Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 59 60 61
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-23 09:28:48  
Asura.Saevel said: »
They're treated as commodities

They wish! Commodities are valuable!

I think the word you were looking for is "consumables" or perhaps a better analogy would be "disposable safety products" like ear plugs and other one time use personal protective equipment...

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
So employers care about acquisition and retention yet at the same time they had to be mandated to give their full-timers insurance benefits. There's not much reason to believe that these jobs will go back to being full time if things are working as they are now.

in the not so distant past... big companies were competing against each other to provide all kinds of benefits like on site daycare and fitness facilities and meditation rooms and all kinds of stuff.

but then the recession hit and cuts had to be made... /shrug

So now you're the CEO of Pleebonic Widget Manufactures LLC and the demand for widgets is suddenly down globally when the recession hits in 2008. You want to retain your employees in case demand ticks back up but at the same time you have to cut costs and lower spending or face a stock sell off that will bankrupt your company. At the same time medical/insurance costs keep going up.

So you either have to fire people, which won't do much for morale, reduce their pay, which also people don't like, or trim back their health benefits.

If you can think of a better way to cut costs and maintain production capacity there are a hell of a lot of us that would like to hear about your ideas.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-23 09:29:53  
fonewear said: »
This isn't a term paper. Hell if you can even cite yourself as a source !
Did you just explain global warming?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-23 09:31:21  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
So employers care about acquisition and retention yet at the same time they had to be mandated to give their full-timers insurance benefits. There's not much reason to believe that these jobs will go back to being full time if things are working as they are now.

in the not so distant past... big companies were competing against each other to provide all kinds of benefits like on site daycare and fitness facilities and meditation rooms and all kinds of stuff.

but then the recession hit and cuts had to be made... /shrug

So now you're the CEO of Pleebonic Widget Manufactures LLC and the demand for widgets is suddenly down globally when the recession hits in 2008. You want to retain your employees in case demand ticks back up but at the same time you have to cut costs and lower spending or face a stock sell off that will bankrupt your company. At the same time medical/insurance costs keep going up.

So you either have to fire people, which won't do much for morale, reduce their pay, which also people don't like, or trim back their health benefits.

If you can think of a better way to cut costs and maintain production capacity there are a hell of a lot of us that would like to hear about your ideas.
No use talking about reality to him. We already established that he denies it hard.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-23 09:37:15  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
No use talking about reality to him.

You never know where your next great idea is going to come from...

We made all of our salespeople independent contractors... which we've been kind of holding our breath to see how well it's going to fly...

On the one hand it is kind of a *** move...but sales are down wtf are we supposed to pay them with?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 09:49:04  
I think the word you were looking for is "consumables" or perhaps a better analogy would be "disposable safety products" like ear plugs and other one time use personal protective equipment...

Commodities is the proper term. Business's are not these evil entities eating people alive, that's communist propaganda that's been spreading around since an unemployed homeless man named Marx thought it up.

People capital are a resource to any business just like money, property, tools and time. The value of that resource is directly related to what financial benefit they bring to the company, both long and short term. The moment a person becomes a liability, as in they are bringing negative long / short term financial value then it's a smart business decision to remove them. And they should be removed, there is no "right to have a job". Intelligent business's take a long term view to human capital, they want their people staying around and growing useful skill sets that bring the company financial value. They don't want someone staying in the same seat pushing the same buttons collecting a paycheck and feeling entitled to that paycheck by only pushing those buttons.

If an employee sits on their ***'s doing just enough work to not get fired and doesn't sharpen or grow their skill sets, then their usefulness as an employee will expire as the world changes and they are rendered unnecessary. This is the harshness of reality and probably the worst thing US educated every did was create multiple generations of people who felt entitled to a job by merely breathing and doing that their progressive liberal university professors told them to do.

This isn't hard, find a field with a useful skill set then work towards acquiring that skill set and then further developing it. Keep abreast of changes in that field and adjust accordingly, sometimes requiring learning a whole new skill set related to the first.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-23 09:52:56  
Business's are not these evil entities eating people alive

idk we do go through a lot of interns...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-23 09:57:34  

With the quality of education being displayed by millennials, do you blame them for going through a lot of interns?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-23 10:04:39  

Commodities is the proper term. Business's are not these evil entities eating people alive, that's communist propaganda that's been spreading around since an unemployed homeless man named Marx thought it up.

People capital are a resource to any business just like money, property, tools and time. The value of that resource is directly related to what financial benefit they bring to the company, both long and short term. The moment a person becomes a liability, as in they are bringing negative long / short term financial value then it's a smart business decision to remove them. And they should be removed, there is no "right to have a job". Intelligent business's take a long term view to human capital, they want their people staying around and growing useful skill sets that bring the company financial value. They don't want someone staying in the same seat pushing the same buttons collecting a paycheck and feeling entitled to that paycheck by only pushing those buttons.

If an employee sits on their ***'s doing just enough work to not get fired and doesn't sharpen or grow their skill sets, then their usefulness as an employee will expire as the world changes and they are rendered unnecessary. This is the harshness of reality and probably the worst thing US educated every did was create multiple generations of people who felt entitled to a job by merely breathing and doing that their progressive liberal university professors told them to do.

This isn't hard, find a field with a useful skill set then work towards acquiring that skill set and then further developing it. Keep abreast of changes in that field and adjust accordingly, sometimes requiring learning a whole new skill set related to the first.

Tell that to Facebook Google Amazon and all the other nerds that would sell their souls for more of your data.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-23 10:05:19  
Business are not evil but the people that run them certainly are. Have you ever seen Zucker face he looks like he eats babies.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 10:38:01  

Tell that to Facebook Google Amazon and all the other nerds that would sell their souls for more of your data.

Business's are neither good nor evil, they exist solely to create profit for their owners or fulfill some goal if they are non-profits. The bottom line is all that matters. This is why you need some regulation, a set of lines they can't cross because otherwise their drive to maximize profit would generate serious social harm. Conversely you can't make the lines so tight and restrictive that it only serves to choke and kill the business.

Leftists want to kill business's, the less private business's the more the state can step in and the more power they can grant themselves. The leftist goal is a communistic state, one in which is there is on private property, no private industry and everything is controlled and run by the state. This would result in absolute equality among the serfs and absolute power for the ruling leftist elites.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-06-23 10:41:31  
No but I'll put it on my to do list !

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-23 10:49:15  
California invested heavily in solar power. Now there's so much that other states are sometimes paid to take it
L. A. Times.

TLDR: California has so much renewable energy they sometimes have to indulge in "negative pricing" to get rid of the excess. Arizona is overjoyed.

P. S. Their utilities want to build more gas fired power plants.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-23 11:01:32  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

yeah... to fill those annoying little gaps in sunlight that we like to call "night time".

Or you can figure out a way to generate enough solar power at night to cover demand without all of california converting to Amish...
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 11:34:27  
California invested heavily in solar power. Now there's so much that other states are sometimes paid to take it
L. A. Times.

TLDR: California has so much renewable energy they sometimes have to indulge in "negative pricing" to get rid of the excess. Arizona is overjoyed.

Umm that's now that negative pricing is....

Power is bought and sold on a market from generators to distributors. Because of some Obama regulations, power from "renewable" sources MUST be accepted before power from any other source regardless of price or market demand. This results in "Renewable" displacing Coal / Nuclear sources during non-peak times. Now since Coal and Nuclear are base load, they can't be quickly adjusted to produce less supply but if the power isn't taken then the grid will malfunction because source and drain need to be perfect balance in order for electricity to work. So in order to keep the grid operational the Coal / Nuke suppliers must pay someone else to accept their surplus power. Negative pricing is a sign of an outside force interfering in a free market and creating inefficiencies.

An example would be if you were selling baskets and the government created a law that you must sell one basket per hour or be hit with harsh fines and penalties. Now on average you will sell twelve baskets every day during your twelve business hours, so the regulation shouldn't have an impact on you right? Except because your twelve baskets don't all happen precisely on a one hour time, there will be times when you absolutely must sell a basket in the next ten minutes or be hit with those draconian fines. At these moments it makes more financial sense to quickly pay someone to "buy" your basket in order to appease the government regulations even if it results in lost profit.

That is how stupid leftists are at running things.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-06-23 13:04:36  
Business are not evil but the people that run them certainly are

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-23 13:13:42  
L. A. Times.

Good for California. Now can I get some of that moon pie I keep hearing about ?
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-23 13:16:08  

With the quality of education being displayed by millennials, do you blame them for going through a lot of interns?

It isn't the kids fault they are stupid. It's the government interference. They dictate what to teach etc. Then they go to college join a frat. And end up with herpes or Art History degree. Both terrible.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-23 13:21:07  
Speaking of college can we cut back on the degrees ? Focus on degrees that are worthwhile. You don't want your kid to waste all that money and work at Starbucks. Just skip college and go straight to Starbucks.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 14:11:18  
Speaking of college can we cut back on the degrees ? Focus on degrees that are worthwhile. You don't want your kid to waste all that money and work at Starbucks. Just skip college and go straight to Starbucks.

Now Starbucks requires a college degree. "University Degree" has become the new "Highschool Diploma". The problem is there are so many of them and most are totally useless that places are starting to look at skill sets and experience instead of what university or GPA someone had. Now STEM is still STEM, and IT is far more about credentialing then some university diploma but the vast majority of jobs don't need a four (actually five now) year degree full of nothing but *** gender studies class's.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-23 14:48:39  
Wait, are you asking me to cite where it doesn't specifically state a fund is created?

How does that work again? You want me to cite something that doesn't exist?

Or are you that idiotic to believe so?

If I was you, I would demand a refund from your university. They obviously didn't do their job, the level of stupidity you are using.....
I asked you to provide something to substantiate your claim. You can't. That's all you needed to say.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-23 14:52:07  
Wait, are you asking me to cite where it doesn't specifically state a fund is created?

How does that work again? You want me to cite something that doesn't exist?

Or are you that idiotic to believe so?

If I was you, I would demand a refund from your university. They obviously didn't do their job, the level of stupidity you are using.....
I asked you to provide something to substantiate your claim. You can't. That's all you needed to say.
I did, you yourself said specifically that you don't want to look it up. I fulfilled my obligation to prove myself, you failed to counter (with anything other than another "no u!" retort, which, frankly, is all you have).

Just admit you have no clue to what you are talking about. That would save you almost 80% of your posts here, just admitting that you are an idiot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-23 14:55:33  
I understand your point but what I'm saying is that I don't see why things would revert back to how they were.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-23 15:01:22  
You made something up and have no idea how to support it so you linked two 900 page documents in the hopes of shutting down the discussion because no one in their right mind is going to fish out the information in them you admit doesn't even exist.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-23 15:26:23  
Let me ask you then Pleebo.

Where does the money to support the premium payments and the gross expansion of Medicare/Medicaid come from?

Remember, you are too damn lazy to actually read the law, so you can't see that the taxes included are not specifically allocated into a specific fund to pay for this. You are also too stupid to read the GAO report that specifically states that, in absence of a specific fund, all expenditures comes out of the General Fund.

So, where does all this money come from? The tooth fairy?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-23 15:39:44  
You have no intention of actually conveying information so I guess that's that.
By Viciouss 2017-06-23 15:58:54  
Conversations are overrated. Answering questions? Yeah right, too much effort, just ask Kellyanne how she feels about that, although she probably wouldn't even be able to answer. Way easier to complain about the heat.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-23 16:01:25  
So, where does all this money come from? The tooth fairy?

They take it from those evil white rich wealthy middle and professional class workers.

Who else would have it since obviously they don't.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-23 17:28:45  
You have no intention of actually conveying information so I guess that's that.
Just admit that you don't understand anything that has been said for the past 9 years couple pages. At least start being honest about yourself, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Viciouss said: »
Conversations are overrated. Answering questions? Yeah right, too much effort, just ask Kellyanne how she feels about that, although she probably wouldn't even be able to answer. Way easier to complain about the heat.
You should know.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-23 18:13:56  
The problem (well, one of many) is that you see the request for a citation as an attack. It's not even unbelievable that what you claim is true but there needs to some accessible way to substantiate it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-23 18:49:10  
The problem (well, one of many) is that you see the request for a citation as an attack. It's not even unbelievable that what you claim is true but there needs to some accessible way to substantiate it.
Projection much?

I mean, I did comply, and pretty quickly if I may add, your request for evidence regarding what is pretty common knowledge for anyone who even understands government expenditures.

The only person here who is on the defensive is you. Mr. I can't read with a side of no u, with another side of your crying.

Seriously, we get it. You don't understand government. We will just put that on the ever growing list of subjects you have no clue about.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 59 60 61