The Automatons Rise!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » The Automatons Rise!
The Automatons Rise!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-19 17:14:58  
Haven't soloed something on pup in forever, I wanna try giving a shot at Cara one of these days!
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 17:35:18  
I realize TH2 is nice and all, but I'm doing just fine on helmets with no th at all.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-19 17:38:58  
Phoenix.Kaparu said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I think pup is doing fine with its current role - versatility in solo and low-man content. As long as any future adjustments don't make us worse, we shouldn't fall into lolpup territory anymore.

Make no mistake- I think the job is fantastically fun. I was often mocked for my insistance on using it once in a while for this and that

I just think it's sad that a job that was designed to be relatively complex peeks when one completely ignores its complexities
I don't disagree with that but gosh that sounds boring :| I have monk for when I only want to punch things.
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-02-19 17:39:04  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
I realize TH2 is nice and all, but I'm doing just fine on helmets with no th at all.
Placebo effect is placebo.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-02-19 17:47:36  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
Placebo effect is placebo.

Somebody's witty lol
By Silvercoat 2013-02-19 23:00:56  
I don't see PUP as all that hard to play I guess, know what maneuvers you need for the job, pick the attachments beast suited for what your doing, gear appropriately like any good job should, then go punch things. I love the fact too I can DD like my MNK with a free pocket WHM when I want. Low level was a breeze also, PUP slaughters most anything that isn't big end game stuff. I like the complexity of it all, rather than just run up to mob, apply GAX/GSWD/GKT/SCYTH and hope the mob ignores you long enough so you can DD before it eats your face. Also hope that your WHM is paying attention.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-02-20 00:52:26  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I think pup is doing fine with its current role - versatility in solo and low-man content. As long as any future adjustments don't make us worse, we shouldn't fall into lolpup territory anymore.

I agree. We're certainly better off than some jobs like ninja and red mage.
 Siren.Vanian
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2013-02-20 04:12:36  
solo'd cara and briareus a few times and I do briarius /thf cara /nin
so far I'm 6/6 on 2x helms 7/7 1x gems
I'll always take TH when farming empy items now
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-20 06:19:46  
Taru sash.
[+]
By sprinkles84 2013-02-20 07:14:43  
pup is very nice for solo things..

I just went round zones the other day seeing what I could get KI's for (and maybe sell the pops) and things were relatively easy.
pup/war and farming things such as amhuluk pops, Ironclad for RR, Zone bosses etc. The only thing that can get scary is if you have for some weird reason been slept and auto is silenced.

But people often wondered "why are you coming lolpup". They soon dont laugh when ive capped their azure and still standing. ;)
 Leviathan.Veltan
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-02-20 10:20:37  
People in my LS thought I was making it up when Tocadie nuked me about a month ago. I had one activate of my automaton out for 16 hours soloing in Abyssea-Konschtat and she nuked me 3 times over the whole period I was there.

Oddly enough, it only happened that one day.
By Silvercoat 2013-02-21 01:31:48  
How do you manage to solo Cara Vanian, or rather whats your tatic overall? I am doing her empy trial now and I have been looking for some new challenges.
 Siren.Vanian
By Siren.Vanian 2013-02-21 02:26:20  
I swop rancorous to a boxers mantle, and use soulsoother frame.
Just make sure automaton is out of silencga range, and go to work, keep shadows up for single target nukes, and make sure you have a light maneuver up at all times.
Most people say scanner is useless but I find if I have that equipped it wont spam silence and waste mp.
Atmas used are RR GH and MM for puppet refresh.
I'd sugest tagging with TH with taru sash if you have one, or get someone to come and tag if possible, could probably ask someone whos in zone to tag for you

*edit* I've only had 1 wipe so far and that was when I got knocked out of cure range and didn't notice, other than that its been pretty straight forward. I normally pull down to the cliff near flux 4 and have pup on top of cliff so I dont get knocked back too far
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-21 02:38:55  
I'd swap Boxer's for Pantin since her accuracy is *** anyway. Also, a decent MDT set negates pretty much any of the risk of her killing you.
 Sylph.Silvra
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-02-21 18:01:45  
Hmm just trying to figure out with atmas/my gear what I can work with. Don't have a MDT set yet... Not worried about her accuracy, MM is a good idea so I never have to desummon the auto. Do you find it safer
to go MM over say Apoc for atma? Or maybe even a wind resist atma?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-21 18:10:34  
Personally, I wouldn't even bother with MM because curing will be very minimal and you can just rely on MP recovery attachments. So yes, I would go Apoc as a precaution and, more importantly, to kill her faster. Wind resist atma is meh. If you get hit by an Aero V with shadows down, you're dead with or without it whereas an MDT set will keep you standing with around 1/3-1/2 of your health left.

Make that MDT set! It's incredibly useful for any job.

I use this currently:
By ScaevolaBahamut 2013-02-21 19:02:53  
Yeah; it's a question of what you're gaining by giving it up. I could understand not going /THF if, like, /NIN was the difference between living and a not-insubstantial risk of dying, but /WAR is um well okay
By Silvercoat 2013-02-21 20:50:15  
I agree a PDT is a must have for anything magic wise you need to solo. Luckily I have most of something along those lines, and most is easy to get
 Siren.Vanian
By Siren.Vanian 2013-02-22 02:53:37  
Unfortunatly pup can't wear engulfer's

and pantin is a better option than boxers, I just have boxers in my eva spellcast and it's easier to just wear my evasion set than change my spellcast (I'm lazy and always end up *** something up in spellcast)

With MM atma my pup normally have 90-100% mp, I just feel its safer having a refresh on it just in case
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-22 02:57:56  
Whoops! I carry it around for everything else. The proc is definitely not something to rely on, but it's nice when it goes off.
 Siren.Vanian
By Siren.Vanian 2013-02-22 02:59:05  
yeah I have one too, never seen it proc yet, but I haven't had that much use of of it so far, definetely a nice piece to have for the jobs that can wear it
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-22 03:12:47  
It saved me exactly once in a Dragua fight.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-22 04:13:48  
Rather than Cara I'm more interested in the above mentioned Amhuluk, that mob is annoying spamming aoes and knockback and other nasties.
 Siren.Vanian
By Siren.Vanian 2013-02-22 06:55:44  
Isn't Amhuluk the one that drops Orthrus KI?
If so just go pup/war for more chance at red proc with soulsoother.
Shouldn't be anything that causes problems
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-22 06:57:17  
That's Amarok, Amhuluk is the amphiptere in Misareaux :x
By Elwynbelwyn 2013-03-09 18:24:06  
pup/war gets decent reds too if you have the all jobs weapons. Can get a lot em, like 9/13 i think, no?
I procced Shadow of Death today on PUP/WAR using my Ark Scythe, and Raiden Thrust with my Pitchfork +1.

But Staff was at 144, which is 6 skill points short of getting Sunburst. The headband is only +5 skill. That's one of three items that enhance staff skill... and while looking all that up I just realized that holy crap I can merit that last point! (one merit = 2 skill)

I'm seriously considering getting another Ark weapon if I win rank 4 in Mog Bonanza. Time to look into some other options first, like Trainee Sword. (EDIT: Ibushi Shinai is sword skill)

So it's 9/13 with +6 staff skill, except that there's apparently no GS that PUP can use, so it's 8/13 for now.