Did You Lose Interest Is FFXI...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Did you lose interest is FFXI...
Did you lose interest is FFXI...
First Page 2 3 4
 Diabolos.Majere
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
By Diabolos.Majere 2009-06-16 21:48:39  
...when they announced FFXIV? It totally killed FFXI for me. What I mean is it made me feel like anything I would achieve or accomplish would really be for nothing considering I know that I will switch to XIV the day it his the shelves.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Argento
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-16 21:50:19  
Well, my thing is, I still enjoy playing FFXI, so even if I switch over and never touch FFXI again, that's still a year's worth of entertainment I'm losing out on.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-16 21:51:53  
Nope.
didnt lose interest at all.
and I'm guessing FFXIV will turn into a wow ripoff so that makes me less excited.
[+]
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-16 21:56:54  
Ludoggy said:
Nope.
didnt lose interest at all.

^This.

I'm not giving up FFXI for FFXIV, not unless all my friends move...I play FFXI more for the friendships then the actual game lol

TBH, I'm really hoping my friends don't move...I'm done with the MMO thing after FFXI has run it's course for me.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-16 21:58:36  
Instantaniously lost any interest in returning to FFXI. >_> Hopefully it's done right.
 Hades.Rieyuu
サーバ: Hades
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 22:06:26  
not going to happen anytime soonsih -.- just got into this game!
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-16 22:08:35
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Dood f???? SE they released camp body 1year after the release of the other piece

>.>

I kinda lost interest in achieving anything big in FFXI (relic/usu gear)

so yes it did kinda kill it for me

but until then I will enjoy it
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-06-16 22:15:39  
I lost a bit of interest actually when summer hit. My siblings were out of school and I had other things to do and movies started coming out in theaters and me being a geeky fangirl of sorts, I fell in love with stalking fandoms >.> (/coughstartrekmovie) so I was distracted and when you havent played ff11 for a day or two you start losing the will to log in.

I supposed ff14 being announced didnt help much but I blame star trek solely.

Its a faze though Im sure, as soon as I get bored squeeling I usually log back in..except now my ff11 computer is busted and I have to wait for it to get fixed.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-16 22:21:50

Majere said:
...when they announced FFXIV? It totally killed FFXI for me. What I mean is it made me feel like anything I would achieve or accomplish would really be for nothing considering I know that I will switch to XIV the day it his the shelves.

I think anyone who gets into an MMO has to accept this fact the moment they create an account.

There is no game over, no reset button, no staff/credit roll. The game simply goes on until service is shut down or you say you've had enough. But frankly I'm still having fun, I still enjoy the game and there are still many things I want to do and accomplish regardless of whether or not it'll be meaningless or not or come to a sudden end a few years from now.
 Fairy.Rikhu
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-06-16 22:22:23  
if my brother and some of my friend move to FFXIV,i will go too.

About 90% gear i want already been archieved, maybe FFXI will be the last MMORPG for me.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-06-16 22:22:55

As a matter of fact... yes, I did lose interest.

I don't have time for two massive MMORPG's. I believe FFXI has run it's course, and the only way to continue on would be to take up FFXIV. Not much point in continuing FFXI when it's all going to be for naught.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 22:26:39  
Rikhu said:
if my brother and some of my friend move to FFXIV,i will go too.

About 90% gear i want already been archieved, maybe FFXI will be the last MMORPG for me.

FFXIV is gonna be an mmorpg too =P
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-16 22:26:42  
I don't plan to switch over to FFXIV, so I'm still happy with XI. My main hope is that my ls doesn't fall apart and that my friends don't all leave. I <3 my ls and my friends!
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 22:31:51  
Liela said:
I don't plan to switch over to FFXIV, so I'm still happy with XI. My main hope is that my ls doesn't fall apart and that my friends don't all leave. I <3 my ls and my friends!

we can still be friends =P
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-16 22:39:51  
lol aww thanks Rieyuu. I'll stay friends with any of them for as long as they all want, just don't want to lose contact over a game switch is all.
 Hades.Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-16 22:42:11  
yeah can't say I'm excited for 14 to come out -.- might make nm camping easier though =P
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-16 22:43:45  
Rieyuu said:
yeah can't say I'm excited for 14 to come out -.- might get rid of nm camping =P

Fixed.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-16 22:50:56  
FF14 Gimme a personal Airship!
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-06-16 23:11:00  
*** 140M relics and *** 18 man god fights!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-17 00:26:45  
Bartimaeus said:
I don't get the whole "well a new mmo is out so everything we're doing is for nothing" attitude.

- New MMO's come out all the time.
- We knew this one WOULD be coming out, and people still played xi.

Essentially anything you do in ANY game is for nothing, if you're looking for a materialistic profit.

I'll stick with xi until I'VE done everything. /shrug
In this case I think the main apathy towards 11 is because everyone's expecting 14 to just be a much improved and overall better version of 11, so dealing with all the problems and shitty systems and mechanics of 11 isn't too appealing. Plus we can sort of see the end of 11 in sight, not necessarily when 14 is released, but the game's content is running pretty dry and everything worth doing after awhile just becomes impractical for the average player. Right now I'm looking at Salvage bodies, relics and super rare HNM drops that no one can get unless you sell your soul to some random botter LS for a few months. With that in mind, I'd much rather just take a nice long break from MMOs altogether until 14 comes out and take a crack at it again. 11 just isn't worth it to me any longer, and I suspect most people who lost interest have done so for similar reasons. :3
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-06-17 00:31:23  
Talk to people who still play Everquest I and those who play Everquest II. Enough said.
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-17 00:37:49  
Zekky said:
Talk to people who still play Everquest I and those who play Everquest II. Enough said.

I never spent much time with EQ. Why is it that so many stuck with EQ1? Was EQ2 just that much worse?
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Nixie
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-06-17 00:38:18  
Yea i've pretty much lost interest in the game. Not really because of 14, but mostly because i feel a lot more distant nowdays from my friends. Everyone's always too busy.
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-06-17 00:40:35  
Argento said:
Zekky said:

I never spent much time with EQ. Why is it that so many stuck with EQ1? Was EQ2 just that much worse?

I know people who swear by EQ2 and then people who say EQ1 is the better of the two. Difference in experience, what they want from a story line or MMO... Could be a lot of things. I don't see myself wanting to play FF XIV personally. XI is where I'll draw the line.
 Gilgamesh.Shadowchaser
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Shadowchaser 2009-06-17 00:44:53  
I see no reason to start all over again with a new game when i still enjoy FFXI! All my friends and most of shell are not gonna start over
either we all figure when ppl leave for new game better for us less ppl to fight for NM's with less lag with the ppl gone so we are looking at it as a +
and as long as ppl keep paying for FFXI it will keep going they are not gonna shut down a money maker just because a new game is out.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-17 00:54:06  
Zekky said:
I have no idea why people play one or the other, so for me, enough said doesn't cover much. lol I've never played EQ 1 or 2 at all, so I don't know if those games have all the broke ***XI players have come to know and deal with. Once you've dealt with all the problems for years it's easy to shirk them off, but finding out a game that's made by the same people who gave us awesome races, jobs and stories but with much more experience under their belt sounds pretty *** hot. lol FF14 to me means the possibilities of not having to camp against shells every 24 hours; not having to schedule Dynas with a whole server; not spending 3-4 hours PER event not including prep and travel times to make any real progress; not dealing with bots of any kind; better skillups and crafting; better, smarter battle mechanics; and a load of other ***I can't even think of right now. None of that stuff is guaranteed or even hinted, but the prospect of considering those changes in comparison to all that is wrong with XI really doesn't leave much room left to give a ***about the game. lol Just my opinion, but it seems pretty prevalent so far.

Anytime I log-on now is just to spend time with friends, really.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-17 00:59:35  
Caiyuo said:
In this case I think the main apathy towards 11 is because everyone's expecting 14 to just be a much improved and overall better version of 11, so dealing with all the problems and shitty systems and mechanics of 11 isn't too appealing.

The thing that gets me about it, though, is how many people think that FFXIV is just going to be a "new, improved FFXI", that FFXI was nothing but a big beta test for XIV, or that FFXI is broken in some way and they are eager to move on.

For one thing, we don't really know how FFXIV is going to be...we've got a couple minutes of trailer and some really basic Q&A. FFXIV may be nothing like FFXI, and probably won't be. They may change the core game play so much, in trying to appeal to a broader crowd (which makes all the business sense in the world) that a lot of FFXI players may be alienated by FFXIV. People ready to bail on FFXI for the new one may be severely disappointed by the new offering. Look at FFVIII...Square (don't think they were SE yet then) wanted to try something completely different from their last installment, which was a ridiculously huge hit, and a LOT of people were not happy at all with the result. I was one of them (although, in retrospect, I think I was too harsh on the game, and want to give it another shot now that I've "matured" a bit, so to speak)

And in the suggestion threads, so many people rant and rave how they don't want to play WoW, but so many suggestions are modified versions of things WoW does. SE, from a business standpoint, would be stupid to NOT incorporate those things that make WoW as popular as it is. I guarantee that it's gonna be geared more towards casual play...the only real press I've seen about FFXI lately is how that one LS fought PW for 18 hours straight, and the negative fallout from that. You think SE isn't going to look at that and say "Players don't like that, the general public doesn't like that, we're not doing that this time around"?

Soloability in this new game is guaranteed as well. We want to be able to solo, it's obvious. SE added things like Campaign and FoV to give us some soloability in FFXI, but it obviously wasn't enough, so expect the new game to have soloing be a pretty core component. I don't necessarily agree with it; if you can solo, what's the point of joining parties at all, outside of raiding?. I mean, what, we just gonna get together once a week to do the new version of Dynamis and Salvage and spend the rest of our time grinding our levels on our own?

Anyways, for the people that are just tired of FFXI and want something new, I totally understand. I just don't see what FFXIV has to do with it though. I mean, so many people are chomping at the bit to get the hell out of Vana'diel, I hear it in game how "tired people are of the *** grind" and "the same tired ***day after day"...if it sucks so bad why do you play FFXI at all? I wouldn't play a game that was free if it bored me to tears, let alone pay for it...

Oh well...for those that dip out ASAP for the new game I hope they enjoy it. I'm just not gonna be too surprised if I see some people back in FFXI a few weeks later...and with a renewed appreciation for it, flaws and all.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-17 01:12:11  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Well put, good sir!
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako