The Automatons Rise!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » The Automatons Rise!
The Automatons Rise!
First Page 2
 Sylph.Silvra
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-02-19 15:54:06  
Don't know how crazy of a glitch this was, or if it was under really special circumstances due to Lusca's absorb abilities, but my auto actually nuked me! It was not just a chat error either, I actually lost the HP from the nuke. To top that, I had already fought this NM a few times and this had never happened. For good measure... he did it twice. Looks like Drille is going to be undergoing some harsh punishment.... I mean "training".

And again a bit later during the same fight...

[+]
 Asura.Abysswalker
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Abysswalker 2013-02-19 15:55:18  
Did you forget to feed him?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 15:57:02  
Lol, that's funny.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 15:58:19  
lol maybe you should keep his hp filled up from now on! Auto got mad!
 Sylph.Silvra
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-02-19 15:59:15  
You know, when I told my LS mates about this they told me to feed it more auto oil. Don't know if I should report the glitch or just let it ride. It nuked Lusca plenty of times before that and the mob was just doing normal melee.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-19 16:00:32  
I feared this day would come.

What the Sharpshot frame will look like in a few years:
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 16:00:34  
Sylph.Silvra said: »
You know, when I told my LS mates about this they told me to feed it more auto oil. Don't know if I should report the glitch or just let it ride. It nuked Lusca plenty of times before that and the mob was just doing normal melee.

of course report it!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 16:00:54  
Puppetry betrayal!
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-02-19 16:03:28  
Aww. I was hoping for a PUP guide. All these other ones have been very informative, and I am not very informed on the intricacies of PUP. Incidentally, that's a pretty interesting system malfunction.
[+]
By Solrain 2013-02-19 16:05:20  
In three years, Aht Urhgan will become the largest supplier of military computer systems. All airships are upgraded with Salaheem computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Empress Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online on February 4th, 2013. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Drille begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Eastern time, February 19th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Drille fights back.
[+]
By Silvercoat 2013-02-19 16:10:16  
I am sorry to disappoint on the lack of guide, but I will probably write one up soon considering I love the job. PUP is not really anymore complicated than other job, and all you need to know is that it kicks copious amounts of butt at almost any level.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 16:13:45  
Silvercoat said: »
I am sorry to disappoint on the lack of guide, but I will probably write one up soon considering I love the job. PUP is not really anymore complicated than other job, and all you need to know is that it kicks copious amounts of butt at almost any level.

As much as I love the job, and talked to Kuching about improving her guide, let's not make pup out for what it's not. I'm sorry it's not top tier DD by any means. It's fun and can be strong, but it's definitely not top tier, sadly. Perhaps the 1h update will improve h2h along a similar line and make pup more viable, but atm, it doesn't kick a lot of butt on really high end stuff that the other big 4 DD jobs, do.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 16:15:20  
Even post-update(granted it's even a good one at all)it would fall behind for the shitty skill and puppet doing probably even worse damage(not to mention it dies easily).
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 16:21:02  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Even post-update(granted it's even a good one at all)it would fall behind for the shitty skill and puppet doing probably even worse damage(not to mention it dies easily).

Oh I know, but it won't (or may not) be quite as "lol"
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-02-19 16:35:13  
Solrain said: »
In three years, Aht Urhgan will become the largest supplier of military computer systems. All airships are upgraded with Salaheem computers, becoming fully unmanned. Afterwards, they fly with a perfect operational record. The Empress Funding Bill is passed. The system goes online on February 4th, 2013. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Drille begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Eastern time, February 19th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Drille fights back.

But brick not hit back
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Kaparu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-02-19 16:41:59  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Silvercoat said: »

As much as I love the job, and talked to Kuching about improving her guide, let's not make pup out for what it's not. I'm sorry it's not top tier DD by any means. It's fun and can be strong, but it's definitely not top tier, sadly. Perhaps the 1h update will improve h2h along a similar line and make pup more viable, but atm, it doesn't kick a lot of butt on really high end stuff that the other big 4 DD jobs, do.

Interestingly enough, PUP is one of the more intrinsically complicated jobs to play- until one realizes that in order to play the job to the fullest, you have to all but ignore the existence of your pet

Square: *** up pet job dynamics circa forever
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-19 16:44:57  
I think pup is doing fine with its current role - versatility in solo and low-man content. As long as any future adjustments don't make us worse, we shouldn't fall into lolpup territory anymore.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2013-02-19 16:45:44  
When I saw the topic title, I was hoping it was a PUP guide, but this was definitely a consolation price. Pretty hilarious!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 16:45:45  
At least it's not nin.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 16:49:31  
At least it's not nin.

lol
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-02-19 16:56:02  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I think pup is doing fine with its current role - versatility in solo and low-man content. As long as any future adjustments don't make us worse, we shouldn't fall into lolpup territory anymore.

Make no mistake- I think the job is fantastically fun. I was often mocked for my insistance on using it once in a while for this and that

I just think it's sad that a job that was designed to be relatively complex peeks when one completely ignores its complexities
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 16:57:23  
Phoenix.Kaparu said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Make no mistake- I think the job is fantastically fun. I was often mocked for my insistance on using it once in a while for this and that

I just think it's sad that a job that was designed to be relatively complex peeks when one completely ignores its complexities

indeed. Also I got mocked for going pup to Kalasutrex one day. Then I proceeded to continually bust out some fine pummels :P
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-02-19 17:01:51  
Though, to be fair, PUP(and PLD) is just tops to have around if you're after Abyssea drops and have no friends. Both jobs can stay relatively fortified while /THF, and have access to a fair portion of blue staggers

The more you know~
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 17:03:22  
The problem is red :|

for kis if you want to farm something bigger.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 17:07:16  

pup/war gets decent reds too if you have the all jobs weapons. Can get a lot em, like 9/13 i think, no?
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-02-19 17:08:41  
Yeah, PUP is up a creek in that respect

Not that it's particularly pertinent, but PLD is unbelievably useful in that respect. Nearly as many red staggers as an nonspecializing NIN or WAR while /THF, and nigh indestructible

Pretty darn useful for Empyrean weapon farming if you don't fancy dualboxing
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-02-19 17:09:01  

pup/war gets decent reds too if you have the all jobs weapons. Can get a lot em, like 9/13 i think, no?

Yeah, but losing /THF is painful :l
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 17:09:57  
Phoenix.Kaparu said: »

Yeah, but losing /THF is painful :l

Not really. Placebo effect is placebo. I'm farming just fine on dnc/war atm for briar helms. Empy drops are all luck, I swear.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-02-19 17:13:22  
As far as the placebo spectrum is concerned, TH2 is a relatively undisputed champion

Luck is luck is luck, but /THF will absolutely up your average by a statistically significant amount
First Page 2