users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blue Mage to me is
Blue Mage to me is
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-15 18:26:42  
Alrighty folks, I've had enough fun fooling around and trolling ze thread. Have fun with Blue Mage and all that jazz~
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-15 18:30:30  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Never that TW I get mad pussy bro i'm a guy from the NY who works full time and has his own spot drives and i stay in the gym so pussy(good pussy that is) is never a problem for me....lol
Sure you do

Lmao

http://www.tagged.com/poisonsenvy

This is me

Hey NiNi I know you'll probably want a piece but please don't stalk me ty
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-15 18:31:56  
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-15 18:32:36  
I have some shirts I need a certain material for. I need your assistance.
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-04-15 18:37:03  
Odin.Kalico said:
^^ LMAO ^^

Funny how some one can know so much but still be a fukin looser lmao Thornyy I'd guess i'd be an eletist *** too if my life just consisted of ffxi GTFO your mom's basement and get a piece of pussy for once in your life its ok if you have to pay for it its you so its understandable we won't judge you... go ahead bro it will make you a better man LMAO.....
Typical, can't come up with a proper response so you whine and insult me like a child. How can someone with a degree fail to spell third grade words like loser and elitist?

Think about this for a second: You're ranting like someone stole your candy over an imaginary job in Final Fantasy. I'm stating facts in an unbiased manner, and no, not everything I've said was anti-BLU.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-15 18:48:03  
Leviathan.Thornyy said:
Odin.Kalico said:
^^ LMAO ^^ Funny how some one can know so much but still be a fukin looser lmao Thornyy I'd guess i'd be an eletist *** too if my life just consisted of ffxi GTFO your mom's basement and get a piece of pussy for once in your life its ok if you have to pay for it its you so its understandable we won't judge you... go ahead bro it will make you a better man LMAO.....
Typical, can't come up with a proper response so you whine and insult me like a child. How can someone with a degree fail to spell third grade words like loser and elitist? Think about this for a second: You're ranting like someone stole your candy over an imaginary job in Final Fantasy. I'm stating facts in an unbiased manner, and no, not everything I've said was anti-BLU.

lol What made me start insaulting you lol ? You been insaulting people all over this forum you call me ignorant and gimp a few pages back dam do you smoke weed lol I do and my memory is not that bad.. as for spelling i've been out of school for about 7 years now and spell ck doesn't help it just keeps you from learning how to spell lamo you'll see a few years out of college you;ll start mispelling ***too 8D
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-04-15 19:54:21  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Kalico said:
^^ LMAO ^^ Funny how some one can know so much but still be a fukin looser lmao Thornyy I'd guess i'd be an eletist *** too if my life just consisted of ffxi GTFO your mom's basement and get a piece of pussy for once in your life its ok if you have to pay for it its you so its understandable we won't judge you... go ahead bro it will make you a better man LMAO.....
Real Life card. That's cute, really. He has a girlfriend (o~hi thar) he goes to school, we play FFXI a lot because.... lol college, we have the free time to do it, and the job market is rough. Anyway, who here is the loser, really? :s

Get his *** out your mouth for once please... can't a brother have a moment..for god sakes stop hating 8D

I'll suck his *** all I want, thank you very much.

I admit, I got a little hard.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-15 20:06:10  
Odin.Kalico said:
Never that TW I get mad pussy bro i'm a guy from the NY who works full time and has his own spot drives and i stay in the gym so pussy(good pussy that is) is never a problem for me....lol

Dude... until you're playing with your girl's *** in the club, you can't talk.
[+]
By Alaik 2010-04-15 20:18:38  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Kalico said:

Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-15 20:38:54  
Odin.Kalico said:
Don't take this the wrong way but if you feel blu is inferior compared to most other jobs and all the other stuff you guys were advocating in previous post... why is this your only 75 shouldn't an elitist like yourself want a efficent job,... ***bro how are you ever going to do EG and get gear because according to you guys Blu is a waste of prty slot and doesn't belong in EG....8D lol
It's my main job, of course I have it leveled. I love it more than any other job in FFXI, but I also have a practical understanding of its limitations whereas certain people here don't. Given the choice I'll take BLU to almost anything, but if efficiency is critical I have BLM and soon DRG, RDM, and one more job I haven't decided on yet to bring instead to help ensure success.
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I don't think anyone said NOT to play blu. We were just saying it's never the most efficient. There's a difference.

"Hey blu is the best at this"
"No it's not"
"But i love playing blu"
"Do what you want, but that doesn't make it the most efficient"
Thorny may have said otherwise, but this right here is what I've been trying to get across. Play it, love it, but don't act like it's something it's not.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-15 21:50:53  
Odin.Kalico said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Sure you do

Lmao

http://www.tagged.com/poisonsenvy

This is me

Hey NiNi I know you'll probably want a piece but please don't stalk me ty

ph da ***

natural muscle baby
 Phoenix.Zeotah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-04-15 21:56:29  
[+]
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-04-15 23:18:54  
I'm going to say +50% Defense trumps -15% mob attack, I said the SS was gimp, Vert should only really matter in the longer bind kite solos since for things like sky nms, Regurgitation pulls double duty, binding and nuking, meaning it's extremely mp efficient. I never said that BLU was better than RDM at bind soloing, and if I did, it's wrong, my bad. BLU can perform some noteworthy solos, but since RDM can do them too, you'd pretend everyone could do it right?

Saying that calling you a douche would be wrong is probably the biggest lie I've ever seen put in text.

BLU can get a good bit of hmp if they want, no need to aspir, and MP pool size is about half that of a SMN, while get this, their damage spells pretty much all cost less than half that of a lvl 70 BP. Also, the RDMs could, you know, cure the BLU when it takes damage, giving them more hate while the BLU bleeds it off instead of letting the BLU build more hate.

Underestimating someone because they accept anyone willing to learn is plain ignorance. So not all of my members have gil or much time to be on, they learn and get better. It seems like you don't know me as well as you pretend though since I personally don't think nearly as high as myself as you seem to think.

Anything that runs on a random number generator involves luck.

Also who the *** is this Kalico and why won't he shut up?

Edit: I know BLU has tons of weaknesses, and It's not always a good choice, but it can be useful and has its moment. It isn't incredibly powerful at any single thing, which was the point of me making this thread in the first place, to point out to people like this Kalico guy, that BLU shouldn't put all of its work into one thing, unless they want to be good at being subpar.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dooom
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Dooom
By Phoenix.Dooom 2010-04-16 07:14:26  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Kalico said:

I'm fully expecting the full quote to surface sometime around now.
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-04-16 12:06:42  
Quote:
I'm going to say +50% Defense trumps -15% mob attack, I said the SS was gimp, Vert should only really matter in the longer bind kite solos since for things like sky nms, Regurgitation pulls double duty, binding and nuking, meaning it's extremely mp efficient. I never said that BLU was better than RDM at bind soloing, and if I did, it's wrong, my bad. BLU can perform some noteworthy solos, but since RDM can do them too, you'd pretend everyone could do it right?
Alright, so you agree RDM is better and doing it on BLU is just for the lulz? Seems we're on the same page.
Quote:
Saying that calling you a douche would be wrong is probably the biggest lie I've ever seen put in text.
Whether or not I'm a douche, saying it every post just makes you look like a *** child. It's irrelevant to how useful BLU is and I'm sure people read it the first time you said it.
Quote:
BLU can get a good bit of hmp if they want, no need to aspir, and MP pool size is about half that of a SMN, while get this, their damage spells pretty much all cost less than half that of a lvl 70 BP. Also, the RDMs could, you know, cure the BLU when it takes damage, giving them more hate while the BLU bleeds it off instead of letting the BLU build more hate.
Comparing mp costs is pointless as SMN is limited by BP timer: They will be using a BP every 45 seconds and nothing else. The HMP/MP cost issue is solely a limitting factor for BLU, since they do not have a 45 second wait between spells. Most of the spells you'd use on temperance give 30-50 tp each, and a badly timed optic induration combo can kill RDMs pretty easily. It's possible BLU is better for temperance trio, as these things are very difficult to quantify, but it's still easy to duo and a moot point as you'll never be able to prove it's better.

I don't care to respond to the things about your linkshell as it'll just devolve into mud-slinging and you spamming the word douche even more. It seems we agree on the main point anyway: BLU isn't ever optimal. It's strength is that it can be used for everything, but that in itself is a weakness as the specialized jobs will do better.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-04-17 18:12:18  
Wow thorny.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-04-18 02:28:33  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Hoo boy, another one of these eh?

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-18 03:27:52  
All I've got to say to this thread is:

Headbutt spam ftw.

I'll always invite a Blu to RR from now on.

Kited and constantly stunned better than anyone I've ever seen do it.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-04-18 04:23:21  
Having just gotten Head Butt (and trying to tab-complete the word just now -.- ), I see what you're talking about, Flion. :D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Virtuoso
サーバ: Siren
user: Unrealdj
By Siren.Virtuoso 2010-05-22 07:34:26  
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Leviathan.Tamian said:
I think you haven't been on Campaign battle and see a BLU beating the crap out of mobs and stealing hate from 8 SAMs with Hagun and relic gear and 5 PLDs .

Campaign is serious business!

As your saying that to be a smart *** lol... I think you missed the point he was making.

Caps are going up. Mob's actual level are the big factor for blu's doing damage.
I have no doubts that once cap hits 99 blu will be extremely over powered against other jobs. Sams will be yelling at SE to gimp us, and I'm sure somehow we will get gimped. But the idea behind what he said wasn't just about campaign, look at everything and whats comming.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-22 12:44:46  
We'll be overpowered against the stuff that everyone else is over powered against? Seriously think people. The "current" top level things will be comparatively hard to damage unless we're given more native Blue Magic Attack (via traits or a revision of the formula) We currently top out with a Blue Magic Attack score similar to that of a PLD.
 Sylph.Abenx
user: Aben
By Sylph.Abenx 2010-05-22 13:04:17  
blu attack and D are increased by skill. As long as we continue to get more skill as we level up, then yes we will be increasing our damage. It may not be to the level of mnk's increase in damage up to 99, but it will be impressive.
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-22 17:08:51  
Sylph.Abenx said:
blu attack and D are increased by skill. As long as we continue to get more skill as we level up, then yes we will be increasing our damage. It may not be to the level of mnk's increase in damage up to 99, but it will be impressive.

level correction. blu will most likely end up weaker at 99 (on a scaled comparison), unless formula's are tweaked.
 Siren.Virtuoso
サーバ: Siren
user: Unrealdj
By Siren.Virtuoso 2010-05-22 17:42:12  
No no what I am saying is that compared to other jobs, blu will function at just about everything the same way blu functions at campaign right now because of the level ratio.
Obviously all jobs are going to be overpowered.
But the only way to really explain everything now is to look at campaign. Everyone uses blue there because it does near the most damage and is capable of caring itself well. sure mnk/dnc and sam/dnc can too, but not as well as blu in campaign. Once cap goes up blu will finally be on top for once. As far as "new" content for 75+ levels well no of course not. But in situations that are going to end up where the blu is equal to or higher then blu will excel over other jobs like they do now. Only problem is there is hardly any activities endgame where a blu fights mobs that are equal to or lesser level.
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-05-22 18:07:01  
I love my blu, I know what my blu can do and i know what my blu's limitations are.
On a side note, I love doing what blu's shouldnt be able to do and i love trying ot push the limitations. Its part of the job.

Also i too believe tha tonce the lvl cap raises blu will become a little bit more of a power house and everyone will start to bitcha nd we will get a potency/Mob lvl adjustment so SE's baby sam's can take the spot light back.
 Alexander.Trixan
サーバ: Alexander
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-05-22 18:49:28  
Well whatever this forum is about, I'll write my thoughts on BLU.

I always enjoyed playing BLU and it was my first job 75.

Before ToAU I didn't really like any of the other jobs because they seemed somewhat dull.

When i leveled BLU I thought it was fun using monster abilities instead of regular magic.

Even though most of the time at end game events I have to go SMN i always try to persuade leader to let me go BLU.

My BLU is probably my most dedicated job. It has a STR/MND/CHR/TP/Resting/Dark set up.

With this much sets >_< it tends to take up a lot of space.

I always try to be versatile and never stick with just DD because eventually it becomes boring.

So yeah, over all BLU is a fun job well, I think so :)
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-23 02:28:05  
I like being on BLU/NIN for Sky a lot because I can easily switch my job up to get what I need.

Water Farm/Olla? Blue owns hardcore.

MG? BLU can kill all the adds in one nuke, hold MG in place virtually forever, one shot pets as they pop, DD without getting spiked, heal, etc.

Despot? BLU kicks doll ***, stun meltdown, and kick Despot's *** in kite or straight fights.

Zip? Bind and nuke.

Ulli farm? Get a dia and hit a DEF down and BLU can tear through them pretty well.

Faust? Can tank it or hold it in place till it dies with Blastbomb.

BB? DD.

Seiryu? Can seriously duo him as BLM/WHM and BLU/NIN.

Suzaku? Regurgitation.

Genbu? Mind Blast.

Cannonbsll is good, but requires a change of subs.

I'm also aware of the fact that BLU isn't the best at nuking, meleeing, or really even on demand spike damage. Hell they're not the best at anything I listed (Aside from the seiryu thing, it's *** ridiculous). Jack of all trades, master of none, etc. I personally like the very thing that makes everyone think they're weak, their flexibility.

On an unrelated note, how do you embed the ffxiah Item sets into other sites and avatars? Not really good at this sort of thing.
 Leviathan.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-23 04:17:11  
what's this I hear about blu/nin duoing seiryu any way? second time I've heard it with no references or strategy explanation (I'm guessing bind whoring). most sky stuff's been a joke for a while now either way, but you gotta admit blu can make BB look silly easily stunning WoR just about every time (hell it can solo about all trigger NMs with enough planning/luck. it's a lot like rdm in that respect, just not quite as good when it comes to really long fights).

blu's probably strongest in the lowman scene (though it has obvious advantages in other areas). it can fill rather large gaps due to it's versatility, by no means does it do any single job optimally (at least normally), but it can out preform most other jobs in the area of taking on multiple roles at once.

the only ppl that really think blu's weak are the ones that haven't seen blu played in various roles to it's potential.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-05-23 04:55:09  
Blastbomb, can cap land rate on Seiryu. You can literally hold him for over an hour without him taking a single step.

Magical Blue Magic can be extremely accurate and is often underestimated.

Anyway anyone know how to do that thing with the item set?
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-23 10:48:04  
Code
[itemset]113362[/itemset]

That's a little bit out-dated btw, although I think the only real change is novio.

PS. Just read back a little bit, damn, how long do you have to be out of school to spell as bad as Kalico? I finished 10 years ago and I seem to be doing ok. Someone shoot me before I get that bad.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10