Is Excalibur Good In 2024?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Is Excalibur good in 2024?
Is Excalibur good in 2024?
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-23 17:21:44  
Asura.Materdark said: »
Asura.Excelior said: »
Just came back from a 14 year break and I'm trying to understand all the new ***.

I've always wanted to build excalibur, but my HNM linkshell would only pay for me to make Apocalypse or Aegis back in the day because excalibur was "useless trash".

Is Excalibur a respectable weapon these days? I understand Burtgang or w/e is extremely good, but it's not necessarily what I'd like to make first.

I finished my Apoc(III) after being back for like two weeks. I was told it's also useless garbage by people when doing V1VD, but ofc my options are limited having just returned.

Opinions?

HELL WITH EVERYONE OPINION ITS A MUST LOL

I'm still at the last part of it Knight of The Round WS is OP lol once done

I like the knight of the round ws thats why i'm going for it.

I would test this out on PVP but no one wants to taste it
Ignore this person, they are not well informed
By Taint 2024-02-23 17:40:46  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnpQn05VW4
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-23 18:07:28  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
LOL, at trying to use Atonement and AM3 for hate generation. Thanks for the laugh.

A single Atonement is worth 1.5-2 flash worth of enmity. Are you also not using flash because LUL enmity? What are you using your TP for while tanking as a PLD? Do you sit on 3k TP for an entire Sheol Gaol boss? Are you slamming 40k KoR? Please, teach me the ways of PLD.

Atonement is a massive enmity generator...like really massive lol but also largely misunderstood how it actually functions and thus the amount of enmity it actually generates in comparison to other hate tools... so I am not surprised when individuals think its useless unfortunately when interpreting it simply from a damage perspective.
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2024-02-23 18:21:07  
Meeble said: »
Excluding Prime and Bonanza weapons, if you asked most people to pick the top ten swords for PLD and RDM, Excal would probably sit around the middle of both lists. Rarely the best option for a situation, but not unusably bad, either.

That said, if you always wanted to make Excal, make it. Whether it's good or not is irrelevant. That's why I made mine.

Basically this.

I use Excalibur on PLD when I play it because I don't have Burtgang; I use PLD less these days as my RUN has better gear.

Excalibur was my first REMA coming back and I made it for RDM. It got a lot of use and still has a place there, even though I use it much less now.

I also own an Almace and knew it was gonna be less than a toy when I made it.

Obligatory:
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2024-02-23 19:40:38  
A single Atonement is worth 1.5-2 flash worth of enmity. Are you also not using flash because LUL enmity? What are you using your TP for while tanking as a PLD? Do you sit on 3k TP for an entire Sheol Gaol boss? Are you slamming 40k KoR? Please, teach me the ways of PLD.

I would try to teach you but every post I read from you is cringe. Lost cause...

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
Atonement is a massive enmity generator...like really massive lol but also largely misunderstood how it actually functions and thus the amount of enmity it actually generates in comparison to other hate tools... so I am not surprised when individuals think its useless unfortunately when interpreting it simply from a damage perspective.

It is useless... PLD does not need to use Atonement to hold hate.

More trash ffxiah forum ideas.
 Carbuncle.Arianaos
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arianaos
By Carbuncle.Arianaos 2024-02-23 22:01:48  
You're just mad that I use it all the time.

[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-23 22:45:19  
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

I would try to teach you but every post I read from you is cringe. Lost cause...

Shiva.Myamoto said: »

It is useless... PLD does not need to use Atonement to hold hate.

More trash ffxiah forum ideas.

I agree that PLD doesn't need atonement necessarily to hold hate, but that doesn't change the fact that it is a good enmity tool. My statement wasn't about whether PLD needs it or not, simply saying it is a big enmity tool for the job is very different than suggesting its necessary or interpreting what I said as something other than what was actually said and calling it a trash idea.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2024-02-24 07:09:34  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
IMO, people are trying to be nice. It's not worth the gil and while there are situations where you might put it on briefly if you had access to every weapon, it's not going to make you feel super powerful in any of those situations.

Most of the time, you will get better DPS out of a Naegling.

I tested Neagling vs Excal while doing MLs. For me in my SITUATION, the Excal came ahead.
As far as raw weapon damage, Neagling won over Excal. However, once I added in skillchain damage, the Excal pulled ahead. This was true for me since I had a bard doing Mordant spam also.
B -> Mordant = Distortion
KOTF <-> Mordant = Light.
So just a much higher rate/chance of skillchains occurring.

To agree with Thorny, if you've got the gil to burn great, but if you don't then you might want to focus on other things.
 Asura.Karppa
サーバ: Asura
user: Karppa
By Asura.Karppa 2024-02-24 08:29:08  
https://imgur.com/a/KkTOGX3
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-24 08:40:26  
So if we give a PLD buffs along with the Excalibur Aftermath...
Mighty Guard
Regen V
Embrava

That gets us to what, roughly 267 HP restore per tic? Sounds kinda nice.

And you can be the opener for your Naegling comrade's Savage Blades.

Sounds like a win-win.
[+]
By Taint 2024-02-24 09:44:34  
The refresh is nice when main healing as well. About to hang my Burtgang on a mannequin after reading this thread.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-24 10:26:13  
Taint said: »
The refresh is nice when main healing as well. About to hang my Burtgang on a mannequin after reading this thread.

lol! I like a bunch of different weapons/gear on PLD for different situations. That's the joy of this game imo for a number of jobs. Nothing is ever really "Universally" the best no matter what.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-24 11:39:14  

If you're main healing and want refresh, I think you're looking for Moralltech my dude.

Asura.Vyre said: »
Mighty Guard
Regen V
Embrava

Sounds like a win-win.

Or 237 without Excalibur, and you have a real sword.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-02-24 12:01:00  

If you're main healing and want refresh, I think you're looking for Moralltech my dude.

Mighty Guard
Regen V
Embrava

Sounds like a win-win.

*hits you with the ODT + add effect hit!

How much HP does PLD get these days anyway? How much is the add effect from Excalibur doing for a 100% Grade A American BEEF Paladin these days?
By SimonSes 2024-02-24 14:16:48  
How much HP does PLD get these days anyway? How much is the add effect from Excalibur doing for a 100% Grade A American BEEF Paladin these days?

It's super meh. Even assuming it's 900 damage, it's completely insignificant. With 100% activation rate on all hits it could be somehow relevant (not sure if possible conflict with things like Auspice wouldn't be a problem then though) for some high def targets, but it's far from that.
By Taint 2024-02-24 14:29:38  

Mighty Guard
Regen V
Embrava

Sounds like a win-win.

Sold out, but good call.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2024-02-24 16:21:02  
I
Mighty Guard
Regen V
Embrava

Sounds like a win-win.

If you start throwing in persons and geo bubbles and other things, you can push 500+ per tick. Or maybe it was just she of 500? It’s been awhile since I did the math.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2024-02-26 17:30:48  
Exca is amazing for RDM. Anytime RDM is the sole DD, exca is much higher DPS than Naegling - KoR can hit for over 40k when fully buffed even before Aria, and the SC damage of KoR > SB > KoR is very, very significant, especially with Nyame. You gotta pair it with Gleti tho. For WS spam, it's still really good, and makes you a good chunk more durable even if DWing.

None of that applies to PLD, probably.
[+]