日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
By Afania 2024-04-16 10:55:25  
RadialArcana said: »
The point is they are doing it to save money,

That wasn't your initial argument. Your initial argument was "Indian outsource studio was the reason behind bad looking NPC" which was different and more controversial than "outsource to save money". (Duh, of course studios outsource to save money, been doing that for like 3 decades.)

I would argue that outsource to save money is good for customers anyways. It means more small to mid size studios can afford to enter the market with bigger games, undercut game price and ultimately leads to more cheaper games being made for customers to choose from.

If you say that outsource is bad for American workers I would probably agree with you. I can't see how it is bad for customer anyways. Without large amount of outsource studios offering part o development process for a cheaper price we probably won't even see the explosive growth from small to mid size studios in the past 10+ years. Nor most studios can afford to create "open world AAA games with 50-100 square miles" kind of game.

If you only mention the cons of a system while ignoring all the pros of it then it reads as super biased opinion imo.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-16 11:04:56  
Afania said: »
That wasn't your initial argument. Your initial argument was "Indian outsource studio was the reason behind bad looking NPC" which was different and more controversial than "outsource to save money". (Duh, of course studios outsource to save money, been doing that for like 3 decades.)

They are doing it to save money so profits are higher for share holders. If they looked good nobody would care though.

If you could buy a chinese knockoff watch that looked and worked better than the original brand version (almost) nobody would want the actual brand version. However if it falls apart when you wash it an the shop sold it to you as the real thing you would be a bit mad.

This wave of ugly side npc in AAA games is very new, within the past 3-4 years and everyone has noticed it. When you just thought it was bad developers or something else (forced div hiring) you could hand wave it to a point, but no they are doing it on purpose knowing it's inferior work and just cause it's obscenely cheap due to being a 3rd world country the contractor company setup in. They are not even an indian owned company, they are all owned by some irish guy that owns all these 3rd world sweatshops.

Considering how expensive these games are this is not acceptable, the only reason they get away with it is the game journalists don't cover it. Whereas if a western developer didn't get a chocolate biscuit this morning they will write never ending articles.
[+]
By Afania 2024-04-16 11:17:57  
This wave of ugly side npc in AAA games is very new, within the past 3-4 years and everyone has noticed it

You didn't read my last post? A lot of "ugly looking NPC" is not the result of saving money. It is the result of design choice on purpose.

If saving money is the main reason behind ugly NPC then you would notice it WAY before 3-4 years ago. Outsource has been a thing way before that. Do you even know that large amount of FF14 assets were made by non-Japanese studios? You didn't complain about it back then.

Considering how expensive these games are this is not acceptable,

It is perfectly acceptable because console game price went from$40-50 in 1990s to $60-$70s in 2024, or $100-$120 even if you count the dlcs.

But the manpower required to craft a AAA console game increased by 10-20 times. The price didn't reflect manpower increase, nevermind inflation. Besides cutting down the cost how else can this business remain sustainable?

If you don't like outsourcing, stop demanding "open world game with 50-100hr of content and 100 square miles big world with hundreds of NPCs". Like back in 1990 a $40-$50 game only has 1-3hr of content and 8-15 short stages. Then maybe no one will need to outsource anything anymore.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-04-16 11:23:18  
Oh jeez, who let RadialArcana out of his playpen? There is nothing wrong with the NPCs in FF7R, it's just an excuse to shitpost SE yet again. Imagine crying about outsourcing in 2024, as if it's some kind of new development. And it's not even accurate crying, it's just making ***up. Trolling to troll.
[+]
By Viciouss 2024-04-16 11:27:43  
Draylo said: »
So I finally finished it after taking my sweet time with it, overall I really enjoyed it.

I think the main theme of the final battle was to show how *** up Cloud is. Dude was seeing ghosts for the entire game now he can't even tell what's real and what's not. It will make his breakdown more impactful in the finale. As well as his rehabilitation.

If the game felt too easy, run through it on Hard. Pro-tip, get all your characters to max-level in the combat simulator first.
[+]
By Afania 2024-04-16 11:27:48  
They are doing it to save money so profits are higher for share holders

Just FYI privately owned game companies outsource a lot too, who wouldn't want to save money?.....you are randomly picking weird reasons to complain at this point.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-16 12:51:12  
Viciouss said: »
Oh jeez, who let RadialArcana out of his playpen?

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-04-16 15:43:31  
ff7 was better then ff7rebirth - FF7 ending was way better.
By Draylo 2024-04-16 16:12:15  
So I finally finished it after taking my sweet time with it, overall I really enjoyed it.

I think the main theme of the final battle was to show how *** up Cloud is. Dude was seeing ghosts for the entire game now he can't even tell what's real and what's not. It will make his breakdown more impactful in the finale. As well as his rehabilitation.

If the game felt too easy, run through it on Hard. Pro-tip, get all your characters to max-level in the combat simulator first.

There were some challenging parts, but yeah now with Hard mode it feels better lol. I wish they had that option from the start though, doing all the quests again doesn't seem appealing.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-16 16:13:23  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Say that to her FACE
She's an uggo Daughter of Cold Harbor, and I don't wanna help her out nor marry her. Thanks.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-04-16 16:23:07  
I liked how they force you to split the team up and play different characters too. I just feel like Red 13 gameplay isn't that great, he has to always get into close range with not much option for flying enemies or ranged attacks. Hopefully they improve him in the last game because I found myself not wanting to play him much. The vengeance gauge is kinda lame.
By Viciouss 2024-04-16 16:28:26  
I liked how they force you to split the team up and play different characters too. I just feel like Red 13 gameplay isn't that great, he has to always get into close range with not much option for flying enemies or ranged attacks. Hopefully they improve him in the last game because I found myself not wanting to play him much. The vengeance gauge is kinda lame.

I think Hard mode will force you to change the way you play Red XIII. Not going to be able to spam Sidewinder over and over and expect to survive. I thought he played well, but I hated the voice change. I stopped using him because I didn't want to hear it anymore.
[+]
By Draylo 2024-04-16 16:54:59  
Yeah I wasn't a fan of that either lol. Looks like magic meta for hard mode. Glad I didn't find out about stuff like synergy comet and stacking magic ones until the end, crazy the build people make with the materias.
By Banhammer 2024-04-16 17:18:06  
Oh jeez, who let RadialArcana out of his playpen? There is nothing wrong with the NPCs in FF7R, it's just an excuse to shitpost SE yet again. Imagine crying about outsourcing in 2024, as if it's some kind of new development. And it's not even accurate crying, it's just making ***up. Trolling to troll.

Your opinion is wrong. They are factually awful and ugly. Why did I have to speak to this goblin?

https://youtu.be/6OXlfEXagSw?feature=shared
By Draylo 2024-04-16 19:15:20  
I mean, most of these npcs are in towns, small towns. Most people are ugly/homely looking, just the truth. Think it would be odd seeing models everywhere you look, just walk outside and look at your average joe. At least they didn't add blue haired people.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-16 23:43:59  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
To be honest the Final Part of part 2 felt kinda the same with just a diffrent background, in the end the game is not bad tho, still better than 16 there is still magic weakness in this atleast
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-16 23:46:35  
Afania said: »

They are doing it to save money so profits are higher for share holders. If they looked good nobody would care though.

If you could buy a chinese knockoff watch that looked and worked better than the original brand version (almost) nobody would want the actual brand version. However if it falls apart when you wash it an the shop sold it to you as the real thing you would be a bit mad.

This wave of ugly side npc in AAA games is very new, within the past 3-4 years and everyone has noticed it. When you just thought it was bad developers or something else (forced div hiring) you could hand wave it to a point, but no they are doing it on purpose knowing it's inferior work and just cause it's obscenely cheap due to being a 3rd world country the contractor company setup in. They are not even an indian owned company, they are all owned by some irish guy that owns all these 3rd world sweatshops.

Considering how expensive these games are this is not acceptable, the only reason they get away with it is the game journalists don't cover it. Whereas if a western developer didn't get a chocolate biscuit this morning they will write never ending articles.

Bro did you get scammed by Indian tech
[+]
By Draylo 2024-04-17 00:54:00  
The sound effect of learning something from the skill tree thing is almost identical to the sound from PE2 training exercise
By Afania 2024-04-17 01:20:15  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
Bro did you get scammed by Indian tech

Rebirth assets were outsourced to at least 4-5 different countries outside of Japan according to credits, including Singapore which has way higher GDP and average salary than Japan. Dude just has to pick on India and attack India only lol.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-17 07:43:10  
Something to keep in mind with FF7R is they are very likely going to sell each part as they are, and then at the end create a full version of the game (hopefully edited down to make a sensible size game in one, but with lots of optional content). So even though these parts may not sell that well alone, the fact they can sell the final thing at the end for ps6 / switch 2 means it will do fine. This explains the mass padding, cause it's easy cut out for a final release of the full thing.

They could also add other things like a turn based mode and a more faithful version at the end, it's easier to pander to the fans at the end when all the donkey work has been done and they have covered much of the cost of making them already.

There is no way they won't do this, they won't just release 3 parts and be done.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-04-17 07:51:27  
They could also add other things like a turn based mode and a more faithful version at the end, it's easier to pander to the fans at the end when all the donkey work has been done and they have covered much of the cost of making them already.

There is no way they won't do this, they won't just release 3 parts and be done.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-04-17 09:33:18  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Say that to her FACE
She's an uggo Daughter of Cold Harbor, and I don't wanna help her out nor marry her. Thanks.
I bet you could make a better-looking character using the DS3 character creation mode
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15