Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 11:22:59  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Has to do with a culture that places far too much value on having a penis.
And it's not even that big.
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2014-08-01 11:23:07  
Siren.Mosin said: »
The one child policy is one of the few things China has got right over the years.

no. just no.

ask all the little chinese baby girls how that ***'s going.

good god.
Not only the baby girls but the teenage/adult women as well who get sold to isolated villages and getting raped by all men there because they can just afford to buy one woman for all.

[edit]:As for the topic, Germany wanted to treat an african doctor here as well, but unfortunatly his condition worsened and he died before he could get transported here.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-01 11:23:18  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ebola has been here for a while already being used for research purposes. No need to ***blood* over this just because the 24-hour news cycle suggested you should be.

*ebola joke

Oh! But Pleebo! People aren't scared by the Central American immigrant children enough. Why not add a cherry on top of the irrational fear sundae?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 11:23:29  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Or, hell. Let Ebola run rampant through the South. I hate seeing anyone suffer, but at least it's just the Bible belt.

How about someone contaminate the Wawas of Pennsylvania. >:

What do you consider "Bible Belt"? Spare us within Chisholm Trail rules, please and thank you.

You're funny.

Also, I was being facetious. I don't want to see any disease outbreaks anywhere. The stuff is nasty as hell.

I just think people are too concerned about the wrong things in this instance.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 11:26:59  
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
The one child policy is one of the few things China has got right over the years.

no. just no.

good god.
Not only the baby girls but the teenage/adult women as well who get sold to isolated villages and getting raped by all men there because they can just afford to buy one woman for all.

Again. This has nothing to do with the policy and everything to do with the way the ignorant react to it.

It doesn't matter, because it would never even be considered in the US. You have a God-Blessed-the-USA-right to breed at will and let the rest of us pick up the tab if you can't.

Sorry for taking this too far off-topic.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-01 11:33:32  
ou have a God-Blessed-the-USA-right to breed at will and let the rest of us pick up the tab if you can't
I think this should be like any other case of neglect, tbh. If you can't take care of the kid, you shouldn't get money; but instead the child should be placed somewhere they can have the care provided to them
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-01 11:34:59  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
ou have a God-Blessed-the-USA-right to breed at will and let the rest of us pick up the tab if you can't
I think this should be like any other case of neglect, tbh. If you can't take care of the kid, you shouldn't get money; but instead the child should be placed somewhere they can have the care provided to them
Tiger, have you ever been a ward of the state?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2014-08-01 11:37:23  
Jetackuu said: »
ward of the state
Technically, yes. When I moved in w/ my uncle @ 15, that was technically my status
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 11:38:47  

Parental rights are very hard to terminate. Unless you're placing the child in immediate danger on a frequent basis...chances are you'll keep your child. Forcing them to live in squalor, eat out of the garbage, and otherwise extreme neglect generally takes a long, involved process and even then you may retain some level of parential visitation rights.

Edit:That said, I don't think simply needing public assistance should be a reason to take away a child. However, if you're already on public assitance and you just keep producing babies...

And let's not forget the fact it takes two to make a baby. Half the men out there who father children would be happy to have the state take away all their parental responsibility.

Tiger, have you ever been a ward of the state?

While it may be an unforunate way to grow up, it's significantly better than many of the positions into wich these children are born.
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-08-01 11:42:47  

no. just no.

good god.

Has nothing to do with the policy.

you know, it's really not just based on like Male Superiority or what have you. It's more that in China the first born male takes care of the parents when they get older.

having a boy is basically their social security package
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 11:46:37  
Shiva.Gib said: »

no. just no.

good god.

you know, it's really not just based on like Male Superiority or what have you. It's more that in China the first born male takes care of the parents when they get older.

having a boy is basically their social security package

It's a Confucian-derrived society which reveres elder males.

It is a society of male superiority.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-01 11:46:42  
ward of the state
Technically, yes. When I moved in w/ my uncle @ 15, that was technically my status

It must mean a different thing down there then. Let's just say the system can't handle the amount of children in it now, much less an influx.

While it may be an unforunate way to grow up, it's significantly better than many of the positions into wich these children are born.

It can be, but that's not always the case. I grew up with some people who lived in a group home, and even though it was a good one, there were some really bad eggs in that home, and quite frankly I'd say it had more to do with their family life before, and their trip through the system to end up there than anything. But even there, you could tell some of them had some severe issues, it also didn't help that the place had almost all of them see a "Doctor" who put them on all sorts of drugs. I didn't question it much then, but it was an insane amount really.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 11:51:56  
It can be, but that's not always the case. I grew up with some people who lived in a group home, and even though it was a good one, there were some really bad eggs in that home, and quite frankly I'd say it had more to do with their family life before, and their trip through the system to end up there than anything. But even there, you could tell some of them had some severe issues, it also didn't help that the place had almost all of them see a "Doctor" who put them on all sorts of drugs. I didn't question it much then, but it was an insane amount really.

Which is why I'm about limiting the amount of children born in the first place. It's just a matter of degrees though; again, as I said. The situation is far from ideal. But they're still better off than they were in their birth homes in most cases.

Damn my ability to derail threads. >:(
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 12:31:42  

no. just no.

good god.

Spoken like a true statist. Forced (and otherwise) abortion is one of the most awful things we humans are capable of doing.

When we start restricting who can reproduce and who cannot, we are truly drowned in darkness. What an awful vision for humanity.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-01 12:46:42  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

no. just no.

good god.

Spoken like a true statist. Forced (and otherwise) abortion is one of the most awful things we humans are capable of doing.

When we start restricting who can reproduce and who cannot, we are truly drowned in darkness. What an awful vision for humanity.
Severe opinions!
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 12:54:44  
Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness bro.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 12:58:59  

no. just no.

good god.

I'm not talking forced abortion. I'm talking reversable birth control.

If you want all these babies around though, you'd better damn well reverse your thoughts on fiscal policy and start forking over the taxes to pay for their crying, hungry little ***.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:02:31  
Why? If people want to have babies, the responsibility is on them to care for them.

However they should never be arbitrarily denied that choice.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 13:04:00  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
State-sponsored population control?

Resulting from the obamacare death panels...

I'd prefer it come from state-sponsored birthrate limits.

It would solve so many problems.
We have a winner today!

How could I miss this?
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-01 13:04:31  
fiscal policy and start forking over the taxes to pay for their crying, hungry little ***.

or, you know, have people take care of their *** kids.

that could work.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 13:05:18  
Ebola outbreak to population control, brilliant!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:06:21  
There are bioweapons far more deadly than the Ebola virus in storage in the US. You have nothing to worry about. I find it kind of funny that people are actually scared, all things considered.

EDIT: Not to mention enough nukes to blow the world up 5 times over. but carry on worrying about a medical patient, infected with a known virus that can be cured and treated, who will be isolated and not come into contact with any other human beings physically.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 13:06:40  
fiscal policy and start forking over the taxes to pay for their crying, hungry little ***.

that could work.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but they didn't.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:06:51  

that could work.

I seriously hope you people against abortion and birth control impregnate/get impregnated every single time you have sex.

Every. Single. Time.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:07:13  
Blazed1979 said: »
There are bioweapons far more deadly than the Ebolas virus in storage in the US. You have nothing to worry about. I find it kind of funny that people are actually scared, all things considered.

On this we agree. Holy hell.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:07:43  
There are bioweapons far more deadly than the Ebolas virus in storage in the US. You have nothing to worry about. I find it kind of funny that people are actually scared, all things considered.

You know the fatality rate is somewhere close to 90% right? Basically drink water and hope your organs don't fail from internal bleeding.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:07:57  
Ebola outbreak to population control, brilliant!

I'll take the heat on this one.

My bad.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-08-01 13:08:57  
I seriously hope you people against abortion and birth control impregnate/get impregnated every single time you have sex.

never said I was against either....

all I said was people could take care of their *** kids.

which they can.

don't construe me, guy!
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:09:37  

You know the fatality rate is somewhere close to 90% right? Basically drink water and hope your organs don't fail from internal bleeding.

Fatality rates are based on the locality. A common cold can be fatal in certain parts of the world if they are impoverished enough.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:10:55  

that could work.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but they didn't.

Well we shouldn't be on the hook for their choices. I mean how are they gonna learn the smart things to do, if there are no consequences when they do stupid things?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44