Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Tojil under 25mins
Tojil under 25mins
By Davorin 2013-10-08 20:28:17  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Stuff about gear, and gear, and gear, and I check, and you will be kicked...

gear is not always the major factor, but if you follow game mechanics, and gear accordingly, as best you can, you should win.

Nice.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-10-08 23:50:53  
There is no contradiction in what he said. You only think so because you're selectively interpreting the parts you want to.
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-10-09 01:18:57  
NOT 32% HASTE ON GEAR!
If you don't know the game mechanics on Capping gear haste, Magic haste, how dual wield affects 2 1handed DD's and TP return / delay caps / ja haste etc, then may I suggest going away, reading about it and then being the best you can be!
You might want to check out the spreadsheets sometime. It's pretty easy to over-haste in a near optimal (like within the .5 to 1% difference range) TP set these days due to the abundance of haste on the new equipment. There was a brief time before everyone had Oatixur where an over-haste set was actually top tier for MNK.
By Antisense 2013-10-09 02:22:16  
24% haste if in Adoulin (as Ionis provides 2% gear haste this completely caps you to the 25.6% cap)

"Off topic" but since when?

Couriers' Bay Roof edification is actually moderate Critical Hit Rate increase (it says so in the game, not moderate haste per BGWiki) and the only test on Ionis haste I saw involved spell recast, and I'm not sure if this was a situation where the server had the Couriers' Second Floor edification (minor Haste effect) WITHOUT Scouts' Emblem edification (minor Fast Cast effect), which seems very unlikely.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Ionis
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-10-09 02:28:20  
We've always used spell recasts to determine haste values

Ionis is 24/1024 equipment haste
By Antisense 2013-10-09 02:58:30  
Byrth found 12/1024 with Second Floor (but remember this possibly was confounded with Ionis fast cast bonus)... there is no moderate haste bonus from Bay Roof (it says crit rate in game).

I was Googling around but didn't come across any test.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-10-09 08:32:15  
Spiraboo said: »
Davorin said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
tl;dr

Spiraboo said: »
tl;dr

Let me summarise it for you-

1. Afania plays with JP by using some predetermined phrases to get in and doesn't like eng PUG

That's quite an assumption, I play with English PUG a bit more than JP in FFXI, if I don't like eng PUG I won't even make/join them. But it doesn't change the fact that English PUG has lower avg win rate on my server. I was just pointing it out and try to find out why. There must be a reason behind it if player quality is the same, and I don't think it's lack of communication.....there are times leader/member knows exactly what to do and still fail.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2013-10-09 09:09:09  
Apologies, that's the impression I get when you say your friends avoid it like plague, and your negativity towards ENG PUG players.

Quote:
I play with English PUG a bit more than JP in FFXI.
It means you have a better sampling size of Eng PUGs than JP PUGs So... that kind of implies you probably have a more accurate conclusion of eng PUGs performance than JP PUGs'

Quote:
But it doesn't change the fact that English PUG has lower avg win rate on my server.

Sounds like an opinion/impression from your experience than fact. The only party who can provide such "fact" is SE, as it requires counting up the win/lose counts of all PUGs (then there's also the grey area of LS run with a few PUG members) <O>

From my experience, I have a better win rate with JP PUGs as well. But I can't conclude that Eng PUGs have a lower avg win rate on my server because my sampling size is probably around 10:1 due to log in times. And due to the nature of JP PUG shouts, it is easy to filter out amateur groups since JPs wil add things like this to their shouts if they are not experienced/not looking for experienced players: "first time hosting", "Looking for people who don't mind losing", "1-5 and (if possible) boss", "newcomers welcomed". Not something that the ENG PUGs would do.

Again, nitpicking on details here and it is getting close to meaningless. So I'll shut up so we stop biting each other's tail.
 Phoenix.Michiiru
user: Michiiru
By Phoenix.Michiiru 2013-10-09 10:20:26  

New personal rule for myself: Anytime I see a thread going haywire, I spam spiderman pics :D
[+]
By itchi508 2013-10-09 10:24:30  
Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Apologies, that's the impression I get when you say your friends avoid it like plague, and your negativity towards ENG PUG players.

Quote:
It means you have a better sampling size of Eng PUGs than JP PUGs So... that kind of implies you probably have a more accurate conclusion of eng PUGs performance than JP PUGs'

Quote:
But it doesn't change the fact that English PUG has lower avg win rate on my server.

Sounds like an opinion/impression from your experience than fact. The only party who can provide such "fact" is SE, as it requires counting up the win/lose counts of all PUGs (then there's also the grey area of LS run with a few PUG members) <O>

From my experience, I have a better win rate with JP PUGs as well. But I can't conclude that Eng PUGs have a lower avg win rate on my server because my sampling size is probably around 10:1 due to log in times. And due to the nature of JP PUG shouts, it is easy to filter out amateur groups since JPs wil add things like this to their shouts if they are not experienced/not looking for experienced players: "first time hosting", "Looking for people who don't mind losing", "1-5 and (if possible) boss", "newcomers welcomed". Not something that the ENG PUGs would do.

Again, nitpicking on details here and it is getting close to meaningless. So I'll shut up so we stop biting each other's tail.
This is true, i believe the reason is that JP want to learn, practice and go threw trial/error wile attempting.
Eng players just want wins handed to them & don't care to learn or remember what went wrong. (Not all Eng players but alot)

Thats one reason JP dont like playing with Eng. another i believe is Eng are very disrespectful & most are not willing to take advice as a compliment to help someone but rather take it as "trolling or just being a ***"
As JP are not afraid to try, they don't look at a loss as failure but rather as progress to fixing there prior mistakes & learn from it to progress farther in future runs.

Eng are raised differently than JP, the have more loyalty & respect over all population therefore more they put more focus into there goals & play more efficiently because when people talk strategy & everyones jobs, they listen & remember. Unlike Eng who nod there head & say yes. You find them *** up & asking questions in the middle of a shity situation because they didn't pay attetion in the 1st place. Theres alot more reason JP dont often mix with Eng but those are some prime reasons to why & what separates a Fail from a win. Since JP always tackle & clears content faster than Eng probably by at least 60+ days it shows that they are more organized & prepared. For instance JP where learning Delve 1-5 practicing wile Eng where avoiding NMs sacking them for a measly 8-10k plasm by doing trash mobs. JP = team work. Eng = me me me.
Unfortunately thats how i see it.
 Asura.Alucardr
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Alucardr 2013-10-09 11:09:57  
Congratulations OP.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-10-09 11:10:36  
Antisense said: »
Byrth found 12/1024 with Second Floor (but remember this possibly was confounded with Ionis fast cast bonus)... there is no moderate haste bonus from Bay Roof (it says crit rate in game).

I was Googling around but didn't come across any test.
It's not much of a confound unless you think that they would actually give us a haste bonus that's a fraction of a percent. All of the fractional haste values on gear are at least very close to their printed text so I think this is a safe assumption.

Fast Cast's contribution to recast reduction being 1/2, the minimum haste bonus (including fast cast) possible while still seeing a 1 second recast reduction would be 0.66% (6.82/1024) and the maximum would be about 1.32% (13.58/1024) before any flooring.

Since we've never seen any values so far off of the mark percentage-wise and including fast cast forces the observed haste value into this range, it's pretty safe to say that the minor bonus is 1%.

Edit: I read his test again (been a while) and given that he proved it was 12/1024, the "Minor Fastcast" bonus would have to be 0.7% (8/1024) to observe this result so I'll stick to what I said above.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-10-09 11:48:14  
You both appear to be correct. I'll yell at my source later.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-10-09 11:50:53  
I wasn't commenting on the 2% claim. I just don't think Fast Cast was much of a confound at the time that Byrth did his test, regardless of whether or not he was receiving the bonus.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-10-09 12:07:39  
3. They used 3 songs and won with ease in 25 minutes without brd swaps, perhaps proving brd swaps are not needed and that other groups who dont manage a win with those swaps are eaither wasting time or their DD re terribad.

They totally swapped before Tojil. It's a JP group based on title, even before skill update on SoA weapons JP PUG been doing tojil/shark run with no swap until boss, so it's been done for ages. After skill update no swap pt in 25 min happens very often even in PUG.

Not trying to troll nor be an elitist, cg on clear, but this video is really what ppl been doing for past 2 months since skill update.

It wasn't aimed at you persay, and when comparin to most PUGS who swap for most NM's and fail. Says alot. perhaps Cerberus has fewer players doing this properly, but I rarely see this happen.

Do you join JP pt? Every JP pt pretty much all follow same strategy and not much different from the one in video, in terms of execution and speed. NA players tend to play with LS/close friend for tojil clear, the one who /shout often has much lower win rate because most of the pt that can win go with LS/friends.

I join JP shouts, and they don't always follow this method, Did you make an Assumption? Protip: Don't make assumptions. K thanks.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-10-09 12:12:28  
itchi508 said: »

Quote:

Quote:

This is true, i believe the reason is that JP want to learn, practice and go threw trial/error wile attempting.
Eng players just want wins handed to them & don't care to learn or remember what went wrong. (Not all Eng players but alot)

Thats one reason JP dont like playing with Eng. another i believe is Eng are very disrespectful & most are not willing to take advice as a compliment to help someone but rather take it as "trolling or just being a ***"
As JP are not afraid to try, they don't look at a loss as failure but rather as progress to fixing there prior mistakes & learn from it to progress farther in future runs.

Eng are raised differently than JP, the have more loyalty & respect over all population therefore more they put more focus into there goals & play more efficiently because when people talk strategy & everyones jobs, they listen & remember. Unlike Eng who nod there head & say yes. You find them *** up & asking questions in the middle of a shity situation because they didn't pay attetion in the 1st place. Theres alot more reason JP dont often mix with Eng but those are some prime reasons to why & what separates a Fail from a win. Since JP always tackle & clears content faster than Eng probably by at least 60+ days it shows that they are more organized & prepared. For instance JP where learning Delve 1-5 practicing wile Eng where avoiding NMs sacking them for a measly 8-10k plasm by doing trash mobs. JP = team work. Eng = me me me.

Out of Curiosity, wasn't it a US run that cleared Tojil first? So when you say "they were doing it first" or is this "reported first by the jps while the US kept it to themselvs as LS runs?" Assumptions everywhere today it seems!

US beat the JP = Evidence they;re not 60 days ahead.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-10-09 12:29:13  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
I wasn't commenting on the 2% claim. I just don't think Fast Cast was much of a confound at the time that Byrth did his test, regardless of whether or not he was receiving the bonus.

Don't sass me woman
[+]
By itchi508 2013-10-09 12:51:16  

Quote:

Quote:

Out of Curiosity, wasn't it a US run that cleared Tojil first? So when you say "they were doing it first" or is this "reported first by the jps while the US kept it to themselvs as LS runs?" Assumptions everywhere today it seems!

US beat the JP = Evidence they;re not 60 days ahead.
We are talking about pugs not orginized LS's. Or least i thought we where since the hole thread is based in pug talk. JP been runin pugs like its VW way before Eng did, wile Eng players doing Plasm/sack farms. Again im speaking of pugs (people /sh) not LS runs. As for who completed the 1st delve of all servers idk.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2013-10-09 13:15:15  
the first NA clear on my server was a rng kill by audacity, then a shout group the following night i made a shout group that lead to the first NA pug win on our server. JPs that we are friendly with were surprised that we were able to do it and congratulated us. this was really early on in delve too.
By itchi508 2013-10-09 13:28:40  
Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
the first NA clear on my server was a rng kill by audacity, then a shout group the following night i made a shout group that lead to the first NA pug win on our server. JPs that we are friendly with were surprised that we were able to do it and congratulated us. this was really early on in delve too.
Ya i got my wins late compaired to the rest of server who had orginize groups. I was one of the 1st if not 1st NA on fenrir to acually build a succsessfull pug. Had many friends come & help that came on daily bases to my /sh and alot of misc people i got wins, although i did /sh for probably a month doing 1-3 then 1-4 up to 1-5 and finaly found time for tojil before my 1st win and thanks to all the friends who kept coming for numerious attempts and didnt give up. It was hell but it was fun. Def was nt easy by any means.
Prior to my runs i saw others /sh daily but they had no luck on wins & even dropped many beads to still walk away disapointed.
As the JP where /sh constantly & winning like i said leading it like it was just VW clearing it is what made my drive to keep trying.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-10-09 13:31:38  
You made a "sweeping statement" about JPs being 60 days ahead. Evidenced you're wrong above.

if we assume you meant by PUGS, then you will need to evidence your claim by pulling every single shout from the day JPs first shouted for "NMs 1-5" and then show we started 60 days after otherwise your point is unproveable and in current scientific thinking, if you cant prove your right, you're wrong till otherwise.

You would also need to do this across all servers ~

And Bukadan also ilistrates the point, NA's did it early in ~ With a PUG.
By itchi508 2013-10-09 13:37:08  
You made a "sweeping statement" about JPs being 60 days ahead. Evidenced you're wrong above.

if we assume you meant by PUGS, then you will need to evidence your claim by pulling every single shout from the day JPs first shouted for "NMs 1-5" and then show we started 60 days after otherwise your point is unproveable and in current scientific thinking, if you cant prove your right, you're wrong till otherwise.

I dont have any evidance to the statement, its just a estimate to what i saw on fenrir. JPs where /sh doing 1-5 wile NA were doing sac farms. Wile orginized LS where making there own progress. My accusation was just saying the average JP usualy are more compitant than the average NA still to today with how easy delve is, JP clear it with eas as NA's still constantly wipe. Not saying on every server but im sure most are simalur to a point. I have no actual proof nor was making a statment but more of a opinion as to how progress goes when it comes to pugs.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-10-09 13:39:53  
Davorin said: »
Stuff about gear, and gear, and gear, and I check, and you will be kicked...

gear is not always the major factor, but if you follow game mechanics, and gear accordingly, as best you can, you should win.

Nice.

lol.

You're right is contradictory, but although gear isn't everything, equiping 10 pieces of gear that provides -STR and you're a DD means, you are an idiot.

Having the BEST gear is not everything, gearing as best you can at the time however and not using gear thats HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... and trying to get some pieces that are A. Easy to get and B. makes sense, then you should be fine.

I would take a rank 10/15 rigors MNK to delve on the basis they're showing intent.

I wouldn't take an Oatixer MNK to delve with 4/5 Otronif gear, on the basis they have the highest D weapon for MNK, but clearly didn't deserve it.

Otronif is easy to get yes, so is Thaumas Coat and lots of MNK's dont have it. My point is, I would expect a Career (WHatever job you are) to have Good gear before you try doing delve, I don't expect you to have the Mega Boss Weapon. I expect you to have something good though, otherwise WTF are we playing the game for, and why dont we all use Onion Swords?

#stupid comments.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-10-09 13:42:36  

I dont have any evidance to the statement, its just a estimate to what i saw on fenrir. JPs where /sh doing 1-5 wile NA were doing sac farms. Wile orginized LS where making there own progress. My accusation was just saying the average JP usualy are more compitant than the average NA still to today with how easy delve is, JP clear it with eas as NA's still constantly wipe. Not saying on every server but im sure most are simalur to a point. I have no actual proof nor was making a statment but more of a opinion as to how progress goes when it comes to pugs.

Eye ball estimates ~ because those are always accurate.

Well your opinion is based on Your experience on Your server, not grounds for making a statement that some may take as Gospel Truth.

And to illistrate points, I had JP BRDS who say in chat "understood" then go do HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***such as pull the urganite.

JP's are not more organised, you just dont see the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ones doing things in large groups.
 Bismarck.Mankey
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mankey 2013-10-09 13:43:02  
lol What is your problem with 4/5 Otronif? If you checked the spreadsheets you would know what is best. And that is 4/5 otronif with the good augs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-10-09 13:44:06  
Bismarck.Mankey said: »
lol What is your problem with 4/5 Otronif? If you checked the spreadsheets you would know what is best. And that is 4/5 otronif with the good augs.

4/5 Otronif unaugmented I meant.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-10-09 13:46:57  

Not to mention I was counting the body as the 4/5 set~ I do not believe I specified which pieces ~ Please correct me if I did.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2013-10-09 13:56:27  
yeah if someone joins my groups and often parses terribly i wont inv them anymore. wsing at 150-200 tp everytime is *** and anyone who says parses arent indicative at all are only angry they cant get into the top three themselves ever.
By itchi508 2013-10-09 14:03:24  

Not to mention I was counting the body as the 4/5 set~ I do not believe I specified which pieces ~ Please correct me if I did.
Well of course i stated that refering to my server because idk what other servers do nor do i play with many Jp due to my play schedule. I do how ever see & saw JP winning pugs well before i lead my 1st pug wich was 3months ago. Fenrir has been lacking motivation though, i think before 14 released we had 5-6 NA delve shells.
Population of JP is just much larger and still to today most likely giving them more people to choose from to fit the partys needs.
On weekdays NA prime has maybe 700-900. JP prime is about 1,300. From what i have seen latley when i check in the morning before work. When i come home from work theres 500ish online :( Server merge pleeeaaase!!!
By itchi508 2013-10-09 14:12:45  
Bukadan was on feni for wile he transfered here then bailed quickly lol why u thnk he left :p