users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Free Aeonic Clears
Free Aeonic Clears
 Asura.Verbannt
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-02-03 14:36:49  
Gonna ask if you have a whm mule you play.
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Every account you can access via one-click has a REMA DD on it, no idea what you're talking about

Annnd I mean if we're gonna go this route, you thought Was was ideal for AC sans Nirvana, so...

*Edit when you edit or just post new comment.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 14:37:05  
Every account you can access via one-click has a REMA DD on it, no idea what you're talking about

Unless your stuff hasn't updated in ages, it's only got Spharai Kenkonken and Ryunohige on there, and an almost suspicious lack of Aeonics.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 14:38:15  

Annnd I mean if we're gonna go this route, you thought Was was ideal for AC sans Nirvana, so...

Well to be fair I don't even have SMN unlocked. I play WITH some SMN, but the job itself doesn't interest me.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-02-03 14:46:39  
That's not the point.

>>I don't see any REMA DD do you even know what you're talking about??

>>...Anyway guys, our SMNs use Was and things STILL don't go smoothly

If you're going to criticise me for not knowing what I'm talking about(even though it's being corroborated by others?), be sure to know what you're talking about. It's just good business.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 14:50:19  
That's not the point.

>>I don't see any REMA DD do you even know what you're talking about??

>>...Anyway guys, our SMNs use Was and things STILL don't go smoothly

If you're going to criticise me for not knowing what I'm talking about(even though it's being corroborated by others?), be sure to know what you're talking about. It's just good business.

I'm criticizing you for not knowing how the melee burns work, all the while espousing how bad they must be. Which while I can freely admit I'm no expert on SMN burn, you've not done anything that makes me think you have ever done a melee burn.

*Edit: And while I'm no expert, I still know basic metrics for a good group being about a 4 hour 3-zone clear, which is possible with melee too. You must be organised to do it that fast, but the same goes for SMN burn in that respect.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 14:51:02  
Asura.Byrne said: »
Unless your stuff hasn't updated in ages, it's only got Spharai Kenkonken and Ryunohige on there, and an almost suspicious lack of Aeonics.

You're attacking his credibility based on what he has, when he's a well known community member that's been active forever and demonstrated his ability numerous times. It's also only one click to view equip history and see that he last scanned in 2014, but that'd go against your narrative.
 Asura.Verbannt
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-02-03 14:54:08  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You're attacking his credibility based on what he has, when he's a well known community member that's been active forever and demonstrated his ability numerous times. It's also only one click to view equip history and see that he last scanned in 2014, but that'd go against your narrative.

He has account activity scanned on his main 3 years ago, If thats active some of my friends who quit must be active too.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 14:54:13  
Also, this whole rant reeks of wanting to think you're great for meleeing. You realize these NMs are over 2 years old, right? The only people who are still struggling with them are the ones who haven't been active or are truly bad.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 14:55:20  
Asura.Verbannt said: »
He has account activity scanned on his main 3 years ago, If thats active some of my friends who quit must be active too.

My last scan is in 2015. I haven't gone a month without going on XIAH or 2 months without going on FFXI since the level cap was 75. Linkshell community is dead and not everyone wants to support guildwork.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 14:55:48  

Well sure, it's an ad-hominem, but an ad-hominem is only a logical fallacy when the underpinnings of your argument rely on it. Frankly the issue here is he claimed that a melee burn is by nature, much slower. I'm simply saying that's not necessarily true, and he has not recanted that claim.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-02-03 14:56:10  
Y'all could also just click on my username and find my more recently active account ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 14:56:28  

My last scan is in 2015. I haven't gone a month without going on XIAH or 2 months without going on FFXI since the level cap was 75. Linkshell community is dead and not everyone wants to support guildwork.

Well sure, but FFXIAH still keeps records of your AH purchases regardless. :/
 Asura.Verbannt
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-02-03 14:57:46  

Oh you hid your Auction house history omg what will I do now. my point is valid his account history on leviathan shows he has not used the ah in 3 years.
Not my fault he posts with his old account handle on a server he no longer plays on.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 14:59:08  

Not my fault he posts with his old account handle on a server he no longer plays on.

It's not your fault he posts on an account he no longer plays on, it's your fault you're attacking his gear instead of his argument. He's right and y'all are just desperate.
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-02-03 15:00:18  
Also guildwork is free for it to update your gear. You don't need to pay for premium for that never have.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 15:02:11  
Also guildwork is free for it to update your gear. You don't need to pay for premium for that never have.

Again, not relevant. I did know that though, considering I personally worked on Ashita's GW plugin. Using it is still supporting the devs, because it increases traffic to their site. There are plenty of reasons not to use it, just because you want to wave your *** over XIAH points doesn't make it universal.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 15:03:11  

It's not your fault he posts on an account he no longer plays on, it's your fault you're attacking his gear instead of his argument. He's right and y'all are just desperate.

Desperate is a strong word. I'm not convinced. He even said himself that he plays on a Gird SMN, so I can assume the 2 Aeonics he does have he didn't get with melee burn on this server either, my point still stands.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 15:04:36  

Again, not relevant. I did know that though, considering I personally worked on Ashita's GW plugin. Using it is still supporting the devs, because it increases traffic to their site. There are plenty of reasons not to use it, just because you want to wave your *** over XIAH points doesn't make it universal.

Oh no! You'll traffic their site for providing a free service! Oh god the humanity!

Your point? Who cares if they get traffic, if they aren't a drug cartel or doing human trafficking, why the hell do you care if they aren't even charging you?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 15:10:18  
Desperate is a strong word. I'm not convinced. He even said himself that he plays on a Gird SMN, so I can assume the 2 Aeonics he does have he didn't get with melee burn on this server either, my point still stands.
I don't care if he SMN burned his aeonics, bought his aeonics, bought the account itself with the aeonics already on it. None of it impacts his argument. People work on cutting edge technology for space travel, nuclear energy, and god knows what else based on theoretics. You're telling me he can't understand a 15 year old game with a 3.5 second global cooldown on spells because he didn't do a certain setup himself? You're ridiculous. I've sold upwards of 30 aeonics using melee before SMN burn was popular, and I can tell you that it's not even close to comparable how much work goes into the SMN method.

Oh no! You'll traffic their site for providing a free service! Oh god the humanity!

Your point? Who cares if they get traffic, if they aren't a drug cartel or doing human trafficking, why the hell do you care if they aren't even charging you?
I don't want to support guildwork, because the owner knowingly gave it to someone who wouldn't do the maintenance and development needed and we're left with a broken system and a missing admin. A half dozen capable developers, including myself, have offered to fix everything up and get it working, but weren't allowed to because he still thinks it can be monetized. Meanwhile, they're still charging for premium subscriptions and billing people who likely don't even remember Guildwork exists.
None of this is relevant btw, anyone can choose not to scan their latest character for any reason.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 15:14:41  
I don't care if he SMN burned his aeonics, bought his aeonics, bought the account itself with the aeonics already on it. None of it impacts his argument. People work on cutting edge technology for space travel, nuclear energy, and god knows what else based on theoretics. You're telling me he can't understand a 15 year old game with a 3.5 second global cooldown on spells because he didn't do a certain setup himself? You're ridiculous. I've sold upwards of 30 aeonics using melee before SMN burn was popular, and I can tell you that it's not even close to comparable how much work goes into the SMN method.

He seeks to prove a negative. That is the issue here. He thinks it is not possible to quickly clear with melee burn. That is the argument we were having, and clearly you are having a different one all by yourself.

Edit: I actually pointed out multiple times that the SMN method IS effective, but that it's not necessarily much better than alternatives. This was my only point from the outset.

I am not even claiming any group that I've been in has done this, only that I know it is possible.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 15:20:41  
People don't SMN burn because it's the easiest way. They SMN burn because they think it is.
Pretty strong implication that SMN isn't the best.

Quote:
People are just in an echo chamber insisting it's the easiest thing when it's objectively not.
Outright statement that SMN isn't the best.

Stop moving the goalposts.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 15:21:28  
People don't SMN burn because it's the easiest way. They SMN burn because they think it is.
Pretty strong implication that SMN isn't the best.

Quote:
People are just in an echo chamber insisting it's the easiest thing when it's objectively not.
Outright statement that SMN isn't the best.

Stop moving the goalposts.

Saying that we are using the same definition for easiest is equivocation.

When I say easiest, I mean it doesn't completely go to ***if you *** up your 1hr, almost any run is salvageable.

Thumb through my comments all you like, Never did I say you would beat SMN in speed or outparse them, if you had been paying attention, it would have been clear what I meant.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-02-03 15:32:15  
He seeks to prove a negative. That is the issue here. He thinks it is not possible to quickly clear with melee burn.

Gonna need a receipt for this. I said AC is faster and easier, and that you talking up the difficulty is counterproductive to seeing it shut down
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 15:35:25  

When I say easiest, I mean it doesn't completely go to ***if you *** up your 1hr, almost any run is salvageable.

Thumb through my comments all you like, Never did I say you would beat SMN in speed or outparse them, if you had been paying attention, it would have been clear what I meant.

Your example was using a 12 man setup.

If you run a 12 man setup with 8 SMNs & GEO BRD COR RUN, you can mess up a ton and still win. There's also much less opportunity to mess up. You also mess up within the first 60 seconds, so if you lose you've lost much less time than say, an Albumen loss 5 minutes in.

Yes, a single big mistake can cost you the run in a SMN setup, but the fact is: There is very little opportunity to make that big mistake. Onychophora, Erinys, Schah, WoC, Teles, Vinipata will never be any threat to the SMN, and of those only Vinipata threatens avatars. As long as each player can hit their single macro at the correct time, you will win. I can even script an entire fight on one macro press using multisend: it's that predictable.

Albumen has a bit of room for error with adds for either setup, but let's be realistic.. if you miss sleeps, wake up adds at the wrong time, etc.. one mistake can just as easily cost a melee setup their win. A quad attack into albumen's counter can drop a melee easily.

Finally, your video takes 10 minutes. I can get my 1hr reset, return to reisenjima, buff, and kill a NM in 8. So, I could literally fail, return, and kill it faster than your example of error tolerance.

I don't entirely disagree with you, melee with a group that is used to melee is not hard to execute and will produce reliable results. However, claiming it's comparable to SMN is inaccurate and diminishes the very visible fact: SMN is currently extremely overpowered. In the interest of balance, this needs to be adjusted, and we will not get that if we aren't honest about it.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 15:56:35  
...I was just trying to say it was not the easiest for most members in most situations...

...it's not even more difficult or slower by a significant margin if you do it right.

Okay, but the problem is that this is not true

There's your receipt, sire.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 15:59:07  

Your example was using a 12 man setup.

If you run a 12 man setup with 8 SMNs & GEO BRD COR RUN, you can mess up a ton and still win. There's also much less opportunity to mess up. You also mess up within the first 60 seconds, so if you lose you've lost much less time than say, an Albumen loss 5 minutes in.

Yes, a single big mistake can cost you the run in a SMN setup, but the fact is: There is very little opportunity to make that big mistake. Onychophora, Erinys, Schah, WoC, Teles, Vinipata will never be any threat to the SMN, and of those only Vinipata threatens avatars. As long as each player can hit their single macro at the correct time, you will win. I can even script an entire fight on one macro press using multisend: it's that predictable.

Albumen has a bit of room for error with adds for either setup, but let's be realistic.. if you miss sleeps, wake up adds at the wrong time, etc.. one mistake can just as easily cost a melee setup their win. A quad attack into albumen's counter can drop a melee easily.

Finally, your video takes 10 minutes. I can get my 1hr reset, return to reisenjima, buff, and kill a NM in 8. So, I could literally fail, return, and kill it faster than your example of error tolerance.

That video takes 10 minutes from before pops until well after it dies, and there were realistically speaking only one and a half melees, in a full alliance you can fit eight.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 16:01:16  
That video takes 10 minutes from before pops until well after it dies, and there were realistically speaking only one and a half melees.

Mob was already present when video started, and mob died at 9:48 in video. There were only one and a half melees because your 'reliable' setup let all of them die. Just let it go.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-02-03 16:06:40  
...I was just trying to say it was not the easiest for most members in most situations...

...it's not even more difficult or slower by a significant margin if you do it right.

I'm not playing this game with you. I can simultaneously believe that a) AC is the fastest and easiest means to kill most of what we've discussed and that b) a properly prepared and outfitted melee setup can be fast and easy. They are not contradictory, and I've never strayed from my point

Peace.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 16:07:00  
With a perfect group for melee setup I wouldn't be surprised if you could kill all but Onchyophora and Erinys in about 20 minutes, possibly less. You still need SMN's for burning through those last two because mewing is pretty effective, but even if they DID nerf conduit's damage, that would probably still be viable.

What I'm really driving at is; they probably don't even need to nerf SMN because there are other setups that are arguably just as broken, one that I wont even mention here in fact because I think as of right now I may be the only person aware of it.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-03 16:08:06  

I'm not playing this game with you. I can simultaneously believe that a) AC is the fastest and easiest means to kill most of what we've discussed and that b) a properly prepared and outfitted melee setup can be fast and easy. They are not contradictory, and I've never strayed from my point

Peace.

The key issue here is I did say by a significant margin and you denied even that. You're gonna have a hard time walking this one back.