A Linkshell For Those Who Loved FFxi In 2004-2007

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » A Linkshell for those who loved FFxi in 2004-2007
A Linkshell for those who loved FFxi in 2004-2007
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-04-27 23:51:51  
never mind. lesson learned never try to get a point across to a bunch of pot smoker 8th graders. Point being IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T DO IT
If you wanna be Khim or faf's pop *** by all mens go for it. If you don't then who cares! Same with killing 900 colibri or w/e.
[+]
 Phoenix.Seshat
サーバ: Phoenix
user: maeko91
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-04-28 00:02:57  
Abyssea has nothing to do with whether or not people know how to play their job. The same people who can't figure out how to play their jobs now couldn't play them at 75 cap either. I'm not an advocate for Abyssea, but I'm pointing out that I've played both prior to (HNMs, CoP prior to the cap adjustments, etc), during the Abyssea era, and now. No matter what, people will either take the time to learn how to play and manage to have fun simultaneously, or they'll use the its my $12.95 excuse and play however they choose. Nothing is right or wrong.

Your idea is a great idea, but I believe the way you're trying to implement it won't bring in as big of a crowd as you'd hope for. Restricting people from doing other things will push them away, not bring them in. If there's no mandatory event times, how will people get anything done? If they want to exp oldschool style whether it be moongate or colibri in ToAU - if there's no one online or any kind of schedule to follow they won't be able to progress. Not to mention they already won't be making progress past 75 as it is.

More lenient rules with a schedule of some sort (you can make it optional and be lenient about it but it gives people a time frame to work with and a general idea of what to expect) would garner more attention from those longing to relive the past. Which, imo, you can do at any point anyway with a few good friends. Good luck to you, but I would seriously reconsider some of your ideas or at least be open to those presented to you by others in this thread instead of bashing and being ignorant to those actually intending to help you in some form.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-04-28 00:06:51  
Ragnarok.Eluveitie said: »
If you wanna be ... faf's pop ***

I wouldn't recommend it at 75 and I certainly definitely would not recommend camping and waiting for Fafnir to pop now :x
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-28 00:16:49  
You have some great ideas Op. And some that are not realistic. But I wish you luck. But I know people. And they will want the bling, bling.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2012-04-28 03:13:47  
Hey you didn't mention SMN burn and Level Sync, so people can still get easy way to 75 without doing book leeching or Abyssea :D

See what I did there?!
By Kaerin 2012-04-28 04:47:06  
I think it would be a fun LS if you just did some of the old events and used lvl sync to do them at lvl 75, never doing any of the new stuff just isn't possible IMO.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-28 05:03:06  
I enjoyed 6 man parties a bit more than 18 man parties myself. So I think I would back this idea for that. Though I don't really agree with some of your view points like when you say:

djives said: »
If your into Abbysea then i dont think you should jion. This ls is spefic for those whole liked the old playing style.
What if you enjoy both? Also:

djives said: »
Besides that personal i dont like to be associated with Abyssea players.
It just a way other group of gamers then before if you ask me.
and its my way to keep my diginity for the old ffxi veteran playing style. what was a lot more difficult ;)

This seems a bit snobbish and makes it seem like you're looking down on people who enjoy abyssea. That makes you just as wrong as the people who looked down on your idea in this thread.
[+]
By djives 2012-04-28 05:10:53  
(Please lock this topic mod.)

Was worth a shot to try finding some members here.
But this is going nowhere, too much trolls who arnt even funny.

I thank some people for there input and feedback.
I am sure there still enough opportunities left for a succesfull ls.

Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-04-28 05:42:56  
i don't know what you're complaining about. i haven't seen this much drama and mad since ffxi 2006! it's perfect!
[+]
 Asura.Nanabi
サーバ: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-28 11:41:15  
there are tons of people who're just pointing out the obvious and yet you called them trolls.

I might be in no place to say anything in this thread cause I joined the game around 09 ish, some time after FoV was out. I joined the game cause this is the only FF I haven't played at that time and I finally got a 360 (yes, I started on 360 :/). I was on the end of 75 era at that time and let me tell you, the game was intimidating then even for that time.

I spent about 3 months of my every day game time to get from lvl 1 to 20 and black mage burn my 3 jobs at the time (WHM, BLM and RDM) to 3x so I can do Kazham, along with some quests and mission here and there, I do understand the joy of accomplishments after you have a certain thing done (hearing ding music makes my cry, tears of joy), and honestly, it wouldn't have been so hard if I didn't spend most of my time waiting for a party to pick me up. Hell, I start most of my BLM burn and it was STILL difficult to find a fooking member. The travelling was fun, but it got repetitive REALLY quick, some of the runs started to feel like a chore, list goes on....

I am probably the noob players in your veterans' eyes, but then aby and VW came out, let me just say, even without the xp aspects, I <3 being able to warp to places that would originally take me fooking half an hour to get to, I <3 having tabs so I can get to my home nation so much quicker. Why? So I can actually spend more of my in game time to enjoy the story content of the game. Without PUG, people already are too far ahead into this game to do anything I haven't done yet, and honestly, I joined this game cause I like FF's storyline, not the endless 30 min. walk between PJ and Windurst.

I enjoy this game so much more now because of the convenience the new updates gave me, finally able to finish all 4 major expansions, running around on my SMN in my AF3+2 gear and the magian staff that I can have my garuda out full time without worry about MP.

The story above is just to state, there are people who play the game with different goals in mind, and why stick with old content when you can better the gameplay with the new stuff?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-04-28 17:30:22  
wow in '09 it took you 3 months to get 3 jobs to 30ish?

.../facepalm.

Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul said: »
Hey you didn't mention SMN burn and Level Sync, so people can still get easy way to 75 without doing book leeching or Abyssea :D

See what I did there?!

I'm pretty sure Summoner burn is dead since the change/addition of mobs in the tunnel and other areas, not 100% sure though.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2012-04-28 17:51:02  
Jetackuu said: »
I'm pretty sure Summoner burn is dead since the change/addition of mobs in the tunnel and other areas, not 100% sure though.

Also the limit on XP granting mobs from a single AoE ability/spell/etc.
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-04-29 01:30:41  

.../facepalm.
by knowing nothing, and didn't have friends to start this game with me and was trying to wait for party member AND people telling me to do this and that first.... yeah about that long. :/
By Artemicion 2012-04-29 02:10:30  
You know, it's a commendable aspiration, as I also had a bit of a "nostalgia session" when I picked up the game again. I kept myself at level 75 for a long time and geared around it to keep things challenging and reminiscent of older times. But ultimately, even the fun 75 stuff required a respectable amount of people to go through, which would limit you greatly to a super elite lowman group to accomplish anything within older content other than Assault.
Sky, Sea, ZNM, Nyzul (old), Einherjar, Dynamis (ruined), KSNM, Salvage, Campaign, etc. A vast majority have either been altered outside of the 75 cap as a sort of revision by SE, or simply require more people than those that would be willing to partake in your nostalgic campaign.
I'd join you if it was a little more realistic. But your best bet is to simply acknowledge and accept that the game has changed, and moved onto other things. They may not be as fun, inspiring or interesting as the days of old, but there's no reason you can't revisit them even if only for fun. Who cares if they're relevant anymore? After all, the premise is the same even, if you're above the level it was intended for. Just do it. Find friends, and *** around in all the things I mentioned above. You don't need a reason nor silly conditions to just have fun.

So I tip my hat to you for having a mindset similar to mine in terms of enjoying the game, but setting restrictions or conditions on participating in these things would ultimately be counter-productive.

Perhaps we can someday convince SE to have us manually adjust our levels at will just so we can have our cake and eat it to. Experience the dunes at level 10 all over again lol.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-04-29 20:45:49  
Neo-Luddites.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2012-04-29 20:52:30  
Good read, 8/10.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2012-04-29 21:15:55  
I think it would be a decent idea to have a linkshell for leveling the old way. I only key whored 1 job just to get it out of the way, any other jobs, I'd like to level the traditional way, at least most of the way to 75. I really enjoy 6 person parties doing GoV.
 Bahamut.Nephran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Malinari
By Bahamut.Nephran 2012-04-29 21:33:40  
ANYONE that has an issue with this post and it's reason for being, are plain and simple gear collecting sudo-elite. A game is about fun and entertainment..... This idea is about this concept. It is NOT about WHO has WHAT gear. It's about enjoying the content that WAS once fun to these ppl. WHY would u stop into to this post just to whine about how 'silly' an idea is or 'move on'. IF you have an issue with what the original post why the hell are you reading it.... Don't u have a VW run u might be missing? I'm sure there's plenty of ELITE gear and logs u might be missing. This post is here for one reason... to find ppl interested in doing things old school.... Its their option, so what kind of waster spends time looking in AH forums for threads the have no interest in doing?? so waste time by coming and posting absolute nonsense about how the idea is pointless or stupid. It really show's how much more interesting the new content is in ffxi.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-04-29 21:35:42  
I give the post above me a 2/10.
By Latifah 2012-04-29 21:39:57  
I'm sure almost/nobody wants to go back to the horrible ancient gameplay @ 2004-2007,

I miss... Exp pts on cape terrigan and bibiky bay, when everyone used to ballista all days even on cap 30. But doesn't worth it vs the current ffxi
 Odin.Jaisawn
サーバ: Odin
user: showdwar
By Odin.Jaisawn 2012-04-29 22:20:05  
Wonder if SE did straight formats on upgrading the versions. Would be cool if they had a single server with the older version content on it. Then you could apease those who do/don't want the respective content.

Might actually be suprising to see the results.
By Jetackuu 2012-04-30 01:46:36  
Asura.Nanabi said: »

.../facepalm.
by knowing nothing, and didn't have friends to start this game with me and was trying to wait for party member AND people telling me to do this and that first.... yeah about that long. :/

I could solo that in a week playing as little as I do, is my point.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2012-04-30 01:51:56  
Josiahkf said: »
you couldn't solo to 30 in a week back before all the exp buffs with casual gaming. no lol

2009. depends on job, even if not blm could easy get to 30 in 2009, qufim burn.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-30 01:52:45  
There was no point to that before the XP buffs, because there were parties in Valkurm/Qufim/Kazham.
By volkom 2012-04-30 01:53:32  
i'm assuming there will be weekly eco warrior events too?
By Jetackuu 2012-04-30 01:54:43  
the point was he was saying it took him 3 months to get 3 jobs to 30, in that time one could solo to 30, not to mention parties.
By Jetackuu 2012-04-30 01:56:12  
volkom said: »
i'm assuming there will be weekly eco warrior events too?

wow I remember doing this once, lol wow. /nostalgia
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-30 02:08:59  
Eco warrior is so cool.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-30 02:11:59  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
And killing 270 colibri was fun and not work?
Was on DNC.
[+]