言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Question about the basic gear from Abby
Question about the basic gear from Abby
By Zackan 2012-06-24 13:26:49  
Merlocke said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
4.7 TP per hit without aurore, and 5 with. 9.4 per round without is going to show up as 9 until after three rounds then it'll show as 10, and with aurore will always be 10 per round.

yikes...well that certainly doesnt seem worth sticking to the set when i come across better gear for even one of the slots lol. well thank you guys for taking the time to explain this stuff. im slightly less of a thf/noob now :P

thats becase EVERYTHING is better than teal/aurore/perle... lmao^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-24 13:44:54  
Teal/aurore/perle are ment to be a basic set to hold you over till you get better stuff. If they are worth using or not depends on the job. THF for example (since that is the op's job) had no haste pants that I was aware of before 75 so that slot would be an upgrade. Boots are close enough to dusk feet since they have the same haste and the body makes a good evasion peice of SH if he needs it because it has the same eva and acc after accounting for dex and agl in addition to double attack + (though idk what thfs wore at 75). Turban and dusk gloves obviously still win for head and hand peices.

Edit: If he were already established with geared jobs then I would say to stick with those jobs and not bother with thf till he had better stuff. Hes back after 3 years though so he has to start where we all did back when the cap was first raised, and that is with white pink and blue.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-24 13:54:32  
Yeh just remembered the harness and the legs still beat the subligar... I don't think I ever saw a thf in that subligar before XD
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2012-06-24 13:59:03  
Asura.Ina said: »
THF for example (since that is the op's job) had no haste pants that I was aware of before 75 so that slot would be an upgrade.

Bravo's Subligar (beaten, meh)

Did used to be fairly common.

Several options at 75, which do precede Aurore, but are all a lot harder to get than Aurore if you don't already have them (Homam, Skadi, Barbarossa's)

Though I agree, the basic cruor sets are were put in to set a new baseline. They offer comparable performance to decent/good sets at 75 with next to no effort to obtain them. Lots better than wearing AF or something, but also not the pinnacle of what one should be striving for.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2012-06-24 14:07:33  
Josiahkf said: »
Even with those two, dusk+1 hands feet walahra and ninurta's sash thf couldn't cap haste lol, but closest job that could ftw

Homam put thf at 25%, so close lol
Ninja could if you and your mages were balzy enough to have Shinobi ring running :P assuming swift belt.

Sorry I didn't meen to turn this into a discussion on lv 75 thf gear. Mainly ment to point out that though we laugh and the curor sets now most people have used them at one point or another.
 Asura.Kurriko
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2012-06-25 07:07:29  
i have main/Heartsnatcher (and yes its unlocked) and sub/thfknife
NPC the heart snatcher right now. It was a piece of crap at 75 and it's a piece of crap at 99.
There was no excuse for using a Heart Snatcher at 75 considering there were a selection of very cheap (I'm talking 10-20k cheap) AH options that were better than it (Behemoth Knife, Magnet Knife and Hoplite's Harpe for example). There is no reason whatsoever you should be using one at Lv80+.

Yataghans are obtainable by trading Dominion Credits which you should get from EXPing and are significantly better. Blau Dolch (one of the best available daggers at 75) now costs around 60k~ and is also significantly better. Rapidus Sax is a 100% drop from a mob in Abyssea that people farm for empyrean armor materials regularly and is significantly better. There are other examples of either cheap buyable, or easily farmable options that are a thousand times better than the Heart Snatcher

The best use for Heart Snatcher is the 3k~ Gil you get from selling it to a NPC vendor.
By Merlocke 2012-06-25 13:01:23  
Asura.Kurriko said: »
i have main/Heartsnatcher (and yes its unlocked) and sub/thfknife
NPC the heart snatcher right now. It was a piece of crap at 75 and it's a piece of crap at 99.
There was no excuse for using a Heart Snatcher at 75 considering there were a selection of very cheap (I'm talking 10-20k cheap) AH options that were better than it (Behemoth Knife, Magnet Knife and Hoplite's Harpe for example). There is no reason whatsoever you should be using one at Lv80+.

Yataghans are obtainable by trading Dominion Credits which you should get from EXPing and are significantly better. Blau Dolch (one of the best available daggers at 75) now costs around 60k~ and is also significantly better. Rapidus Sax is a 100% drop from a mob in Abyssea that people farm for empyrean armor materials regularly and is significantly better. There are other examples of either cheap buyable, or easily farmable options that are a thousand times better than the Heart Snatcher

The best use for Heart Snatcher is the 3k~ Gil you get from selling it to a NPC vendor.
ok ill get a beter main lol i only had it cause id gotten it back in the day (3 years ago) and sense ive been back all my gils been goin towards my blm
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-06-25 17:57:28  
If I may make some few serious suggestions.. If you don't have time for Magians, Which you should make time for, This Knife:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/16500/aluh-jambiya

Makes a wonderful Main-hand. Honestly, most of the AH daggers are crap-tier crap compared to Magians, So i can't offer much more in the terms of AH weaponry, But Aluh Jambiya is a worthy goal.

Either way, You need to rid yourself of the Thief's KNife as well, Its a cancerous bubble on your hand and it needs to be removed before it kills you. Some recommendations, including Magian this time...

Fire Magian.
Thunder Magian.
Coru/Lux

Lux Pugio might be your easiest option, Its not super common but its ... decently common from Qilin, Which is done quite often from people who want Pouches, and his boots i guess.

Either way, I can't sit here and Lol like a bad troll who should feel bad... At least you're taking advice instead of ignoring it, Which makes you a far step above the typical full pink THF.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-25 19:27:33  
Thief's knife only needs to be on for the first hit to get the TH bonus from it. Wasn't good to full time at 75, most certainly isn't now.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-06-25 19:43:35  
Fartsnatcher is serious bizness!
 Asura.Kurriko
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2012-06-26 00:56:04  
I'm also with Josiahfk. I keep Thiefs Knife in satchel unless fighting a big NM. For continuous farming (such as dynamis, or solo/low man content) it more likely lowers your overall drops over a period of time. Equipping a better dagger to increase your killspeed (and thus killing more mobs in that timeframe) will provide more drops than the TH+1 you get from the dagger most of the time.

Aluh Jambiya like Karbuncle mentions is fantastic, but if you are just returning, fairly penniless and putting most of your gil into Blm like you say, it might be out of your range for now.
Best advice for someone in that position would probably be to keep an eye out for any shouts for people doing Isgebind (or make a group yourself) to get Triplus Dagger and then pick up an Oynos Knife (as mentioned above) from the AH (It's cheap).