Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-14 20:00:43  
Full clear 2 boxed? I know a certain recent poster 2box+1 full cleared a zone
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-14 20:01:56  
I don't know if it was full clear or not, but they killed both bosses. 2box +1 should definitely have no problem clearing all the NMs + bosses as long as you don't go on the gear slaughter side-quests I've had the misfortune of undertaking.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-14 20:03:52  
You have to clear all lower NMs to be able to pop both bosses, don't you? I haven't been following everything on BG, but of our two BR runs, the first time we skipped one NM and killed everything else, and only got 1nm, and 2nd we killed everything and got nq and HQ cerb
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-14 20:04:29  
I'm convinced the sub-boss pop condition is killing the named chariot on the 6th floor. That aside, even 2 box, if you know how to pop things killing all the NMs is easy, they aren't very threatening.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-14 20:06:39  
We def killed the named chariot and didn't get the NQ to pop
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-14 20:08:13  
I'm not sure then, even so, popping most of the NMs seems pretty simple. We timed out on the HQ boss in Ara II because we bothered to kill all 30 triple gears on Floor 5 <.>
 Lakshmi.Deces
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2012-12-14 20:21:31  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
12-14-2012 02:13 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Happy Friday!

I’d like to comment a bit on the high-level Salvage content based on everyone’s feedback thus far since the version update took place. While it might not address the current topic of equipment rewards, I feel it gives a bit more insight into the content. However, we will be sure to pass along the equipment related feedback to the development team right away!

With the recent high-level Salvage expansion we wanted to make it possible so that players with less experience could aim to clear the content without getting stuck on certain aspects.

Based on this objective, we balanced the content in such a way so that a party of roughly 6 players can clear it, and made it possible so that with the right amount of battle power you would be able to clear it comparatively faster. (It seems like there are already quite a few players who have managed to clear the content with less than 6 party members. Good job! )

For those of you who are well versed with the original Salvage content, you might be feeling that this content is a bit easy.

As a method of fostering skillful play for our veteran players, we’ve set up the content so that special routes can be taken to obtain more items more efficiently and made it so you can feel your achievements even more from spending time and heavily challenging the same routes.

For example, depending on your objective – if you are selecting a route to go after the equipment that you want of if you are selecting a route that will yield a great deal of alexandrite – your battle strategy will change.

With that said, we’d love it if you can fervently seek out these elements and take on the challenge, and let us know what you think.
Subscribe
Dose anyone else think Camate uses exclamation marks incorrectly too often?
 Bahamut.Eorphere
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2012-12-14 20:25:51  
If I have read all the info correctly, then in order to get the +1 gear (which is the better of the two new sets???), you need to have the completed piece from previous salvage. Even if the new content is fairly easy to complete with few players, the time it will take to start from scratch to get the 15, 25, 35, 45, and 15-50 (I think I read somewhere) of the upgrade items still might make the gear somewhat difficult (time consuming- not to get into that argument) to obtain. For those who have the completed items already, some time is saved (and rightfully so imo- even though they have nerfed drop rates and it is obviously easier at 99).

I don't know, I did a lot of Salvage at 75 and spent a lot of time and gil just for my Morrigan's Robe (took like 9 months for 3 of us to get when that was the ONLY goal). Of course I also got some random pieces here and there for other items, so I am not saying 9 months of work went into just the 3 Morrigan's pieces. After the 85ish cap, I started to do Salvage pretty much every day with the goal of getting 5/5 of all 5 sets. For 2 reasons, 1. Completion of my favorite event and 2. In preparation for the day that Salvage 2.0 would enter my life (in hopes that the best gear would be upgrades of the completed pieces). With a max TH THF I am still one piece short (Ares head 35).

All that being said, I really don't know what to think now. I can't wait to delve into the new Salvage, but will I think it is too easy? Too hard? Is 50 (or however many you need for a +1 body) upgrade items too much? Too few? Is the idea of these upgrade items stupid? I have so many questions and have not yet stepped foot in 2.0.

I guess the point of this post is to announce my excitement, and the fact that I feel that maybe some of the complaints are not warranted (again, SOME). I wonder how many people complaining about it never even stepped in Salvage 1.0. I wonder how many people who did Salvage 1.0 casually are upset because they don't have the completed gear for the +1s they want. Hell, on the same token, I wonder how many people had 5/5 before all the nerfs and are upset because now to get the +1s, all you need to do is breeze through the content and put a little time in. Maybe not many people fall into this category. I know personally one player who quit after they added the battle augments such that you could get a Genie Weskit that was better for nukes than Morrigan's Robe (and iirc it was actually just the NQ Weskit).

My rant may be pointless on most levels and to most people. But all I really want to say is that I am pumped for this new Salvage, and that I have been preparing for this pretty much since Magian Trials came out and SE said they planned on allowing augments or upgrades to "our most prized gear." I hope I got that quote correct. Anyway, good luck to those doing the content, and sorry to those who thought it would be something different. I am just happy they are allowing us to upgrade our current gear. That stuff took me ages to get.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-14 20:28:15  
Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
If I have read all the info correctly, then in order to get the +1 gear (which is the better of the two new sets???)

Highly dependent on piece and job you're looking to use it for. Some of the newer set items are pretty decent as well, but yes you have it correct (old salvage item + 45 piece + lots of papers + coins = salvage+1)
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-14 20:55:51  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Highly dependent on piece and job you're looking to use it for. Some of the newer set items are pretty decent as well, but yes you have it correct (old salvage item + 45 piece + lots of papers + coins = salvage+1)

Thats depressing. If I came back I certainly wouldnt want to go do old salvage -_-
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-12-14 20:56:53  
Old Salvage is a joke now, you walk out with at least 1 35 unless the zone is called Bhaflau Remnants then you get kicked in the balls and laughed at.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-14 21:02:14  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Old Salvage is a joke now, you walk out with at least 1 35 unless the zone is called Bhaflau Remnants then you get kicked in the balls and laughed at.

so if you needed the usu feet....
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-12-14 21:05:39  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Still going to be praying to the RNG gods to spawn bees. If you happen to get the bees however you'll prolly get the 35 feets.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-14 21:15:12  
Still going to be praying to the RNG gods to spawn bees. If you happen to get the bees however you'll prolly get the 35 feets.

They could have done whatever they wanted to make it challenging to acquire gear without it being even remotely related to Old Salvage, just like they did with NNI. Pretty much at a loss for words atm.
 Asura.Aerox
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2012-12-15 18:12:08  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

That Bee pop is still such a pain, 45 on first Neo salvage run and still no 35 /rage.

Loving the 45 from boss/paper system, relatively easy to to Trio too can't see most people having a problem with the zones.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-18 11:37:10  
12-18-2012 07:04 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Salvage

I spoke with the staff responsible for Salvage regarding future adjustment plans.

The result of our talk was that we plan to make adjustments to increase the drop rates for equipment obtained in the previous Salvage (Lv 35~).

Additionally, for Bhaflau Remnants (also known as "Bhafknock"*), in addition to the adjustment above, we're also planning to change it so that the equipment drops from monsters other than the original NMs.

Increased occurrences of NMs would affect the alexandrite yield (since cotton coinpurses drop in addition to the higher drop rate equipment), but we plan to make this adjustment in such a way that it will increase the chance for you to get the equipment that you're looking for.

{{*Apparently this is some JP nickname given to Bhaflau, assumedly because of the ramparts. I never heard it before so I'm just guessing on the translation, but that makes sense.}}

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-18 11:41:00  
alittle late no?
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-12-18 11:56:25  
The game moves too fast for anything to be a challenge.

I'm just excited to be close to upgrading to Skadi body +1 on dancer. I do like my town gear.

Even if the gear is incrementally better or even sub par, I'm going to do it because it's fun!

DIE CELLS DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!

Sorry. Some updates are good.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-12-18 11:59:15  
Whats the most skadi plans you're getting each run? Max ive managed is 8. At 20/45 in 3 runs of AR.
 Sylph.Peldin
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-18 12:01:36  
I didn't start playing this game until just a couple years ago. I've been fairly proud of myself for completing all the city missions to get to Rank 10. I've done all the Rise of the Zilart missions, Chains of Promathia, Wings of the Goddess, etc etc. The only expansion that I never really did much in was Treasures of Aht Urghan because nothing from there was particularly useful for the jobs I play.

With Salvage v2.0, there are a few upgrades now. However, with 0 assault points and no salvage experience whatsoever, it looks like I have a long LONG road ahead of me.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-18 12:03:14  
Sylph.Peldin said: »
I didn't start playing this game until just a couple years ago. I've been fairly proud of myself for completing all the city missions to get to Rank 10. I've done all the Rise of the Zilart missions, Chains of Promathia, Wings of the Goddess, etc etc. The only expansion that I never really did much in was Treasures of Aht Urghan because nothing from there was particularly useful for the jobs I play.

With Salvage v2.0, there are a few upgrades now. However, with 0 assault points and no salvage experience whatsoever, it looks like I have a long LONG road ahead of me.

Tbh Salvage is very simple, just get 2 ppl to do an assault and blitz through it, at 99 they're a joke.

Salvage is easy, get a few good peeps, decide who has priority for weapon / ja unlocks etc stick to it and just zerg fest the ***out of it. Using the routes shown on wiki.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-18 12:04:41  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
just get 2 ppl to do an assault and blitz thrugh it
You don't know how tough it is to actually keep the static alive for this <.<
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-18 12:05:26  
Only a few special requirements needed for a few NM's but you can erad up on those fairly simple.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-18 12:06:39  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
just get 2 ppl to do an assault and blitz thrugh it
You don't know how tough it is to actually keep the static alive for this <.<

Really? Because my ls has like 20 people constantly asking about assaults / salvage x.x
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-18 12:07:24  
Everyone says they want to do assaults, then one week later no one shows up anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-12-18 12:09:25  
Quote:
Tbh Salvage is very simple, just get 2 ppl to do an assault and blitz through it, at 99 they're a joke.

Salvage is easy, get a few good peeps, decide who has priority for weapon / ja unlocks etc stick to it and just zerg fest the ***out of it. Using the routes shown on wiki.

SADFACE. I am one of those Q_Qer's that see this and think it's easy and that old Salvage gear was truly persevered for. I don't mind the new content, I just wish the sacred salvage was tougher and the gear rare and harder to get. I guess that's what Seekers is for.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-18 12:12:59  
Don't get me wrong, the mobs etc bosses are easy, but I've only seen 2 items drop :/
 Carbuncle.Nezea
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2012-12-18 12:20:06  
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Salvage
Increased occurrences of NMs would affect the alexandrite yield (since cotton coinpurses drop in addition to the higher drop rate equipment)
Subscribe

And the devs feel this would be a problem, because...?
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-18 12:26:25  
Carbuncle.Nezea said: »
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Salvage
Increased occurrences of NMs would affect the alexandrite yield (since cotton coinpurses drop in addition to the higher drop rate equipment)
Subscribe

Because then we could be like MYTHIC WHM'S ONRY for VW.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-18 12:27:42  
Carbuncle.Nezea said: »
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding Salvage
Subscribe

Can't have mythics be reasonably obtainable. Overpriced Alex bring their trump card to keep one thing out of reach for most people. You'd think mythics were the best for every or even many jobs the way they defend the time investment in them.