Anti-Vaccination Legislative Win In California

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-21 16:51:16  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
..reformatory?
School is and always has been about reforming and conforming. Very little of school has to do with actual increase of knowledge.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-21 16:52:34  
Then maybe I'm just using the wrong word, cause I when I say reformatory I mean a very different setting than a school.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-21 16:53:41  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Valefor.Endoq said: »
What's an alternative school?

An alternative school, in the United States and some other parts of the world, is an institution which provides alternative education. It is an educational establishment with a curriculum and methods that are nontraditional
I.E: DOES NOT MEET STATE OR FEDERAL GUIDELINES/REQUIREMENTS.
Congratulations, Endoq. Have a box of saltines. You've earned it.

Now, can we get a nice mod or janitor to lock this thread? thanks kindly.
Actually they do meet the requirements. You would have known that if you spent more time researching and less time trying to insult...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-21 17:00:13  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Furthermore, this quote is often misinterpreted. Timothy McVeigh was infatuated with this quote and ended up killing 168 Americans because he simply felt it was time to shake things up. So, if you taking this the way that we, Americans, need to start shedding blood from patriots and tyrants to shake things up and to get what we want, how different are you from a terrorist?
Yesterday's revolutionaries are today's terrorists.

I thought everyone knew that by now...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-21 17:01:29  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I believe everyone here is crazy.
ftfy.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-21 17:03:26  
stop that please. I never said that...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-21 17:06:54  
That's why I had to fix it.
By charlo999 2015-04-22 09:14:49  
More on the stop the cause of disease vs the symptom.
Another complex natural vitamin essential.
God has already provided us with everything we need.

Link

Quote:
Vitamin D 'triggers and arms' the immune system

By Richard Alleyne, Science Correspondent
6:00PM GMT 07 Mar 2010
Vitamin D is crucial to the fending off of infections, claims new research.

The so-called sunshine vitamin, which can be obtained from food or manufactured by human skin exposed to the sun, plays a key role in boosting the immune system, researchers believe.

In particular it triggers and arms the body's T cells, the cells in the body that seek out and destroy any invading bacteria and viruses.

Scientists at the University of Copenhagen have discovered that Vitamin D is crucial to activating our immune defences and that without sufficient intake of the vitamin, the killer cells of the immune system – T cells – will not be able to react to and fight off serious infections in the body.

For T cells to detect and kill foreign pathogens such as clumps of bacteria or viruses, the cells must first be ‘triggered’ into action and "transform" from inactive and harmless immune cells into killer cells that are primed to seek out and destroy all traces of invaders.

ADVERTISEMENT

The researchers found that the T cells rely on vitamin D in order activate and they would remain dormant, ‘naïve’ to the possibility of threat if vitamin D is lacking in the blood.

Professor Carsten Geisler from the Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology, said: "When a T cell is exposed to a foreign pathogen, it extends a signalling device or ‘antenna’ known as a vitamin D receptor, with which it searches for vitamin D.

"This means that the T cell must have vitamin D or activation of the cell will cease. If the T cells cannot find enough vitamin D in the blood, they won’t even begin to mobilise. ”

The discovery, the scientists believe, provides much needed information about the immune system and will help them regulate the immune response.

This is important not only in fighting disease but also in dealing with anti-immune reactions of the body and the rejection of transplanted organs.

Active T cells multiply at an explosive rate and can create an inflammatory environment with serious consequences for the body.

After organ transplants, T cells can attack the donor organ as a ‘foreign invader’. In autoimmune diseases, like arthritis or Crohns Disease, T cells mistake fragments of the body’s own cells for foreign invaders, leading to the body launching an attack upon itself.

For the research team, identifying the role of vitamin D in the activation of T cells has been a major breakthrough.

“Scientists have known for a long time that vitamin D is important for calcium absorption and the vitamin has also been implicated in diseases such as cancer and multiple sclerosis, but what we didn’t realise is how crucial vitamin D is for actually activating the immune system – which we know now, ” said the researchers.

The findings, continues Professor Geisler, “could help us to contain infectious diseases and global epidemics.

They will be of particular use when developing new vaccines, which work precisely on the basis of both training our immune systems to react and suppressing the body’s natural defences in situations where this is important – as is the case with organ transplants and autoimmune disease.”

Most Vitamin D is produced as a natural by-product of the skin’s exposure to sunlight. It can also be found in fish liver oil, eggs and fatty fish such as salmon, herring and mackerel or taken as a dietary supplement.

The findings are published in the latest edition of Nature Immunology.

what it means against big pharma

how much needed daily.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-22 12:22:20  
Wait, not topic locked after page 9?

!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-22 12:26:42  
charlo999 said: »
God has already provided us with everything we need
El
oh
el.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-04-22 12:40:23  
El
oh
el.

Some of us got brains, those people have what they need, others........................ not so much.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-22 12:50:17  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
El
oh
el.

Some of us got brains, those people have what they need, others........................ not so much.
There comes to a point where it's no use arguing with them. They have this superiority feeling every time you prove them wrong.

Like at pretty much everything in life.

Maybe it's because they got the attention they wanted?
 Shiva.Onorgul
サーバ: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-04-22 12:56:10  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
They have this superiority feeling every time you prove them wrong.
I can't think of it right now, but I'm certain there's a quotation that basically says, "Being opposed justifies my stance." It's one of those weird human behaviors, though I can't fathom how bone-headed intractability is a survival strategy (which is where most or all of our cognitive biases theoretically come from).
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-22 14:02:35  

Including all the diseases and death too! Truly a generous god.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-22 15:15:44  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

Including all the diseases and death too! Truly a generous god.

How ignorant and simple minded of you. I can see you've hardened your heart.
You've been told about Gravity and the dangers.
You fall off a bridge gravity takes control and you plummet to your death.
Is it the maker of gravitys fault or the person who didn't listen?
Who's the more loving parent, the one who constantly keeps their child cooped up for safety always making the dessisions for them or the parent that can let go and let them lead there own life (giving instruction for doing so)but being there for them with open arms (after death) no matter what they do?
Ever tried being a parent to tell your child not to do something only for them to go and do it anyway?
Sometimes experience or watching others first hand is the only way to learn.
This is what he has given us to grow and appreciate.
Bad things are there for learning. There can not be good without evil.
Here we have an example. Men messing around trying to tell us what's good for us. Then trying to fix their mistakes with more messing around with nature, then claiming the glory with a % based achievement of preventing short term death. Only For more problems to arise then the cycle repeats.
Pride I guess.

And just a thought about death.
If the bible is true and we are all saved and get everlasting life.
Just as going through the lesson of appreciation in the pain of birth for a women for a lifetime of parentage. Ask any women they will tell you.
Or for a man to work hard to appreciate his rewards.
The same can be said with going through this world of good and evil and death to appreciate eternal lifetime of happiness in heaven.
The punishment of man in genisis.
But remember there's no point in punishment unless it gives a lesson.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-22 23:35:40  
There is little point in responding to all that. Even if I took it apart line by line and explained a logical problem with that viewpoint your god-glasses would just let you continue to see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe so feel free to continue doing so.

I do want to point out this part though.
If the bible is true
If the bible is true? It can't all be true. There's so many contradictions that if it were all true you'd have to have 300 some odd variable dimensions just to deal with the conflicts.

Anyhow, I'll try to avoid bringing this off topic but I guess at page 15 it's pretty unavoidable.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-23 03:53:01  
Quote:
There is little point in responding to all that. Even if I took it apart line by line and explained a logical problem with that viewpoint

Really constructive.
Go ahead point out a contradiction.
It's always funny to hear an opinion with no substance.
Btw I'm always open to listen and take on board opinions. I'm a believer through logic and understanding not blind belief, which all religions push and are wrong to push.

You need to try finding reasons and explanations, instead of jumping to a false judgement because you have seemed to hit a wall of misunderstanding.
The bible speaks of people like you in multiple passages.

Even more so you need to find the logic in your reasoning.
You say the bible was written by very intelligent men.
That took literally years to put together for an agenda to rule and have power.
And in doing so left, as you say, multiple contradictions. And the fact that the saviour goes against every single stereotype hero man has conceived of. Does that make sense?
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-23 05:10:56  
Also for the more science minded people

The inspiration if the scriptures scientifically demonstrated
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-23 05:11:44  
You had me at the title of your link lol.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-23 05:32:18  
Quote:
If the bible is true? It can't all be true. There's so many contradictions that if it were all true you'd have to have 300 some odd variable dimensions just to deal with the conflicts.

"The Bible" is a collection of written stories that themselves came from ancient history handed down orally from one generation to the next. The book of Genesis itself has something like four different authors, not to mention the many authors of the rest. It's not to be taken literally but neither is it a fairy tale. People similiar to those mentioned did exist and did things similiar to what was mentioned in those places. The exact details have long since been lost in time, but as a historical document it's fairly accurate when one takes into account it's primary source is oral.

Don't treat the bible as some divinely inspired document nor as a giant lie, but as a very early attempt at passing history down from one generation to the other via stories. Those people existed and did do those things, there was no divine entity involved, just mere superstition and people trying to explain the unexplainable in anyway they knew how.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-23 06:56:57  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:

"The Bible" is a collection of written stories that themselves came from ancient history handed down orally from one generation to the next. The book of Genesis itself has something like four different authors, not to mention the many authors of the rest. It's not to be taken literally but neither is it a fairy tale. People similiar to those mentioned did exist and did things similiar to what was mentioned in those places. The exact details have long since been lost in time, but as a historical document it's fairly accurate when one takes into account it's primary source is oral.

Don't treat the bible as some divinely inspired document nor as a giant lie, but as a very early attempt at passing history down from one generation to the other via stories. Those people existed and did do those things, there was no divine entity involved, just mere superstition and people trying to explain the unexplainable in anyway they knew how.

Just like any work of fiction, sure there can be some truth in it, just like there's some truth in Harry Potter. But I'd argue it is a fairy Tale. Even if they believed the stuff they wrote it's still wrong on every count of mysticism.

It isn't even original though, the vast majority was stolen from other myths.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-23 07:36:04  

Eh... Topics dead anyway so what the hell.

I never said the bible was written by intelligent men. They could have done a much better job. Perhaps discuss a few things prior to writing to make sure they have their story straight but before we waste any time, I need to know what you believe. No point in spending time finding flaws in things you don't agree with anyhow.

Can I assume you find the bible to be the perfect word of god and everything in it is divinely inspired? Or do you have another view?
By charlo999 2015-04-23 07:40:34  
Archeology has confirmed a number of people and places and events in the bible, so no it's not fairy tale.
And mans imagination has been coming up with gods from the beginning. The bible mentions this.
Your argument that written records show a correlation between different stories mean nothing in a time before/where writing was just beginning. Or are you telling me people needed these records for something to exist in the world? Therefor you can't date the oral information in the world from records.
And if it was a history book written for an agenda then it would make even less sense to leave so called contradictions in it on a collective bases.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-23 07:44:49  
Fenrir.Candlejack said: »
Quote:
There is little point in responding to all that. Even if I took it apart line by line and explained a logical problem with that viewpoint

Really constructive.
Go ahead point out a contradiction.
It's always funny to hear an opinion with no substance.
Btw I'm always open to listen and take on board opinions. I'm a believer through logic and understanding not blind belief, which all religions push and are wrong to push.

You need to try finding reasons and explanations, instead of jumping to a false judgement because you have seemed to hit a wall of misunderstanding.
The bible speaks of people like you in multiple passages.

Even more so you need to find the logic in your reasoning.
You say the bible was written by very intelligent men.
That took literally years to put together for an agenda to rule and have power.
And in doing so left, as you say, multiple contradictions. And the fact that the saviour goes against every single stereotype hero man has conceived of. Does that make sense?
The floods lasting 40 days and 40 nights, the plagues called out by Moses, Sodom and Gomorrah, advocating incest and child molestation, filled with murder, war and disease, the entire book of Job... Eeyeah, doesn't seem contradictory for a supposedly "kind, loving god". No wonder why I worship Satan.

Well you seem to think your more loving than god. So tell me, do you think it's unjust to punish a child abuser, murderer, etc? What would you do to one?
And your statement seems to involve that you know what happens after someone dies.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-23 07:45:34  
I'll write a fanfiction about our current politicians and fill it with magic and superpowers. I hope in 2000 years someone thinks it's canon.
[+]
By charlo999 2015-04-23 07:47:08  
I'll write a fanfiction about our current politicians and fill it with magic and superpowers. I hope in 2000 years someone thinks it's canon.

Because everyone wants to get power over others 2000 years after they die right?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-23 07:53:45  
Archeology has confirmed a number of people and places and events in the bible, so no it's not fairy tale.
And? Much of the Odyssey has events and people that are real too, does that mean Zeus is the true god and is completely real?

And mans imagination has been coming up with gods from the beginning. The bible mentions this.
And how is the bible any different in this?

Your argument that written records show a correlation between different stories mean nothing in a time before/where writing was just beginning. Or are you telling me people needed these records for something to exist in the world? Therefor you can't date the oral information in the world from records.

Wait... So the writers of the bible blatantly plagiarized the work of many other myths and changed many details but that's totally okay because it was before accurate history started? If this is the case, how can the bible be accurate since it is very simply the written account of stories that have been embellished for years through vocal tellings...?

So... Biblical believers can date the earth at 6000 years old but scientists can't compare those dates because it was unknown when it actually happened?

And if it was a history book written for an agenda then it would make even less sense to leave so called contradictions in it on a collective bases.
This argument really? Cause there were some errors it is obviously not faked because if it was faked they would have done a better job? Look. My argument on this is not that the stories were constructed for control. They came in to being to explain natural but unexplained happenings in life but as the stories went on, certain things were changed so they could use it as a method of control. Just like the catholic church selling tickets to heaven back in the day.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-23 07:53:54  
Missing the point. Good show of your lack of critical thinking skills.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17