users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » fix smn burn?
fix smn burn?
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-03-23 17:52:58  
I heard a rumor that they only let you do 1 BP per astral flow now, can anyone confirm or deny that rumor?
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-03-23 17:56:52  
I see a smn burn atm in Korroka, it is not true.
 Odin.Gabronth
サーバ: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2010-03-23 17:58:13  
when u use odin its a 1 time use and AF is gone other avatars r the same
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-03-23 17:58:51  
yea i see one there too, but there french it seems and do not answer >< but rumor spreading around fast
 Quetzalcoatl.Antimage
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antimage
By Quetzalcoatl.Antimage 2010-03-23 18:04:01  
sadly im glad is they fixed it, hated seeing crappy smn's everywhere
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Xarchangel
By Gilgamesh.Xarchangel 2010-03-23 18:35:16  
ehh nvr mind just tried it out and it still works, sorry for alarm lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-23 18:36:19  
/sigh

I guess we can look forward to the next update then.
[+]
 Seraph.Chasuro
サーバ: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-23 19:08:28  
Stupid rumors. SE posts the updates. Read them.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-23 19:08:41  
yay
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-23 19:09:32  
Seraph.Chasuro said:
they sometimes dont make note of everything
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Remora
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-03-23 19:10:11  
Or just let the gimps play the way the way they want, noone is forcing you to AB are they?

Didn't think so ...

I honestly have no problem with people who smn burn their jobs as long as they present themselves to events as non gimped skills.
 Seraph.Chasuro
サーバ: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-03-23 19:14:42  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Seraph.Chasuro said:
they sometimes dont make note of everything

Yeah yer right. I guess Im just sick of AF burn haters making up stupid smn rumours lol.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-03-23 19:24:58  
Remora.Fyyvoaa said:

I honestly have no problem with people who smn burn their jobs as long as they present themselves to events as non gimped skills.

This

I know a PLD that ABd to 75 and wouldn't know what to do with Voke if she had it (which she doesn't...pld/whm ftw) but then again I know a blm that ABd to 75 and is absolutely amazing at his job.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-23 19:39:00  
This is how I look at it. If you suck after AB'ing w/ your new 75 job. You would have sucked anyways when you get 75. This game is not *** hard. if your learning curve is that high, quit
[+]
 Remora.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Remora.Fyyvoaa 2010-03-23 19:56:36  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
This is how I look at it. If you suck after AB'ing w/ your new 75 job. You would have sucked anyways when you get 75. This game is not *** hard. if your learning curve is that high, quit

Any job on xi is not hard to learn, honestly if you can't learn a job at any level then you should just quit playing that job. AB'ing a job and learning a job is completly different, if you can't take the time to learn the job before you start to level it then just look it up it's not hard.

Again my last statement still applies , as long as you prove you are a competent player and know at least 99% of what your job entails then I dint give two shits how you got your levels.
[+]
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2010-03-23 20:13:59  
Ok really? Are some of you still bitching about burners?

I have a full time job. I have a four year old. I have a wife. I get maybe 6 hour of playtime a week if i'm lucky. I've been playing this game since 2004. I have 3 75's. wtf is the problem if i leech 40k exp on a job that I would like lvld. If the player doesn't know how to play the job they are on, kick them from the ls or party. It's not *** rocket science. I have kicked ppl in the mire just for the simple reason that they didn't voke as fast as i wanted them to and other trivial ***. I'm tired of seeing all the whiners and complainers. If you don't like it don't do it. It does not violate ToS. I have done it before as a leech and as a smn. In my experience if you suck at a job you won't get to play it. If you force it you don't get invites. It doesn't take long for ppl on a server to realize the extent of your fail. Why are there still ppl bitching about this.......

/rantoff

now that i've typed what i wanted to say i feel better...
maybe thats why you(general haters) do it. hmmm....perhaps now i'm simply part of the statistics i was bitching about....... wow. the mirror can be an ugly thing if you don't check it for a while
 Ramuh.Zangada
サーバ: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-03-23 20:14:16  
Thats the point, ppl dont learn. Ive yet to see a competent person who has AB a job to 75.

I remember a 75 blm in limbus useing bliz 4 on shiva and when he gets yelled at hes excuse was "ive never done limbus before".

These r the ppl we have to play and deal with, so to say it dosent effect me ur full of ***.

Id like to see it get nerfed just to see 50 posts on ppl crying they cant do it anymore. Then mabye the rest of us who lvl the normal way can actually get a pty or make one.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-23 20:16:40  
Ramuh.Zangada said:
Thats the point, ppl dont learn. Ive yet to see a competent person who has AB a job to 75.

I remember a 75 blm in limbus useing bliz 4 on shiva and when he gets yelled at hes excuse was "ive never done limbus before".

These r the ppl we have to play and deal with, so to say it dosent effect me ur full of ***.

Id like to see it get nerfed just to see 50 posts on ppl crying they cant do it anymore. Then mabye the rest of us who lvl the normal way can actually get a pty or make one.
Summoner burn has nothing to do with that experience. It means they suck as players. They'd suck just as bad even if they did lv to 75 w/ exp parties. Lots of people suck, no matter how they get to 75. I've seen ppl AB'd to 75 who were more skillful than 90% of the other people I've seen on that same job.
[+]
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2010-03-23 20:19:30  
true story. my pld is lvl 9 and I know more about enmity management than a few of the aegis weilding plds on my server......
[+]
 Ramuh.Zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-03-23 20:33:48  
I just dont see ur logic, saying that spending time to lvl and learn isnt gonna help, if u suck u suck and it wont change.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-03-23 20:46:18  
They're fun every once in a while, but I honestly don't smn burn enough to really miss it if they did fix it.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-23 20:48:02  
Ramuh.Zangada said:
I just dont see ur logic, saying that spending time to lvl and learn isnt gonna help, if u suck u suck and it wont change.
The way you play most jobs while you're lving is far different than how you play them at 75. Anyone who can't take a lv 75 job and learn how to play it, even if they've never played the job at any other level, is a failure and should stick to those hand held games that used to take 2 batteries.

For example, my friend let me use his character's 75 ninja. Took me 2 days to learn how to play the ***as well as he did.
 Ramuh.Zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-03-23 21:02:53  
Well not everyones the same, some ppl take longer to learn and if ur rush into ur job and start at the top it just makes it harder.

No different the RL, if u go to school to learn u will do alot better then the guy who jumps in without a clue on wtf to do.

But this game isnt meant to solo, so ur forced to deal and play with thse ppl, so we have every right to complain about the increased rate of dumbass 75s. I cant begin to state all the time ***fail cause ppl dont know wtf to do and yes i blame alot on ABs.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-23 21:09:46  
tbh I've started to get over people ABing. I still hate it and I'd never do it myself, but if people want multiple 75's fast, more power to them.

Act like a spastic and I'll kick you though.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-03-23 21:26:58  
The 1 AF rumor was probably just confusion over the new avatars. Odin and Alexander need AF to work and they only do 1 AF where as the other avatars you can get 3 out of them.
 Caitsith.Blurr
サーバ: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-23 21:33:28  
Kujata.Daus said:
The 1 AF rumor was probably just confusion over the new avatars. Odin and Alexander need AF to work and they only do 1 AF where as the other avatars you can get 3 out of them.

4 with a lil -bp ^^
 Fairy.Brenda
user: Jornna
By Fairy.Brenda 2010-03-23 21:33:46  
I dont need to build a car, to know how to drive it.

Only problem I see is when someone is a bad player, the just assume they burned, when more often than not, they just suck.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-23 21:40:33  
Fairy.Brenda said:
I dont need to build a car, to know how to drive it.

Only problem I see is when someone is a bad player, the just assume they burned, when more often than not, they just suck.

Bad analogy is bad.

You could also say:

You need driving lessons, to know how to drive a car.
 Garuda.Snuffy
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Snuffy 2010-03-23 21:58:24  
Some people need a lot of practice in driver's ed under supervision to become a decent driver by themselves; they may have a habit of spazzing or panicking, or maybe they have a hard time understanding concepts like pulling out to the middle of the road if it's green and you're in the left turn lane.

Other people pick it up very quickly and streamline to their license; they've watched their parents or other drivers carefully and internalized that very well. These guys don't need the extra hours or classes because they've already got the fundamentals down. They have more subtle and nuanced advanced things to learn, but they won't learn them in the grind that is high school sophmore driver's ed; they'll only grow by driving on their own.

Analogy better now?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-23 22:11:24  
Garuda.Snuffy said:
Some people need a lot of practice in driver's ed under supervision to become a decent driver by themselves; they may have a habit of spazzing or panicking, or maybe they have a hard time understanding concepts like pulling out to the middle of the road if it's green and you're in the left turn lane.

Other people pick it up very quickly and streamline to their license; they've watched their parents or other drivers carefully and internalized that very well. These guys don't need the extra hours or classes because they've already got the fundamentals down. They have more subtle and nuanced advanced things to learn, but they won't learn them in the grind that is high school sophmore driver's ed; they'll only grow by driving on their own.

Analogy better now?

Not really. Ever analogy on the subject over generalises it.
First Page 2