Random Politics & Religion #24

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #24
Random Politics & Religion #24
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 79 80 81
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-26 10:50:17  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
He used the words "This entire area."

I believe I mentioned a while back that I relocated to Northern Virginia, I'm right outside DC and smack in the middle of the liberal bubble. This is the East Coast version of California complete with it's own Silicon Valley.

So when I say "this entire area" I'm quite literally referring to the ground under my feet and the political influence inherent in it. Every morning I turn on the radio as I drive to work and have to deal with the "why can't we impeach him already" radio personalities. ***like "how has your idea of gender been changed with the election of Trump" and so forth.
By fonewear 2017-05-26 10:52:19  
I've been to DC many times and I assure you it smells like a swamp.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-26 10:54:48  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And don't say that the Republicans are the same. Unlike the hero worship the liberals/democrats gave Obama, Trump has been receiving almost no support from Republicans in Congress. Some (McCain/Lieberman (although....)) have openly opposed some things Trump has done in recent months.

That's because Trump isn't a Republican and the Republican's know it. Trump might as well put a (I) next to his name. Both parties hate him because it's not one of them, the liberals overtly because they lost and they absolutely loath losing, and the conservatives covertly because they need to maintain some semblance of face.

And just in case anyone here though the Republicans would defend or support Trump, if Trump gets impeached or resigns then Pence becomes President. The Republicans would absolutely love having a "real Republican" as President, they have no love for President Trump or desire to see him stay in office.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-05-26 10:56:48  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Or they're free to wait until the Supreme Court destroys the lower court rulings.
Lol dun dun DUNNNNN
By fonewear 2017-05-26 10:57:18  
I think it is more we just wanted someone to win. And let's face it Jeb Bush is like plain toast. He couldn't win a pinewood derby let alone election.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 10:57:48  
eliroo said: »
The point is that you keep using Logical Fallacies incorrectly in an effort to give you a step up on whoever you are arguing with.
Um...thanks? I guess?

I mean, I guess the goal is to not use logical fallacies at all, since that underminds the argument being made, but using them incorrectly is a good thing? I think?

Why not just take it as advice and learn how to actually use the fallacy correctly.
Naw, I don't want to learn how to debate like Vic and Pleebo.

I've pointed how you've used it wrong how many times?
Except you haven't. You think you have, but you keep missing the mark.

You are the Logical Stormtrooper of FFXIAH.com. Every time you shoot your mouth off, it misses the point.

Just stop using it, or learn how to use it.
Again, isn't the point to not use it period? If I'm not using it to the effect you wanted, does that mean that I'm not using it period?

/raptorthoughts.jpg
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 10:58:33  
Anna Ruthven said: »
fonewear said: »
I wonder what Teddy Roosevelt would have done with Syrian refugees that is the real question of the day.
Just wanted to use the bold function.
You could, you know, ask Rooks to remove it. I mean, if it bothers you so much.
By fonewear 2017-05-26 10:59:26  
I think we should have a snowflake feature for when I am feeling upset about Trump.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-05-26 11:04:57  
Asura.Saevel said: »

I believe I mentioned a while back that I relocated to Northern Virginia, I'm right outside DC and smack in the middle of the liberal bubble. This is the East Coast version of California complete with it's own Silicon Valley.

So when I say "this entire area" I'm quite literally referring to the ground under my feet and the political influence inherent in it. Every morning I turn on the radio as I drive to work and have to deal with the "why can't we impeach him already" radio personalities. ***like "how has your idea of gender been changed with the election of Trump" and so forth.
I thought you were refering to the 4th's entire domain.

I lived in the DC area off and on from '61 - '72, Alexandria for two years. It was liberal then too.
By Nausi 2017-05-26 11:06:26  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
And don't say that the Republicans are the same. Unlike the hero worship the liberals/democrats gave Obama, Trump has been receiving almost no support from Republicans in Congress. Some (McCain/Lieberman (although....)) have openly opposed some things Trump has done in recent months.

That's because Trump isn't a Republican and the Republican's know it. Trump might as well put a (I) next to his name. Both parties hate him because it's not one of them, the liberals overtly because they lost and they absolutely loath losing, and the conservatives covertly because they need to maintain some semblance of face.

And just in case anyone here though the Republicans would defend or support Trump, if Trump gets impeached or resigns then Pence becomes President. The Republicans would absolutely love having a "real Republican" as President, they have no love for President Trump or desire to see him stay in office.

Abusive spouses (DC) have a vested interest in keeping their partners (citizens) hooked on the idea that life without them would've a disaster if it was ever attempted. Trump is the embodiment that anyone can goto Washington and show them how it's done. If he's successful, it really means the idea that those in DC are uniquely qualified to be there is just another way they *** us over in the quest to rip us off.

They all have a heavily vested interest in preventing him from succeeding.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 11:06:55  
The best thing in DC for me is the war memorials the only real men in DC for that matter...
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 11:07:48  
Hell he might have to body slam Angela Merkel to get her to stop letting refugees in Germany !
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-26 11:10:24  
In the "totally wrong but absolutely hilarious" category:

Texas teacher's 'most likely to become a terrorist' award for student draws backlash

Quote:
A teacher at a Texas school was suspended after she presented a student with "Most likely to become a terrorist" award on Tuesday, the girl's family said.

Villanueva, who is part of an academic honors program, said a group of teachers were giving the certificates out as a joke, part of a mock awards ceremony before summer vacation, according to The Washington Post. The 13-year-old found nothing about it funny.

Other awards students received included "most likely to cry for every little thing" and "most likely to become homeless."
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 11:13:57  
Damn when I was in school I was voted most likely to post on FFXIAh. And I achieved that goal.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 11:20:06  

I see the problem, too close to Houston.

/Texasproblems.jpg
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 11:21:15  
Also:

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 11:22:37  
Also:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 11:23:33  
See this all the time:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 11:25:23  
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 11:26:35  
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 11:27:28  
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-26 11:43:21  
So, when and where is the next special election that is totally a referendum on Trump until the Republican wins and then it's totally not? I need to make sure my list gets updated.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-05-26 11:45:28  
Isn't it Georgia again?

Last election was to determine who will be in the runoff. This time, it's for keeps.

Let's see how much outside money is wasted from San Francisco before Handel wins.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-26 11:46:55  

I thought you were refering to the 4th's entire domain.

I lived in the DC area off and on from '61 - '72, Alexandria for two years. It was liberal then too.

The home of the 4th Circuit is Richmond VA, so while it covers a large spot of the mid-Atlantic region it's political slant is decidedly left. This was further pushed left during Obama's time as his appointed several activist judges to the bench.

Did you know that there are several area's in the 9th circuits domain that are very conservative yet because of the 9th being located in San Francisco and being politically connected to California it's an extremely liberal court.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-26 11:50:38  
The best thing in DC for me is the war memorials the only real men in DC for that matter...

It's an extremely beautiful area. The really crazy part is how hyper-segregated it is, which considering the political leanings shouldn't be happening. What I've seen out here only confirms my believes that most modern progressives are just upper middle class members with a self loathing streak.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-05-26 11:57:26  
Clinton has yet ANOTHER coughing fit during a commencement speech.
By fonewear 2017-05-26 12:01:03  
Zuckerface wants a global income for everyone yet fails to give me money. I think we should boycott Facebook for real this time !

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-joins-silicon-valley-202800717.html
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 12:03:40  
Nausi said: »
Clinton has yet ANOTHER coughing fit during a commencement speech.

I heard it was Satan trying to escape...
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-26 12:09:28  
Zuckerface wants a global income for everyone yet fails to give me money. I think we should boycott Facebook for real this time !

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-joins-silicon-valley-202800717.html

Person A: We should all do (insert thing here).

Person B: Then you should go first and set the example.

Person A: No.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-05-26 12:12:23  
I do like a billionaire preaching to me about income inequality makes me feel drunk when I'm sober.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 79 80 81