users online
フォーラム » Windower » News » Dec 2012 Fixes
Dec 2012 Fixes
 Lakshmi.Itchyboto
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: itchyboto
By Lakshmi.Itchyboto 2012-12-15 23:05:03  
is plasticsurgeon still broke? when I zone im a different race then I blink to the correct race.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-15 23:20:17  
Aaaaaand all the links are mangled.

Fixed links, new spellcast is on page 2:
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/36-recast/
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/48-pettp/
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/18-attainment/
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/11-blinkmenot/
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/32-statustimer/
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/9-autoexec/
 Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-15 23:37:43  
I think I posted in the correct place on the Windower forums, but I will post here as well.
I have the updated version of Spellcast and my problem on my Monk is that whenever I have aftermath up (from Verethragna), I cannot use any ability or weaponskill until aftermath comes off. My spellcast does not have any rule associated with aftermath. My friend stated that he's not having aftermath issues with his Ragnarok.

It seems relic aftermath is fine, but empyrean aftermath is not. I will test my other empyrean weaponskills and edit this post if there is a difference.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-15 23:42:33  
You probably have a cancelspell related to Stun or Amnesia or something, which the problem lately has been Spellcast completely confusing which buffs and debuffs are which.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-15 23:45:49  
I have an echo associated with all my cancelspell rules. I'm not getting an echo message.

*edit* I stand corrected. I actually don't have an echo on my MNK xml. However, obviously there is still an error with spellcast itself if it thinks my aftermath is one of those buffs.

Thank you though. At least (hopefully) I can green out my cancelspell rules as a temporary fix.
 Shiva.Keyera
サーバ: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-12-16 01:06:17  
I'm not having any issues with aftermath from empyreans, from AM1, 2, and 3. It probably just has something to do with your XML, and commenting out your cancelspells is probably your best option, given what we know.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-16 02:31:37  
Yeah. My spellcast works fine when I comment out all my /cancelspell rules. It's a temporary fix.

My main concern now is BlinkMeNot. I dual box and I usually have my mule target locked on my main character and auto running to him. However, my main character blinks every time I use any ability or spell so it's been a huge hassle these past few days to have to manually move both characters.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-12-16 02:38:11  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
My main concern now is BlinkMeNot. I dual box and I usually have my mule target locked on my main character and auto running to him. However, my main character blinks every time I use any ability or spell so it's been a huge hassle these past few days to have to manually move both characters.
Even with the patched version? The syntax reverted to an older syntax, so on your mule, you need to do
[code]bmn alwaysothers on
bmn alwaysself on[code]
each time you load blinkmenot.

I was calling blinkmenot from a .txt file anyway (exec blink.txt) either as needed or when loading my mule... so I just commented out my bmn 0x0924 command and replaced the lines with the code above.

You can of course adjust what and when you choose to prevent blinking... type bmn in the console for options. I just figured if you're doin the mule follow thing you'd want to do everything anyway.
 Lakshmi.Lowas
user: Lowas
By Lakshmi.Lowas 2012-12-16 03:36:31  
Having the same issue as Peldin, using 2.41 and using the old syntax through the console.

I've tried combinations of turning everything on, or parts individually. However, I still blink when I target myself, my mule blinks when I target her. Follow doesn't work for either of us, not sure if it ever has?

Basically I get the same functionality as if I unload bmn completely. Loading, enabling various options seems to do absolutely nothing at all for me, still blink like a Christmas tree regardless.

I appreciate things take time to get fixed, just wanted to see if it was an issue with bmn that hasn't been fully fixed yet. Or if it's just me doing something incorrectly.

All bmn seems to do for me at the moment is not turn me into a blonde hume...... thankfully.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-12-16 17:50:44  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Yeah. My spellcast works fine when I comment out all my /cancelspell rules. It's a temporary fix.

Even with the new update I'm still having the same problem. The Hume issue seems resolved, but I'm still blinking... even after adjusting the settings.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-12-16 20:08:57  
Shiva.Keyera said: »
I'm not having any issues with aftermath from empyreans, from AM1, 2, and 3. It probably just has something to do with your XML, and commenting out your cancelspells is probably your best option, given what we know.
Aftermath is evidently getting recognized as Amnesia in many cases. His xml probably has rules that automatically cancel all JAs if Amnesia is active to prevent unwanted gearswaps, whereas it sounds like yours does not.
 Phoenix.Icemn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2012-12-16 20:16:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Shiva.Keyera said: »
Aftermath is evidently getting recognized as Amnesia in many cases. His xml probably has rules that automatically cancel all JAs if Amnesia is active to prevent unwanted gearswaps, whereas it sounds like yours does not.

Before the fix I had commented out my cancel rule for WS and it still didn't let me do any JA/WS with AM3 up. It works fine now but commenting it out didn't work for me, so idk.
 Asura.Clairxi
サーバ: Asura
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2012-12-16 23:53:04  
After changing out my recast file I tried loading it and it still isn't working. Still comes up as "Unknown Error". My boyfriend downloaded the newest recast and it works perfectly fine on his. Tried downloading the file and still "unknown error". The only thing we can come up with is that he uses Windows 7 & mine is XP. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix the problem?
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-17 00:47:34  
ty vm for the fixes~
 Asura.Chexmix
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2012-12-17 01:15:00  
Asura.Clairxi said: »
After changing out my recast file I tried loading it and it still isn't working. Still comes up as "Unknown Error". My boyfriend downloaded the newest recast and it works perfectly fine on his. Tried downloading the file and still "unknown error". The only thing we can come up with is that he uses Windows 7 & mine is XP. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix the problem?

Did you try completely deleting the plugin?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-17 01:34:10  
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Even with the new update I'm still having the same problem. The Hume issue seems resolved, but I'm still blinking... even after adjusting the settings.
Yeah, blinking is causing a number of issues for my group since we all dual. Even when I'm playing solo, it just feels distracting to blink constantly in fights.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-12-17 11:44:27  
Blinkmenot 2.41 does nothing for me either

I tried putting both alwaysself and alwaysothers to on but i still blink myself when i change gear.

Well at least i will not have follow issues quad boxing
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-12-17 14:04:33  
hume bmn works better than the current one.

is there a way to just change that hume glitch to a mithra??
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-17 16:34:44  
Is anyone else experiencing random crashes when zoning?

I don't get it very often. But occasionally I will zone and it will randomly crash POL
By Xavierr 2012-12-17 16:35:42  
I have also been randomly crashing when zoning. Doesn't matter what zone, just completely random.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-17 16:42:49  
Plasticsurgeon loaded?
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-17 18:01:20  
From my init file:

Quote:
load TParty
load TimeStamp
load SSOrganizer
load Silence
load Recast
load Distance
load ConsoleBG
//load Blinkmenot
load Autoexec
load Spellcast
load Gearcollector

Yes, Recast is up to date. I'm not loading Blinkmenot until it's fixed
 Cerberus.Elistriell
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elistriell 2012-12-17 19:06:47  
is there an infobar fix yet?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2012-12-17 19:11:36  
Neeeevermind, Blinkmenot still doesn't work for me. It worked for a couple days, but for some reason it doesn't now... Imissyoublinkmenot
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-12-17 20:00:26  
I haven't seen any new info, anyone know if BlinkMeNot has had a fix yet?
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-12-17 20:06:44  
Sylph.Siccmade said: »
I haven't seen any new info, anyone know if BlinkMeNot has had a fix yet?
Nope.
 Sylph.Mesheef
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2012-12-17 20:11:10  
still having issues with recast, deleted the file completely and downloaded new version. doesn't crash pol but not getting any evidence of it even loading.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-17 21:32:48  
This one doesn't have any options but does prevent gear swaps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23wqoresw3uloz2/BlinkMeNot.dll
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-12-17 21:34:46  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
This one doesn't have any options but does prevent gear swaps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23wqoresw3uloz2/BlinkMeNot.dll
i *** love you, no homo
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-12-17 21:56:28  
Oh nice, can't login for a few hours but thanks in advance Byrth.