フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Omen Findings
Omen Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 61 62 63
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-04-05 14:29:49  
Started noticing that a while ago. Figured there was no way that actually took more than 20 seconds when going with 2 THFs.
 Sylph.Braden
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2017-04-05 18:56:35  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Are chest floors after Ou possible?

Ou and the card floor both come after the three copies of 16 treasure portents in the .dat file, so probably not.

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Random Fact:

Multiple Criticals in one attack round only seem to count as 1 for the objective.

No action (attack round, JA, spell, WS) can be counted more than once for any individual objective. AoE anythings also only check for the primary target.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-05 20:49:11  
There's also a limit to simultaneous actions, probably due to server capability in some way. If I'm using all my characters to get Ou KIs, 6 dias from 6 different characters will only register 2-4 of them for spells cast or magic bursts.

I'd assume you can't get a chest floor after Ou, due to not getting omens from the 'farm' floor. However, do you still get your chest floor when going from f2-f3 if you get an omen trigger then choose the farm floor?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-04-05 21:17:57  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
There's also a limit to simultaneous actions, probably due to server capability in some way. If I'm using all my characters to get Ou KIs, 6 dias from 6 different characters will only register 2-4 of them for spells cast or magic bursts.

I wonder if this is related to another weird bug I've noticed where it seems like the game accidentally combines different actions. I've had cases where I'm duoing with 2 blm's where I complete the 2000 dmg from a regular attack on a nuke, I think it happens when the nuke coincides with a regular attack from a trust.

The chest floor only happens after a boss or mid-boss right? So the 2->3 warp should never give you a chest floor.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-05 21:33:20  
It should never, but obviously you can get a 666 omens message and trigger before you get to f3. Has anyone gotten that and then chosen the small warp to confirm? If you do get that message, and you do get screwed out of your chest floor by going toward Ou, then perhaps it's worth considering. Too bad half of the omen messages never make it to the log if you aoe..
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-06 02:47:23  
Since many people sent me PMs about it, the omen objective tracking addon that I was talking about in the previous page is called Omen, and you can find it on the Windower 4 client.

As I mentioned before, the core of the addon was developed by Braden (realistically he wrote like 99% of the addon lol) and I just tweaked a few things, simplified some lines, fixed a few bugs, added a few features and compiled all the missing data it needed to be submitted on the official Windower 4 repository.
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-04-07 19:40:47  
Too bad half of the omen messages never make it to the log if you aoe..

You would still know because you would not get any messages after the 666 happened.

I got a chance to play with Regal Gloves today. 1K needles did 1203 damage and returned 261 TP. I ran out of time to test with STP.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-04-07 19:53:47  
Anyone want some Regal Necks? We've gotten like 10 so far. and 3 or less of anything else. We'll take some earrings, thanks.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-07 22:57:31  
Anyone want some Regal Necks? We've gotten like 10 so far. and 3 or less of anything else. We'll take some earrings, thanks.

2 and 2 for neck/earring for us. 2nd earring went to someone who has never come on a mage job for us, blah.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-04-08 00:31:59  
hey my blu and blm get used weekly ;D just not in omen....
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-04-08 04:19:14  
3 regal necks here in 4 kills.
Let's party!
By Boshi 2017-04-08 09:19:19  
I actually think we've got 4 necks in our last 3 kills also.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-08 09:58:43  
iv heard a few ppl in game talking about solo farming cards. Can this be done on bst?
By geigei 2017-04-08 10:18:48  
Any job can solo cards, that if u enjoy 1-2 cards per run.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-04-08 10:42:58  
Any DD jobs can easily solo 3-4 cards using trusts if you can kill mobs relatively quick (i.e. to get past floor 1 and 2 main objective) and focus on getting as many objectives as possible. Mages are much tougher as all the ws and crit dmg objectives suck when all you do it nuke and also hitting 15k non-MB is not easy.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-08 10:43:28  
geigei said: »
Any job can solo cards, that if u enjoy 1-2 cards per run.
not done much omen but a few of the groups i went with farming usually only wound up with avg 3 cards.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-10 14:34:29  
are the cards obtained from total omens collected and the cards from completing objectives calculated separately? Or does completing objective just give a hidden boost to the omen numbers you have?

If separate; does every objective on a floor independently have to be achieved for a card or will half the objectives form one floor, and half from the next floor still yield a card?
By clearlyamule 2017-04-10 15:28:55  
Omens don't give cards.

Objectives are added up cumulatively over the course of various floors and runs. Some talk about the time limit and floor complete counting separate but haven't seen too much numbers on it. They definitely require different amounts to get a card though
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-10 16:35:27  
from OP
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
How do i get cards:
You Obtain cards by obtaining "Omens". The amount of omens you have are hidden from you, and carry over from your last Entry. After a set amount of omens has been obtained, you receive a Paragon card. [More details needed.]

clearlyamule said: »
Omens don't give cards.

one of ya must be wrong'
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-10 17:12:19  
Omens seem to be a 0-999 /random where certain numbers will trigger chest floors after your next boss.

Cards are obtained after a certain amount of floor clears or additional objectives, seems to be seperate counters for clears and objectives.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-10 17:48:46  
Probably hasn't been updated and info was somewhat conjecture at first. Someone else can pop in if they've seen it but I haven't read of anyone receiving a card from just omens. Kills on alt floor, completing some kind of objective, clears chest yes.

Been keeping track of all cards for the past month including a mule that I'm not even trying to do real runs with just testing runs and like 99% have been from clears the rest from time limit objectives.

Still trying to map it out currently so far it looks like clears are counted together but are worth different amounts. Like on mule it took me 10-11 time limits between cards without getting any clears but on my mains that get clears it took something like 30 time limit objectives before I got one from that. Meanwhile my mains running thru get 2-3 clears but not in any regular pattern. Have yet to test only getting clears with no time limit objectives since certain ones make that kind of hard

Also speaking of chests. Someone asked before if there could be a chest with nothing in it. Seemed likely you'd at least get forced some gil like other chests you manually open do and up until last night I've always gotten something. But well last night got a chest with absolutely nothing. No items, no KI, no cards, no gil. Even waited awhile cause sometimes it takes forever for things to hit chat log. Checked 3 different characters. Nothing. Was chest floor after mid boss if that matters.
[+]
By sudsi 2017-04-10 18:22:26  
I haven't read of anyone receiving a card from just omens.

I don't know how things work, but there was something about secret objectives on small light f4?

I don't know if that corresponds to omens or objectives.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-10 19:29:47  
sudsi said: »
I haven't read of anyone receiving a card from just omens.

I don't know how things work, but there was something about secret objectives on small light f4?

I don't know if that corresponds to omens or objectives.
I haven't done the alt route myself (stupid bodies wont drop) but from what others have posted and the notes SE has posted just killing fodder can help contribute to a card. But I believe there are no omens gained on that floor from killing stuff. Not sure if the exact methods/amounts have been figured out honestly haven't worried about it too much until I get my bodies lol

Omens seem to be a 0-999 /random where certain numbers will trigger chest floors after your next boss.
Hmmm I only remember seeing 666 being the confirmed one. Is there a list of others somewhere? Last one I got was 623. Normally I don't know because I don't record most are after megaboss so no longer in logs but last one was after mini so barely in logs
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-04-10 19:43:41  
are floors (aside from bosses) random, or is there a flow chart type of selection system to get form floor to floor?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-04-10 19:49:03  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
are floors (aside from bosses) random, or is there a flow chart type of selection system to get form floor to floor?

The types of mobs you face are always the same on floor 1/2 and the smaller light floor. The mobs you phase on floor 4 after the sub boss depends on which final boss you choose.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-04-10 20:50:11  
Also speaking of chests. Someone asked before if there could be a chest with nothing in it. Seemed likely you'd at least get forced some gil like other chests you manually open do and up until last night I've always gotten something. But well last night got a chest with absolutely nothing. No items, no KI, no cards, no gil. Even waited awhile cause sometimes it takes forever for things to hit chat log. Checked 3 different characters. Nothing. Was chest floor after mid boss if that matters.

Odds are it tried to drop a ra/ex glassy piece that everyone already had.

Few pages late, but I got a card (not as the chest reward) from opening the first chest of a floor:

Can see that I was allowed 2 chests, the first rewarded gil and a card, and there was a delay before the floor was complete(when I opened the second one, and got more gil). So, the act of opening a chest either counts towards obtaining cards or has a chance to reward cards to individual people. Only the one character received it, wasn't the character that actually opened the chest.
By clearlyamule 2017-04-10 21:31:17  

Odds are it tried to drop a ra/ex glassy piece that everyone already had.
Yeah that's what I figured. Well that or a megaboss piece since I'm pretty full on some of those too
By Staleyx 2017-04-11 00:56:56  
Is it normal to get a job card for a job you are not on in Omen?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-04-11 00:58:07  
Staleyx said: »
Is it normal to get a job card for a job you are not on in Omen?
Its been reported by some to occ. get one from the previous job you were on as your first card.
By Ruaumoko 2017-04-12 10:23:22  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Recorded and uploaded a video of a recent Ou kill, if people need a tank's perspective of the fight.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 61 62 63