フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dyna question
Dyna question
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Jewpan
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Jewpan
By Cerberus.Jewpan 2012-06-14 15:09:29  
My friend and I like doing dynamis(we would probably make more money going solo, but we prefer to duo anyways)and I see many people claiming to average 200-250 solo, and some saying 350 average for a duo. We can generally only manage 200-240. We go to valk or bubu and we know how to proc and get TEs and all that. We are not the best geared by any means, but we dont run around in pearle or aurore either. I have blu, bst and drk. He has Thf, Dnc, Drg. We used to go as Thf and Blu, but switched to Thf and Bst lately. In Valk we go hippos, treants, funguars and in bubu we go ravens, rabbits, scorpions. What are we doing wrong if anything? Also, should we be on the same mobs in order to get full effect of thf th or should we be completely split. Basically, what sort of killing/proccing strategy should we use as a duo?
Thank you for any help in advance!
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-14 15:22:03  
350 average for a duo sounds extremely high unless there is some white proc being factored in there. I could see 350 average for a dualboxer using two players, but not a real duo.

What you manage to pull for what you described sounds about right. A THF and DD combo would probably work best. Make sure the THF tags each mob for TH, so yes stay together. The thf should focus on proc/pulls as needed. Getting the flow down is teamwork and experience but you should always have a new mob ready after the last one dies. Also, if it is just a duo on DC mobs you can weaponskill once to soften the mob up. You will usually have it proc in time to finish it with another weaponskill.
 Siren.Fupafighters
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-14 15:30:35  
I have gotten 450-500 as a duo. Thf Dnc combo. When you duo, Skillchaining is your friend. That is all.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-14 15:32:25  
blu dnc or thf dnc combo.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-06-14 15:33:09  
Shiva.Paulu said: »
350 average for a duo sounds extremely high unless there is some white proc being factored in there. I could see 350 average for a dualboxer using two players, but not a real duo.

Thf and Dnc duo, me and my buddy have broken 500 coins. When we added a whm mule that just hastes and cures, we've broken 600 coins. Our current goal right now is 600 coins and 60 forgotten items. So it's completely possible to average higher than 350. As of right now, a realistic average would probably be 575 and 43ish forgotten items.
 Cerberus.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-06-14 15:36:30  
When my friend and I duo(me thf, his dnc) we get a min. of 350 w/ competition(about 10 ppl in zone) This is excluding white since it doesn't exist for me. Also that number could increase significantly if he played more offensively then defensively
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-14 15:37:48  
Cerberus.Ustav said: »
When my friend and I duo(me thf, his dnc) we get a min. of 350 w/ competition(about 10 ppl in zone) This is excluding white since it doesn't exist for me. Also that number could increase significantly if he played more offensively then defensively
If you have competition, I'm assuming you're doing easy prey, which are not worth it other than solo.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-06-14 15:38:22  
When I dbox I can pull 300+ as long as camps are not full. I dbox bst/dnc and thf/dnc. Proc on thf and finish on bst. Rotate between killing a mob with fantod, then next evisceration > ruinator = darkness will drop any ep mob.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-14 15:41:29  
My duo is THF+DNC and our average is around 480,40. We've gone above 500 a handful of times now with 535,48 being our record. We even did a couple of exp trials recently for our DNC and still got 488 with him on BRD and 450 with him on BLU.

This is all on DC in Valkurm.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-14 15:44:13  
Someone should teach me the trick to averaging 500 though. I know you're probably not lying, but I have been "trioing" thf drg and my mule whm of about 430-450 the past week. Drg proc just as fast, if not faster than dnc, and my thf is well geared, just no mandau. We do full decent challenge cycle in qufim. His drg has a great tp/ws set (2800-4.5k stardivers). I just don't know wtf we are doing wrong lol.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-14 15:58:02  
I meant 350 each is extremely high. 175 each duo is on the low side for sure. Sorry I misunderstand that.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-14 16:05:24  
After I finished my Mandau, my duo started pulling in 600-620 coins a run. When I was using Lv90 Twash, the highest we got was 550 something.

Try to avoid competition as best you can. Do DC mobs if you can handle them, not only do they proc easier, but they drop more stuff. Obviously, the better gear you have, the faster you'll kill, more coins, etc. Even using good food over junky food can make a huge difference. As others have said, having a good skillchain can help a lot. (Mercy stroke + Fudo will literally drop a mob from 100% to 0).

We do Flytraps > Cactuar > Goobs or Manticores in Valkurm. As long as you control your TP on Flytraps and Cactuar, they're never a problem. We target those mobs, because usually there's no one at them, and if there's so much as another duo or a fast soloer at other DC camps, we'll run out of mobs (plus I'm tired of jerk Taru Bsts stealing my stuff).
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-14 16:14:16  
My group drops every DC seconds after proced. And we still don't pull in 500. Qufim bad or something lol?
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-14 16:16:52  
Good call on the food Cali. I forgot to mention food. Also what a Fupa said about skillchains. If you can pull it off it's nice. You can bypass the TP moves like 4000 needles and sporific.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-14 16:26:15  
Siren.Fupafighters said: »
My group drops every DC seconds after proced. And we still don't pull in 500. Qufim bad or something lol?

It might just be your killspeed. My duo consists of a Lv99 Masa sam and a Lv95 Mandau (at least before I tossed it >_>), so we're probably a little higher above the normal. Having a good skillchain and a better weapon for myself really did up our single average by at least 50-60. Before MS + Fudo, we'd have to either Shoha>Rudras or Evis>Fudo. MS + Fudo literally just destroys everything >_>;

I don't like qufim much (good mobs have low number of spawns), nor bubu (mobs too spread out). Valk is the only zone where I can find a DC camp and not get camped over and run out of mobs constantly.

Forgot to mention, pull as fast and as many mobs as you can handle. As long as you aren't fighting stuff with dangerous TP moves, it helps a lot to line a few things up to proc while you're killing your current target. Every second counts.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-14 22:02:18  
Odin.Calipso said: »
After I finished my Mandau, my duo started pulling in 600-620 coins a run. When I was using Lv90 Twash, the highest we got was 550 something.
Do you really not have any sort of 2box healer? 610 average is far above any numbers we've gotten, and our group is above most. I'll try your loop to see if it has to do with mob selection but even on days when we've had the shroom/sheep/tree loop to ourselves, the highest we've ever gotten is, as I said before, 535.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-14 22:06:10  
Siren.Fupafighters said: »

It might just be your killspeed. My duo consists of a Lv99 Masa sam and a Lv95 Mandau (at least before I tossed it >_>), so we're probably a little higher above the normal. Having a good skillchain and a better weapon for myself really did up our single average by at least 50-60. Before MS + Fudo, we'd have to either Shoha>Rudras or Evis>Fudo. MS + Fudo literally just destroys everything >_>;

I don't like qufim much (good mobs have low number of spawns), nor bubu (mobs too spread out). Valk is the only zone where I can find a DC camp and not get camped over and run out of mobs constantly.

Forgot to mention, pull as fast and as many mobs as you can handle. As long as you aren't fighting stuff with dangerous TP moves, it helps a lot to line a few things up to proc while you're killing your current target. Every second counts.
Yeah I have masa 90. FUdo is champ on fodder mobs. But we do rudra to stardiver and reverse. Usually kills mobs instant after proc. Rudra is 2.8-3.5k average and stardiver is 2.8-4.5k usually.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-14 22:16:49  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Do you really not have any sort of 2box healer? 610 average is far above any numbers we've gotten, and our group is above most. I'll try your loop to see if it has to do with mob selection but even on days when we've had the shroom/sheep/tree loop to ourselves, the highest we've ever gotten is, as I said before, 535.

I have a blm/whm that I've brought like twice, and didn't really do much other than haste us (cause Onyos sucks and I'm too lazy to switch it in/out) but otherwise, no.

Actually, our last actual duo (no blm mule, me with Lv95 Mandau and him with Lv99 Masa) was 623 coins and 35 (unusually low, we usually get at least 50+ >_>) forgottens.

We've been doing dyna pretty much daily together since the change, so we've pretty much got it down pat and know how to squeeze out every little second in there =P

We killed 61 Flytraps, 76 Goobs, anddddddddd 71 sabotenders.

Yeah, I like parsing >_> Have tons and tons of dynamis parses kicking around on my computer, lol.

530~ sounds about our old average before I got Mandau. Like I mentioned earlier, our highest coin count duo with me using twash was 550~. It really makes a pretty big difference, if only cause one of us doesn't have to use a gimper WS and/or lose out on aftermaths to do a good skillchain.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-14 22:29:19  
Well If I look at it right, we could be making almost 600 if people didn't randomly come to our camps and solo decent challenge haha. On a good day, We have gotten 200+ t shell 220+ O bronze and 180 bynes would be our max I would think. But something always happens lol, like my drg friend accidentally didn't have stun on snolls and they went boom High HP or something like that. >.< I'm sure on a perfect week, we will be pulling in almost 600. Lol. We are still new to duoing with our setup.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-14 22:36:21  
Oynos is good even if you arent swapping it out.

I just did a mandau solo and netted about 290 coins which is same as what I was getting before with twash not that I expected much change. One thing I did find odd today though was from 16:00 to 24:00 on dhalmel 1st time round (te finished 13:00ish) I only managed 22 shells at that rate if it continued rest of the run I would of exited with only 120coins >.>. So I guess it could of gone higher, I just suck bad at procing compared to those I see around me especially a dnc friend of mine. But yeah Id much rather do dc mobs have them proc pretty much 1/1 on everything and evis >> rudra sc kills anything outright. Although now with mercy im gonna have to consider sc alternatives.

Having said that duoing 200 of each type of coin on dc excluding white proc is a hell of alot imo even with sc's, whoever is managing that thats impressive.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-14 22:42:03  
On another note, in valkurm, we never do Funguars. Even if we have them all to ourselves, there's so few, that they just don't come in fast enough. If anyone else is there, it's a huge hit to the coin count. Sheep are ok if there's only a couple people, but again, there's random times that they'll be like 5-6+ people there, so we just started avoiding them completely. Same story for DC hippos, plus having Red Curry dispelled really sucks :( We tend to avoid trees, just because that's where the majority of DC farmers tend to go for shell hours.

Once you get the hang of controlling your tp feed mobs like Flytraps and Cactuar pose no threat at all. If you can't turn before procing or can't kill it in the 30 seconds it's procced, I definetly wouldn't recommend fighting those, though. We've died far far more from careless links or strings of extremely unlucky crit hits than we ever have from 4000/2000 needles or Soporific.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-06-14 22:42:04  
What?
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-06-14 22:46:56  
Soporific.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/15174/frenzy-salletCould work?
 Cerberus.Jewpan
user: Jewpan
By Cerberus.Jewpan 2012-06-14 22:53:38  
Well, we do EPs because neither of us have any empys or relic, should we try to do DCs? Also regarding skillchains, when I'm on bst we don't have a good one, but when I'm on blu, we do Evisceration>CA Quad continuum for darkness which generally one shots the EPs. What slows us down on most runs is unlucky proccing and competition.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-06-14 22:54:55  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
Soporific.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/15174/frenzy-salletCould work?
My guess would be no since Soporific is super-sleep (damage doesn't wake you).
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-14 22:56:39  
Damage doesn't wake you from Soporific, including poisons. Not entirely sure if Frenzy would work, but I'm guessing not.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-14 23:22:43  
Cerberus.Jewpan said: »
Well, we do EPs because neither of us have any empys or relic, should we try to do DCs? Also regarding skillchains, when I'm on bst we don't have a good one, but when I'm on blu, we do Evisceration>CA Quad continuum for darkness which generally one shots the EPs. What slows us down on most runs is unlucky proccing and competition.

I would try at least once. After even one run it should be pretty obvious if you can handle them or not. Cockblocking things like bad procs and competition are a lot less of a problem in DC mobs than they are in EP mobs.
First Page 2 3