users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dyna question
Dyna question
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-18 12:17:27  
This is completely unrelated off of the first topic, but still a dynamis question and I kinda didn't want to make a thread for it. D: But what's a good setup/strategy for ADL?
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-18 12:30:08  
how many people do you have? we've been doing 2h ddx5 + 1 cor mule + as many smn as possible + scholar mule.. TH doesnt seem to help too much with doubles >.> but we only got 1 double out of like 50 kills

cor does chaos/fighters and drops from dd party, scholar embrava and holds tabula rasa on the ???, smn hastega's the dds, smn astral flows, someone pops and smn does alexander right after pop

have 1 dd as the assist and just ws it down to ~50% when it'll start summoning a clone and it'll be invincible during this time, everyone swap to 1 clone (designate someone an assist), need to be rolling shock squalls at this point near perfectly and just smash them down as fast as possible

unless you get terrorfucked or 2+ dds get hit with a terra slash theres no need to 2hr and make sure summoners waiting to squall stand 30' away so they dont get stunned/paraed/bound
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-18 12:56:11  
I'm not exactly sure how much people we have to do it, it was just sort of a plan thing and I was curious what minimum people were required to do it effectively.
Is "Number of clones appears to be based on ADL's HP at the time of cloning. Recommended to take it easy on the first form." true? If so, does that change the zerg strats in any way? lol
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-18 13:25:53  
The goal is to take the pre-cloning ADL as close to 41% hp as possible. Any lower and it will split into 3 instead of 2. So yes, somewhat true. My LS had several cases where we killed the first clone and had enough time to kill the 2nd before he recloned because we got him down to 45%ish pre-split.

No matter what though there is a luck factor in there with terror and his clone timing isn't static. Sometimes we've seen him split at 65%, which makes it nearly impossible to kill both before reclones. I'd say Fondue's setup is pretty much the bare minimum to have reasonable success rates.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-18 13:35:32  
he clones more than once? :< (I've never really read up on ADL so don't sue me! lol.:s)
 Phoenix.Dometig
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dometig 2012-06-18 13:44:30  
Just wondering if any one has tried to solo Quiebitiel on bst? I need the item for dagger but i can't find any info on how to kill it, it looks like it could be a tough solo dealing enough dmg before benediction looks impossible but can it be done?

sorry if this is off topic any info would be nice thanks
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-18 13:55:39  
He will keep cloning if you aren't quick enough. If you kill the first one and its fake you only have a brief window to kill the other one, which will most likely turn into a total of 3 or 4 ADLs. At that point its pretty much over.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-18 13:58:01  
Shiva.Paulu said: »
He will keep cloning if you aren't quick enough. If you kill the first one and its fake you only have a brief window to kill the other one, which will most likely turn into a total of 3 or 4 ADLs. At that point its pretty much over.
Gross. :<

Edit: so basically if it goes right and there're two ADLs, so there's a 50/50 chance of killing it, and then if the ADL wasnt it, the other one reclones into 3-4? D:
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-06-18 22:26:07  
after about 20 solo runs at qufim im getting sortve fed up with no cor boots drop. anyone with them - any insight? which mobs were you fighting and where? thanks
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-18 22:30:02  
Sylph.Binckry said: »
Shiva.Paulu said: »
Gross. :<

Edit: so basically if it goes right and there're two ADLs, so there's a 50/50 chance of killing it, and then if the ADL wasnt it, the other one reclones into 3-4? D:
ADL will reclone itself, and can do so again if you guess wrong a second time, etc. His HP will be lower the next time, so he'll spawn at least as many clones as he did previously. Can spawn up to three clones at a time iirc, so... yeah.
 Sylph.Binckry
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-06-18 23:41:53  
Gross.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-19 00:22:29  
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
after about 20 solo runs at qufim im getting sortve fed up with no cor boots drop. anyone with them - any insight? which mobs were you fighting and where? thanks
Have you only been killing Nightmare mobs?
 Carbuncle.Burkey
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-06-19 00:26:28  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Carbuncle.Burkey said: »
Have you only been killing Nightmare mobs?
everything. beastmen, nightmare mobs, both ep and dc.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-19 01:06:10  
Nightmare mobs don't drop relic, only relic -1 and accessories if you didn't notice that already. If you're going to Qufim soley for for Cor boots, I'd stick to just slaughtering as many beastmen a run as possible. Don't need to proc for AF to drop.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-20 17:13:00  
Calipso, I've tested your loop three times so far and, although our average has gone up by ~40 over three runs, 620 is still sounding really far off.

I hate to ask, but are you guys using Clipper or something? We're still very much throttled by proc speed and movement speed. I even brought my mule today to help proc and we still only got 519,39 but all mobs were killed well before they came unproc'd. I could see Clipper pushing it up a fair bit.

We did have a noticeable number of 1-drops and 2-drops today though so I could see a 600 spike if we get really lucky, but averaging that still seems very difficult.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-06-20 17:28:39  
Not quite duo, but a friend and I duo on THF/DNC + DNC/WAR and he brings his WHM mule dualboxed, and we net around 550-600+ with 40-50 touches in Valk. I think our best was around 639-49.

When I solo on DNC/THF, I have been getting 210-230+ with 15-20+ touches. I think my best was 239-21.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-06-20 17:31:38  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Not quite duo, but a friend and I duo on THF/DNC + DNC/WAR and he brings his WHM mule dualboxed, and we net around 550-600+ with 40-50 touches in Valk. I think our best was around 639-49.

When I solo on DNC/THF, I have been getting 210-230+ with 15-20+ touches. I think my best was 239-21.

The whm mule only cures, hastes, and occasionally if I remember boost-str will put that up. Doesn't do any pulling or anything. I know we've gotten over 630 currency in our best currency and 63 touches in our best forgotten stage.

We've broken 600 even doing WS mobs during a phase because of competition. Entirely possible if the camps are open.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-20 17:55:30  
Siren.Mcclane said: »

The whm mule only cures, hastes, and occasionally if I remember boost-str will put that up. Doesn't do any pulling or anything. I know we've gotten over 630 currency in our best currency and 63 touches in our best forgotten stage.

We've broken 600 even doing WS mobs during a phase because of competition. Entirely possible if the camps are open.
Which loop is that?
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-06-20 17:59:44  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Siren.Mcclane said: »

Which loop is that?

Sheep > Treants > Funguars. If there's competition in Funguars, sometimes it's better to stay on Treants for WS
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-20 18:24:56  
Edit: Nevermind, thanks.