bard ideas
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-12-13 22:05:16  
darthjahjahbear said: »
UI idea for song level icons.Thoughts?
As far as the UI thing, I find the XI View UI mod to be awesome for songs. Color coded for really easy recognition. For me, it's a good way to check quickly to know that I have the songs I intended to get up.

Also... Are you taking pictures of your screen with a camera? Why not screenshots? Would look WAY better.
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-13 22:31:35  
Are you really playing on a console? Your, uh, screenshots are really quite painful to look at.

I played Bard back when we pulled. That was pretty much the only time I enjoyed the job, because it was constantly busy, I was having to balance way too many things, and, to top things off, I kept my Minstrel's Ring active 100% of the time and was /RDM (the speed was the only way to do what I wanted and /NIN is for sissies). While I nostalgize the hell out of that, though, I don't think it is a reasonable direction to try to force the entire job.

On the other hand, with all the song duration buffs and similar now available, even with party swapping, it's pretty dull. I'd probably borrow some Cure Potency gear from my White Mage, but if I honestly wanted to be a Cure-bot, I'd just play my White Mage (they apply a lot of similar buffs to Bard these days, anyhow, albeit ones that stack with songs). Geomancer and Corsair occupy mostly the same niche as Bard and both are afforded the opportunity to do some damage in between maintaining their buffs and debuffs.

Then again, with iLevel gear, it's not impossible for a cautious Geomancer to wade in and Hexa Strike from time to time, so I suppose there's no reason a Bard couldn't drop the occasional Evisceration or Exenterator. With iLevel gear, it's not as though a staff is strictly required for landing songs as Magic Accuracy gets baked into Great Axes, much less other weapons.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-12-14 21:37:27  
I used to think a third march would be nice, but I don't really think it's needed with the amount of songs we have available and how strong SV is. However, I still think a higher tier Elegy would be nice.

I was a little upset that R/E didn't get any sort of skill (looking wind/string/sing) but in retrospect it's one less thing I'll have to upgrade, so meh.

Non-dispellable songs would be nice, or/and at least the ability to over-write songs whenever, without having to wait for them to be down to base duration. Nothing made me want to pull out my hair more than seeing a dispelga or geist wall go off and 3-4 people losing a random song. (Especially during SV/N&T). There's really no way to know which tier or march or minuet people lost, so it's either let them suffer without or resing everything so everyone can have their songs back... and then you have a bunch of different length songs on people your people that's impossible to track, which can just cause more overwriting issues again later. Silly mechanics :/
[+]
By siskotaru 2013-12-27 09:35:43  
Well I would love to see more instruments like guitars or drums. Then make a new "meteor like" song.

6 bards could then play this song as a rock band and god knows the gigantic buff it would give.
 Sylph.Heillon
サーバ: Sylph
user: Heillon
By Sylph.Heillon 2013-12-27 10:15:19  
siskotaru said: »
Well I would love to see more instruments like guitars or drums. Then make a new "meteor like" song.

6 bards could then play this song as a rock band and god knows the gigantic buff it would give.
all mobs and players are forced to disengage and rock out.
By Pantafernando 2013-12-27 10:30:43  
What happened with the first posts?
Draylo appearing as OP makes no sense (not that the original had any).
[+]
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-27 16:41:40  
I deleted the old posts because all the other bards are trash. Noone else fights for FFXI and I wont do it alone. They fried me on the official forums (temp ban) and nobody cares here either. One man army
Basically. Just accept that SE half *** Ffxi now and move on? The ONLY . . .wayi can ever see ffxi making a comeback is if they pulled the plug on 14 and made XI-2 with new graphics (high end pcs/xbox1/ps4) but ya. Se is dumb and lazy they would never even consider such a thing. Ill pitch in my $13.90 again when they update my instruments. Til that day doesn't come (lol) im not even wasting my time. Ya the guitar/drums sound cool too. Nobody *** likes bard now cuz its boring. That goes for the entire game. Playing new instruments on an overhauled ffxi (*** xi-2 NOT this lazy UI "overhaul" they're working on) would at least make some bards come back and new people play the job. Bard is dead. So is the ninja and the darth. Se needs to RE-recruit any of the old developers from 2002-2007. These new guys dont have a *** clue. Their idea for improvement for the company waa making 14... An 11 knockoff/piggyback.. thats why the 11 updates all suck. They abandoned their mastwrpiece for a piece of trash noone could give 2 shits for. Im done with the memes. Makes me look dumb as ***when everyone else just sits there lol.
R.I.P. FFXI 2013
DARTHJAHJAH

P.S. FFXI UPDATE:
REHASH REHASH REHASH REHASH REHASH REHASH
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-12-27 16:43:47  
what in the world are you babbling on about?
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-27 16:46:06  
The death of ffxi and the bard? Lol. U missed all the original posts so this thread will probably just confuse you..
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-12-27 16:50:01  
Well, if it means anything to you, what you said has been said before in many numerous ways and in many numerous times in this game's history, so ya, you're beating a dead horse. Sorry to disappoint you.
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-27 16:55:23  
Thats exactly the problem. Se never cared/listened. Im not claiming to have all fresh ideas. I could care less who thought of the ***first. Point is se never updates it. Which is fine. Its their game. But its also my $$ so idc haha. I have more fun ( honestly ) not being bored on ffxi. Imagine logging onto to a video game just to be bored. No thanks not this guy. It just needs to be LESS boring. And Se needs to pull their heads out of their asse. FFXI = my readers digest now
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-27 17:08:00  
Ok poopie is done. Til next time. Have fun with your broken Ffxi/ffxiv
 Leviathan.Lsvtec
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Freazer
By Leviathan.Lsvtec 2013-12-27 18:45:41  
i feel like i just read something Oprah winfrey, jerry springer, or riki lake would babble about jesus there goes 20mins of my life i ll never get back
By Pantafernando 2013-12-27 18:59:40  
I deleted the old posts because all the other bards are trash. Noone else fights for FFXI and I wont do it alone. They fried me on the official forums (temp ban) and nobody cares here either. One man army
Basically. Just accept that SE half *** Ffxi now and move on? The ONLY . . .wayi can ever see ffxi making a comeback is if they pulled the plug on 14 and made XI-2 with new graphics (high end pcs/xbox1/ps4) but ya. Se is dumb and lazy they would never even consider such a thing. Ill pitch in my $13.90 again when they update my instruments. Til that day doesn't come (lol) im not even wasting my time. Ya the guitar/drums sound cool too. Nobody *** likes bard now cuz its boring. That goes for the entire game. Playing new instruments on an overhauled ffxi (*** xi-2 NOT this lazy UI "overhaul" they're working on) would at least make some bards come back and new people play the job. Bard is dead. So is the ninja and the darth. Se needs to RE-recruit any of the old developers from 2002-2007. These new guys dont have a *** clue. Their idea for improvement for the company waa making 14... An 11 knockoff/piggyback.. thats why the 11 updates all suck. They abandoned their mastwrpiece for a piece of trash noone could give 2 shits for. Im done with the memes. Makes me look dumb as ***when everyone else just sits there lol.
R.I.P. FFXI 2013
DARTHJAHJAH

P.S. FFXI UPDATE:
REHASH REHASH REHASH REHASH REHASH REHASH

Could at least leave the pics...
They were funny, i admit.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-27 19:11:24  
the memes. Makes me look dumb as ***
No bloody kidding.
[+]
By darthjahjahbear 2013-12-28 09:25:12  
Leviathan.Lsvtec said: »
i feel like i just read something Oprah winfrey, jerry springer, or riki lake would babble about jesus there goes 20mins of my life i ll never get back
20 minutes to read my poop rant that you didnt even like? Shoulda stopped reading it dumb dumb noones forcing you to be here. You might wanna invest in some reading classes if its taking you 20 minutes to read a 2 minute rant. You guys are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE the name of the thread is bard ideas. Give your BARD ideas or go crash in your shortbus. OR make your own thread called I dont like darths poopie rants because they waste 20 minutes of my life?
 Lakshmi.Konvict
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-12-28 09:47:52  
Bard is a mules job especially today. If you're a main BRD doin it wrong
By Pantafernando 2013-12-28 09:50:52  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Bard is a mules job especially today. If you're a main BRD doin it wrong

Because people think like that that is so hard to do stuffs nowaday.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [118 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2014-04-25 06:54:23  
BRD already gets so much attention it's not even funny..., buy a new content ID and mule that job like everyone else does. No one mains BRD anymore, not even the RMT...
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-04-25 07:24:43  
Rather have a brd that can do other things than just sing. Saying its a mule only job is rather ridiculous I know quite a few main bards and they do a very good job at backing up the whms debuffs come off as soon as they go up unless the mule has a bot I doubt thats going to happen.
[+]
 Shiva.Tedril
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2014-04-29 13:31:56  
Ragnarok.Slyshen said: »
BRD already gets so much attention it's not even funny..., buy a new content ID and mule that job like everyone else does. No one mains BRD anymore, not even the RMT...
What you said is funny... And to whoever said bard is boring and doesn't do much is playing the job wrong entirely...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-29 13:39:44  
Or you can BRD/DNC and DD it up! Works on old stuff like Delve 1.0 lol, I parsed decently doing it.
[+]
By Ophannus 2014-05-03 13:21:23  
Maybe a JA called Fortissimo that does the opposite of pianissimo, extends a single song to AoE, for pining nocturne, requiem, elegy, threnody etc.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-05-03 13:40:16  
Addon to that, something I'd rather see, is a ja (or just the plain ability to be able) to cast a buff aoe song off a certain person rather than yourself. Being able to aoe recast songs on the dds from 20 away on bosses and stuff would be pretty nice.

Also, Tenuto and Pianissimo being stackable would be kinda nice. Or Tenuto working on other people.