A Linkshell For Those Who Loved FFxi In 2004-2007

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » A Linkshell for those who loved FFxi in 2004-2007
A Linkshell for those who loved FFxi in 2004-2007
First Page 2 3 4 5
By djives 2012-04-27 09:29:16  
Hi Ffxiah members,

Recently i started a new linkshell "TeamFFXIorigins"
My purpose for making this ls, was to relive the origins of FFXI.
So i am hoping to find people who would like to enjoy those moments again.

Wich events?
First of all i think people who would jion the linkshell would be people who like to enjoy a game. So dont count on a hardcore mandatory events and such.
It will be more like: Whenever you like to come help or jion a event thats fine. But we would appreciate if you came to help.

Our main focus will be:
- Leveling (old fashion exp camps)
- Missions
- Crafting
- Questing
- Battle events

And ofcourse having fun together!

Restrictions
If you like be a part of the group and like to enjoy the game the old way, then we think these restrictions are a must.
- We dont want to see book burning,leeching etc.
- No Abyssea
- Pling
- (also looking into if Cap 75 is a option.)

So if your up/in for a friendly culture, pride for skill and taking time to enjoy playing the game, please let me know so i can give you a lspearl.
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2012-04-27 09:34:53  
You're not on Siren. This offends me.
[+]
By djives 2012-04-27 12:48:51  
Asura is one big adventure! You could make a mule here :)
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-04-27 12:52:46  
Would you not be better off finding a new MMO and enjoying the new experiences on offer rather than trying to relive an aspect of the game that is long dead?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 12:59:41  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
Would you not be better off finding a new MMO and enjoying the new experiences on offer rather than trying to relive an aspect of the game that is long dead?

I actually greatly respect what you're trying to do -- the older style of play fostered a bit more camaraderie than the current -- but I tend to agree.

Finding a new MMO or other type of gaming experience with the same friends might be a better use of your time just in that reliving "the old days" never tends to work well in real life; probably wouldn't work as well in an MMO, either.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-27 13:00:36  
When they make another online game that comes close to what FFXI was/is then sure :P
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
サーバ: Asura
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-04-27 13:06:12  
lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-04-27 13:08:12  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

I actually greatly respect what you're trying to do -- the older style of play fostered a bit more camaraderie than the current -- but I tend to agree.

Finding a new MMO or other type of gaming experience with the same friends might be a better use of your time just in that reliving "the old days" never tends to work well in real life; probably wouldn't work as well in an MMO, either.

Absolutely, I mean it's a nice idea like you say, but it's almost impossible to make the in game compromises necessary to accurately reconstruct the old gaming conditions you seek and it's unlikely to last because in order to keep it going you are effectively asking people to refrain from any progression.

Siren.Kalilla said: »
When they make another online game that comes close to what FFXI was/is then sure :P

Subligar quest Kali!! You just play FFXI but in subligars, if you ever unequip you lose!
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-27 13:10:22  
Silly Sagi, you can't WIN or LOSE an MMORPG, you can only play until you quit or die.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-04-27 13:15:44  
no merits, no post 75 gear, no whitegate camps either (or gear from here) and no xp rings.
chocobo/teleport/airship everywhere, no whitegate/wotg jobs as well.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-27 13:16:25  
So wait, you're going to recruit members, and then tell them what they can and can't do on their own free time?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2012-04-27 13:18:17  
djives said: »
PLing

^^^Was going on in '04-'07.^^^

Good luck though! It seems like it would be fun, I suppose.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-27 13:19:24  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
So wait, you're going to recruit members, and then tell them what they can and can't do on their own free time?
Obviously it's for like-minded people.
[+]
 Bismarck.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Bismarck.Flavin 2012-04-27 13:19:35  
I would assume they would only join if they were into it?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-04-27 13:21:21  
no gear swapping allowed
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-27 13:22:10  
These "like-minded" this just need to quit, because there's nothing left for them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celille
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2012-04-27 13:24:05  
Summoner rotations, did someone say summoner rotations?!
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-27 13:25:22  
Bismarck.Misao said: »
no merits, no post 75 gear, no whitegate camps either (or gear from here) and no xp rings.
chocobo/teleport/airship everywhere, no whitegate/wotg jobs as well.
lv 50 only!, no RoZ jobs either :P

This is kinda a problem you might run into... It would be fun to do the old stuff don't get me wrong. Unless people start making characters specifically for you LS however it hardly seems fair for you to basically limit exping to LS only, since you have cancled out what 95-99% of people do for exp.

Just some thoughts sorry :/
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2012-04-27 13:28:37  
wait, can we get the old gil prices back? :o
[+]
By djives 2012-04-27 14:26:09  
These "like-minded" this just need to quit, because there's nothing left for them.

I been exping in the Dunes and in Qufim. There were still some people who just jioned the exp party for the fun and told me they enjoyed, then rather raging and burning in the mines for exp.

And for me such exp party moments feel like coming close to reliving that moment from 2004-2007 again.
I know it be never like it again, but it comes close enough to relive and enjoy it again.

"So wait, you're going to recruit members, and then tell them what they can and can't do on their own free time?"

If your into Abbysea then i dont think you should jion. This ls is spefic for those whole liked the old playing style.
Besides that personal i dont like to be associated with Abyssea players.
It just a way other group of gamers then before if you ask me.
and its my way to keep my diginity for the old ffxi veteran playing style. what was a lot more difficult ;)

For those who see problems with this working out. You might be right but i rather see some solutions then enumerate the problems there might occur. Thank you.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-27 14:28:53  
Just sounds like an organized excuse to be gimp to me.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-04-27 14:34:28  
djives said: »

I been exping in the Dunes and in Qufim. There were still some people who just jioned the exp party for the fun and told me they enjoyed, then rather raging and burning in the mines for exp.

And for me such exp party moments feel like coming close to reliving that moment from 2004-2007 again.
I know it be never like it again, but it comes close enough to relive and enjoy it again.

"So wait, you're going to recruit members, and then tell them what they can and can't do on their own free time?"

If your into Abbysea then i dont think you should jion. This ls is spefic for those whole liked the old playing style.
Besides that personal i dont like to be associated with Abyssea players.It just a way other group of gamers then before if you ask me.
and its my way to keep my diginity for the old ffxi veteran playing style. what was a lot more difficult ;)

For those who see problems with this working out. You might be right but i rather see some solutions then enumerate the problems there might occur. Thank you.
Not looking down your nose at players that have used what is available to them at the time is a start.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 14:36:49  

It is...kinda...but I can see the frame of mind that would make this seem desirable.

I just think it's ultimately flawed. There are a ton of other games out there to adveture through and enjoy with friends. Don't limit yourself to rehashing FFXI's old content. Go find something entirely new into which you can adventure and immerse yourself.
[+]
By Azurea 2012-04-27 14:36:50  
PS2 PLAYERS ONRY!!

Seriously though, no offense but wasn't this idea tried on another server and in turn failed horribly? They had "fun" for about a month, then everyone went their own separate ways into the land of sea horses, cupcakes, abyssea, and 99's.

Something something rose tinted glasses ... something ...
By djives 2012-04-27 14:37:29  

God.. You must have a miserable life.
Please dont respond if you have nothing better to say.

Would be alot nicer to hear from the good moments, you had from back then.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 14:37:59  
Azurea said: »
Something something rose tinted glasses ... something ...

This pretty much sums it up nicely.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-04-27 14:39:00  
Good luck. I anticipate your ls will be mostly those that are returning to the game and might find Abyssea and newer content a bit intimidating. But the game has something for everyone. However, as soon as they become comfortable playing again they'll want to ungimp themselves and you'll have 1 less member.
[+]
 Asura.Dominate
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Dominate 2012-04-27 14:41:09  
... You people, lol. Leave them be to relive the old days if they wish. "Find a new MMO", why do that when the content is still there for them to poke around with? It won't last long, as people will most likely yearn for more, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying it while it lasts for them. -_-
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-27 14:41:40  
I've kept my dignity. Abyssea has nothing to do with dignity.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5