you'd need 1 enhancing merit to cap it. unless it's possible to get 3 enhancing on the earring, i've never seen it so i'm not sure.

With colossus's torque it would be possible on lightsday?
 Ragnarok.Ganukay
By Ragnarok.Ganukay 2012-05-29 19:08:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos said: »

With colossus's torque it would be possible on lightsday?
yea, forgot to mention that. and you also wouldn't need the aptus earring on lightsday
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-29 19:16:59  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Looked stuff up and I "Think" it's 410 with the haste spell based on this:

Magical haste cap 43.3% - 15% = 28.3 So this would be the haste value you'd be aiming for for embrava.

Embrava's Haste formula: Enhancing Magic÷15 + 1%

So 410/15 is 27.3~ + 1% is 28.3

I'm not really certain of those numbers since I'm not using a 1024 style haste math here. But either way, it'd be best to get it as high as you can since regen potency is pretty useful too.
 Carbuncle.Verina
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-05-29 22:16:06  
Good knowledge and good advice. Appreciate it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ecaroh
user: Ecaroh
By Ragnarok.Ecaroh 2012-06-06 11:12:17  
I have been asked to do SCH for a LS static for Neo-Nyzul.

Is this the best job order for embrava?

Penury and Addendum White then
Use Tabula Rosa

Then pop macro for
/ja "Perpetuance" <me>
/ja "Accession" <me>
and /ma Embrave <me>

Any suggested /wait times in macro.
On Xbox btw

Thanks
Eca
 Phoenix.Azaron
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Azaron2
By Phoenix.Azaron 2012-06-07 18:48:43  
Maybe is a noob question but the gear with macc+ count for enhancing cap?
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2012-06-07 20:19:43  
Phoenix.Azaron said: »
Maybe is a noob question but the gear with macc+ count for enhancing cap?

No.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-07 20:56:21  
Enhancing Spells are not influenced by anything external to skill. Not weather/macc/int/mnd/chr/whatever else. Purely the skill number.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-07 21:06:17  
Ragnarok.Ecaroh said: »

Use Tabula Rosa

Then pop macro for
/ja "Perpetuance" <me>
/ja "Accession" <me>
and /ma Embrave <me>

On Xbox btw

Thanks
Eca

Order isn't that important since TR will just restore all of your Strategems anyway. Just make sure you have Perpetuance/Accession on for the cast, and Penury as you mentioned works to save MP. I do all SCH stuff through menus rather than using macros (except Rapture/Ebullience in case I need them asap). If you can, keep an eye on your TR timer and recast Embrava again with the same strategems just before it wears so you get the maximum possible duration.
By erroneous42 2012-06-28 18:28:15  
Lakshmi.Nexosu said: »
charlo999 said: »
Also you can get 5 skill on literae sabots if you having real bad luck in vw and fay staff can get up to 8 if your having badluck with kirins. Also genbu seals/scraps are expensive as hell atm and genbu seems to be camped heavily atm because of it.
As for the 2 casts in nyzle can cast first without elightenment for 2 mins then use it for the second cast. But yeah you wanna shoot for 500 skill without relying on enlightenment for situations when your buffing whole alliances.

Can anyone confirm that they have received 5 enhancing skill on Literae Sabots? I've gone through 200+ trophies trying for this. +4 skill is pretty common, so I just wanted to know I'm not wasting my time going for something that's not possible.
i just got a +5 with +1mp resting on my first try, so it is possible. brb im going to buy a lotto ticket.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-29 00:25:46  
Ok I've been trying to cap enhancing magic for a few days now and I got a long way to go but I dont understand my enhancing is at 250 but everytime I use light arts it wont go past 389 and its been at that for alot of levels so when does it go up?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-29 00:43:41  
Once you hit 303 I think it is, it'll shoot up to 404 or something like that. Could be 304, but basically D Rating @ 99 is what you're going to shoot for on enhancing skillups natively before gear + any merits balance out the difference.
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2012-06-29 01:01:46  
Ragnarok.Ecaroh said: »

Use Tabula Rosa

Then pop macro for
/ja "Perpetuance" <me>
/ja "Accession" <me>
and /ma Embrave <me>

On Xbox btw

Thanks
Eca
I put the stratagems in a different macro.
I.e.
/ja Perpetuance <me> <wait 1>
/ja Accenssion <me> <wait 1>
/ja Penury <me> <wait 1>
/ja Celerity <me> <wait 1>

Then IN another Macro, Embrava with the rest of my enhancing set.
 Odin.Arkista
By Odin.Arkista 2012-06-29 01:07:53  
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Once you hit 303 I think it is, it'll shoot up to 404 or something like that. Could be 304, but basically D Rating @ 99 is what you're going to shoot for on enhancing skillups natively before gear + any merits balance out the difference.
Thanks cause sucks to keep seeing 389.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-29 01:33:31  
I can't actually hit 500 enhancing with my gear, but someone claimed to me that you don't get the extra regain tic until 501?

Is this true or not? I'm going to cry if so because then I need either an earring or genbu scraps.