Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata Clone?)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
Stellar Blade Leaked Demo (Nier Automata clone?)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-27 19:31:07  
lol Jesus Christ the fishing. The wriggling... of the girl LOL

Gratuitous.
By Afania 2024-04-27 22:21:27  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
demand people

Demand? No. I don't have right to demand anyone. Suggest? Yes. I don't live in another poster's brain to be able to know what they really meant. If people say "dress up waifu " instead of "content", then I am going to read it as "dress up waifu" not "content".

I know the possibility of people may meant more than they said on surface. But trying to guess the real meaning behind the literal meaning has equal chance to be wrong, I see it happen all the time. So the responsibility of clarification in a conversation should be on the poster, not me(nor you) imo.

P.S: I don't hold a grudge against people on forums, just respond to posts. If RA was the one who did the clarification I would have accept it np.

When you focus on "both", you narrow down your answer

I didn't narrow down anything lol. "Dress up waifu" was what was being said. So "female protagonist was rare back then" was used a a valid counter point. How can you dress up waifu if waifu protagonist was rare?

He used it as example of unlockables by playing the
game

If what they really meant was "I can dress up my waifu as I play the game? I feel like this is 2005 when unlockables were free. Then I will read it as an example in modern day.

Without the last part it reads as if "2005 games had waifu dressing feature" which was not a thing outside of mmo or western rpg.

I am not sure why encouraging clarification when it was just adding 3 more words in a sentence was a bad thing.

Quote:
Really easy to glean from the context

Maybe next time when someone post something controversial again I should ask you to translate what they really meant then. W

The original post nor even the whole discussion had no such context. It was a screenshot with dressing feature followed by the dress up waifu comment. In a discussion largely focus on woke journalists not content unlock methods.

It is way easier to read it as a response to woke changing the industry ***than complain about the content unlock if you want to discuss "context" outside of what was written lol.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-28 01:16:17  
The reason the censorship scam was bad is Kim wanted to be a known dev, which was why he was meeting all these famous guys. He wanted to be known and loved as the developer.

Same as Yoko, Kojima and miyazaki.

"uncensored worldwide!" yeah cause you pre censored it before submitting it to the ratings boards lol

By using this scummy bait and switch, he has burned the chance of him becoming a well known and loved developer, and now is seen nothing but a suit that will use underhand tactics to sell a game. Basically he is 2024 lying Todd, worse because he hasn't built up a foundation of respect before going full todd howard.

This doesn't even censor the game, cause other outfits are still hot. It's just a mindset thing, he ruined the vibe with a really stupid anti fanbase move for no reason. He didn't win over the people who thought the game was bad cause it was over sexualized and he has now burned his move supportive fans.

Compared to Yoko who was telling people on twitter to send him all the nsfw pics they drew, and people love him even though he barely makes anything but mobile slop now.

Utterly braindead and pointless self damaging move that pleases nobody, his next game will be attacked again by the same people and there won't be the same defenders for it. Guess he is pro-actively pandering to potential investors before going public or something.

If he doesn't patch this stuff back in the next week he is dumb as hell.
By Pantafernando 2024-04-28 02:24:18  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
lol Jesus Christ the fishing. The wriggling... of the girl LOL

Gratuitous.

Give us the images
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-04-28 06:07:57  
Afania said: »
I see. We're going in circles so I'll just stop.
By Afania 2024-04-28 06:23:29  
RadialArcana said: »
uncensored worldwide!" yeah cause you pre censored it before submitting it to the ratings boards lol

This is anti woke propaganda lol....

When he said "uncensored worldwide" he meant the game will released with the exact same content in every region.

In case if you don't know. Japan has different censorship standard from the west. Many western games including GTA or the Last of Us are censored in the Japanese version. Japanese censored a *** tons of games themselves.

When Kim said "uncensored worldwide" he meant what Japanese got is the same as western release and vice versa.

If Kim wants to add a piece of fabric himself to an outfit because he feels it fits his opinions on aesthetic more, it is not "censorship", it is design choice change. Design is a process of iterations. It is very common to change a design over and over again before the final release(day one patch).

Censorship is more like, a game release in a region and changed the content for the law or culture in that region, that's censorship.

Censorship and design change is NOT the same. If the director said that piece of fabric is what he wanted to show people in the final version, then it is not censorship, it is his opinion on aesthetics.

Quote:
Compared to Yoko who was telling people on twitter to send him all the nsfw pics they drew, and people love him even though he barely makes anything but mobile slop now.

Why does Yoko's choice matters? Kim is Kim, Yoko is yoko. Whatever design choice yoko made is not Kim's business.

I 100% support Kim's freedom of artistic expression. I think anti-woke should stop trying to tell how artists should design their stuff.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-28 06:40:00  

Why does it matter? it matters because of how this disgusting industry works. When one company see they can get away with something, they will do it also (and far worse). See Overwatch adding lootboxes, and then other companies like EA doing it when they saw it was now accepted.

Ultimately, they made costumes they knew were "too much" and used those to advertise the game for months on social media, and they also promoted the game with a big tweet stating "no censorship". Knowing full well the "final vision" had toned the outfits and gore back and put underwear under the swimsuits / outfits to cover up the skin.

It's bait and switch tactics, it's cynical corpo manipulation of customers. You show them something better than you intend to offer, knowing that won't be the final product.

If they had just shown the outfits as they are now, nobody would have said anything. However because they intentionally made them more spicy originally and used those to showcase the game as a marketing tactic it's BS that needs to be called out. It's not an accident, they did it intentionally.

This is not acceptable, and they deserve the backlash. They are also letting everyone know they will do this again next time, but maybe even worse. They got a lot of pre-orders, they will find selling their next game much harder now though cause everyone knows how they operate. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

If you're going to give me 99, don't say you're going to give me 100. Just say you're giving me 99 from the start, or fu.

I posted above, another Korean company is going to do this exact same tactic and far worse (Vindictus: defying fate). They offered an incredibly over the top version of the game way above even Stellar Blade to get lots of attention, and if you goto their discord they are already hinting this isn't what the final game will be on any platform. They are blatantly using false advertising, to get lots of interesting knowing the platforms won't allow it.
By Afania 2024-04-28 06:42:29  
Utterly braindead and pointless self damaging move that pleases nobody,

The only group that pleases nobody is extreme anti-woke people who demand artists to create stuff 100% for them and not respecting creator's design choice.

Stellar blade got a lot of sympathy from gamers due to the amount of attack it got from woke journalists. Now anti-wokes are spamming rage posts everywhere over a piece of fabric, I see a lot of neutral stance people step and and critize anti-woke for going crazy too.

Many neutral stance people just want to discuss the gameplay instead of arguing about a piece of fabric on an outfit endlessly. Give me a break...
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-28 06:44:05  
The only group that pleases nobody is extreme anti-woke people who demand artists to create stuff 100% for them and not respecting creator's design choice.

No. This is about principle, the principle of false advertising to increase sales with an intentional lie.

They used those outfits to market the game.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-28 06:45:18  
Lets say there was an FPS game, and they put a lot of known gun models in the game in all the marketing. So people bought the game, and when they start playing all the guns are generic made up models because they could not get the rights from the gun makers or something (and they knew they could not get the rights from the start).

Is that ok?
By Afania 2024-04-28 06:49:38  
Why does it matter? it matters because of how this disgusting industry works. When one company see they can get away with something, they will do it also (and far worse). See Overwatch adding lootboxes, and then other companies like EA doing it when they saw it was now accepted.

I already posted my opinion about this before. Game design change before the final release is very, very common. Iterations is core part of game dev and it is not going away, nor it should.

Which change is acceptable and which is unacceptable depends.

You can't just randomly use a different example and critize the whole thing for being bad. Otherwise no game dev can iterate anything anymore, THAT is bad.
By Afania 2024-04-28 06:54:09  
No. This is about principle, the principle of false advertising to increase sales with an intentional lie.

They used those outfits to market the game.

Iteration is the core part of game dev process. But game marketing has to start before the final release.

What's advertised early will be different from the final product. This can't be avoided. At some point it WILL happen.

If you have an issues with that don't preorder games, wait for stable release.

Saying ALL final design change is bad business is not fair.

Lets say there was an FPS game, and they put a lot of known gun models in the game in all the marketing. So people bought the game, and when they start playing all the guns are generic made up models because they could not get the rights from the gun makers or something (and they knew they
could not get the rights from the start).

Is that ok?

This is a different scenario from outfit design change. Please Stop using different scenario to discuss an issue that should be discussed separately.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-28 11:15:10  
If they just launched it as it was supposed to be, everyone would be talking about how good the gameplay is because everyone would be happy. However now all the discussion is about the censorship instead, which means there is less positive word of mouth to push people to buy the game after release.

Dumb amateur move, almost Square Enix level of dumb.
By Dodik 2024-04-28 11:35:59  
It's sad but hardly unexpected. If you want to publish on Sony's platform you have to abide by Sony's rules.

This game has PC game written all over it but it's a PS5 exclusive instead.

Well, they made their decision where to publish, whatever comes of it is on them.
[+]
By Afania 2024-04-28 11:51:29  
We don't even know if it is Sony's fault. Sony is incredibly generous when it comes to allowing sexy outfit this time. If they are censoring it they would have censor ALL outfits, not just 1 or 2.

A lot of people are blaming it on Sony, it is all speculation with no evidence anyways.

Quote:

PR is hard isn't it? Who would have expected this many people would blow up due to a piece of fabric lol.
By Dodik 2024-04-28 12:09:58  
I mean, the same thing happened with Tifa in FF7R. Not like they didn't know it would become a thing.
By Zehira 2024-04-28 12:30:13  
A lot of people are blaming it on Sony, it is all speculation with no evidence anyways.

XSEED (company founded by former members of Square Enix USA) censored the PS4 version of Senran Kagura requested by Sony. Here's an example.

Quote:
XSEED Games, the publisher of the Senran Kagura series, has been transparent about the censorship of the game Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal on the PlayStation 4. The game’s “intimacy mode” was removed at the request of Sony, and XSEED chose not to release the game rather than censor it. This decision was made public, and XSEED received praise for being upfront about the issue.

In contrast, the PC version of the game, released on Steam, was not censored and included all modes intact. This decision was seen as a positive move by fans of the series, who appreciated XSEED’s commitment to preserving the game’s original content.

It’s worth noting that earlier titles in the Senran Kagura series, such as Peach Beach Splash, included the same “intimacy mode” without any issues, leading some to speculate that Sony’s decision to censor Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal was a sudden change in policy.

This is an AI-generated answer from Brave.
[+]
By Afania 2024-04-28 12:57:32  
Just because Sony censored previous games, doesn't mean they censored this one. It is possible, but it is speculation.

The original outfit was on the disc afaik. If Sony wants to censor it so much why allow it exist on the disc when it gone gold. It is weird.

We don't know exactly how the design change decision was made tbh. Was it SU or Sony? Or was it SU 60% Sony 40%? We don't know.

Edit: In Senran Kagura's case it was also real censorship since the Japanese version and English version are different. This fits the definition of censorship.

This doesn't really apply to Stellar blade controversy since director said the final design is what he wanted. When the director said the design is what he wanted and all regions got the same version this is closer to design choice than censorship imo.
By Zehira 2024-04-29 03:08:19  
Just because Sony censored previous games, doesn't mean they censored this one. It is possible, but it is speculation.

Sony is a well-known company for censoring games only on their platform since 2018.

Quote:
The original outfit was on the disc afaik. If Sony wants to censor it so much why allow it exist on the disc when it gone gold. It is weird.

Yes, it is weird.

Quote:
We don't know.

There is no proof it was all Sony. Unlike XSEED, SU can't exactly point the finger at Sony since ignoring any NDA legal issues, it's seen as unprofessional in the business world and would probably get them blacklisted by the industry. This is really old news. Sony's policy on censoring sexual content began in 2018 or 2019.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-29 06:33:19  
Sony have become terrible since they move the head office to California, there is hope that they are moving away from that with the new current CEO but we will see.
By Afania 2024-04-29 09:07:36  
Zehira said: »
SU can't exactly point the finger at Sony since ignoring any NDA legal issues, it's seen as unprofessional in the business world and would probably get them blacklisted by the industry.

Well yeah, Kim also said people probably won't believe him when he said the decision is his.

Poor Kim...;(
By Pantafernando 2024-04-29 11:54:33  
Yeah, we must rebel against those incels and wokes from Sony.

Just look their “work” affecting the optiomal biophysics.

Look how Lara went from a confortable crawling to an awkward position thats doing very bad to her spine

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Pantafernando 2024-04-29 16:14:20  
Asmongold + Stellar Blade + bunny suit, Thunderjets favorite (maybe)

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-04-29 17:38:59  
If they just launched it as it was supposed to be, everyone would be talking about how good the gameplay is because everyone would be happy. However now all the discussion is about the censorship instead, which means there is less positive word of mouth to push people to buy the game after release.

Pretty sure they were "told" to tone it down to be allowed to release on Sony's exclusive platform. The modding community will fix the problem once the PC release happens. ShiftUP's CEO was being kinda cagey on the matter since he previously had a very hard anti-censorship bent. I guess when you have that much money on the line, you can't afford to piss off the publisher you already signed an exclusive release deal with.
By RadialArcana 2024-04-30 04:00:11  

I love the revisionist history for complainers, 5 years from now when the next game comes out they will say they loved SB from the start but this new one is different.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-04-30 14:18:46  
Quote:
Stellar Blade director says extra DLC isn't planned yet, but the developer is working on a Boss Rush mode

Stellar Blade might well be getting a 'boss rush' mode in the near future.

Shift Up's action-packed game has already seen a day one update, which debuted the New Game Plus feature, as well as several more outfits to unlock for protagonist Eve. In a new interview with Korean outlet Nate (translated via Google), Stellar Blade game director and Shift Up CEO Hyung-Tae Kim reveals that a 'Boss Challenge' mode is currently being planned for the game.

If this is anything like other boss-oriented modes we've seen from games in the past, like FromSoftware's excellent Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, it should pit Eve against merciless back-to-back boss fights. We don't currently know how many bosses this mode might potentially incorporate at once, or if it'll allow Eve a chance to heal and recuperate between encounters.

Elsewhere, Kim reveals in the interview that other DLC adds-ons and free updates for Stellar Blade haven't yet been decided upon. If this is the case, it seems to point to the Boss Challenge mode being the next DLC to arrive for Stellar Blade players before any other updates, although it's worth pointing out we don't know how far along in development the mode is.

Kim also likened Shift Up to a baseball player, saying that the developer's "DNA is throwing fastballs that gamers will like." The Stellar Blade director also added that there's a lot of diversity of games at the moment in the industry, so it's fine if there are developers that stick to throwing "straight pitches" to players, like Shift Up is seemingly doing with Stellar Blade.

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/action/stellar-blade-director-says-extra-dlc-isnt-planned-yet-but-the-developer-is-working-on-a-boss-rush-mode/
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-02 16:58:19  
Doing a second playthrough (on 1.0 because tiddies), and theres no cutscene skip option. Why was that not included?!?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-05-02 17:27:21  
How things have changed. Back in the day Sony was the way to go for games due to less censorship. While Nintendo had a habit of censoring things. (N64 for example censored a lot of Duke Nukem 3D, ironically the violence was still all there. They also turned the Porn Shop into a Gun Shop lmao. Kid friendly?)

Later on:
Gamecube started to have some really good MA Titles, up there with PS2.(Resident Evil, Manhunt, etc)

Currently: Nintendo has less censorship on certain titles while Sony has bent the knee and welcomes censorship. We living in Bizzaro World or what?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-05-02 18:08:29  
Looks like Sony makes all studios sign a non-disparagement clause inside the usual NDA, to prevent studios letting folks know what is going on. So yeah, this was 100% definitely some Sony executive threatening them into toning things down.

We'll see what happens with the PC release in a year or so.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-03 10:26:20  
I don't think they even are actually allowed to uncensor the outfits now, since the game was given a certification as they were and they can't just change that after launch now.

Lots of arguments going on about it on social media still.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10