First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 116 117 118

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Clinpachi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 08:38:56  
Yeah It's awesome getting a 10+1 ticket, but they are kinda poop if you look at the fact they take zero banner rates into account.

I got lucky getting Ace this time around but when I look at the units I got across the last three 10+1 tickets, yeesh. Terrible terrible probability on them.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-09-27 11:27:35  
I am holding my all Tickets for Ayaka Banner not so much for Ayaka, though I won't complain if I get one, I want as many Silvias as I can get. I aim to farm at least 3 of her TMRs.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 12:01:38  
Well since It's coming up friday I'm sure we will see a news update banner in game tomorrow.

Which is great because I need more 6* mats and cactuars.
 Phoenix.Komugichan
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Komugichan 2017-09-27 12:22:52  
...it's an exploration? Well looks like I am not going to be able to farm all that much during my work week.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 12:26:26  
Phoenix.Komugichan said: »
...it's an exploration? Well looks like I am not going to be able to farm all that much during my work week.

It does indeed look like an exploration.

Banner to accompany this looks like Orlandeau, Mercedes, Luka, and Exdeath rate ups.

We're about to find out just how accurate these leaks are, though there is a possibility they may delay stuff by a few days to a week.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-27 12:31:54  
I used the 10+1, got mah first 6*
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 12:39:21  
Asura.Tydis said: »

Ayyyyy FF-Type0 *fist bump*

Rem is super good but they need to bring the event back to obtain her exclusive daggers. iirc they are important for her. I missed them myself unfortunately.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-27 12:43:58  
I apparently almost have enough mats to upgrade her from rainbow 5* to 6* as well

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 13:43:42  
Not to my knowledge. I'm interested to know if the next halloween event is going to use candy corn currency. I actually still have some from last year.

I hope they start to run old banners alongside new ones just to give us variety and repeats for those who missed previously.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-09-27 14:06:50  
Asura.Clinpachi said: »

Ayyyyy FF-Type0 *fist bump*

Rem is super good but they need to bring the event back to obtain her exclusive daggers. iirc they are important for her. I missed them myself unfortunately.
They're the only daggers with magic stat I think (she gets a 50% boost from having daggers and her native DW is set to daggers) so kinda hurts not being able to get them yeah.
By Creecreelo 2017-09-27 18:42:14  
Asura.Ina said: »
Should I been using my tickets? I've sort of been holding on to them for a while now.
The 10+1 and EX tickets don't apply to the banner summons so not too much reason to save them. Regular tickets you might consider keeping a stash for a banner that has units you'd want

I know for sure the 10+1 can draw upon banner units; I manage to get an Eve (my first Eve after three 9S so I was happy!) with one of my 10+1s during the Nier banner. I'm unsure if EX tickets draw upon current banners too, but I think they may? Would need someone else to comment on that.

Basically, it can be worthwhile to hold onto 10+1s for a specific/limited time banner for that small chance to get lucky if it's a banner you really want to pull hard on.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-27 18:46:47  
I did get a second Werei from my 10+1 ticket.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 18:55:48  
Creecreelo said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
Should I been using my tickets? I've sort of been holding on to them for a while now.
The 10+1 and EX tickets don't apply to the banner summons so not too much reason to save them. Regular tickets you might consider keeping a stash for a banner that has units you'd want

I know for sure the 10+1 can draw upon banner units; I manage to get an Eve (my first Eve after three 9S so I was happy!) with one of my 10+1s during the Nier banner. I'm unsure if EX tickets draw upon current banners too, but I think they may? Would need someone else to comment on that.

Basically, it can be worthwhile to hold onto 10+1s for a specific/limited time banner for that small chance to get lucky if it's a banner you really want to pull hard on.

I think people confuse the ability to pull versus the ability to pull with a higher banner rate.

You can indeed pull banner units from any lapis or ticket pull once maintenance concludes, it just won't be as likely.
By Creecreelo 2017-09-27 19:13:12  
I don't think I'm confused at all lol

Maybe I misunderstood what Ina said, since they said they don't apply to banner summons and hence generally not worth saving, which I took as a player could not summon those banner units at all. I know many players think those tickets can't summon banner units at all, so I just wanted to offer clarification and a possible reason for saving 10+1 tickets.
 Odin.Rikiyame
サーバ: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2017-09-27 19:50:43  
10+1 and EX tickets pull from the entire existing pool with even chances across the board. It will pull from seasonal/exclusives if that banner is up, otherwise, those are still locked.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 19:56:07  
To elaborate, if you pull a rainbow on the Ayaka banner during her rate up using lapis or a summon ticket, it's roughly a 1 in 3 chance to get the advertised rate up.

If you pull on a 10+1 ticket and get a rainbow, the boosted rate for Ayaka would not apply and you chance of getting Ayaka would be evenly divided against the total number of 5 star base units.

My math on this isn't to a science and more toward my personal experience, but imagine a 33% chance banner rate on the 1% chance you get a rainbow, versus about 6% chance to get the banner unit after hitting the 1% rainbow rate.

This is also why a 3% rainbow rate upgrade is needed because with every 5 star base they add the chances go down on getting what you want.

I suck at explaining things, so sorry if that's headache inducing.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
By Asura.Tydis 2017-09-27 20:00:57  
It sounds basically like the pool of premium medals in KHUX, every time they add a new premium to the pool, it just decreases the chance of getting the medal on the advertised banner.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-09-27 20:06:50  
That's not quite how it works. There is no 33% or whatever, there's no "chances of getting a rate up", it's all static.

Rainbow rate is 1% for any 5* unit. Banner rate up bonus is 50%. You therefor have a 50/50 chance at getting an on-banner 5* unit or an off-banner 5* unit, or a 0.5% chance of either outcome. Having multiple banner units lowers this further and divides between them. Example:

Banner has 2 5* units.
Rainbow 1%
On banner 0.5%
Off banner 0.5%

Banner 5* #1 chance: 0.25%
Banner 5* #2 chance: 0.25%
Off Banner 5* chance: 0.5%

The reason that EX tickets and 10+1 tickets don't apply this rate up bonus is because they pull from the general pool of units, not from the banner. You can still pull banner units, but since you are doing a normal rare summon as opposed to a banner summon, you will have an equal chance of getting any of the 5*s, aka 1% divided by the number of 5*s currently in the pool.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 22:02:23  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
That's not quite how it works. There is no 33% or whatever, there's no "chances of getting a rate up", it's all static.

Rainbow rate is 1% for any 5* unit. Banner rate up bonus is 50%. You therefor have a 50/50 chance at getting an on-banner 5* unit or an off-banner 5* unit, or a 0.5% chance of either outcome. Having multiple banner units lowers this further and divides between them. Example:

Banner has 2 5* units.
Rainbow 1%
On banner 0.5%
Off banner 0.5%

Banner 5* #1 chance: 0.25%
Banner 5* #2 chance: 0.25%
Off Banner 5* chance: 0.5%

The reason that EX tickets and 10+1 tickets don't apply this rate up bonus is because they pull from the general pool of units, not from the banner. You can still pull banner units, but since you are doing a normal rare summon as opposed to a banner summon, you will have an equal chance of getting any of the 5*s, aka 1% divided by the number of 5*s currently in the pool.

I stated first and foremost that my math wasn't direct science, but was actually more based on my experience.

When it's specifically stated 50% chance to get a 5 star base, most of us know (even from playing FFXI) that in most general cases that equals out to be a long term best case scenario number. For the immediate "right now" moment you can expect to get what you want 1/3 of the time concerning a rainbow or gold crystal.

I was giving a general idea of what to expect which actually, is pretty on point from my personal experience.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-09-27 22:04:10  
Statistics aren't based on feelings, they're based on mathematics. What you "expect" vs. what you will get are different things, "expecting" a banner rainbow 33% of the time is statistically inaccurate. Whether it's right now or a year from now, assuming rates aren't adjusted between now and then, the chances of receiving x unit is the same.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 22:05:04  
I guess its a good thing i said my personal experience and not feelings.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-09-27 22:07:38  
You said...

Quote:
When it's specifically stated 50% chance to get a 5 star base, most of us know (even from playing FFXI) that in most general cases that equals out to be a long term best case scenario number. For the immediate "right now" moment you can expect to get what you want 1/3 of the time concerning a rainbow or gold crystal.

Which is feelings, not fact. This has nothing to do with averages, it has to do with the straight probability of receiving X over Y. The "immediate right now" moment, you expect to get a banner 5* 0.5% of the time. The "long term best case scenario number" is still 0.5% of the time.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 22:11:09  
And again I was speaking from my personal experience. "I think my rate is this." and "My rate has been this for a year." are two completely different things. Reading comprehension.

If you really want to even argue about it, when a banner has 2 5* units you have 25% chance, if it has a single 5* unit you have a 50% chance.

If you don't want one of the two units, that limits your chance to 25% at best.

What's the median of 25 and 50. 33% is a pretty good broad generalization of getting what you want when I specifically stated my math wasn't perfect and that it was a solid example from my own personal experience.

Yes. You are very super scientifically correct in a 1 case scenario. Pat on the back. You did it champ.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-09-27 22:14:23  
But that still isn't true. Your chance of pulling an on-banner 5* is still 50% of 1%, aka 0.5%. Your chances of pulling a specific on-banner 5* when it's split between two on-banner 5*s becomes 25% of 1%, or 0.25%. There is no median or generalization, you do not suddenly have a 33%/0.33% chance to pull an on-banner 5* or a specific on-banner 5* just because you feel that you do. Regardless of the number of 5*s on the banner it will never be a 33% chance for a rainbow crystal to crack into a banner unit, it will always be 50%, 25%, 12.5%, etc..

Be butthurt all you want, but this isn't the first time you've given people advice using factually dishonest or incorrect info.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 22:17:13  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Be butthurt all you want, but this isn't the first time you've given people advice using factually dishonest or incorrect info.

You should really learn what broad generalizations and personal experiences are. Furthermore, you couldn't quote to a post where I was directly dishonest with someone if you tried.

I said nothing to mislead anyones expectations.

Nice try though. Take it to PM's next time instead of shitting up a thread over your obsessive compulsions.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-09-27 22:22:12  
Next time if you're trying to illustrate a point using numbers you pulled out of your *** or want to try to paint a portrait using personal feefees, try to type it out without stating things as matter-of-fact where 3 minutes of research on a reddit or wiki could conclusively prove you wrong.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-09-27 22:23:21  
Or I could state "My numbers aren't scientifically correct and go off my personal experience".

Asura.Clinpachi said: »
My math on this isn't to a science and more toward my personal experience, but imagine...

Oh ***. I did. Directly.

Also, have you even taken a statistics class or did you just read a wiki page someone else wrote? Did you make those calculations yourself? Doubtful. Regardless, Please review variance. Pretty 101 stuff. There probably isn't a single person here pushing 50% actual rates. Myself included and I've been playing since the store charged me in yen.

I never once stated 33% is the definitive 100% number. It doesn't even matter if it is right now, because the 3% change will have 1% on banner 2% off banner rates. Do you know what percentage that is?

You must be one of those SJW types that can't handle someone having a different experience than yourself, cause this is really ridiculous on your part at this point.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Done lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-09-27 22:25:21  
You've got some Saevel-level argumentative skills. Resorting directly to ad hominem as soon as things aren't going your way. Childish, tbh. I'm done with you.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 116 117 118