Trueflight Sets

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Trueflight sets
Trueflight sets
By Blazed1979 2016-04-07 20:14:31  
RNG isn't my in my top 3 jobs, so won't be getting weatherspoon.
I use this set atm for TF and wildfire isn't that different either.

Mal. Dagger is shy of being maxed on augments and haven't encountered ingrid for the past 4 days.
That's a shiva ring, Escha stone and Stoich. Necklace
Herc head has +13 M.acc and 29 MAB
Herc feet have + 29 MAB and + 4% WSD

I do ok, but not as good as other RNGs with HQ body and better Neck, daggers.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-07 20:18:45  
If you're looking for improvements, I'd suggest an AGI ring over the Shiva, TP bonus Moonshade over what I'm assuming is Crematio, and would suggest building some MAB Herc pants. Gyve have absolutely horrendous AGI on them, so even just getting something around 20 MAB should push Herc over them.
By Blazed1979 2016-04-07 20:28:02  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
If you're looking for improvements, I'd suggest an AGI ring over the Shiva, TP bonus Moonshade over what I'm assuming is Crematio, and would suggest building some MAB Herc pants. Gyve have absolutely horrendous AGI on them, so even just getting something around 20 MAB should push Herc over them.

Thanks. My silly spanish friend sold my garuda+1 to fund his Murgleis... but I'm on the lookout.

Cheers again for the advice.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-07 20:50:22  
You can just get an Acumen ring in the meantime.
By Feanorsof 2016-04-08 08:02:14  
Is there anything that might be worth replacing in my set? I'm hoping to eventually get lucky with Gyve body as I wasn't able to find a hq carmine body, im sure I can squeeze out a little more MAB from my herculean augments too:

Malvolence
Herculean helm - MAB 31 MACC 31
Baetyl Pendant
Friomisi earring
Moonshade earring
Carmine Scale mail
Carmine finger gauntlets +1
Wetherspoon ring
Arvina ringlet +1
Belenus's cape - AGI 20, WSD +10%
Eschan stone
Herculean trousers - MAB 32 MACC 26 WSD 1%
Herculean boots - MAB 30 MACC 28
By Zeak 2016-04-09 02:42:21  
Feanorsof said: »
Is there anything that might be worth replacing in my set? I'm hoping to eventually get lucky with Gyve body as I wasn't able to find a hq carmine body, im sure I can squeeze out a little more MAB from my herculean augments too

Gyve is kind of adequate for RNG, unless you have another job that benefits from it. Even at that, Carmine NQ isn't that far behind, and actually has M.acc on it, which is still a good stat to have. Samnuha is better than both with perfect augments, but that's ultimately up to you if you wanna scream at Teodor pops for 100+ hours. Might not be worth it if you plan on getting HQ Carmine in the end, anyway.

If you're still gonna throw stones at Herc gear, I would focus on getting some more WSD%. I don't think you're gonna get any more MAB than you already have, so WSD% is what you should be looking for. Try to get 4-5% on each piece, without losing too much MAB/Macc over what you currently have (At least 25~ MAB, we don't live in a perfect world), as that will give you the biggest and final push towards a complete Trueflight set. Unless, of course, you have/want a Gastraphetes, but that's something I'm on the fence about building in the first place, so I'm afraid I can't give any further advice than that.

There's also future Dark Matter campaigns to think about if Trueflight/Leaden/Wildfire is the bread&butter for your career. I've personally seen up to +9% WSD, and it's possible to get AGI as a mod with MAB, which isn't normally possible on Herc Magic glyphs.
By oldman 2016-04-09 04:31:25  
Gyve body probably isn't that hard to get now.

They seem to have drastically increased the gear drop rates in the HTBs when they did the last update. Soloing on normal with TH4 (BLU with darkmatter augs) I seem to get a gear drop every kill, at least until I have a few items from the BCNM, then I seem to miss out on a few. I assume that that's because it dropped something I already have.

So far this has been true for Fenrir, Shiva, Ramuh, Titan, and Dawn. I was going for a fettering blade from Dawn and got it first kill, so I didn't stick around to see if the body would actually drop.
By Feanorsof 2016-04-09 06:47:46  
Thanks for the advice, going to try another batch of Fern stones and see how it goes. I want to spam more SR anyway for a better Malevolence so I'll see how that goes.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By Verda 2016-05-23 17:08:45  
Can anyone confirm if Weatherspoon Ring works like Pixie Haripin in that it multiplies final damage of light elemental damage rather than just being straight MAB? It would definitely be the best trueflight ring either way but wanted to see by how much.

I tested trilling dagger in the offhand, with Malevolence in the main hand. Malevolence won out, but by less than I'd expect, I think the 10% of trilling is has the same mechanic as pixies too.

I also think Herc augs can win out if you have both high MAB and 5% WSD over most other options. Has anyone ever got both MAB and Agility tho? In over 400 stones I didn't see AGI on the magic path once, and I've never seen STP on the ranged path either disappointing I guess SE thought that'd be too strong or something.
By Afania 2016-05-23 17:17:27  
Verda said: »
Can anyone confirm if Weatherspoon Ring works like Pixie Haripin in that it multiplies final damage of light elemental damage rather than just being straight MAB? It would definitely be the best trueflight ring either way but wanted to see by how much.

I tested trilling dagger in the offhand, with Malevolence in the main hand. Malevolence won out, but by less than I'd expect, I think the 10% of trilling is has the same mechanic as pixies too.

I also think Herc augs can win out if you have both high MAB and 5% WSD over most other options. Has anyone ever got both MAB and Agility tho? In over 400 stones I didn't see AGI on the magic path once, and I've never seen STP on the ranged path either disappointing I guess SE thought that'd be too strong or something.

All light magic attack bonus gears are affinity, just like pixie +1.

So yes the ring is affinity.
[+]
By Verda 2016-05-29 00:19:09  
So I finished 119 Gastra today, still working on afterglow :)

I wanted to test it for real so got a GEO friend to help me, this is bolster Geo-Malaise, entrust AGI and Indi-Acumen:

For some reason, just using blaze of glory and non bolster was getting me 90k still I'm anxious to try it after I get weatherspoon ring and better gear in some other slots and try again with an idris geo. It's a very great WS :) I did 90k to the Ascended Mosquito too. With no GEO I do about 38k to Hippogryphs, Mosquitos, Beetles, Bores, and Skeletons. Toads, Pixies and Porxies though seem pretty resistant and take about half that. At 1k TP, I can do 18k to 22k depending on mob, tho seems about 10k to pixies :< This is in Reisenjima so ya vorseals apply. I was also using stary sibyl, and snow cone food.
[+]
By geigei 2016-05-29 02:13:41  
Glad to see gastra is no longer considered lolmythic.

Cannot get agi on magic path unless is a bad roll, mab/ws will win anyway on most slots if are high enough.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-05-29 02:30:12  
Have to admit that looks promising.
[+]
By Verda 2016-06-12 08:59:24  
Ok I got 99,999 vs all the non magical/light resistant mobs in reisenjima (not NMs the free ranging ones) with just aurorastorm and a non idris geo and star sibyl using this set:
ItemSet 344228

I'm still only about 30% done on afterglow too by the way, I was using abrasion bolts. Current augs:
helm: WSD 4% MAB 21
legs: m.acc 19 mab 21 wsd 3%
feet: m.acc 35 mab 30

If aurora storm is on you only change the waist to:
hachirin-no-obi
It's a huge boost, 10% multiplier for storm I and 25% multiplier for storm II that multiplies with other multipliers :D A simplified equation comes out to something like this:
(pAGI * fTP + ((pAGI-mINT)×2) + magic damage) * (MAB/MDB) * WSD * Weather/Day * Affinity

If no weather then use ponente sash in all my testing 1 AGI equals about .8 to 1.1 MAB depending on the rest of your set, so it wins in a pure DPS sense if you don't need magic acc.

So having WSD, weather, MAB, affinity and agi basically is really great, as we know. Also I tested on low level mobs and couldn't find any cap for dSTAT for the pAGI-mINT like a lot of magical WS have so it's either uncapped or really high.

My set isn't perfect meaning we can do even moar dmg! You can use these for even more damage with proper augs:
baetyl pendant
herculean vest
herculean gloves

All Herculean items should be WSD 3-5% and Magic acc and MAB 30-40, if you can score off path AGI or use dark matter it's even crazier (spreadsheet said no support was over 80k damage trueflight outside escha with all three sets of augs present with 50% more potency from dark matter... but yes it's impossible to get that much dark matter aug perfect ever still, it shows you the "what is possible" spectrum to use as a measuring device). Because of the WSD augment and magic acc, even non dark matter aug well augmented herc beat crimson finger gauntlets +1 but they are still an amazing rapidshot/snapshot piece and have a ton of ranged attack.

For a mid magic evasion targets you can use the following instead:
ItemSet 344229

Arvina Ringlet +1 is a compromise between damage and magic acc unless marksmanship skill includes magic acc somehow, and Ovate Rope sacrifices a lot for 1 more magic acc.
[+]
By Afania 2016-06-12 16:52:54  
Ok I got 99,999 vs all the non magical/light resistant mobs in reisenjima (not NMs the free ranging ones) with just aurorastorm and a non idris geo and star sibyl using this set:
ItemSet 344228

I'm still only about 30% done on afterglow too by the way, I was using abrasion bolts. Current augs:
helm: WSD 4% MAB 21
legs: m.acc 19 mab 21 wsd 3%
feet: m.acc 35 mab 30

If aurora storm is on you only change the waist to:
hachirin-no-obi
It's a huge boost, 10% multiplier for storm I and 25% multiplier for storm II that multiplies with other multipliers :D A simplified equation comes out to something like this:
(pAGI * fTP + ((pAGI-mINT)×2) + magic damage) * (MAB/MDB) * WSD * Weather/Day * Affinity

If no weather then use ponente sash in all my testing 1 AGI equals about .8 to 1.1 MAB depending on the rest of your set, so it wins in a pure DPS sense if you don't need magic acc.

So having WSD, weather, MAB, affinity and agi basically is really great, as we know. Also I tested on low level mobs and couldn't find any cap for dSTAT for the pAGI-mINT like a lot of magical WS have so it's either uncapped or really high.

My set isn't perfect meaning we can do even moar dmg! You can use these for even more damage with proper augs:
baetyl pendant
herculean vest
herculean gloves

All Herculean items should be WSD 3-5% and Magic acc and MAB 30-40, if you can score off path AGI or use dark matter it's even crazier (spreadsheet said no support was over 80k damage trueflight outside escha with all three sets of augs present with 50% more potency from dark matter... but yes it's impossible to get that much dark matter aug perfect ever still, it shows you the "what is possible" spectrum to use as a measuring device). Because of the WSD augment and magic acc, even non dark matter aug well augmented herc beat crimson finger gauntlets +1 but they are still an amazing rapidshot/snapshot piece and have a ton of ranged attack.

For a mid magic evasion targets you can use the following instead:
ItemSet 344229

Arvina Ringlet +1 is a compromise between damage and magic acc unless marksmanship skill includes magic acc somehow, and Ovate Rope sacrifices a lot for 1 more magic acc.

RNG has access to sveltesse gouriz +1, which has 1 higher AGI than ponente sash. I would use fotia neck when ws hits 99999 damage cap personally, just because adding anymore mab doesn't do more damage at 99999, but fotia gives tp return which equals to 999 damage with 1% of chance keeping the TP.
By Verda 2016-06-12 17:09:25  
Hmm ya, Sveltesse is one more AGI ty not sure how my search missed that on advanced search. DPS wise though unless closing a skillchain it's better to spam at 1k TP just due to how it ends up working out, but if you are capped dmg without the other gear then fotia would be good, this value is for 3k TP which you want for at least AM3 unless you need the accuracy (and is easy to get with barrage).
By Afania 2016-06-12 19:37:01  
Hmm ya, Sveltesse is one more AGI ty not sure how my search missed that on advanced search. DPS wise though unless closing a skillchain it's better to spam at 1k TP just due to how it ends up working out, but if you are capped dmg without the other gear then fotia would be good, this value is for 3k TP which you want for at least AM3 unless you need the accuracy (and is easy to get with barrage).

In escha you can always open with 3k before pop, since you can temp spam at NPCs.
By Verda 2016-06-12 21:13:46  
True, or have Tact roll etc, but you're not always guaranteed time to reget temps every turn or have tact. I was going to test if AM3 applies to barrage hits or not, my instinct is it does but it's hard to tell without controlled tests. If it does, then using barrage to get am3 means you lose the huge damage boost of am3 on barrage so you are left with a devil's choice >.> If anyone else tested it or knows let me know otherwise I'll probably test it this week.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2016-06-13 09:29:15  
Gastra AM3 doesn't ODD/OTD on barrage, this was already tested a couple years ago and part of the reason Gastra was largely shunned by alot of people in the past compared to Annihilator that has the ability to ODD proc on barrage.
These days Gastra is in a much better place when you can skew the overall damage contribution % of ws/tp/barrage phases and build a party around magic damage that plays well with the current meta of 'nuke all the things with sch+blm'

The +70 racc bonus from 'Increases Barrage accuracy V' while always maintaining am3 on gastra, + doing a small sample size can mislead someone that AM3 might be amplifying barrage damage, especially in cases where they aren't racc capped and they get 'lucky' on multiple barrage volleys (up to 13 shots can land in a barrage now iirc).
[+]
By Verda 2016-06-13 10:07:31  
I figured someone tested it before, if you can cite me a source I'll put it on the bg-wiki page so more people know. The chance to proc on barrage for anni and yoichi are low though only 13%, considering reuse time of barrage, that means roughly one in every 8 barrage even notice a change, statistically once every 40 mins if you use it on timer. Missed attacks or crit attacks, pdif and monster family differences probably account for most the range in barrage damage I have seen that's why it's hard to know anything without controlled tests.

Trueflight hasn't changed outside the ftp change that happened to a lot of ws at the same including leaden, meta has changed but that doesn't really mean the potential of the WS changed just the people willing to use it, we do have more item options now but we had less item options for both back then, imo people are just following what others say instead of thinking for themselves. There's no reason under the sun that people should say how great leaden salute or even wildfire is and say gastra is the worst mythic ever at the same time unless they're just totally misinformed, and this goes for any era of the game. There was a very brief one patch period DP had way higher than it should base damage but it was quickly patched, that was the only point in the game anything people said could even remotely be considered accurate about cor vs rng mythic. It never sucked, people just fail to think for themselves far too often around here. You go one place to another and people repeat the same stuff BLU OP, I hate BST, xbow ranger sucks, BRD is dead, Mage only endgame. Seen well geared mythic THF outparse well geared mythic BLU and WAR with 1 hour can beat both, BST is very useful even in no pet LS, xbow ranger never sucked and is the best iteration unless the mob is magic resistant, BRD is required for 2 aeonic fights and was never dead honor march only furthers that, Quetz server just did a mostly pet clear of all t4 aeonic nms. People hate to be wrong though after they said misinformed things, so they then get in the annoying habit of defending it even though it's wrong, cuz feelz. There wasn't ever a reason to actually hate Gastra or shun it. In testing it even gets the best delay to tp gain ratio due to how ammo delay works. SMN is often the same way, people think it's worthless then I show them some of the things it can do, and people still tend to repeat SMN sucks and there's still only like 8 of them online at a time on my server, but at least everyone I've played with knows some of the things SMN can do.

I'm anxious to get afterglow done, it more than doubles the base damage if you include bolts and I'm sure I'll start seeing some 7k occ deals triple damage with crit procs while TPing for my 32k at 1k tp ws (without support, you pile on support can be 55k+), sucks to be xbow ranger...

Having a high end party built around magical ws does at a certain point require solving both accuracy and magic acc and magic damage, but the pay off is worth it as long as the mob isn't resistant to light damage. I recently did zi'tah clears with a group doing mana burn on everything. Even with them bursting on many NMS I was leading the parse (not all, some don't like light damage or magic damage much at all), and I had zero assistance on ranged accuracy you can cap ranged acc on all NMs in zi'tah with just food, even using malevolence daggers. This wasn't even a party built around magical ws was just shoeing in ranger, if it was built for ranger I would've been closing skillchains every time I had TP and nearly doubling my damage had SAM roll and probably could self chain last stand to trueflight, and had full accuracy support so I could use more STP in my sets, and had dia 2 to stack with abrasion bolts and possibly even frailty. Since I'm possibly the only mythic ranger on my entire server though, making a group for that is never going to happen, unless I just get an Anni ranger to last stand for me and I close and he's missing out on the entire mage end of buffs. You can use other weapons for trueflight, but missing the 30 MAB and 30% WSD Gastra offers along with other benefits will be very subpar for it, aeonic due to tp bonus could keep up more on 1k WS but at high TP the TP bonus won't help at all meaning it wouldn't be great for big closing WS either. Sorry for the big rant about his but just getting under my skin, after this people will still probably either say xbow ranger sucks, or that it only recently didn't suck... even though neither are true at all.
By Afania 2016-06-13 15:12:19  
Stuff

Actually, trueflight and leaden boost were way more than just ftp boost. Back then they were 30% AGI mod instead of 100% with much lower ftp at 100 tp, and both ws were inferior to wildlife back then, with lower wsc and http://ftp.

Thats when people said RNG had the worst mythic. Ever since trueflight and leaden gets boost I don't think the community look down on rng mythic anymore. Atm people don't use RNG due to other reasons.

IMO The reason why leaden gets more recognition than trueflight is because cor is a more popular job and more people play it. Cor is a lot more versatile and pretty much works in every setup, including melee, bst and blm. Thus reward:effort ratio of gearing cor is much higher than RNG. When majority of the players have cor leveled and geared, people are more well aware of it's potential. That's why blu and bst gets bandwagoned, everyone and their mother plays it, and everyone knows what it can do.

And since no one really invest time and money on gearing RNG, building a trueflight centered setup is not practical for most pt leads because nobody has the job geared. While you can get blu, bst,cor and blm quite easily.

Regarding the issues of needing both acc and magical buffs for NM, it shouldn't be an issue on T1 and T2, or ruaun T3. RNG should be able to hit all of them unbuffed.

On reisenjima T3+ IMO it's more ideal to generate TP without hitting it with ranged attack IMO. Otherwise you'd ended up having an entire Alliance full of buff jobs just to get enough accuracy to hit them. Since you can start with 3000 tp and carry 3 tp wings temp item, plus 10 more wings from your pt members x5 if everyone has lucid wing 1 and 2, you can ws 14 times in a run without ever need to hit the NM.

That being said, in situations that you can't hit the NM without racc buffs or when you can't setup wing rotation effectively, COR is probably better at generating tp. Sam+ tact, quick draw, sub blm, +50 occult acumen set, thundaga spam (if the NM has no adds)for TP, can ws fairly fast without ever needing any accuracy buffs or using any ranged attack.

RNG can't use arendsi fleuret so the occult acumen build trick won't work as effectively. RNG also can't use quick draw unless sub COR so the options to generate tp against high lv target is quite narrow. And even then RNG can't quick draw as fast as COR main.

Overall I think the issue is mostly because no one plays RNG and it lacks versatility(both support and DD aspect) of COR. Thus you don't see trueflight centered strat very much.
By Verda 2016-06-13 20:49:09  
Afania said: »
Thats when people said RNG had the worst mythic. Ever since trueflight and leaden gets boost I don't think the community look down on rng mythic anymore. Atm people don't use RNG due to other reasons.
You're right on wildfire vs the WSC mods, sorry. I do know that people still looked down even a while back on mythic ranger, at least most people even after the WS updates. Hopefully more conversations like this change what people know though.

RNG was one of the most played jobs in Delve era and now it's almost unplayed, there's a lot of people I talk to that have Anni for example and just haven't bothered with either job points or afterglowing it, a lot of people played it because of the meta though a few fans of the job kept going with it. Popularity changes, but isn't a reliable metric of anything but popularity, and what is currently accepted. SMN isn't currently accepted but again some people that love the job do great things with it, Papesse is a long running example, so is Sechs.

I don't remember the post, but with some afterglow weapons a ranger can sit 1650 accuracy in Eschan zones before buffs, more than any other job, the support needed to land on t3 and t4 is less than any other (idris bolster precision + torpor is 400 net acc so boom over 2k from one player, ya it only lasts ~3 min but it's not meant as a solution but to make a point that it's very achievable for RNG to obtain such high accuracy with less support).

RNG is a damage focused job, just like BLM. They have some other things going for them but their main claim is doing damage. COR fits in anywhere because of it's support capabilities (rolls and JA resets and quickdraw). SCH also fits in anywhere because of it's support capabilities (can light or dark arts and both very valuable in many situations). Just like you won't bring a BLM to a high end DD fight due to buffs, you're not gonna bring a RNG to a high end mage fight most the time. Yah if you do regain and tp temps you can do it but it's not really optimal, RNG can hit. It would be nice to see some hybrid type setups like that though. I said before I play both RNG and COR, doing damage on COR always seems painful to me though compared to achieving the same results on RNG. Lower acc, lower attack, lower snapshot, lower rapid shot, no barrage, less true shot, a lot of damage options and traits from AF gear replaced with things for rolls or resists, or support capabilities. Yes, great DD COR exist you can DD with COR, probably better than most other support in existence. I just don't like the story people try to say where support DD are better DD than DD and I never will. In some situations a COR with their buffs on themselves vs a RNG without same buffs the COR will win. You can look at things like COR can fix things, less acc than ranger? I'll Hunter's Roll or Tact roll and use magical WS etc. To some degree it makes sense. In the same way a GEO can AoE nuke harder with acumen and malaise on the mobs, then a blm can without those buffs ya. But there's reasons why GEO aren't the ones nuking and why RNG were used in delve instead of full parties of COR. That's they myth of the mythics I never agreed with. Support DD are amazing jobs and no one should knock you for loving one or promoting them we need more of them. At the same time, we should be accurate though and not basically say RNG is just a shittier version of COR or something because it's not true, both have a long list of advantages of disadvantages and both are sometimes needed. COR is more popular because it is more versatile like SCH or other jobs that both deal damage and offer support.

Anyway, I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on a lot of this stuff Afania, and that's fine by me, it takes all kinds to make the world go round and I reckon at some venture we'll need both COR and RNG, and I might even be able to find enough RNG on my server who want to try killing hard stuff. The master trial for instance was finally beaten by a JP group using RNG RNG COR SCH GEO PLD, and no it wasn't magical WS it was Last Stand, but it gives me hope for renewed interest in the job at least for this one thing and I have fun playing RNG and I have at least one RNG buddy I can play with right now and people that know me and give me the benefit of the doubt if I wanna try something sometimes.
By Blazed1979 2016-06-13 21:48:07  
that is some sexy dmg - know what I'm doing after tizona is done.
By Afania 2016-06-13 22:23:00  
I'm well aware that RNG has more DD job traits and stronger ranged dps(although cor can hit 79% snapshot without flurry1, I would say snapshot is barely RNG only advantage). If you read COR thread I actually poked Sapphire to post arma 119 III AM3 white dmg SS on RNG just because RNG has way more potential to hit higher epeen white dmg.

I didn't say RNG is shittier version of COR, I only said it's less versatile, which has nothing to do amount of DD job traits. But more about COR has more ways to generate more output in situations that may not be favorable. I don't think it's biased to claim cor is more versatile than RNG, like how people probably won't disagree with you if you say SCH is more versatile than blm.

I also didn't claim COR could beat RNG in previous discussions, I only questioned your claim about it in mage setup because I think you ignored certain factors, such as how escha favors WS SC dmg and physical white dmg were minimal, and how true shot is hard to utilize with a gun and arma+ wf build due to being close range.

I was asking for math or evidence to support your claim, I didn't make any claim myself.

You compared geo v.s blm, but geo also doesn't have T6 and death, thus the gap is quite huge. While leaden on the same tier as trueflight... with a bit higher ftp actually. Unless you are in a situation that ranged dps matters a lot, I really don't see a huge gap between both jobs in magical setup, where physical and white dmg are minimal, and majority of dmg came from SC and wing spamming.

I can see RNG being stronger in certain situations. It's just that, the FFXI pt dynamics has changed since 2014 and it's no longer the same.

Escha favors lowman, thus a DD that can self buff gains an edge because it's one job that can do 2 roles at once. You can wing spam in escha so white dmg and tp phase isn't as relevant since majority of dmg came from ws and sc.

If someone could build a RNG setup for things like Maju or T4, I can see RNG beat the hell out of COR since physical ws is probably better for Maju, and you probably aren't going to kill it in less than 3 SC like other NMs so range accuracy matters. But it's a job no one play anymore, so it's kinda not possible to build a pt using RNG.
By Verda 2016-06-13 22:23:36  
Thanks :) Since I have some peoples attention at least, I wanted to say the other side so be sure you read it before making a decision. I'm trying to find VD BCNM it works on and what support, but most the BCNM have extremely high magic evasion (best I could do so far solo was 11k to puppets in peril boss without support). The way stuff takes magic damage in bcnms is just so weird, a SCH friend said puppets in peril the only one that even takes somewhat normal magic damage and he's weak to ice. Since there is so many multipliers a mob being resistant can really down damage too, you'll do 2k or 3k to avatar fights with no support for example and porxies and pixies and toads in reisenjima also take drastically reduced damage (though with a bit more tp you can still 1 shot them). Aern also take reduced light damage but again can still 1 shot with a bit more tp. The last two ambuscade been great for trueflight though, both demons and antlion are weak to light and it works well on them. If worst comes to worst you can always use last stand with the xbow, it still does good damage though you might get more with the aeonic gun, you'd have to factor in aftermaths and the acc differences.

I found this page to be helpful for knowing when to use trueflight or not: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Weakness:_A_Hunter%27s_Guide it's not totally complete and old but it's still a very useful resource. As long as it's not strong to either magic or light (or have a ton of magic evasion like most bcnms :<), Trueflight is a great choice. The only large group of mobs strong to light is many plants, though not all and most of them are weak to fire so can use wildfire on those. It also opens up hunting undead on ranger which without this or wildfire they aren't great at, since undead are strong to piercing and weak to light. Happy hunting :)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Doryll
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Smacks
By Carbuncle.Doryll 2016-06-18 02:31:25  
Hello ! Can you give me your lua rules for equipping the Obi only during day/weather.

Thank you
 Bahamut.Lykinia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ducky25
By Bahamut.Lykinia 2016-06-18 03:46:24  
So I finished 119 Gastra today, still working on afterglow :)

I wanted to test it for real so got a GEO friend to help me, this is bolster Geo-Malaise, entrust AGI and Indi-Acumen:

For some reason, just using blaze of glory and non bolster was getting me 90k still I'm anxious to try it after I get weatherspoon ring and better gear in some other slots and try again with an idris geo. It's a very great WS :) I did 90k to the Ascended Mosquito too. With no GEO I do about 38k to Hippogryphs, Mosquitos, Beetles, Bores, and Skeletons. Toads, Pixies and Porxies though seem pretty resistant and take about half that. At 1k TP, I can do 18k to 22k depending on mob, tho seems about 10k to pixies :< This is in Reisenjima so ya vorseals apply. I was also using stary sibyl, and snow cone food.

Awesome work, Verda. Good to see Trueflight with Gast is more broken than we thought it would be.
[+]
By Verda 2016-06-24 20:17:28  
Hey Lyk! Hope you come back we miss you.

Carbuncle.Doryll said: »
Hello ! Can you give me your lua rules for equipping the Obi only during day/weather.

Thank you
Here you go it uses motes, if you already have job_post_precast defined just put the inner stuff:
Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)

if spell.english == "Trueflight" and (buffactive['Aurorastorm'] or buffactive['Aurorastorm II']) then
        --print('weather mode')
        equip({waist="Hachirin-no-Obi"})
    end

end
By Verda 2016-07-22 18:15:56  
BilunSalaes said: »
I was really hoping that at least RNG had hope of meeting the accuracy requirements, especially with aftermath,

I just wanted to share this, me in Reisenjima with ulmia trust and sushi.

I can get about 54 more acc from vorseals than I currently have too, just haven't done enough dragon/sandoria stuff (counting them double due blessing). I could also summon more trusts for acc to get even higher solo accuracy, my herc augs are not the best by any means, and this was using aftermath 1.

Gonna share some other screenshots while I'm here, Gastra is an amazing physical damage weapon too, especially if you factor in the tons of accuracy and 20.5% def down bolts you can use once every 60s to really up damage and doing am3:

And at proper distance with an am3 odt proc:

I have also tested it with last stand vs the aeonic gun (I own both) and at around 1k tp, if I use an abrasion bolt before hand, Gastra wins in Last Stand damage as well, while having more accuracy. It's really just an amazing weapon for ranger top to bottom. Jishnu's with Gandiva should remain the best Physical damage option, but xbow is best magical and beats any gun for physical simply because of the def down bolts option and ability to use am3. On the ranged weapon totem poll I'd rate xbow > bow > gun to be honest. Gun can be good for trueflight though if you don't have mythic.

Considering my lack of the very best expensive gear like HQ abjurations or best herc augs for rng and missing vorseals, and the fact I could call more trusts and giving a margin of error nod and not including sharpshot, I think RNG can get over 1800 solo accuracy in Reisenjima, which is pretty damn scary lol. Even if you say 1700 without trusts, you're looking at hitting 2100 with just a RDM and GEO.

Asura.Mcdonalds said: »
Yeah, I don't know if it's considered good, but when I did get 3000 tp on a tier III it did about 23k. Much lower than I'd expect. I don't even know if that's considered a good ws number against them. Until SE changes something, it seems only casters are used unfortunately.
I dont know if you meant zi'tah, sky or reisenjima but you can do cap damage with the right support. SCH and GEO alone can more than triple your trueflight damage. Here is t2 reisenijma zi'tah, SCH and GEO and me in party. SCH made fusion and I closed with Trueflight:

What's more the SCH and GEO can be bursting fire for 2 burst windows and you can pump out of 350k+ total dmg in very short order (death rabbit there died very quick ;D)
By Creecreelo 2016-07-22 18:31:54  
BilunSalaes said: »
I dont know if you meant zi'tah, sky or reisenjima but you can do cap damage with the right support. SCH and GEO alone can more than triple your trueflight damage. Here is t2 reisenijma zi'tah, SCH and GEO and me in party. SCH made fusion and I closed with Trueflight:

What's more the SCH and GEO can be bursting fire for 2 burst windows and you can pump out of 350k+ total dmg in very short order (death rabbit there died very quick ;D)

Not to mention if desired, the Sch could extend the sc to make Liquefaction -> Fusion -> TF -> Light to allow for an extra window of Fire MBs. On anything weak to Fire/Light, this combo has gotta be the strongest option available right now!! @____@
[+]