Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?
Geas Fete Player Reduction, Average BLU Solo?
 Asura.Azriel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2015-10-23 01:49:40  
Odin.Terren said: »
So, funny story, a few weeks ago I got it in my head to go solo my zitah gear, mostly because of my frustration with the more people = more silt spent = less drops for everyone BS, at which point I raged when I found out it was a 3 player requirement.

Anyway, having spent the last few weeks spamming these NMs for Despair and Rawhide gear and a few other things, mostly with trusts and groups of three, here are a few pertinent notes for those of you (like myself) who plan to solo come update:

- Vidala, the tiger, requires a wind MB, not just high wind damage, to trigger the level-down. It levels up with Roar, which it spams. The timer on Burst Affinity is too long to rely on that for your proc MBs alone - you will need Trusts that can MB and regular skillchains. (one of the SAM trusts would be super handy there).

- the Wivre, Ferodon or something like that, similarly needs Water MBs to reduce its massive, massive stacking attack boost, and even then sometimes it's not enough. The trust campaign really helps with this one - August gets over 3k HP - and the Wivre's moves tend to do around 2400ish damage when he's really buffed. The most successful tactic we had beating him was to go all-out on damage, get the water MBs as often as possible, but really just focusing on finishing the fight quickly. On that note - Ulegore is great at stunning the wivre.

- Gestalt, the hecteyes, is pretty squishy to both melee and magic, so the only stumbling blocks are dreadspikes (blank gaze works well), his gaze attacks, and the whole chainspell impact thing.

- Angrboda, the golem, is again an issue of mitigating that massive aoe damage - the trust campaign and careful [Run away!] works well low-man. Temp items could be useful here. We had a whm with top-tier bar-spells and just about everything else so it wasn't as threatening low-man.

- Cunnast, the wyvern - the advice on the bg wiki about barparalyze and barfire is gold, it helps quite a bit. He wasn't so bad. Trust campaign would help a lot solo I think, a lot of this fight would be just surviving AOE on blu.

- Lydia, the morbol - pretty straight forward morbol fight, and no extremely bad breath. Ulegore is golden here for stunning.

I dunno about soloing the Revetaur, a taurus with two flavours of doom, one removeable, one not. The Trusts mechanics rules out your pld getting back up and tanking weakened, and the temp item doesn't last long enough for an entire fight.

Anyway, despite having most of what I need already, I'm really looking forward to making some attempts come update!

If anyone plan to do Escha- stick those notes on your 2nd screen you usually watch Animes :) Really helpfull info if you didnt figure out yet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-23 02:02:14  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
After doing Vidala in a really terrible pickup group, I can say with some certainty that plain old wind damage isn't what white procs it, there's something else involved.

Also for caturae, you can use F Rip for H2H, ranged is the more annoying problem since req is the only answer to that for blu. If only blu had throwing skill, could build tp to req at least, lol.
I think I've only ever seen it happen with MB'd wind, including Lunge. Multiple bursts will trigger multiple !!'s at the same time, too.

Ayame would have been perfect for that but her accuracy is pretty bad for this content level.
 Sylph.Gobbo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-10-23 02:34:11  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Sylph.Gobbo said: »
Bring Corsair, summon Selh'teus, use Tactician's Roll. Selh'teus spams Rejuvenation and you have yourself a TP Battery.

I think if you have a corsair it's easier to have the corsair QD or shoot, lol.

I'm not gonna lie, I completely forgot that fact lol. But it's something I utilize in Domain Invasion, feeding Arciela and Selh'teus high TP Regain makes you nearly unkillable and gives you so much TP. It's almost like paying it forward.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
サーバ: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-10-23 07:33:49  
Approximately how much would a CDC > Sinker > Entomb SC/MB take off of say Nosoi and the Orobon? Still need some Nibiru Cudgels and a sword.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-23 07:59:37  
Shiva.Francisco said: »
Approximately how much would a CDC > Sinker > Entomb SC/MB take off of say Nosoi and the Orobon? Still need some Nibiru Cudgels and a sword.

Me too, we should team up!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-23 08:29:20  
Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Also as a side note... please pay attention to the fact that the OP said "AVERAGE BLU". This isn't a pro blu by his own admission so don't base your own abilities as the standard of difficulty for these fights. These will be tougher on him than some people are making it sound.
I'm above average and I don't think I'd be able to solo any of these mobs. even with trusts.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-10-23 08:46:51  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Also as a side note... please pay attention to the fact that the OP said "AVERAGE BLU". This isn't a pro blu by his own admission so don't base your own abilities as the standard of difficulty for these fights. These will be tougher on him than some people are making it sound.
I'm above average and I don't think I'd be able to solo any of these mobs. even with trusts.

Patience my Padawan.
def gonna play tonight. I knocked some rust off last night helping someone with soa missions.

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-10-23 09:41:34  
Can't wait for the T3 solos Hyugaji releases after this.
By lhova 2015-10-23 18:01:13  

i know this is noobish but for a CDC > Sinker Drill > Darkness > Entomb Mega burst I assume you would have to CA > CDC > Sinker > BA > Entomb for Magic Burst. With the slow *** Entomb casting time and not playing on PC, is this doable? Or is the person popping BA and CA before they start the CDC?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-23 18:21:51  
lhova said: »

i know this is noobish but for a CDC > Sinker Drill > Darkness > Entomb Mega burst I assume you would have to CA > CDC > Sinker > BA > Entomb for Magic Burst. With the slow *** Entomb casting time and not playing on PC, is this doable? Or is the person popping BA and CA before they start the CDC?

Yes, and you don't need to play on PC to use a full fast cast set (see: macros>equipsets).
 Leviathan.Krysten
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-23 18:22:25  
wish they give us more time for battles thats my biggest issue
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Roundelk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Roundelk
By Bismarck.Roundelk 2015-10-24 17:58:38  
I have soloed all of T1 Zitah before I got my tizona using my mule and my wife's character, both those characters did nothing while I popped 3 trusts usually the 2 brds and Apururu and all them were cake except for the Taurus, you're going to need a savior's tonic and with that he is cake as well. I don't have any adhemar HQ or NQ but I do have 1200jp.
 Sylph.Parshias
サーバ: Sylph
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2015-11-17 07:12:12  
I tried soloing a handful of T1 Zi'Tah NMs yesterday on my decently-geared BLU, (don't have 1200JP gift yet) and had mixed success. I mostly went with Tank/IrohaII/ShantottoII/ArcielaII/Apururu for my Trust line-up, although that probably isn't the best set-up to be using. I don't think Arciela was too much of a help, and Ullegore is definitely a better choice than Shantotto for certain fights. The Tank was either Amchuchu or August depending on the NM. Here were my results:

Aglaphotis: Pretty easy. Amchuchu tanked this one with no issue. Might want to pay attention to Trust positioning when you spawn, as this guy one-shotted Shantotto with one of his TP moves even though I don't think she had hate. Next time I try this I'll try to get Amchuchu standing with no one behind him. Amchuchu got one-shot by that same TP move late in the fight, but the NM had about 5% health left, so I just finished it off with no issues.

Cunnast: Also easy. Had two instances where he knocked Amchuchu down to about 5% from full HP, so this fight might be tricky without the Alter Ego campaign going on. When that happened I would just use Sudden Lunge and give Apururu some time to heal Amchuchu back up.

Gulltop: I was a big dummy and didn't set Blank Gaze. Got him to 25% without any issues, then he boosted his evasion a bunch and I couldn't touch him. Died.

Tangata Manu: Easy. I can't remember anything of note that happened in this fight, it was simple to solo.

Vidala: Got him to about 25% before he leveled up too much. Did not attempt to MB any wind spells, just cast Subduction normally, which didn't help at all. Will try again with MBing Silent Storm, although my magic casting set is much worse than my meleeing set. This is a fight where Ullegore would probably be better than Shantotto, as she doesn't seem to care about monster weaknesses and just casts whatever.

Vyala: Easy fight. Wiki neglects to mention that he absorbs a specific element of damage, (not sure which, I'm gonna guess fire?) so this fight took longer than it should have as Light SCs would heal him. Other than trying to avoid SCing Light, he's a pushover.

Wepwawet: Was looking to be an easy fight until he was at low health and I just died. I was at 85~90% or so with Mighty Guard up and I was killed by something. Not sure which TP move it was because I had a bunch of chat filters on.
[+]
 Asura.Traice
サーバ: Asura
user: Soic
By Asura.Traice 2015-11-17 23:25:12  
Thanks for the info Parshias. I'm going to give this a shot this weekend.
By lhova 2015-11-30 14:16:10  
I don't see how people are soloing Khon with trusts. The doom aura is dumb and kills trusts. Then when he terrors you and has doom aura up its game over.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-30 14:43:31  
lhova said: »
I don't see how people are soloing Khon with trusts. The doom aura is dumb and kills trusts. Then when he terrors you and has doom aura up its game over.

Yeah, that guy sucks, though SMN or BLU could potentially solo it. BLU doesn't have to face the mob to try and trigger damage to break shield and SMN could get lucky on trigger to ensure the trust tank lives - but have to attack from a side that ist the front.
By Dunigs 2015-11-30 15:25:07  
Is there a certain shield type depending on which Cat. you're fighting? BG Wiki for Ma mentioned

Quote:
Shield from Tabbiyaa Gambit seems to be of a random damage type unlike some other Escha Caturae NMs. Corsair/Requiescat can be useful.

But no other page seems to say "This shield is almost always ______" or anything of the likes.

Only been able to manage Bia and Met so far; Met because was able to MB him down before he ever shielded and Bia kind of just felt like stupid luck. Are you generally able to just kill before shields become a problem on most or are people's Requiescats just usually reliable enough to take it off in one shot? Also am I correct in that the only thing that can trigger the "H2H" blunt is...H2H? Assuming heavy strike falls under the same mode as club and with that assumption seems I always get H2H shields :/
By lhova 2015-12-03 13:27:04  
Is Ayome Escha Ruann T2 mob soloable? I'm currently 1200+ JPS and my gear is getting pretty strong as well. Was curious if its just a srtaight zerg scenario and CDC spam. Don't think Whale is soloable. I need the abjs for Adhmar and Almaric.
 Phoenix.Libbien
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2015-12-03 13:46:58  
If you have a solid DT set I'd be shocked if it couldnt be done even if it takes a few trial runs to get a feel for it first. Id keep dream flower and entomb (can rotate sleep/petrify like this) for adds and tenebral crush set for physical shield time. I think the biggest issue you're gonna have is keeping hate on the tank and sustaining mp if you dont have a tizona, but the latter can be fixed by stocking up on temps/meds beforehand. Keep in mind the trust campaign is over right now so it may be tough to keep trusts standing. Good luck.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-03 13:50:07  
Dunigs said: »
Also am I correct in that the only thing that can trigger the "H2H" blunt is...H2H? Assuming heavy strike falls under the same mode as club and with that assumption seems I always get H2H shields :/

Frenetic Rip is H2H.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-12-03 14:49:46  
What about Goblin Rush? Is there a mob to test H2H vs Blunt on that's easily accesible and not a random Caturae.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-03 15:16:34  
Goblin Rush is blunt. I don't think there are any post-75 h2h spells.

As for testing them, I think the only standard monster type with an observable difference are magic pots.
 Phoenix.Keido
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Keido
By Phoenix.Keido 2015-12-03 15:41:48  
Using any trusts is not soloing...
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-12-03 15:54:01  
It achieves the same result (getting stuff without needing other humans), which is the point of the thread if you cared to actually read the OP. Now go away.
[+]
 Siren.Obliterate
user: TBMC
By Siren.Obliterate 2015-12-03 16:45:03  
I've recently started attempting to solo a few of these with mixed results. I'd say I'm an average non-1200+jp blu with decent alluvion gear. Here's some of my results:

Quick tip: for most of these, attempting them during trust campaign makes a huge difference. Also to note I do not have August and these were ran with amchuchu tank.

Aglaophotis- Attempted only once, was doing decent until apururu got hit by a tp move then slept and died to bio before I could heal her, tank died shortly after, got it down to about 10% and lost.

Angrboda- Attempted multiple times, was a breeze the first time until I wiped at 1%. Once I learned his tp moves get much stronger below 20% I would just run out of range during ws, then run back in CDC then run back out, seemed to work well, killed twice after this way.

Cunnast- Again just tried it once, was doing really well, as said before barfire and paralyze help a ton, was pretty easy got unlucky and tank got one shotted by breath, got it down to 15% before I also got one shotted after (breath reduction may help alot with this, unfortunately I do not have a set).

Tangatu Manu- Defeated it extremely easy the first fight with no issues so I thought the fight was cake. Lost the next 2 times because it was spamming wings of agony. Won next 3 times with a few adjustments. Fight difficulty relies heavily on what tp moves it decides to spam.

Vidala- Ahh the one I just cannot seem to beat. Tried at least 8 times using the info on bg and could not seem to be able to level him down reliably on blu. I know of the 8 fights I did I was only able to level him down twice spamming silent storm and subduction after roar. I did read above to use mb so I will now try that. Best I was able to get him down to was about 20% before he was too hard to hit and got one shotted through shadows. This was done by me going all out melee trying to kill him before he could level up and not bothering trying to level him down.

Vyala- Only tried him once and he was an absolute pushover, nothing really much to say on this one.

Wepwawet- Beat him twice, didn't do anything really too dangerous, I would run out of range on higher tier nukes and just melee him down otherwise.

Hope this helps a bit, hoping to see more strategies on these so I can knock some more of these out.