Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-08 09:39:57  
One of these days I'll learn Head Butt. It will be a monumentous occasion.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-08 10:03:20  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

I finally learned the last few normal spells I'd never bothered to, none of them are particularly useful except maybe for setting killer traits /BLU, but it felt good. Now I'm only missing a couple of UL spells that are just being seriously dickish.
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-08 21:26:05  
Got Raubahn down on the 6th try :) Really was a matter of a little luck...used the same strat and won before taking much damage at all based on his spell selection.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-08 21:31:59  
He can be a real butthead, grats.
 Valefor.Seranos
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-13 07:20:14  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Total side note, but I remember partying in one of the jungles around level 30 right after BLU came out. A Goblin was getting ready to use Bomb Toss for the first time and I stunned it with HB. Everyone was like, "OMG what happened?!" That was probably the most useful spell for the longest time.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-13 07:36:26  
I spent like an hour trying to learn Head Butt from Mandragora. That was fun.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-13 08:12:21  
BLU 99. Got RDM to 49.
Full set of sparks gear.
Learned a buncha spells. Although Heavy Strike doesn't exist. Neither does Quadratic Continuum.
Rank 6/Dynamis Access/Promy Areas Access.

My skill levels are still in the lower 300s (sword at 310/blue magic at 325~) and skill ups in abyssea seem really slow. Any recommendation on getting those skilled up quickly without buying the books?
By Wordspoken 2015-04-13 08:52:29  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
BLU 99. Got RDM to 49.
Full set of sparks gear.
Learned a buncha spells. Although Heavy Strike doesn't exist. Neither does Quadratic Continuum.

My skill levels are still in the lower 300s (sword at 310/blue magic at 325~) and skill ups in abyssea seem really slow. Any recommendation on getting those skilled up quickly without buying the books?
Round up bunch of mobs and spam sandspin is one of the oldest in the book.
 Bahamut.Souf
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Souf
By Bahamut.Souf 2015-04-13 10:53:55  
Wordspoken said: »
BLU 99. Got RDM to 49.
Full set of sparks gear.

I found that ceizak battlegrounds is awesome for skilling, I went with temachitani (shirt and gloves), pitaru and specially ionis. It went up like crazy just spamming low level spells (wild oats ftw!). While you are there and once you get enough skill, you can also learn some spells like nature's meditation, paralyzing triad or sudden lunge.

Oh, my last accomplishment has been to finally learn Tourbillion, after "only" 20 frustrating nyzul runs. That thing is pretty stingy on tp moves :P
Just missing 3 nakuaal spells for the full list ^^
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-04-13 11:01:54  
Yay.

[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-13 11:36:15  
Bahamut.Souf said: »
Wordspoken said: »
BLU 99. Got RDM to 49.
Full set of sparks gear.

I found that ceizak battlegrounds is awesome for skilling, I went with temachitani (shirt and gloves), pitaru and specially ionis. It went up like crazy just spamming low level spells (wild oats ftw!). While you are there and once you get enough skill, you can also learn some spells like nature's meditation, paralyzing triad or sudden lunge.

Oh, my last accomplishment has been to finally learn Tourbillion, after "only" 20 frustrating nyzul runs. That thing is pretty stingy on tp moves :P
Just missing 3 nakuaal spells for the full list ^^

Thanks for the suggestion! Any specific monsters/areas you focused on in Ceizak? I haven't done a damn thing in Adoulin yet so idk the area at all >.>

And grats on Tourbillion!

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Yay.

Tizona

Congratulations! I am super jelly!
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-04-13 12:33:23  
Thanks for the suggestion! Any specific monsters/areas you focused on in Ceizak? I haven't done a damn thing in Adoulin yet so idk the area at all >.>

You'll probably want to run around and collect the various Bivuoacs, KIs needed for Reives, homepoints next to WKR locations, do Coalition assignments/etc...

However, one option for skillup could be the Uragnites in Ceizak. I abused them for ranged WS trials gaining TP with level 30 daggers, so some low level swords and decent support could probably let you just whack away for a while. Or get the KIs and smack roots in reives.
By TheRealGoat 2015-04-13 12:35:45  
Yay.

Welcome to the club! =)
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2015-04-13 16:02:20  
Yay.

Congrats, I just passed the 1/3 mark on alex this weekend :)
 Fenrir.Baelfire
サーバ: Fenrir
user: baelfire
By Fenrir.Baelfire 2015-04-14 01:46:56  

So.. Any pointers for this little toy? :o)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-14 02:01:56  
Hang on and have fun. It's a great weapon to have.
 Fenrir.Baelfire
サーバ: Fenrir
user: baelfire
By Fenrir.Baelfire 2015-04-14 02:18:50  
It does give me a manic grin using it.. Been a blu for along time so this is a huge tick in the Goal-column for me.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-14 08:08:11  
People posting Tizonas and s*** and I'm all like..

"Got my first abyssea boss clear?" xD

Solo'd Briareus, now I can set two Atmas.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-16 09:20:28  
So I am 99, got all my sparks gear (espial + wayfarer sets), eminent scimitar, and some other random pieces of gear from the AH.

What is the next logical step? I haven't gotten started on anything SoA-related other than getting the areas unlocked and doing the first quest to get the logging key items for colo reives. I've searhced around a little but haven't found any outline on progression of SoA content/gear.
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-16 09:37:33  
So I am 99, got all my sparks gear (espial + wayfarer sets), eminent scimitar, and some other random pieces of gear from the AH.

What is the next logical step? I haven't gotten started on anything SoA-related other than getting the areas unlocked and doing the first quest to get the logging key items for colo reives. I've searhced around a little but haven't found any outline on progression of SoA content/gear.

For equipment, there is some really good WKR gear that will help until you can get Skirmish gear. For Skirmish gear, I'd skip Yorcia regular and aim for Yorcia Alluvian if you can (even Alluvian gear with base stats will be a huge upgrade and the leaf stone are cheap, while good Verdigris stone are expensive and ice had much worse luck).

Try to find a linkshell that does Delve runs. They still have some really useful gear that will help.

I would really focus on spells. You'll want thibgs like Molting Plumage (SW), Sweeping Gouge (Def Down effect), Retinal Glare (conal light magic), etc.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-04-16 10:11:17  
If you didn't do Scaredy Cats, then you may want to do that before setting out to do too many Reives as it allows you to get Reive Momentum bonuses.
Pretty much go to BG Wiki's Adoulin quest page and skim the Rewards column. Stuff in quotes is either the ability to damage things in Colonization Reives, or a way to traverse parts of the map. Resliences are nice, but not usually as critical.

You'll run into the quests and/or need for the KIs as you explore the areas, but looking them up beforehand might help you have the quest items on hand. Obviously, there are spells to hunt as well.

Set RoE objectives for Reives, as they all have a small JP% boost as a first time completion reward now.

You also want to start doing Coalition Assignments because you need to spend a decent number of Imprimaturs for initial Adoulin mission progress, which also ties into your ability to enter Wildskeeper Reives. You'll need to have some Bayld to buy those KIs, but you may also find some of the gear you can buy with it useful. Augmenting also takes a little Bayld per attempt.

As you get that stuff more fleshed out, move to the higher level areas for Reives, as they can potentially reward you with JSE capes. While getting a BLU cape might be relatively unlikely, you can trade three capes into an NPC in the library in exchange for a specific one. Then use Refractive Crystals to augment.

You can likely solo some of the T1 Delve NMs outside for possible drops or access to buy accessories with Plasm (you can redeem Copper Vouchers for that if you don't do Delve, which isn't especially practical, but just for earrings or something it's viable).

WKRs can wind up being quite productive. Again, remember to set RoE objectives, doubly so for those because you get a KI to spend from them, either to put towards buying items that refuse to drop, or augmenting things that did. They also all have spells to learn.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-16 10:17:22  
Thanks for the responses guys :) That is definitely helpful.
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-16 11:03:55  

To add to Isiola, you can rack up Sparks really fast with AoE burning in Abyssea with little risk involved. This will help you buy Rems Rale Chapters for Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor. For now, I'd not try do soloing Delve BMs, but see if you an get a group to kill the field NMs to open up the options to buy with Plasm.

If you keep on top of RoE quest line, you can get a lot of vouchers. I'd avoid spending the vouchers on Sparks and save for Plasm, as Sparks are pretty easy to come by.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-16 11:20:26  
Valefor.Seranos said: »

To add to Isiola, you can rack up Sparks really fast with AoE burning in Abyssea with little risk involved. This will help you buy Rems Rale Chapters for Reforged AF/Relic/Empy armor. For now, I'd not try do soloing Delve BMs, but see if you an get a group to kill the field NMs to open up the options to buy with Plasm.

If you keep on top of RoE quest line, you can get a lot of vouchers. I'd avoid spending the vouchers on Sparks and save for Plasm, as Sparks are pretty easy to come by.

I was wondering about this actually. Do you just do a combination of the 500+/1000+ damage and defeat x number of enemies in area active? My sparks are running really low because I was constantly using them to buy gear/sell acheron shields for gil.

Edit: Also, just have MAB+ atmas and use CW/WoR like the old days? Or is there a better way to do this now?
 Valefor.Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-04-16 11:58:06  
Valefor.Seranos said: »

I was wondering about this actually. Do you just do a combination of the 500+/1000+ damage and defeat x number of enemies in area active? My sparks are running really low because I was constantly using them to buy gear/sell acheron shields for gil.

Edit: Also, just have MAB+ atmas and use CW/WoR like the old days? Or is there a better way to do this now?

Subduction is going to be your new AoE best friend (from Monoliths). Really short recast and decent damage. Just keep your MP up, may want to use Cocoon and Barrier Tusk with Stoneskin until you get the hang of it. Just stack on Mag Atk gear and decent defense (Wayfarer set will be nice starting point). I'd recommend Aby Miseraux on Raptors because they aggro and link, making it easier to keep a train going.

Getting 8x500 dmg every 3 seconds will rack up sparks really fast.
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-04-16 12:38:13  

One difference, if you haven't picked up on it already, is to be using clubs/wands for +Magic Damage instead of a staff. Doubly nice in that BLU has decent skill in Club, so you can just keep them equipped for physical spells or building lights.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-17 12:30:08  
Went into Dynamis Bastok solo and got the win. Decided to kill a few things here and there and ended up fighting the DRK NM behind the AH and it dropped a 100 bill and a mirage shalwar xD Dumb luck. Bounced right after that.

To-do list:
Sword and Blue Magic Skill ups

Blue spell hunting for spells level 80+

Dynamis Wind/Sandy/Jeuno wins and then onto Glacier and Xarc.

Really need to start RoZ/CoP missions and get dreamlands access =/

Basic Reives/Bayld + SoA Quests/Missions

Abyssea KI Hunting

Way too much to do!
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23