Tizona Vs Almace (119-3)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Tizona vs Almace (119-3)
Tizona vs Almace (119-3)
 Asura.Foreverj
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-26 06:42:49  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Excalin said: »
Shiva.Zykei said: »
True BLUs will aim for all 3 weapons regardless of difficulty!

Pretty damn close to having all three myself!

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Shiva.Zykei said: »
True BLUs will aim for all 3 swords weapons regardless of difficulty!

While it makes a great offhand. I think the process to get sequence is annoying. SE was lazy with the concept.

While I agree that getting sequence could be very, very frustrating, I wouldn't say SE was lazy with the process to obtain it.

The least involved process to get an "ultimate weapon" they ever implemented.

I mean they basically said "here is a new ultimate weapon and only a dozen or so mobs will give well geared groups trouble or have odd mechanics". That we then find ways around by subbing SMN, spamming BSTs, zerging, and other silly nonsense they don't want us to do.

But absolutely was SE lazy in the method to obtain the weapon. Literally all we have to do is fight the NMs in the three escha zones. The processes for REMs were much more involved.

Most of the mobs are a joke for players who are actually ready for the weapon. Then you have the Reisen HELMs which are just a pain in the ***. The discrepancy is vastly imbalanced compared to the average difficulty of originally obtaining the REMs. It is easier in literal difficulty nowadays to grind out better weapons than to fight the hardest content in the game for ones that most often fall short.

They might not be the best of the ultimate weapons

Some of the weapons are actually quite good, and I think the brd one is job changing to the point that you'd better not play the job if you don't have it.

According to you this is why u don't see any bards out there lol. A bard needs rema just to keep up with an Idris geo. whoa

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-26 12:09:46  
Asura.Foreverj said: »
According to you this is why u don't see any bards out there lol. A bard needs rema just to keep up with an Dunna geo. whoa

fixed

There might be some uncommon instances where plebian bards are okay, but generally speaking bard's not too good

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-26 12:19:58  
Siren.Kyte said: »
According to you this is why u don't see any bards out there lol. A bard needs REAM just to keep up with an Dunna geo. whoa

fixed

Fixed

Stop fixing my stuff lol

Daurabla 99 bard do you need it?
Ghorn 99 bars do you need it?

1500 heavy metals 60 riftcinders can I have it back? Lol
By Afania 2016-04-26 12:22:48  
Buying an aeonic weapon for my brd :(

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-26 12:54:50  
Siren.Kyte said: »
According to you this is why u don't see any bards out there lol. A bard needs REAM just to keep up with an Dunna geo. whoa

fixed

Fixed

Stop fixing my stuff lol

Daurabla 99 bard do you need it?
Ghorn 99 bars do you need it?

1500 heavy metals 60 riftcinders can I have it back? Lol

Yeah, I literally never need a BRD with those things ever. Unless they have honor march.

Idris geo do u need it?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-26 13:08:00  
No kidding floppy lol
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-26 13:20:29  
I have all 3 swords, although non are 119-3 but I am working on Almace right now to take it to 199-3 first. Sequence is not to hard to get but we have a good ls that can hammer down helms in a weekend so reisenjima was not that bad. I have a few friends that agree Almace 119-3 is the best option for first of the 3.
 Shiva.Francisco
サーバ: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-04-26 14:02:08  
I think the simplest answer is Almace for pure damage, Tizona for utility.

This event came at the worst possible time for me, unfortunately. Major projects due this week and last, and final exams around the corner.

Otherwise, I'd be working on both simultaneously!

Instead, I looked at things pragmatically, and realized I was already half-done with Nyzul and Einherjar, and I was sitting on a Tinnin and Samareya pop as well.

I went on a bit of an Assault and Einherjar blitz, so after a week of sporadically working on it, I'm about 40,000 Nyzul Tokens, a Tyger's Tail, and 29,000 Alexandrites away from being done with the 75 weapon. Still got a ways to go, but it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Hopefully this Voidwatch event rolls back around again soon, so I can work on an Almace too.

Given your situation OP, I'd get the Almace while you can. There's a good chance you might have a lot more of Tizona completed than you think - if you played seriously during the 75 cap. But absolutely take advantage of the VW campaign now if you can. I unfortunately, can't (much). At least it got me a pair of Carmine Cuisses +1.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-04-26 14:05:59  
No, Tizona is still better damage than Almace.

However, since the OP has already done so much for Almace, it's best for him to just pick that. They're both great weapons.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
サーバ: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-04-26 14:21:18  
Sylph.Oraen said: »
No, Tizona is still better damage than Almace.

However, since the OP has already done so much for Almace, it's best for him to just pick that. They're both great weapons.

That's surprising to me, I would have thought the lower aftermath threshold, high base damage, lower base delay, superior weapon skill and DEX+50 would have pulled Almace ahead. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-26 14:32:01  
They're very close, but Tizona pulls ahead as long as you can fully utilize AM3. Almace's nonexistent AM upkeep is great for shorter fights though.

Mythic AM3 doesn't pack the punch it used to with our high base multiattack rate, but it's still a substantial boost to WS frequency, average TP/WS (small boost in base critrate) and white damage. The ability to proc once on WS also yields a nice boost to WS (and thus skillchain) damage.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2016-04-26 19:05:52  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
They're very close, but Tizona pulls ahead as long as you can fully utilize AM3. Almace's nonexistent AM upkeep is great for shorter fights though.

Mythic AM3 doesn't pack the punch it used to with our high base multiattack rate, but it's still a substantial boost to WS frequency, average TP/WS (small boost in base critrate) and white damage. The ability to proc once on WS also yields a nice boost to WS (and thus skillchain) damage.

I feel that the Almace will has a better advantage for white damage. With 50 DEX and Crit Hit Rosmerta, I am seeing frequent critical hit OTD proc, making white damage substantially higher.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2016-04-26 20:14:53  
semi hijack but since this is an active thread....

People keep referencing the VW campaign when talking about making almace. But it seems like half the community thinks lights dont do much at all for pouch drops. Of course the price got cut in half within a few days of the VW event but that almost assuredly has to do with the "pull from stock" option which lets you spam over and over without warping to refill. Am I wrong in thinking that option will remain after the campaign ends?

If that is the case it seems like the "no time like the present" to make Almace will continue indefinitely (or until you run out of stones).
By Lariae 2016-04-27 01:18:55  
Everyone I've talked with says the lights help.. I can't see why they wouldnt
 Asura.Keaddo
user: Kadas
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-04-27 01:42:12  
The option will remain afterwards, it came with a patch, it's not part of the event.

As for lights not helping drops, I may agree with you:

I have spammed through about 3400 boxes over the first 4 days of the campaign in order to get my HMPs, with two characters (1700 kills).

I noticed the character not using cells would get less r/e crap but more pouches, systematically, for the first 3 days. 4th day I did not use any cells on any character and I got a higher average pouch drop.

While the sample is not the highest, it does give me something to think about, I suppose.

What people talk about and they "feel" helps with drops may not give the best idea, because before this change people would often go back and it was difficult to spam hundreds and hundreds of them.

However, I have never tried spamming Aello outside of the event, and it may be that some light helps whereas too much is detrimental ?
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-04-27 11:21:29  
The only truth to VW drops is that your crappiest mule always gets more pouches than anyone else.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-27 12:13:39  
Asura.Keaddo said: »
The option will remain afterwards, it came with a patch, it's not part of the event.

As for lights not helping drops, I may agree with you:

I have spammed through about 3400 boxes over the first 4 days of the campaign in order to get my HMPs, with two characters (1700 kills).

I noticed the character not using cells would get less r/e crap but more pouches, systematically, for the first 3 days. 4th day I did not use any cells on any character and I got a higher average pouch drop.

While the sample is not the highest, it does give me something to think about, I suppose.

What people talk about and they "feel" helps with drops may not give the best idea, because before this change people would often go back and it was difficult to spam hundreds and hundreds of them.

However, I have never tried spamming Aello outside of the event, and it may be that some light helps whereas too much is detrimental ?

So this leads me to a few follow-up comments/questions:

1. So basically solo-farming VW with one characters is pretty much a wash to get 1500 HMP or the rifts because the drop rate is still abysmally low. Right?

2. Basically if you run out of voidstones, you're SOL other than using voiddust (which btw goes to your on-hand stock, not the amount the NPC holds so if you're full on-hand, you can't use voiddusts). For players that are don't have thousands of stones in stock, farming stones via VW is extremely limited/impossible.

3. Even with stones, it takes thousands of tries (thus thousands of stones) to get anywhere near the 1500 HMP mark. So the only real option given the above is a mix of ambuscade and buying from AH. So, in all honesty, other than the QOL change to use stones from the NPC stock (and a seemingly useless increase of lights when cells are used), VW is pretty much the same as it was pre-update.
 Asura.Keaddo
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-04-27 12:26:31  
VW is indeed pretty much the same. Only change, after all, was to stock, and it only works for those who've been inactive and have thousand of stones.

.. and perhaps an alt with thousands of stones, as well.

Droprate per pouch is around 5-6%, as before, and voiddust do not share the stock improvement, so you're as slow/inefficient as you were before the update.

Getting 1500 HMP is still annoying through VW, and even spamming ambuscade for 100 is not as fun as it may (not) seem.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2016-04-28 00:21:27  
Personally, I burned 2600 stones and from my experience, you will get about 7-8 pouches in about 3 hrs average or 1 pouch 30 mins average, with cells fed. It can stretch from 2 hrs without pouches to 3-4 consecutive drops.

I rotate the mobs after 3hrs sessions. I have come across sessions where I walk away with 13 pouches from 3 hrs Aello and 8 pouches from Uptala in 1 day. And 3 pouches the next day from a 2.5 hrs session.

Ultimately the distribution will average to about 7-8 pouches in 3hrs.

However, getting the pouches is only half the battle, using them for good drops is the other challenge. Overall, I average about 10 heavy metal pieces per pouch, + or - 10 pieces when using 7-8 in a row.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2016-04-28 00:27:43  
Siren.Barber said: »
semi hijack but since this is an active thread....

People keep referencing the VW campaign when talking about making almace. But it seems like half the community thinks lights dont do much at all for pouch drops. Of course the price got cut in half within a few days of the VW event but that almost assuredly has to do with the "pull from stock" option which lets you spam over and over without warping to refill. Am I wrong in thinking that option will remain after the campaign ends?

If that is the case it seems like the "no time like the present" to make Almace will continue indefinitely (or until you run out of stones).

Even if you run out of stones, you should try your best to farm gils (Salvage spamming) and grab the available heavy metal plates since supply is high and price is lower now. After this campaign, it will probably go back to 150k per piece and only 6-7 stacks selling on AH.

Riftcinders will be easier to get after this even since Ambuscade will let you get 3 for 4500 hallmarks (hopefully subsequent months too), so more people are likely to sell them. 1500 heavy metal plates are tougher compare to buying 60 riftcinders at 1 to 1.5 mil each.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-04-28 08:03:00  
Asura.Keaddo said: »
VW is indeed pretty much the same. Only change, after all, was to stock, and it only works for those who've been inactive and have thousand of stones.

.. and perhaps an alt with thousands of stones, as well.

Droprate per pouch is around 5-6%, as before, and voiddust do not share the stock improvement, so you're as slow/inefficient as you were before the update.

Getting 1500 HMP is still annoying through VW, and even spamming ambuscade for 100 is not as fun as it may (not) seem.

The very least they should do is make the voiddust stones go toward the NPC stock instead of on-hand stock. Otherwise, unless you're sitting on thousands of stones or are ridiculously rich, it is impossible to farm VW solo in any reasonable time.
[+]
By Lariae 2016-05-15 23:18:10  
Just an update - I did finish Almace and I don't regret it at all. Very nice when your white hits do 1500-2000 =)
 Asura.Keaddo
By Asura.Keaddo 2016-05-16 02:09:08  
Congrats. It is indeed a very fun weapon! Those 2000+ crits are yummy.
 Asura.Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-05-16 07:10:25  
Lariae said: »
Just an update - I did finish Almace and I don't regret it at all. Very nice when your white hits do 1500-2000 =)

What's makes it so that high of a single hit?
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-05-16 07:12:40  
The Occasionally deals triple damage aftermath and a crit.