Should I Delevel Cooking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Should I delevel cooking?
Should I delevel cooking?
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-05-26 16:16:53  
As has been said, your cooking won't delevel until you're 86 in another craft. And if you're making "only" 750 gil a synth, that's ~90k/hour. 30 seconds per synth (really ~27), so 120 synths/hour * 750 gil = 90,000 gil
 Carbuncle.Sterling
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-26 17:31:32  
I tried to delevel cooking once and all I got was "GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN WOMAN".
[+]
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 17:39:22  
Sterling said:
I tried to delevel cooking once and all I got was "GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN WOMAN".

LOL

All that's ever gotten me was a black eye and/or fat lip.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 17:44:59  
Men never realize there are 1001 things a woman can destroy you with in the kitchen until it's too late...
[+]
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-05-26 17:48:03  
ummm really if you think you can make gil crafting w/o farming the mats, well your gonna be greatly disappointed no matter what craft you do. as for the 1/27 drop rate on cockmeat all i can say is the se gods dont like you >.>;
[+]
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 17:49:11  
Eternaltriumph said:
Men never realize there are 1001 things a woman can destroy you with in the kitchen until it's too late...

The kitchen? Most women I've been with do just fine with bare hands and their devious little minds.

Using utensils to get the job done does add that bit of poetic justice to it, though... ^^
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 17:51:03  
Eternaltriumph said:

Real men cook by themselves <.<
[+]
 Bahamut.Mekaree
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mekaree
By Bahamut.Mekaree 2009-06-22 08:41:04  
Winterlight said:
Any high level cooking ppl find that they have to lvl Gardening to make cooking profitable?

For the sushi rice?

I spend alot of time gardening mats for cooking and it does increase my profits. Onions, tarutaru rice, sandy grapes, corel fungi and persikos to name a few. I also harvest items for cooking, too, and that's usually where i pick up most of my seeds for gardening.

My cooking is currently 94.9+2 and I make a nice living off it. I farm everything i can and spend several hours once every 2 weeks to cook up as much as i can and stick it all on a mule that sells 24/7. Last 2 weeks, my profit was 650k.

Delevel cooking? Your choice. You can still make a decent profit off lower level crafts like jack-o-lanterns and crab sushi. But for a craft that you can farm/garden/harvest the majority of the mats, my advice would be to finish it, and find what makes a good profit for you.
 Ifrit.Aurielle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Aurielle 2009-06-22 09:16:25  
In my experience, I didn't really start to make decent profit with cooking until 80+, when I started to HQ things more. I leveled thf to 75 too, to help with the mats. I think that crafting post 60 is too much work for me to ever consider undoing that work. I'd just do a little fishing if I were you. Guild points suck too...I would hate to waste 30k GP on raw fish and not try to use it. Good luck.
 Phoenix.Kylie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Kylie
By Phoenix.Kylie 2009-06-22 09:37:36  
Speaking from experience with 100+3 cooking, you can make a profit. I got the idea of getting a Lu Shangs recently which i have just acquired, to pair fishing up with my cooking. I plan to make a decent profit with making my own sushi by catching my own fish. You may not really realize it at first, but there is profit to be made in cooking. You just have to find the "good" stuff to make. For example watch the ah for prices of persikos au laits and stuff like that... I didnt even realize it before I got cooking to 100, but I made a really good profit off of making cursed soups. It was slow, with little profit from each synth, but in the long run it stacks. Can also make stuff like mithkabobs for some profit, i know on phoenix then sell for 3-4k a stack for the nq, but you can buy/farm all the ingredients for less than 1k and 2 synths gets you a full stack. Just an example to think about.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Inukichan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Inukichan
By Quetzalcoatl.Inukichan 2009-06-22 10:09:34  
I got 92.6 cooking at the moment and I find the profit pretty decent. I been lving it on an off for about 2years so I noticed a decent pattern in what sells fast an what doesn't. Only problem I got with cooking is the gp. I got about 30k gp atm and you can barely get more then 1-2k gp a day so usually I skip it. I got raw fish noodle an pastier.

When I make sushi I usually find a fishermen or a friend and buy fish from them in bulk for a discount so you both make gil. When I do kabobs or subs or even anything else I check if I can farm the ingredients and also check not only jeuno's ah but also the three main cities. As for rice buy it from the guild, growing them is nice but I much rather grow something else like onions.
 Fenrir.Parak
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2009-06-22 10:23:14  
My cooking is 66 and I can easily make 100k profit in about 2-3 days through this one method I have... You just got to find what works for you and keep doing it. It took 2 years for me to find my method!

EDIT: My fishing skill is 1 btw ;P
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-06-22 10:47:34  
i recommend doing fishing along with cooking. I can make 190kish a day from raw fish alone, imagine if I could cook them lol.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
サーバ: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-06-24 23:36:18  
You have 2 options, #1 level fishing. or option #2 delevel that ***asap and level a craft that has money potential WITHOUT 100's of hours of time spent on craft.

Plain and simple, level fishing or delevel.
 Sylph.Megumii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-06-25 03:51:37  
I think you should delevel it because cooking is boring and then I can get that SH+1 signed from you ;D

But seriously it's been how long now that's you've been doing cooking and you know you've got bored of it. Why don't you get some of the others like leather and/or BC to 60 and see how you feel about them before deciding to delevel any :)
 Kujata.Maidak
サーバ: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-06-25 05:32:30  
tell you what i have 96 fishing and 94 cooking profitable margins a day if i catch 200 black sole a day @ 12k a stack is 192k and if i spend all the gil to get the ground wasabi crystals tarutaru rice and rice vinegar u really dont make ***for the extra time u put in crafting maby another 100k tops so about 300k a day if your a avid fisherman and crafter i personally did this on a mule because cooking is useless i wont lie. and ppl say u make millions they are blowing smoke out there ***.
 Ifrit.Killmer
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Killmer
By Ifrit.Killmer 2009-06-25 06:09:35  
i had 100+3 cooking and deleveled it.

i may take it up again since the release of the mog sachel. for anyone looking to take up cooking... do it on a mule! best advice you could ever get from anyone. most any money synth you will do will crowd the hell out of your inventory. tavnazian tacos are a very good example. to go from raw mats to end product takes 2 different synths, and each synth will run about 6 items each, so thats 12 stacks of mats you need to have sitting in your inventory at one time. then to top it all off, the salads you make from the first synth will not stack. account for all that to any decent amount of tacos, you will want to have 30+ slots to craft a stack of taco mats.

i'm still not sure i would ever level cooking on my main again. the only real arguement towards this is my 75 nin. lawl cooking katana.

fish on your main, cook on a mule. simple as that.

edit:
i would also like to add. in the current economy, consumables are the real money maker. most hq synths like SH, hauby, or hq staves are money makers ONLY if you know how to HQ them, otherwise you will lose money with every craft with just the main mat for it. v. claw is worth about 200k more then nq SH on my server. whereas cooking, youll make a profit even if you NQ it.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-06-25 06:37:47  
Maidak said:
tell you what i have 96 fishing and 94 cooking profitable margins a day if i catch 200 black sole a day @ 12k a stack is 192k and if i spend all the gil to get the ground wasabi crystals tarutaru rice and rice vinegar u really dont make ***for the extra time u put in crafting maby another 100k tops so about 300k a day if your a avid fisherman and crafter i personally did this on a mule because cooking is useless i wont lie. and ppl say u make millions they are blowing smoke out there ***.

At 94 cooking you are HQ tier 0 for sole sushi. The 10% really helps out >_>;
 Kujata.Maidak
サーバ: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-06-25 07:30:23  
even @ 94 with adv synth support its still t0?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-25 07:47:27  
Read only half this thread but here is my 2 cents.

I leveled cooking to 83 so far. I use it mostly to HQ low level stuff for Alchemy synths which I can also HQ. Spending a day farming ingredients to HQ for Alch then HQing those synths, I can make about 200-300k a day depending on how long it takes me to get bored farming and if AH is flooded/slow with the synth(s).

Do some research and you can find ways to make money.
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-06-25 09:54:50  
I leveled cooking to 99. At the time I started, it looked to be the most profitable and least expensive craft to raise. I can still make money off of it. My problem is I don't have the patience for the AH. Fortunately, I've found synths that sell back to the NPC for profit (due to a high HQ rate).

I do not have a single guild item. I turn in items every now and then for points when I remember, but most of the time forget.

I'm working on leveling fishing slowly and getting lu shang's. While I'm not doing that for my cooking, it will help out. I also needed the fish for some alchemy (got a mule right now up around 62 alchemy).

I wouldn't recommend deleveling cooking. If you have a mule, level another craft on it. My main is the only char I have that has more than one craft (other than subcrafts needed for certain recipes).

My main is my cook (99) / fisher (22).
I have an alchemist (62), a woodworker(29), a blacksmith (14), and a clothcrafter (7).
My girlfriend does leathercrafting.

Multiple crafts also helps not flooding the market with one item. I sell bolts from my blacksmith, shihei from my woodworker, pots from my alchemist, and whatever else.

This also gives me bolts for leveling RNG, shihei for leveling NIN, etc.

Just the way I see it, and yes I spend a lot every month for my FFXI bill -_-
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Arci
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Arci
By Bismarck.Arci 2009-09-30 10:36:21  
I've been able to profit off of cooking. Granted I need to make large batches of things, I usually get a bit of gil back.

Sushi is a great profit maker, and it sells very fast. Crab sushi, sole sushi, and squid sushi are my favorites when I'm making money.

I also like to craft meat kabobs, since the HQ rate is pretty high (I'm level 95) and I would say about 3/5 of my synths are HQ1 = 12 meat mithkabobs/synth. You make even more if you farm the ingredients yourself.

I also learned to save money by purchasing ingredients from vendors rather than off the AH. Why spend 3k on a stack of maple sugar if you can get it from an NPC for 30g each?

Marron glace is also a nice profit. It's so cheap to make, and you profit off of it even if you buy your items from the AH.

If you want to profit off of cooking prepare to make large batches, so make sure you max out your gobbie bags. Also, save your fire crystals on a mule :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 10:36:54  
Yes
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-30 10:43:57  
I've seriously considered deleveling cooking myself. It was great when I was new and WHM was my only job, but anymore I find myself just buying food from the AH because its faster. The profits I could make from cooking is so low its just not worth my time. Kinda sucks since I spent the GPs to get Hat/Apron/Ring and never touch it =/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Midgardsormr.Jaizon
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Jaizon
By Midgardsormr.Jaizon 2009-11-23 14:23:12  
Here is my 2 cents. I'm stoned and no FF atm. FML back to the topic at hand.

I have been 100 cook with no +1 gear ><. At times i would regret lvling cooking so high. Now that I have seen what it can do i'm glad i stuck it out. I have raw sushi handling and passtier guild items. I also have 54 fishing but havent got it high enough to catch sole so I found other stuff to make. Buddy is 100 fish and would give me free stacks of sole but imo after buying wasabi and not hqing to much it really wasnt worth it.

Ive found other things to craft other than sushi. I will admit the 75 Thf with lolth3 does help alot when it come to farm ingredents. I farm everything possible. Honey, Onions, Meats ect ect. I also have started gardening on 1 of my mules also. That Ho ( its a mithra ) grows all my rice and just started growing onions. Onions alone will save a lil time from farmign 1 extra item.

Not sure how prices are on there servers but here a few of the Items i make. Like i said before I farm everything possible and buy from items from npc vendors. Good tip is to either have a mule in each maint city or have the city warp collars or hope you got blessed that week with free city to city warps for mog tablets. Never buy crap from ah just to save time.

1. Honey ( so easy to hq if you got cooking faily high ) People are lazy and would rather buy from ah. Be the smart one. farm giddeus for chips. 5k a stack you cant go wrong when at time 1 synth will give you a stack.

2, Pet Food Zeta. Best Bst food in game and sells fairly quick. Farm the meat and rest of ingredents you can get from npc's all profit at 8-10k a stack

3. Meat Mithrakabobs. Other have mentions this easy gill if you take time to farm and travel to vendors who got Items.

I have looked threw all the food that sells well on my server and used it to my advantage. Yes it is time consuming but the whole point is to profit. FFXIAH is great for doin this. Look for what sells very fast and if it is in your range then make it.

Now i cant see any reason why you would wanna dlvl it just to raise another craft that might make you more gil. Since you already got it so high why not grind it out to 100 and then let it make the gil for you. Yes once you hit 90 its gonna suck. I never wanna farm a royal jelly again.

Thank you to all who take time to read this. Hope it was helpful in a way as i have never posted really and it not sure if it came out way i wanted. I blame the weed ^^ and SE for not having ff up atm. FU SE.

To alll who want more ideas to profit from cooking send me a pm and as long as you not on my server ill help out. If you are on my server you can ask just not sure ill reply as i dont want you messing up my gil ^ ^

Gilgamesh.Clinkclink
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Clinkclink 2009-11-23 14:49:39  
Midgardsormr.Jaizon said:
To alll who want more ideas to profit from cooking send me a pm and as long as you not on my server ill help out. If you are on my server you can ask just not sure ill reply as i dont want you messing up my gil ^ ^

TBH I Dlvled cooking to lvl ww. I recently went back to cooking after spending a few weeks fishing and raising the skill enough to catch Black Sole/Dil. Now I am making some serious Clinkclink™. I sell about 90% of sushi and other things on my mules. I also Garden with 5 mules. I average a few hundred K a day in about 3 hours of fishing and 20 min of crafting and another few hundred K whenever my gardens are ready to be picked. Not sure if this helps or not on your decision but G/L whatever you decide.

The grass isnt always greener on the otherside. Sometimes when you get there, there is no grass in sight. Which is what I found when I decided to lvl WW.
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2009-11-23 14:56:53  
Carbuncle.Sterling said:

<3
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-11-23 15:44:19  
I have 3 characters that are 80+ fishing, and a 100 cooking mule. I work full time, and play a couple hours here and there. I'm able to make like 4 mil a month with fishing and cooking. It's easy gil, but it takes time to get to the point I'm at right now.