[Dev] Planned Adjustments And Enmity System Explanation

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » [Dev] Planned Adjustments and Enmity System Explanation
[Dev] Planned Adjustments and Enmity System Explanation
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
By Artemicion 2013-03-19 12:29:37  
How dare you interrupt Bohemian Rhapsody!!

[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-19 12:37:42  
Leviathan.Starcade said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Leviathan.Tohihroyu said: »
You're really funny bro. Even as a Galka you suffer from "All galka look alike" syndrome. My Galka boyfriend has white hair, mostly plays blu & nin and is named Argusx.

And I get it guys, you don't like me posting here. I'll be nice and remove my gimpy posts~ I'm a little surprised I have not shown up in BG's gimp list yet, but then again I guess you're afraid my "boyfriend" Starcade will rant about you, oh! since you think I'm his girlfriend will you make up a fun little story about how I ruined his relationship with Rosiana? do it do it! I want some bad fanfiction to laugh at, don't forget to add that i'm aprently just as or more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE then Rosiana too, since you like to use that too, perhaps toss in more stupid memes and hell make assumptions about sexual encounters!
What did I just read? Is there a joke I'm missing somewhere in here?

Several.

Quetzacoatl said: »

I'd almost like to see you try.

Idiot.

People like you will not only kill FFXI, but the entire Final Fantasy franchise.

One of the biggest mistakes Square-Enix ever made was trying to cater to little trolls like you.
you're just mad that I'm right; Right now you're sucking SE's *** about their incompetence with improving game functionality and rejecting our own ideas by calling us cheaters. What did we do when all of our implementation ideas were rejected? Took matters into our own hands.

Keep having fun eating your own ***for breakfast, it makes the day a lot more hilarious.
[+]
 Leviathan.Baidos
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Baidos
By Leviathan.Baidos 2013-03-19 15:51:53  
Pull my trigger now he is dead... was it really that hard?
By Tsol 2013-03-19 16:03:49  
Yes it was because, Mama, life had just begun
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-19 16:05:19  
Should have stopped at "to me". Now's just boring.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-19 16:07:30  
Should have stopped at "to me". Now's just boring.
would've much more epic if it didn't get interrupted D:
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-03-19 16:08:19  
Artemicion said: »
How dare you interrupt Bohemian Rhapsody!!
Just gonna leave this here...
By Artemicion 2013-03-19 16:13:49  
Looks like Maynard went off the deep end... again.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-03-19 16:45:19  
By Baidos 2013-03-19 17:35:49  
I blame SE for giving us nothing interesting to talk about...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-19 19:44:02  
03-19-2013 10:17 AM
[BG source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Mocchi: Various Responses

[[Someone asked about adjustments to reduce damage taken based on level correction.]]

We received a response on this from Matsui.

Sorry about that, we're also making adjustments for level difference correction. To be specific, it will be adjusted so that there will be no level difference compensation for monsters that will be added in the "Seekers of Adoulin" expansion.

When you compare a fight with no level difference correction and a fight with level difference correction, the damage taken by the player with the same defense is reduced more in the former.

[[Someone asked about H2H weapon adjustment.]]

The maximum damage value that can be dealt is based on the attack/defense ratio which will be adjusted in the same way for both hand-to-hand weapons and one-handed melee weapons. Therefore, fighting with hand-to-hand weapons and one-handed melee weapons should result in more damage dealt than in the past.

[[Someone asked what happened to the magic adjustment.]]

We're getting ready to make these adjustments to the test server to gather feedback from everyone. Once things calm down after the release of "Seekers of Adoulin," we'll have some more details.

[[Someone asked what happened to new SPs, thinking they would be timed together with the PD/Embrava nerf.]]

This was not the plan from the beginning, but it was one of the misunderstandings that originally caused us to postpone the adjustments to Embrava and Perfect defense.

In other words, we didn't originally intend to coordinate the addition of new SPs with the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava. After considering the impact of all of the adjustments to be introduced simultaneously, we have decided that now is a good time to implement those ability adjustments.

We ask for your understanding in this.

[[Someone asked about potential enmity adjustment to Cure VI.]]

There is no plan to change Cure VI yet. Because of the overall adjustments to enmity, the benefit of using Cure V is degraded, so we have only adjusted Cure V. For Cure VI, there will be no adjustments to the enmity or cure recovery value.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

03-19-2013 01:04 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Enmity System Explanation and Planned Adjustments

Greetings everyone!

I’d like to follow-up on a couple of questions in regards to the adjustments that are scheduled to take place during the March 27th version update.

SpankWustler said: »
I notice that no changes to Monster-Vs-Player level correction are mentioned here. Is something like that incoming and just not announced yet? Have plans changed in regard to it? Is a change to level correction coming later after seeing how things work with the new attack/defense calculations?

In case there was any question or confusion, we will be performing the level correction adjustments we mentioned previously. And going forward, enemies that appear in Seekers of Adoulin will not have level correction effects placed on them.

Rorrick said: »
Camate, can we get clarification on whether or not the attack ratio adjustments for one-handed weapons will apply to Hand-to-hand or not?

Previously we mentioned that we felt it would be best to adjust hand-to-hand weapons as a separate category, but this was specifically in relation to stat modifiers, and not for adjustments to the attack/defense ratio. For the attack/defense ratio maximum damage value, hand-to-hand weapons will receive the same adjustments as other single-handed weapons. With this, the amount of damage dealt via single-handed weapons and hand-to-hand weapons will see an increase.

Fermion said: »
Where is the Elemental Magic update?

In regards to the magic adjustments that were mentioned previously, once Seekers of Adoulin has been released and some time has passed we will be announcing the specifics on this. In the future we will be putting this data onto the Test Server for you all to try out and give feedback.

Economizer said: »
You are including the nearly useless Cure VI in the enmity reduction right? Right? (For the MP cost I almost expect Cure VI to reduce enmity...)

There will be no changes to Cure VI. With the upcoming enmity adjustments, the use of Cure V would become somewhat poor, so we will only be making adjustments to Cure V, and would like to keep the amount of HP recovered and enmity generated for Cure VI as it is currently.
Subscribe
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-19 19:46:46  
): damn. Was hoping to see some amazing reactions from certain people when MNK was excluded from the ratio adjustments
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-03-19 19:52:35  
Just means current high level NMs are about to start a$$ raping everyone.
By Quiznor 2013-03-19 19:54:26  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
): damn. Was hoping to see some amazing reactions from certain people when MNK was excluded from the ratio adjustments

There's plenty of other ways to get pchan to go mad
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-03-19 20:39:33  
Slycer said:

The maximum damage value that can be dealt is based on the attack/defense ratio which will be adjusted in the same way for both hand-to-hand weapons and one-handed melee weapons. Therefore, fighting with hand-to-hand weapons and one-handed melee weapons should result in more damage dealt than in the past.
Camate said:
Previously we mentioned that we felt it would be best to adjust hand-to-hand weapons as a separate category, but this was specifically in relation to stat modifiers, and not for adjustments to the attack/defense ratio. For the attack/defense ratio maximum damage value, hand-to-hand weapons will receive the same adjustments as other single-handed weapons. With this, the amount of damage dealt via single-handed weapons and hand-to-hand weapons will see an increase.

Wait, what? >_>
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-03-19 20:56:52  
Quiznor said: »

There's plenty of other ways to get pchan to go mad
dont forget kkk pup now gets more damage too!
/hides

srsly i'm more curious if this changes which R/E/M h2h+gearsets for mnk are better after this change.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-03-20 00:17:52  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
dont forget kkk pup now gets more damage too!
/hides
Why do I always think the wrong thing when I read that?
By Enuyasha 2013-03-20 00:21:03  
Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Slycer said:

Camate said:

Wait, what? >_>
cause you hold both weapons in the same han-damnit SE
 Leviathan.Starcade
サーバ: Leviathan
user: starcade
By Leviathan.Starcade 2013-03-20 20:54:08  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
You vastly under estimate how many people in this game use 3rd party tools. You should probably consider making your own MMO. An incredible amount of people would instantly quit if windower wasn't a thing.

And the game would shut down, right?

Got news for you: If the game requires illegal conduct to keep it alive, it needs to die.

There are three platforms to the game, and they should have equal access to the game.

The difference Windower provides is so great that it effectively obsoletes the other two platforms (and, in the eyes of many Windower users, non-Windower PC players as well!).

The problem is this: If what you say is the case, would players like me not be actionable as such scrubs/gimps that our presence in the game creates Game Disruption under the self-same Terms of Service?

I mean, it's like Major League Baseball these days. What took place in the "Windower" Era (the Steroid Era) was NOT baseball, and, now, so few real hitters exist within the game that the game becomes completely unmarketable to certain markets. (For example: The Jeffrey Loria Experience.)

Screw Windower. And if the game requires it to survive, then it needs to die.

People like you will not only kill FFXI, but the entire Final Fantasy franchise.
Oh I see now, you are the joke.
Got it.

I stand behind the statement I made. You guys have aided Square-Enix in making such unconscionable decisions (and forced several others on them -- the entire XIV timeline was blasted to pieces because SE needed to de-emphasize/phase out XI after the Salvage bans!) that the very future of the franchise is in danger.

I mean, the allowance of Windower (even though it is stated illegal) has fundamentally altered/flawed almost every mechanic in the game, because (as another shunned player said on the Official Forums) the Japanese were forced (because their players largely are on another platform) to counter-balance the game against you.

Hence, we get BARANCE!

Balance not one gameplay element against another, but one playerbase against another.

This is why you guys have had such a detrimental effect on the game, and the franchise, over the last half-decade or so.

I mean, listening to some of you jackalopes, Barry Bonds would be a first-ballot Hall of Famer! Am I right?
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-03-20 20:58:55  
And here we go
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-03-20 21:01:35  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
And here we go
The hilarity in these types of posts is that they act like windower itself is the problem and not certain third party tools in general. Windower, spellcast ,and the other base tools dont exactly make you a god. They just extend what we already have or expedite certain processes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-20 21:01:40  
that's the first time I've seen the word "jackalope" used as an insult. I'm genuinely impressed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-20 21:06:32  
Perhaps he meant jackanape?

Lol, what a jackalope!
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-03-20 21:19:03  
Barry Bonds isn't a first ballot hall-of-favor because of concern troll sportswriters who are so busy pontificating about the dangers of the steroid era they ignore basic facts (baseball has a long history of cheaters in the HoF, HGH doesn't improve reflexes or ability to see the ball, Barry Bonds was a superstar years before he started using). Before steroids, baseball players did amphetamines (or more adventurous drugs!), there's even evidence that Babe Ruth injected himself with sheep's testicles.

As far as all that Windower stuff goes, there is a lot of ***people do in this game that is 10x worse than Windower.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-20 21:24:41  
wonder what else he was on to decide one day, "You know what? I'm going to inject myself with sheep testicles"
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-03-20 21:31:53  
wonder what else he was on to decide one day, "You know what? I'm going to inject myself with sheep testicles"

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but the effects of testoterone weren't as well understood and the methods for extracting and administering it were...well, about what you'd expect from the 1920s.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 18:28:59  
03-25-2013 05:45 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
The other thread you mentioned raising the monster attack cap from 2.0 to 3.0, the above example is assuming a 4.0 cap.
We have always planned to raise the monster attack cap from 2.0 to 4.0.

I mentioned these because if the level based attack bonus is not removed ... high level monsters will be dealing 1000~2000+ damage per melee hit on anyone who isn't an Paladin with Burtang. I know SE is wanting to make defense more important, yet 4.0 as a cap is extremely excessive if the monster is allowed to keep it's level bonus.
Monsters that are added with Seekers of Adoulin will not have level correction applied so the damage will not be as high as you may be anticipating.

In the cases where level correction will take place in existing areas, you may see damage increases from monsters, but it will not amount to the numbers suggested. Regardless of whether there is level correction or not, we are adjusting enemies' levels and stats, so don't be afraid to attack and see that difference for yourself. Last thing, players will need to adjust their strategy and especially focus on defense. It will be important to consider decisions such as food, magic, songs, rolls, and equipment.

Camate will the developers be doing anything about the rampant use of defense down by every NM they've created? Currently all the harder NM's use some form of aoe defense down move that renders our defense useless. Even someone with Defender + Cocoon + Protect V + Taco will have no defense if something like Aegis Schism, Bilgestorm, Tourbillion, Yaksha: Damnation, Shadow Wreck, Dark Star or Flank Opening hits them. There are too many -defense moves to name and they all make defense pretty useless of a state to use.
Same as the above and I'm sure you guys are aware of the following: More focus will be required to remove applicable status ailments and also temporarily disengage the enemy to reduce the risk of potent attacks.
Subscribe
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-25 18:35:55  
that post fills me with all kinds of feels
 Siren.Barber
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-03-25 18:46:14  
Disengage the enemy.......can't wait for the drama over mobs turning yellow.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-25 18:47:08  
Siren.Barber said: »
Disengage the enemy.......can't wait for the drama over mobs turning yellow.
It would only turn yellow if you hit it last right?

Normally wouldn't you run away before you disengage?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14