FFVII Remake... It's Official! (Discussion)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
FFVII Remake... It's official! (Discussion)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-06-17 09:24:02  
I'm probably the minority, but they better keep random battles, and a free roam world map. If not I might not evan buy it.
[+]
By aisukage 2015-06-17 12:37:08  
So when cloud has to dress up to help Tifa, anyone else want them to make him look exactly like lightning for the lols?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 12:37:47  
aisukage said: »
So when cloud has to dress up to help Tifa, anyone else want them to make him look exactly like lightning for the lols?

I never knew how much I wanted this until now.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-06-17 12:45:31  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Why did it sound like Jiraiya was narrating that preview?

It was Jiraiya's voice actor, David Lodge.

They're apparently adding to the story.

Tetsuya Nomura said:
“I can’t share too much for now, but it won’t be a simple remake,” says Nomura. “If we were to simply just make the graphics look pretty for the new generation consoles, I don’t think it could surpass the original version. If that’s what you wanted, I think it’d be enough to just play the original International version on PlayStation 4, and it would be satisfying enough.”

“We’ve yet to show any screenshots from the game, but it has vastly evolved, so please look forward to it,” Nomura continues. “Again, this time, since the story is being handled by Nojima, that also means that there will be more work added to it, so please look forward to that as well.”
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 12:52:50  
Ok, look. Upscale the graphics. Tweak the story if you feel you MUST, as long as you keep the major plot points intact and don't alter the overarching theme.

But for God's sake, don't change the gameplay. That's what "remake" almost always means, and that's exactly what people do not want. The whole reason people are flipping out about an almost 20 year old game is that it's one of the last ones that actually played like a traditional JRPG.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-06-17 12:54:39  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Ok, look. Upscale the graphics. Tweak the story if you feel you MUST, as long as you keep the major plot points intact and don't alter the overarching theme.

But for God's sake, don't change the gameplay. That's what "remake" almost always means, and that's exactly what people do not want. The whole reason people are flipping out about an almost 20 year old game is that it's one of the last ones that actually played like a traditional JRPG.
I would be disapointed if they changed the gameplay as well. I'd still buy it but yeah...
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-06-17 12:54:49  
I think I remember reading a few things that were unfinished in FFVII. Can't remember all of it though.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-17 13:00:29  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

Yeah, and for that I'm really confused. They were talking about what a massive undertaking it would be to even bring the graphics up to par and how it might not be worth the effort... so now they're potentially doing that and completely revamping the gameplay?

"It's too much work to do what you want, so we're going to do what we want instead, which will take a lot more work."

I'm still optimistic, but we'll see what they actually end up doing.
 Odin.Jsmooth
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Jsmooth 2015-06-17 13:13:07  
People seem so worried about what they are going to change! I welcome whatever SE puts out. If I wanted the same game, I'd play the original! This remake will most likely not be better than ps1 release. You know the story and the outcome already! Updated graphics, voice overs, added cutscenes, whatever they add or change, the original is still the original. I agree with SE's outlook on what this game will be, not a port, but a remake.

Being able to relive the game in whatever fashion SE decides is more then enough for me to buy it and play it!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-06-17 17:28:41  
"Here I met a flower girl.
She’s a girl with impressive eyes. She’s around my age, or elder by one or two years. But the innocent radiance in her eyes simply makes her suddenly look younger.

Unexpectedly, I came to think of the color of my eyes. Bathed in Mako energy, they shine a pale light, and this is what labels me a SOLDIER. For me, it’s the mark of my enemy, Shinra, so I desperately want to erase it.
“Excuse me, what happened?”
She asked me the question, and then I bought a flower from her, which is rare in Midgar.
Maybe she’s pleased that the flower was sold, because the worried look on her face had vanished. If this smile costs only one gil, it is a good purchase."
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-17 17:41:42  
Is SE taking dialogue from Clerith blogs now?
 Asura.Highwynn
サーバ: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-06-17 18:03:38  
Nojima wrote FF7, AC, and CC, we have to just trust in him. The story is virtually his child, he's the George Lucas of the FF7 world.
By Chyula 2015-06-17 18:07:45  
it will be on PS6 come 2035. In time for every fans retirement fun.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-17 18:10:31  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Nojima wrote FF7, AC, and CC, we have to just trust in him. The story is virtually his child, he's the George Lucas of the FF7 world.

Ew, don't say that. Suddenly I'm imagining FF7 with Jar Jar Binks in it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-06-17 18:14:13  
I'm really hoping for an evolution of everything (story, gameplay, graphics, etc) and hope SE is now able to pull it off with what they've learned over the last decade. If the gameplay isn't improved upon along with the story, I will actually be disappointed that they chickened out. Graphics aren't really a concern because SE hasn't had problems in that department.

I'm already going to go into the game thinking it won't be better than my first time through the game on that day I got my street-date broken copy. If SE manages to exceed that expectation, I'll be happy and if they just blow it out of the water, then all the better.
By Draylo 2015-06-17 18:16:14  
If this goes well maybe they will remake 6 too, I'd like that.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-06-17 18:18:13  
Draylo said: »
If this goes well maybe they will remake 6 too, I'd like that.

Nomura open to remaking V and VI

Quote:
Square Enix's recently announced remake of Final Fantasy VII may not be the only classic entry in the series to get a major overhaul for current-gen consoles, as series director Tetsuya Nomura has expressed interest in remaking both Final Fantasy V and VI.

"Considering that we have remakes of Final Fantasy up to IV and then we have VII — I’ve been working with Mr. [Yoshinori] Kitase since Final Fantasy V, and we’ve noticed that V and VI are missing. That bothers me," Nomura told VentureBeat. "How come we skipped over those two?"
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-17 18:31:34  
That would be awesome, 5 too. Would open those FF's open to newer generation as its hard for a lot of people to get into 2D older games.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-06-17 19:23:57  
ff1 would be a prime candidate for remake , 2 as well.
 Shiva.Onorgul
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2015-06-17 20:01:09  
I wonder if this will make the story tolerable. Or even comprehensible. In fairness, that's a problem most Final Fantasy games have, even if you don't get sucked into spending 15 hours on sidequests.

Hey, y'know what'd make me actually give a damn about this tripe? In addition to giving the characters personalities and story arcs (seriously, excise Cloud, Aerith, and Sephiroth, and it's a peanut gallery of stereotypes with static motivations), how about making the characters meaningfully different? They're just Materia slots with a small handful of useful Limit Breaks and a couple ultimate weapons that vary in degree of tediousness.

But, again, in fairness, it's not like FFVI was a lot better and people wank off about that convoluted mess with a pointless second half nearly as much as FFVII.

If Squaresoft wants to see any of my money ever again, make an offline version of the FFXI stories. Tell me any of you wouldn't kill to roll up a character like the one you played, then go around recruiting party members like how the Trust system vaguely works in order to play a classic Final Fantasy game in Vana'diel. And, hey, except for Chains of Promathia, it's a reasonably comprehensible story, too, and the closest it comes to emo whining is when "Crawling in My Skin" starts up whenever Zeid appears on screen.

Genuine question: you lot who are whining about "Oh god, I hope it's a remaster and not a remake," why would you want a remaster? Oh boy, now the characters don't look like origami polio victims and Cloud's forearms aren't bigger than his legs. So what? If I need to wave my JRPG fanboy willy around in the air right now, I'm a Dragon Quest man. I adored Dragon Warrior IV and played the hell out of it. The only reason I prefer the DS remake is because, duh, it adds some needed gameplay improvements and extra content. If it was just a graphical update, I'd yawn.

If you really need those full-motion Tifa jiggle physics to get off now that you're no longer 12-years-old, there's plenty of that on DeviantArt.
 Cerberus.Laconic
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-06-17 20:19:34  
Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I'm a Dragon Quest man. I adored Dragon Warrior IV and played the hell out of it.

Please take your rant to the dragon quest forums then. Really, you just came in and ***on the two most loved games of Final Fantasy. Why are you even here?
By Draylo 2015-06-17 21:14:28  
Seems like one of those people who think its cool to hate on things that are popular. We've seen it before, nobody thinks its cool bud.
[+]
サーバ: Balmung
user: Yatenkou
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-17 21:25:58  
Snip

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
サーバ: Balmung
user: Yatenkou
By Tsubasa Ryunosuke 2015-06-17 21:35:15  
Josiahkf said: »
I bet the success or reception of this remake will decide whether others in the series get the same treatment so I'd hold off for now.

I really hope they hire David Scully for Barret
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-06-17 21:35:48  
i am so happy about this and from what i had seen on the stream it looked great and looked like they have a nice layout and something to work with again. also am i the only one who was able to tell it was ff7 before they showed anyone we would know. the music and the part with the kids was a give away.

next question how many times have i watched the movie and played any game that had ff7 in the title to many to count
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-06-17 21:39:51  
I wonder if this will make the story tolerable. Or even comprehensible. In fairness, that's a problem most Final Fantasy games have, even if you don't get sucked into spending 15 hours on sidequests.

Hey, y'know what'd make me actually give a damn about this tripe? In addition to giving the characters personalities and story arcs (seriously, excise Cloud, Aerith, and Sephiroth, and it's a peanut gallery of stereotypes with static motivations), how about making the characters meaningfully different? They're just Materia slots with a small handful of useful Limit Breaks and a couple ultimate weapons that vary in degree of tediousness.

But, again, in fairness, it's not like FFVI was a lot better and people wank off about that convoluted mess with a pointless second half nearly as much as FFVII.

If Squaresoft wants to see any of my money ever again, make an offline version of the FFXI stories. Tell me any of you wouldn't kill to roll up a character like the one you played, then go around recruiting party members like how the Trust system vaguely works in order to play a classic Final Fantasy game in Vana'diel. And, hey, except for Chains of Promathia, it's a reasonably comprehensible story, too, and the closest it comes to emo whining is when "Crawling in My Skin" starts up whenever Zeid appears on screen.

Genuine question: you lot who are whining about "Oh god, I hope it's a remaster and not a remake," why would you want a remaster? Oh boy, now the characters don't look like origami polio victims and Cloud's forearms aren't bigger than his legs. So what? If I need to wave my JRPG fanboy willy around in the air right now, I'm a Dragon Quest man. I adored Dragon Warrior IV and played the hell out of it. The only reason I prefer the DS remake is because, duh, it adds some needed gameplay improvements and extra content. If it was just a graphical update, I'd yawn.

If you really need those full-motion Tifa jiggle physics to get off now that you're no longer 12-years-old, there's plenty of that on DeviantArt.
Guys, I found a troll.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-06-17 21:40:13  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
i am so happy about this and from what i had seen on the stream it looked great and looked like they have a nice layout and something to work with again. also am i the only one who was able to tell it was ff7 before they showed anyone we would know. the music and the part with the kids was a give away.

next question how many times have i watched the movie and played any game that had ff7 in the title to many to count

I knew it was ff7 as soon as i saw the green lifestream lol. Pretty sure most FF fans knew before they showed the CGI stuff, considering that there was a huge rumor going around about it before hand.

Your next question isn't a question homie, just a statement D:
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-17 21:45:33  

Hmm, I'm not so sure about all of that. Although some of the characters do come off as stereotypes, I thought that their back stories and motivations were played out quite well and served to dispel some of my initial judgments of the characters. And honestly, I'm not so offended by the notion of them not being meaningfully different in combat. I'd much rather be able to choose a party based on who I like and placing my strategy in materia as opposed to being stuck with characters that I don't like but are situationally useful.

A lot of people seem to take sides with one game or the other. I played FFVI, got 100% completion (including all the stupid Gau moves), and still don't see why people love it so much. To each their own, I guess.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 23 24 25