Let's Go! Vana'diel Day [May - Spawn Killing/Head Shotting Moogles]

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online

You must be logged in to do that.

フォーラム » FFXI » General » Let's Go! Vana'diel Day [May - Spawn Killing/Head Shotting Moogles]
Let's Go! Vana'diel Day [May - Spawn Killing/Head Shotting Moogles]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Thisnameistaken 2017-07-14 11:54:56  
This is Bizarrely bad especially compared to last month.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 12:02:03  
Odin.Geriond said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
If there is nothing else tied into this event.... how in the heck are they seriously gonna tease last months campaign and pitch us this trash this month?

They were hoping people would take off from work, stockpile gobbie keys, and clear out their schedule for the next 24 hours to get it all done.

Jokes on us SE.
I mean, SE already said a few times that the 15th day campaign was going to be different every month.

It IS really disappointing, but getting your hopes up so high might have been unjustified.

There were over 30 people surrounding Oseem at launch. Everyone thought the campaigns were coming back.

Yes they said it was going to be 'different', but that could have meant a number of things since SE is often ambiguous (it could have meant cycling different campaigns, or adding new ones). In the past they said they were adding "new routes to Omen, including ones without bosses". They word ***so awkwardly that its hard to ever get a good understanding of what's to come.

And they spend a lot of time catering to 99+ characters that I'm just baffled they'd implement something like this that doesn't cater to them. Its not even a full 10 minutes worth of a campaign, let alone 24 hours.

So unless this campaign is still undiscovered as to what it provides, this is a monumental failure of VanaDiel day.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 12:07:25  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Nah, it'll be like "For the next 24 hours MNK will be boosted up to melee BLM with a scythe level of damage."
Monk is the new loldrg?
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-07-14 12:15:43  
can't be, cuz monk doesn't exist
 Sylph.Matamort
サーバ: Sylph
user: Urmomshot
By Sylph.Matamort 2017-07-14 12:26:49  
Why recycle the old thread instead of making a new one?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 12:40:52  
Sylph.Matamort said: »
Reasons
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-14 12:43:48  
Because I wanted to make a period joke on page 4.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-14 12:49:23  
If there is nothing else tied into this event.... how in the heck are they seriously gonna tease last months campaign and pitch us this trash this month?

They were hoping people would take off from work, stockpile gobbie keys, and clear out their schedule for the next 24 hours to get it all done.

Jokes on us SE.
I mean, SE already said a few times that the 15th day campaign was going to be different every month.

It IS really disappointing, but getting your hopes up so high might have been unjustified.

There were over 30 people surrounding Oseem at launch. Everyone thought the campaigns were coming back.

Yes they said it was going to be 'different', but that could have meant a number of things since SE is often ambiguous (it could have meant cycling different campaigns, or adding new ones). In the past they said they were adding "new routes to Omen, including ones without bosses". They word ***so awkwardly that its hard to ever get a good understanding of what's to come.

And they spend a lot of time catering to 99+ characters that I'm just baffled they'd implement something like this that doesn't cater to them. Its not even a full 10 minutes worth of a campaign, let alone 24 hours.

So unless this campaign is still undiscovered as to what it provides, this is a monumental failure of VanaDiel day.
tbf they did say look out for the clues for each month and last month's clue was specifically various campaigns would be in effect. So it was highly unlikely that this would just be cycling campaigns. And omen did effectively add a route without the bosses just also became the route for Ou as well
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-07-14 12:53:16  

Jokes on us SE.

Jokes on us SE.

Sure. I was expecting something different but in the same token, this seems like a complete joke since they got everyone hyped after the first event. Hard to follow that campaign day I guess.

Needless to say. I'll got garb some costume items ~_~
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-07-14 12:53:21  
A day to remember all of the lamer events has given us in the past. Thanks, SE!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 12:54:06  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Because I wanted to make a period joke on page 4.
The almighty king has spoken!?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 12:54:51  
Odin.Foxmulder said: »
A day to remember all of the lamer events has given us in the past. Thanks, SE!
I knew mulder would be on the case!
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 13:14:43  
With people complaining or upset about this with a game that is at least 15 years old I went on ffxi main forum to find anyone posting about it. But I stopped and feasted my eyes one of those amazing crybaby posts I've ever read.

"The requirements for all R/M/E/A weapons is stupidly long for your normal players. Most players that were hard core have already moved on from FFXI and only your die hard players are left. Why has SE not lowered the requirement for some of the items needed for this? So, lets take mythics for example. Instead of 30,000 Alex, make it 10,000 Alex, instead of the other items needing 150k / 100k respected currency cut that by 1/3rd or 1/4th since by now the people that weren't working on them still wont due to the time it takes. Yes, they can be made faster than in the past but for those working full time in real life and having a life outside of this game, these are still massive amounts of time. No one plays for months just to get 1 pieces of gear then spend the next year to upgrade it... By then they are frustrated and irritated and end up quitting the game. Square Enix needs to pull its collective head out of its *** and learn what players want. We want a challenge not a time sink. We want something that makes all players equal so long as they put in the time and effort and not have to have no life outside of the game to be equal to those that decide to do that.

This may just be me but I feel all the R/M/E/A requirements can be lowered and still make them special.
"

After laughing till my eyes became wet I noticed the replies god. I can't wait to get home :0 to reply maybe....let alone I didn't know he could read people's minds... "all the hardcore players have moved on from ffxi" (incorrect) "this is what all the players want." (Weird I didn't say I did...) it's hard for people with a full time job!" (Incorrect I have technically 2 full time jobs and a girlfriend that does not play this.) I even know a guy who 3 kids and second in command for his firm. Yet he's made 3 AG mythics insanity!
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-14 13:21:27  
^ The age of the game is irrelevant to that posters statement just like it's a fact that even today SE still commands a monthly subscription (even additional fees for add-on Wardrobes, etc) and players still play.

There is nothing wrong with the REMA dynamic as it stands now for end game. Rhapsodies KI's have already reduced timers for related quest item farming and even AG can be achieved in a week if you're willing to farm your *** off.

What a facepalm post from that person.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 13:29:24  
clearlyamule said: »

Jokes on us SE.

tbf they did say look out for the clues for each month and last month's clue was specifically various campaigns would be in effect. So it was highly unlikely that this would just be cycling campaigns. And omen did effectively add a route without the bosses just also became the route for Ou as well

I brought up the Omen thing because language is important. They said "route(s)", not "route", implying they were adding several new paths to take. They furthered the comment by saying "...including route(s) without bosses". I guess that could mean doing a card run without Ou, or doing an Ou run, which is a "new route" with a boss. I'm speaking more of the language SE uses to describe announcements or updates. It's ambiguous more often than not.

But I digress, just clarifying what you responded to. When they say 'we are going to have vanadiel day and a new event every month', its hard to blame us for wanting some applicable relevant ***when the first month they basically gave us unlimited campaigns across the board. It's a build us up to let us down kind of feeling.

edit: removed double quotes cuz its not an official quote.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-07-14 13:54:15  
didnt check the dates one the posts on the first page... thought it was all about this months 14th campaign... boy i was i mistaken...
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-07-14 14:14:26  
To be fair, they did state that the 'event' was actually a small change occurring to Vana'diel for one day based on some keywords.

But like.. the expectations. Yikes.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-14 14:15:59  
I brought up the Omen thing because language is important. They said "route(s)", not "route", implying they were adding several new paths to take. They furthered the comment by saying "...including route(s) without bosses". I guess that could mean doing a card run without Ou, or doing an Ou run, which is a "new route" with a boss. I'm speaking more of the language SE uses to describe announcements or updates. It's ambiguous more often than not.

But I digress, just clarifying what you responded to. When they say 'we are going to have vanadiel day and a new event every month', its hard to blame us for wanting some applicable relevant ***when the first month they basically gave us unlimited campaigns across the board. It's a build us up to let us down kind of feeling.

True on first part even the update notes says routes. Stuff is usually just quick translated and they play a little loose and fast.

As far as the boss part they weren't wrong. Ou was introduced the update after the card farm route.

Oh I'm not disagreeing on the disappointment with this months. While I certainly didn't expect campaigns or at least not old ones again I expected them to actually do something that does something worthwhile. Guess too hard to come up with something balanced each month or something lame like that. Even then still could've done like random past events
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 14:24:56  
Fenrir.Caiir said: »
To be fair, they did state that the 'event' was actually a small change occurring to Vana'diel for one day based on some keywords.

True I think people expectations were too damn high!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-14 14:26:34  
Odin.Drakenv said: »

After the first month, do you blame them?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 14:28:11  
clearlyamule said: »

True on first part even the update notes says routes. Stuff is usually just quick translated and they play a little loose and fast.

As far as the boss part they weren't wrong. Ou was introduced the update after the card farm route.

Oh I'm not disagreeing on the disappointment with this months. While I certainly didn't expect campaigns or at least not old ones again I expected them to actually do something that does something worthwhile. Guess too hard to come up with something balanced each month or something lame like that. Even then still could've done like random past events
Delvl everyone to 75 and then try omen to get better percentage of drops event!(the even will be called QQ75)
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-07-14 14:28:59  

Thats my issue here, I have no problem with changing the events up but like... This... After... That?!?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 14:29:56  

True except :drumroll: expectations for a 15 year old game aren't to me and others too high of expectations. Still gonna play even after a one day crap event day.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 14:33:55  

People's expectations were too damn high or did this event just monumentally flop in terms of the precedent they set from the beginning. Hmmm... let's review in detail what June had for 24 hours (which also fell on a Gain EXP day btw):

Quote:
The following have been confirmed:
-Wanted Dial
-SP Gobbiedial Key upon logging in/zoning
-Mog Gardens
--Floatsam bonus item
--Collect two items from reared monsters without anger
--Double Stars
-CP/EXP/Monstrosity EXP Bonus (2x? 3x?)
-Dark Matter Augments
-Dynamis Time Extensions upon entering
-Wildskeeper reive PLUS (x4 HPB)
-Voidwatch Campaign (all lights)
-Abyssea Lights (and chest)
-Crafting Skillups
-Domain Invasion (No adds or flying)
-Macrocosmic Orb Campaign (Additional chapters, job cards, etc)
-HTMB (More Plutons/Beitetsu/Boulders)
-Geas Fete rewards from Domain Invasion
-Extra items for purchase from Green Thumb Moogle
-Alter Ego Campaign (Boosted stats and revives)
-Wanted Unity double coffers
-Walk of Echoes Surge Walks
-2:1 Seal Exchange rate at Shemo
-Campaign Ops extra items

The bolded were the notably impressive ones. June was quite literally the mother of all campaigns, and it lasted one day. If you're going to start a campaign off with that long list of goodies to engage in all day, people will be foaming at the mouth for the next month.

They.Flopped.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-14 14:34:54  

True except :drumroll: expectations for a 15 year old game aren't to me and others too high of expectations. Still gonna play even after a one day crap event day.
You need to remember, though, that the first month was dropped on us without warning. The "every single event on the face of the game" event was a great surprise, but poorly executed.

So, after having such a super event poorly executed, one would reasonably hope that the next event (such as today's) would be just as great.

Even if it's not every event, just having some extra event (like Domain Invasion) would be great on it's own.

Instead, we get costumes from overgrown penis worms.

Next month's event would most likely be forgotten...
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 14:36:37  

People's expectations were too damn high or did this event just monumentally flop in terms of the precedent they set from the beginning. Hmmm... let's review in detail what June had for 24 hours (which also fell on a Gain EXP day btw):

Quote:
The following have been confirmed:
-Wanted Dial
-SP Gobbiedial Key upon logging in/zoning
-Mog Gardens
--Floatsam bonus item
--Collect two items from reared monsters without anger
--Double Stars
-CP/EXP/Monstrosity EXP Bonus (2x? 3x?)
-Dark Matter Augments
-Dynamis Time Extensions upon entering
-Wildskeeper reive PLUS (x4 HPB)
-Voidwatch Campaign (all lights)
-Abyssea Lights (and chest)
-Crafting Skillups
-Domain Invasion (No adds or flying)
-Macrocosmic Orb Campaign (Additional chapters, job cards, etc)
-HTMB (More Plutons/Beitetsu/Boulders)
-Geas Fete rewards from Domain Invasion
-Extra items for purchase from Green Thumb Moogle
-Alter Ego Campaign (Boosted stats and revives)
-Wanted Unity double coffers
-Walk of Echoes Surge Walks
-2:1 Seal Exchange rate at Shemo
-Campaign Ops extra items

The bolded were the notably impressive ones. June was quite literally the mother of all campaigns, and it lasted one day. If you're going to start a campaign off with that long list of goodies to engage in all day, people will be foaming at the mouth for the next month.

They.Flopped.
Are you going to quit today over this? The mother of all questions and statements.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 14:37:46  

You need to remember, though, that the first month was dropped on us without warning. The "every single event on the face of the game" event was a great surprise, but poorly executed.

So, after having such a super event poorly executed, one would reasonably hope that the next event (such as today's) would be just as great.

Even if it's not every event, just having some extra event (like Domain Invasion) would be great on it's own.

Instead, we get costumes from overgrown penis worms.

Next month's event would most likely be forgotten...
Lol over grown penis :run away; I see your point king
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-14 14:38:52  
What, every time you run near one, it's up and erect.

It's like the ground has a *** for you.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-14 14:41:17  
You're purposely ignoring the point we are objecting to in your response. You made a statement about people's expectations being "too damn high". They dropped the biggest campaign without any notice, in the very first month. They set the expectations super high. You're just ignoring that part.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-14 14:41:20  
What, every time you run near one, it's up and erect.

It's like the ground has a *** for you.
The terrifying visuals
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17