日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Verethragna
Verethragna
 Siren.Fupafighters
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 20:33:27  
"It's likely possible". "Dragua would own MOST thins solo".
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 20:36:35  
Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Possible and probable are extremely different, fyi.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2012-12-24 20:40:32  
Dude I bet if I were online, I could kill ANY mob in abyssea.... Have any of you ever heard of sea daughter and speed movement gear? I could kill dragua on naked *** brd with a ***dagger and evisceration.

this would be pretty tedious, considering his passive regen, you'd prolly need to farm extra time before this happens since you'd be barely breaking 1k on evis like this <.<

It was already mentioned, but the thing that made Alfard relatively easy and tame was his horrible accuracy, and his 1 TP move he's restricted to on his tail being able to be taken through shadows. Dragua has his Regen, pretty nasty TP moves and his -ja's/-ga's/Slow. There's also his immunity(or high resistance, not sure) to Elegy, making it pretty hard to tank reliably, since that leaves you open for a pretty high chance to get hit while shadows are down frequently, resulting in an en-petrify proc eventually. I'm not gonna say a BRD with decked out DD/MDT/Evasion sets couldn't do it straight tanking it, I really don't see it happening(with consistency), but I'm not saying it's impossible either, lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2012-12-24 20:45:11  
Bio -----> kite.

People still waste their time kiting things in abyssea?
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 20:51:31  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Do they both have the outcome of winning given certain conditions? Yes....
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-24 20:53:22  
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 20:55:56  
Mainly, don't waste your time soloing dragua, as you would be far better off just brewing that idiot if your plan is to solo on pup... As far as the other things, people can believe what they want. I've soloed basically all NM in abyssea that would be deamed as a threat, and my strats wouldn't change that much regardless of job.... just use proper atmas.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 20:57:15  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I was told brd couldn't solo dragua, and he even then admitted it is "possible".... So suck on a nice fat slushy.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 20:57:48  
Oh also, did you all know that you can RESIST PETRIFY very easily?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-24 20:59:24  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I was told brd couldn't solo dragua, and he even then admitted it is "possible".... So suck on a nice fat slushy.
Not a single person said it was impossible. They said it's improbable.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 21:07:31  
Mainly, don't waste your time soloing dragua, as you would be far better off just brewing that idiot if your plan is to solo on pup... As far as the other things, people can believe what they want. I've soloed basically all NM in abyssea that would be deamed as a threat, and my strats wouldn't change that much regardless of job.... just use proper atmas.
We get it, you're cool for spending 90 minutes bio/evisceration kiting dragua.

Meanwhile, a duo could spend that 90 minutes doing the following:
-Cap amber.
-Cap azure.
-Cruor chain detectors and dolls/bombs by standing relatively close, avoid ruby.
-Get 2 dragua pops and 200k cruor in 40 minutes.
-Brew those in 5 minutes.
-Repeat.

or, they could kill the PH then dragua with WAR + WHM every 12 minutes and fit in 1 catastrophe-cleave of the wyverns while waiting on repop. Either results in well over double the loot per person compared to soloing, not to even speak of the time you spend getting pops or the high risk you wipe and lose your trigger/time.

Soloing in abyssea is incredibly impractical, and even if you were to do so due to lack of other options then BRD would not be the job to use.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 21:08:08  
Austar, once again you prove you're easy to troll lol. Gonna go do Christmas stuff while you sit here and bicker to random people online and take it seriously. Brd can beat dragua with little effort given skill and proper gear. Have fun....
 Phoenix.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2012-12-24 21:10:15  
After farming Dragua a long time, since I got wife and my Vere to 90, while it could be "soloable" by some jobs, it would be a really tedious process and I don't think the reward would be worth the heartache of soloing and wiping to a Dragua because of that one time you didn't resist petrify from Terra Wing. Or that one time he does Stonega IV and then follow with an enpetrify. Nothing more defeating than the time we got Dragua to 10% and we both got defeated by a Terra Wing petrify and had no chance of recovery and watching someone else just beat up our wyrm and getting our scales.

I duo Dragua as MNK and WHM and there are still times that barpetra would not help resist and my wife would get petrified and then I'd have to hope that while I'm using temp items and waiting for her's to wear, he wouldn't land enpetrify on a melee attack or use stonega IV as my barstonra wore followed with a TP move. Stuff like that happens.

If you really want to get Vere(90) and you have friend(s) online, why not make it into a multiple trip to Altepa[A] and have a mage friend help out. This game doesn't have to be a "solo onry" or "dualbox onry" game.

Also his stoneskin + regen would make any Bio attempt a horrible nightmare.

tl;dr? Well I hope the best of luck on you and your attempts at obtaining Vere(90)! They are worth the effort and a great piece for PUP or MNK. =)
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 21:10:25  
Austar, once again you prove you're easy to troll lol. Gonna go do Christmas stuff while you sit here and bicker to random people online and take it seriously. Brd can beat dragua with little effort given skill and proper gear. Have fun....
AF3+2 feet are not hard to obtain and running for 2 hours is not skill. You are not going to convince anyone there isn't a significant risk of death, a single high-duration ultimate terror over the course of your fight will end it. It's incredibly impractical, and the only reason to do it would be to say you did. Unfortunately, that's just the equivalent of saying 'I went 2 hours without getting unlucky!', there's no 'skill' involved in bio/evisceration kiting.

Oh, and just fyi, reaffirming your point while claiming you were trolling is a bit counterproductive. Do you understand what trolling is?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-24 21:13:00  
Austar, once again you prove you're easy to troll lol.
You don't know the definition of troll. Terrible attempt at saving face, too.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-24 21:16:07  
I started the trolling, by mentioning brd soloing dragua. Look what that has caused. Don't know the definition of troll? Here In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Noobs... Now cya later lol.
 Phoenix.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2012-12-24 21:17:28  
I'd like to see a video of this fight. I'll watch the whole hour and a half fight for a "lets hope this wyrm drops 2 scales" fight.

Lets say though it takes an hour to kill Dragua with that tactic though. And he drops 2 scales every time. For easy math sake. That means you'll have to pop it 38 times. 38 * 60 min fight. That's 2,280 minutes all together. That's 38 hours of soloing for some H2H upgrade. And that's not including getting possibly petrified, wiping, KI gold chest farming, NM KI farming, going afk to use the bathroom or getting food. Any other variables you'd like to include. That seems like a hellish way to play this game. i.i;;
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-12-24 21:17:51  
Why would you want to solo Dragua? You can do him solo on BST, SMN, maybe PUP, but he's a 4-8 minute fight as MNK + WHM. Don't make life harder than it has to be.
[+]
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2012-12-24 21:21:31  
I started the trolling, by mentioning brd soloing dragua. Look what that has caused. Don't know the definition of troll? Here In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. Noobs... Now cya later lol.

Have you ever made a post that didn't make you look like a complete moron?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-24 21:22:43  
Nobody is getting emotional except you. And you're so stupid that I just assume all of your posts are just full of derp, guess you trolled me so hard. Wait, no, they're still just derp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-12-24 21:25:58  
The best option by far for "soloing" a verethragna would be to make gil and simply buy pops or items. You could make enough for 2 chloris pops per day(assuming 500/each, sounds fairly reasonable to some people)even if you were awful at dynamis farming. You would probably want to kill yourself by the time you finished if you farmed all of your KIs solo.
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-26 00:46:35  
Well I got you to respond, Austar, which makes me laugh. And as far as soloing dragua, no thanks. I wouldn't even waste my time with that. I was simply just saying "It's so easy brd could solo it", meaning a pup should have no damn problems, especially if he can go out of his way to make gear sets. Too damn easy to *** with you all.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-26 00:55:29  
Well I got you to respond, Austar, which makes me laugh. And as far as soloing dragua, no thanks. I wouldn't even waste my time with that. I was simply just saying "It's so easy brd could solo it", meaning a pup should have no damn problems, especially if he can go out of his way to make gear sets. Too damn easy to *** with you all.

Austar, while occasionally (well, most of the time) mean, is not an idiot. You appear to be an idiot. Should probably realize everyone can tell that before you go patting yourself on the back about "trolling".
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-12-26 01:02:44  
The mean part is why I like to mess with Austar. Every day Austar answers peoples questions with hate...why?
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-26 01:04:59  
The mean part is why I like to mess with Austar. Every day Austar answers peoples questions with hate...why?

Answer hate with hate? Austar is nice and informative to me, but I'm never a *** towards Aus...
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-12-26 01:06:45  

Every day people say and do dumb ***. We're on the Internet, where if you call someone out for being an idiot, (almost) no one loses their job.

Austar has hurt my feelings before, but they are just feelings. And they were right. Are you right? About anything?
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-12-26 01:14:12  
Every day Austar answers peoples questions with hate...why?
She tends to try to stop the spread of stupidity on these forums and call people out on their stupidity if they are wearing said name tag.

You just happen to have such a big name tag that when you post she probably tries to make sure no one is gullible enough to listen, because that just means more nonsensical questions she has to deal with later on from people on these forums.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2012-12-26 01:19:42  
He. He tends to yadda-yadda-yadda-for-the-good-of-the-forums.

But really Fupa, just stop.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-26 01:33:51  
AF3+2 feet are not hard to obtain and running for 2 hours is not skill. You are not going to convince anyone there isn't a significant risk of death, a single high-duration ultimate terror over the course of your fight will end it. It's incredibly impractical, and the only reason to do it would be to say you did. Unfortunately, that's just the equivalent of saying 'I went 2 hours without getting unlucky!', there's no 'skill' involved in bio/evisceration kiting.

Oh, and just fyi, reaffirming your point while claiming you were trolling is a bit counterproductive. Do you understand what trolling is?

Bold: Come on bro, SAGASINGER/Vorpal Blade!
Underline: Hey now, Requiem adjustments!!!!1!
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2012-12-26 04:23:27  
Oh also, did you all know that you can RESIST PETRIFY very easily?

I have yet to resist Terror.
[+]