users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » The new seekers H2H weapon
The new seekers H2H weapon
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-03-27 12:41:50  
As someone who was dragging and dragging on making a Vere for my MNK+PUP (I reaaaaaaly hate farming Chloris sets and was playing other jobs more often anyway), I kinda feel like I got a Mog Bonanza prize with this reveal. Exactly what I was hoping for the last few months when I consciously decided to wait instead of give up and go for the empy. I feel for the people who just finished a REM, but put me on the super excited list.
 Asura.Werdxi
サーバ: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-03-27 12:56:37  
Unless empys and such get quite the boost, this kind of weapon, and likely others like it, are just dumb. about the only real goals in the game right now are to get the best of the best weapons. SE: lol JK! just get this one thing and you're set. >_> really. how fu**ing boring. You really take a lot of pride in making those hard-to-get weapons. some may argue its not hard to get, but it takes time. something i dont have a lot of these days. which makes those weapons even more important to you. to get something, from a treasures drop, that completely destroys the once-best weapon...if these are the changes to come in SoA, i may literally stop playing the game after 9 years of devotion.

I am disappoint
[+]
By pchan 2013-03-27 14:53:07  
Those don't beat Spharai or Verethragana, they are slightly behind. Learn to use the spreadsheet correctly. Also counterstance is (total def)/2, which has potential to break the job if you stack defense.. It's equivalent to damage taken x2 basically.
 Phoenix.Bahtbaht
サーバ: Phoenix
user: BahtBaht
By Phoenix.Bahtbaht 2013-03-27 15:52:39  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
Sylph.Organic said: »
You also gotta consider the AM and ODD right?
I did

Hmm. What sort of setup? Messing about with the spreadsheet, at best I'm seeing the Tlol tie with a lvl 90 Vere when you include 30% ODD. Lvl 99 Vere is still barely ahead even without ODD.

Motenten could you do a comparison vs 99 Spharai with Shijin use? Using say the gearsets in Jinjo's guide for comparison?
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2013-03-27 16:04:38  
Fenrir.Motenten said: »
Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
Sylph.Organic said: »
You also gotta consider the AM and ODD right?
I did

Hmm. What sort of setup? Messing about with the spreadsheet, at best I'm seeing the Tlol tie with a lvl 90 Vere when you include 30% ODD. Lvl 99 Vere is still barely ahead even without ODD.

I deleted my original post.
When I put Jinjo's set info into it, relic and emp win out. Also my sheet doesnt account for update so I am interested to see how that affects mnk.
By Nervoz 2013-03-27 18:03:21  
where can i find the equivalent for other weapons? Im interested in the shield and instrument
 Sylph.Silvra
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Silvra 2013-03-27 18:13:30  
5 years and a new expansion updae and still no Holy knucles SE, godammit SE.... still though at least these look cool and hey we are finally getting into dagger/katana damage territory!
 Fenrir.Weakness
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2013-03-27 19:19:05  
Sylph.Silvra said: »
5 years and a new expansion updae and still no Holy knucles SE, godammit SE.... still though at least these look cool and hey we are finally getting into dagger/katana damage territory!

What?

o.O; Hand-to-Hand have always been higher damage than katana and daggers since the way it is calculated. At 99 with spharai I'm running around dual wielding 103 DMG weapons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2013-03-28 13:40:13  
Sylph.Silvra said: »

lol. h2h dmg ratings have no problems what so ever compared to dagger/katana.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lanien
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tymon
By Quetzalcoatl.Lanien 2013-04-02 16:16:25  
So...yeah.. about that..

It is definitely the best in the game now..
By pchan 2013-04-02 16:27:15  
spharai 103 damage plus 14 fstr => 117 damage per fist with fstr.
new H2H 125 damage plus 16 fstr => 141 damage per fist with fstr

That's about 20% increase to melee dot (considering the delay difference with spharai is minor) and likely about that for total damage as WS damage is minor into MNK total damage.

On part of me is mad and the other side is laughing. On the bright side it gives an idea on what DPS increase vere & spharai might be getting in the future ?

All this to force us do the useless content I guess ? This weapon is the carrot that they show us until we get into the expansion. After that they will ajust R/M/E. I'm still surprised it's not that big of an increase with other weapons.
[+]