フォーラム » FFXIV » General » All people banned from FFXI will be banned from FFXIV
All people banned from FFXI will be banned from FFXIV
 Valefor.Forgotten
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2009-06-07 19:56:39  
Jaerik said:
This actually wouldn't surprise me, although I have no confirmation. SquareEnix would not be the first to do this. Sony Online, Electronic Arts, and other companies have also done "platform-wide" bans in the past.

Once you've proven yourself to be a bad customer, companies no longer want your business, regardless of which game it might be. $15/month doesn't buy a whole lot -- less than 1 hour of one GM's time, if that. If you've proven to cost them more than you give, you can't blame them for rejecting further business with you.

Unfortunately SE has a revolving door policy - if you get banned you don't even need a different credit card number to get a new account on the same game (FFXI) so I doubt they'll prevent those same people from joining FFXIV as well.
 Diabolos.Cyr
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Cyr
By Diabolos.Cyr 2009-06-07 20:35:22  
Lol, yarite. Cyr = account #5

However, you are incorrect. Both of my credit cards are blacklisted by SE and are unusable. I have a friend pay for my current account.
 Kujata.Checo
サーバ: Kujata
user: Checo
By Kujata.Checo 2009-06-07 21:22:34  
Cyr said:

However, you are incorrect. Both of my credit cards are blacklisted by SE and are unusable. I have a friend pay for my current account.

So i hear you walked thru some walls in sea... hmmm

I dont think i can give you that loan.
[+]
 Odin.Kraytos
サーバ: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2009-06-07 21:40:35  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Wait, is this the WoWAH.com?

this doesn't even make sense.

and as far as being on topic goes i know someone who signed up w/ same address and all other information as their banned account just different credit card number so this thread is a joke
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-14 03:17:12  
We've got different people in this thread confirming opposite sides of the same arguement. Some are saying that they can speak from experience that they can ban by CC, some are saying otherwise. As much as I don't like his attitude, or the fact that he's obviously a dodgy *** for getting banned 4 times, I think I'm gonna have to believe Cyr on this one:

Cyr said:

And as per usual, the person making the most sense is Jaerik:

Jaerik said:
This actually wouldn't surprise me, although I have no confirmation. SquareEnix would not be the first to do this. Sony Online, Electronic Arts, and other companies have also done "platform-wide" bans in the past.

Once you've proven yourself to be a bad customer, companies no longer want your business, regardless of which game it might be. $15/month doesn't buy a whole lot -- less than 1 hour of one GM's time, if that. If you've proven to cost them more than you give, you can't blame them for rejecting further business with you.

Just think about the ***some people put GM's through just by being a douchebag in general and having multiple people complain about them. If one person continues to use up a GM's time over and over again for being a douche (even if they don't actually break any ToS, they're just a *** to a lot of people), I'd just go ahead and ban the ***.

Kinda makes me wonder how the *** Filielle, Kuroganashi and Gaea haven't been banned yet though.
 Fairy.Frokes
サーバ: Fairy
user: Frokes
By Fairy.Frokes 2009-06-14 03:40:56  
I don't see how they would ban by IP, since you can change your IP address in less then a minute.

Also they only ban using a Credit Card Number, or any personal information on the account if the ban is a RMT related ban. Anyone that got banned for Third-Party Programs, MPK, Salvage Duping, anything like that, they didn't even look at the CC Number, or name on the account.

Also, when you get banned it says "Playonline services have been stopped". They won't be using Playonline anymore, so any previous ban will have no effect on their new game.

Theres just no way to enforce this. I highly doubt it's true, just because of the person who started the thread alone. Why hasn't this been anywhere else if it would happen? Everything leads to this not being true.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-14 03:51:13  
Maybe it's not true, but we can still hope for it!

Also, is this Kelia in disguise?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2009-06-16 02:41:19  
Good keep all those toads that were banned on Asura OUT
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Sifridus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-09-06 01:36:59  
Estidecon said:
true or not true that people banned from FFx1 are going to be banned from playing FFXIV
I can tell you it would be rather simple for them to know...
the system get the new information if any of the new information matches the old information of a banned account the system sends it
This information includes everything we input into the payment information
(all the
Name
Credit card
phone number
Address
associated with the account during its history)

any of that matches up then it's sent to someone (a real person) to say yeah it's the same person or no it's not the same person.
The stringency of this part is where some will fall through the crack and some will be denied even though they are new players.

I drank a lot of beer tonight and believe me that didn't help me understand the point you were making.

/em goes to generic check cashing place, signs up for visa card, uses said visa card to activate new membership.

<JoeyLaurence> Whoa!
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-06 05:37:23  
The people stupid enough to get banned in FFXI are probably stupid enough to get themselves banned in FFXIV.

So yes, chances are, if they aren't banned on sight, they will be.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-10-08 05:06:12  
"Sandraa scores a critical hit!
The Forum takes 32 days of necro-bump damage.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sirseifer
サーバ: Fenrir
user: sirseifer
By Fenrir.Sirseifer 2009-10-08 06:13:37  
A company banning future potential profit? What is the world coming to... It's bullding, I had my KC stolen and the guy got no ban nothing (not even 24hr), SE are more interested in keeping players then banning them and getting no money. Just think of it as ummm, a business? HELLOOOO! It's like getting another credit card when you have terrible credit history, they dont care, they want y000 m-m-mooooneyyyyy! Afterall, its a business and if anyone's been invovled, you pretty much do anything to make a profit, as long as its 'legal,' it being 'moral' is irrelevant. It's meh playing ffxi now, I feel pointless, just starting getting good endgame gear, ahhhhhh self-destruct
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-08 01:29:04  
Fairy.Thunderblaze said:
Lol.

aww someone got banned on and is back on their period.
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-11-08 01:34:39  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Thunderblaze said:
Lol.

aww someone got banned on and is back on their period.

Way to troll!
 Garuda.Crayne
サーバ: Garuda
user: Crayne
By Garuda.Crayne 2009-11-08 02:45:31  
Rule #1: Never take anything, under any circumstance, that Thunderblaze posts (or posted) seriously. EVER. He is (was) our #1 jackass.

Rule #2: Holy effing necrobumps. Like, you ppl have brought this thread back from the dead three times. Thread Necromancy FTL.

Rule #3: Anything Jaerik says is law. No questions.