April 5th, 2016 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-05 00:42:54  
darkwaffle said: »
Any idea what "The level adjustment in Legion has been abolished owing to the implementation of Ambuscade, which takes place in the same area." means for Legion itself?
I believe Legion mobs still had level correction in effect, which was no longer implemented on anything from SoA and onwards. They probably got rid of that.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2016-04-05 00:45:49  
If it's Ares's set, there's probably another armor file. I could be wrong, but it feels right.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-04-05 00:46:29  
Legion level correction elimination will likely make the event substantially easier to solo for staghorn corals/etc. Given their changes to voidwatch, things like sealord leathers should be easier to farm now too. The sticking point in churning out HQ abjuration sets is just going to be VNM.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-05 00:48:55  
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Cell effects trippled, incoming HMP/dross/cinder price drop.

Doesn't necessarily mean the cap tripled.
By iambatman3131 2016-04-05 00:49:39  
there is still a cap, just only need 1 of each cell instead of 3
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-04-05 00:50:12  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »

Doesn't necessarily mean the cap tripled.
Yeah, they said it will only take 1 cell to cap bonus light, not 3.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-04-05 00:59:10  
No mention of metal plates, wonder if they just didn't bother putting a notice about it or if it's held off until later.
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-04-05 01:11:21  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
No mention of metal plates, wonder if they just didn't bother putting a notice about it or if it's held off until later.
These are the updates to hmp they talked about.
Camate;573468 said:
Greetings, everyone.

I have a small follow-up to my previous post.

As mentioned, we will be looking into other avenues for obtaining heavy metal plates; however, simply increasing the item drop rate is hard to do. Doing so would change some of the fundamental specifications of the content itself.

With this in mind, we are thinking of the following adjustments:
  • When combat begins, Voidstones held by the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” will be expended.
    The Voidstones that are held by the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” will be expended 1 at a time, and this can be done until the entire stock has ran out.
    (As it has been in the past, you can still use the Voidstones in your possession to summon Voidwalkers.)
    You cannot obtain treasure when you do not possess any Voidstones, and if you are a party leader, you may not start combat without Voidstones.

• Tripling the effect of cell items.
    The team had been looking into making it so the cell items could be held in stacks of 99; however they encountered a number of problems and discovered that this would not be possible to accomplish. Instead, we are going to increase the effect of the item and adjust it so that 1 use of the item will max out the alignment.

With these adjustments participating in the content should be easier than before.
The vulnerability and alignment system will remain as is, but we will follow up on this with campaigns after April and look into further adjustments to the cell items. For the moment, we would like to see how these adjustments affect game play.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
サーバ: Asura
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-05 01:14:44  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Holy ***... the heavy DD armor. Tons of +accuracy and -DT. Now I'm gonna have to redo some of my WAR's -DT sets.

Those are some crazy stats. Does those gears makes previous sets obsolete?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-04-05 01:15:41  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

Umm nope. Literally changes nothing. Lol
I think maybe he thought the bonus could be tripled. If so that not the case what it means instead of using 3 cells to max bonus we now only need to use 1 but its still the same old bonus.

What it does mean is we can grab 10 stacks(120 pops) and go do Kaggen all day since we can also use void stones stocked on the npc now. Almace here I come!
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-04-05 01:20:05  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
Camate;573468 said:
Greetings, everyone.

As mentioned, we will be looking into other avenues for obtaining heavy metal plates; however, simply increasing the item drop rate is hard to do. Doing so would change some of the fundamental specifications of the content itself.

He also had that line in there which means they were thinking about adding other sources, but I guess they couldn't find a balanced way to introduce more HMP into the system (or they just ninjaed it).
By Ruaumoko 2016-04-05 01:21:15  
I don't know what people are moaning about with regards to the new armor set being WAR/DRK/DRG focused. Those jobs need a buff, bigtime. Weakness with the set is that it comes nowhere near to capping gear haste: 10% in total. You therefore need 15% in other slots to cap, unless you can put Haste on them.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-05 01:22:03  
Asura.Foreverj said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Holy ***... the heavy DD armor. Tons of +accuracy and -DT. Now I'm gonna have to redo some of my WAR's -DT sets.

Those are some crazy stats. Does those gears makes previous sets obsolete?

Well for -DT and Hybrid gear it does, my WAR gonna get some love. For pure TP I doubt it but it does provide some alternatives to throwing stones at Escha gear or spending bajillions of gil on HQ Emicho / Argosy.
By KnifeKatRengar 2016-04-05 01:26:49  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Any idea what "The level adjustment in Legion has been abolished owing to the implementation of Ambuscade, which takes place in the same area." means for Legion itself?
I believe Legion mobs still had level correction in effect, which was no longer implemented on anything from SoA and onwards. They probably got rid of that.

That mean the mobs levels were raised? And in this update, the levels were lowered? Wasn't the content easy enough anyways?
By fillerbunny9 2016-04-05 01:28:09  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
Camate;573468 said:
Greetings, everyone.

He also had that line in there which means they were thinking about adding other sources, but I guess they couldn't find a balanced way to introduce more HMP into the system (or they just ninjaed it).

can confirm, Spectral Alignment from Rubicund Cells caps with a single cell and the cap remains at 150%. I suspect it's just another promise that they hope we'll just forget about. will likely go out and try some VW tomorrow, I have a Wardrobe 2 to fill and then sleep to be had.
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-05 01:36:05  
You can now buy any item for the RME process via Hallmarks obtained via Ambuscade. Let the games begin, and the prices plummet!

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-04-05 01:44:24  
Can buy HMP's with points from new content.

HMP: 200
Alexandrite: 15
HPB: 35
Cinders: 1500
 Ragnarok.Slyshen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Slyshen1
By Ragnarok.Slyshen 2016-04-05 01:45:26  
  • Dynamis single currencies: 20 hallmarks
    Dynamis 100's: 2000 hallmarks
    Alexandrite: 15 hallmarks
    Heavy Metal: 200 hallmarks
    Riftdross/Riftcinder: 1500 hallmarks
    Pluton/Beitetsu/Riftborn: 50 hallmarks
    High-Purity Bayld: 35 hallmarks
    Umbral Marrow: 30,000 hallmarks
    Mulcibar Scorcia: 50,000 hallmarks
    JSE Mantles/Capes: 500 hallmarks
    Abdhaljs thread: 100 hallmarks
    Abdhaljs dust: 100 hallmarks
    Abdhaljs sap: 200 hallmarks

Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-04-05 01:47:53  
I bet some people look stupid right now for bitching about hmp
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2016-04-05 01:48:46  
4.5 hmp a day per person if you do both VDs, 3 if you do both Ds, 1 if you do both Ns, 0 if you do less than N. Supply fixed!!!
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2016-04-05 01:49:41  
good luck getting in looks like only 1 party or solo person at a time
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-04-05 01:49:58  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It's probably going to cycle with the updates. They already said they are going to change what you fight in Ambuscade every month.

oh completely forgot about that ty sir
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-05 01:50:06  
KnifeKatRengar said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

That mean the mobs levels were raised? And in this update, the levels were lowered? Wasn't the content easy enough anyways?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/PDIF#Level_Correction_Function_.28cRatio.29
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2016-04-05 01:50:43  
They made it easier but waaah I don't get a pouch for logging in.
By Verda 2016-04-05 01:52:03  
Quote:
Exchanging for Items
You may purchase your desired item or items in exchange for hallmarks. There is a limit on the number of times you may purchase a given item. Hallmarks that can be used in this manner reset each version update.

I'm wondering if those "certain items" include the RME currencies and mats you listed?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-05 01:54:32  
The limited items most likely refer to the total hallmarks items, which seem to only allow you one purchase per...phase, I suppose.
 Cerberus.Logical
user: cronix
By Cerberus.Logical 2016-04-05 01:58:55  
VW is not working for me - have I read something wrong? Perhaps I am just crazy, but I switched all my mules to "Stock" voidstone mode at the appropriate NPC, then popped using a voidstone KI on my main (since you can't pop from the "stock"), got the "no voidstone expended...rewards will be limited message" (no KI voidstones in inventory to test if this works), and upon kill, sure enough, just exp/cruor. What exactly have I missed here?

Furthermore, if the popper has to have a KI voidstone, all this patch has done is add convenience for the non-popping characters and mules (provided it works as intended). Popper will still have to return to restock every 6 kills, unless I've somehow misunderstood the patch. Can someone please clarify?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7