Convergence Vs. Enchainment 5/5 Merits.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Convergence vs. Enchainment 5/5 Merits.
Convergence vs. Enchainment 5/5 Merits.
First Page 2
 Asura.Akamatzu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2010-04-22 01:15:38  
Now I'm trying to find out which is the best for me. So I'll give alittle background of what I do ingame. I do dynamis, limbus, einherjar and any xnm (pop nm, alot of vnm, scnm).

So reason I asking this is because I stuck on which to pick mainly because ppl stay you should focus on the physcial spells aka STR, DEX, Haste etc. But I also see the numbers breaths spell can make.

any help would be wonderful
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-04-22 01:56:59  
http://zoome.jp/rapakya/diary/81/

This video made me decide on what I wanted to go. I'm doing 4/5 Assimilation, 1/5 Diffusion, 5/5 Convergence. IMO Enchainment is pro-business if you do a lot of Cannonballing though.

If you have a good breath build, and enjoy doing those, I'd do up some Convergence.

Then again, I haven't spent any merits in Assimilation yet because the level cap change from 75-99 should give us more available Blue Magic points and settable spells. So I may double-back and go 4/5 Enchainment in place of Assimilation
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-22 08:05:05  
5/5 Assimilation, 5/5 Convergence i'd say if your going to concentrate on a breath build..assimilation 5/5 is a must have imo you can never have enough blu points....diffusion recast time makes it worthless imo but if you just want to have it unlocked i'd highly suggest no more than 1/5..GL
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-22 09:47:15  
I'm 5/5 Assimilation, 1/5 Diffusion, 4/5 Enchainment personally, even though I use BLU nukes fairly frequently. On the other hand, I have MACC merits in G1.

Don't be blinded by big numbers. Keep in mind the benefits of sustained DPS versus spike damage and evaluate which approach will net you more damage in a given situation. My advice would be to get 75 and see what you use most, then merit accordingly.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-22 09:51:11  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I'm doing 4/5 Assimilation, 1/5 Diffusion, 5/5 Convergence.

That's what I have. Diffusion gets used soooooo rarely though it really makes me doubt needing it. But it CAN be kinda handy for that twice a year situation where an aoe Exuviation is needed.
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-04-22 10:14:10  
5/5 Assimilation, theres NO reason not to have max blu slots.

1/5 Diffusion. Now if you were a straight buffing/debuffing blu, you would prob max this out, because i mean.. handing out haste or free atk+ is nice but not for an everyday blu.

and 4/5 Enchainment.
Nothing beats walking up to a mob with a sam or another blu and opening up a CA Spell for increased dmg off the hop.
Or mainly for the SA Cannonball setups, the free TP is a nice boost in dmg .
 Seraph.Iria
サーバ: Seraph
user: Iria
By Seraph.Iria 2010-04-22 16:02:43  
1 Convergence (just to have the non-aoe thing if needed)
1 Diffusion (really nice for zerg buffs like Triumphant Roar, etc.)
3 Enchainment
5 Assimilation
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2010-04-23 12:35:48  
Think I'll go with Enchainment 5/5, its seems more appealing to me.
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-04-23 13:10:50  
well enchainment works like a martial weapon and with 5/5 that only a 50% tp boost so at 100%tp you have 150tp..and thats with 5/5...it just really seems like a waste unless maybe if you fully merit CA recast and I still don't see it being better than 5/5 Convergence imo... a fully merited 5/5 convergence will give you 25% damage boost and 25% Macc to magical spells and the on breath spells and 1000 needles it adds direct damage to those because they have no mods..so if you do 1k Breath with 5/5 conv you'll do 1250k in damage you really cannt get better than that and also its like a baby elemental seal if you need to sleep something that has high resistance ect.....
 Phoenix.Zeotah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-04-23 22:05:21  
Seraph.Iria said:
1 Convergence (just to have the non-aoe thing if needed)
1 Diffusion (really nice for zerg buffs like Triumphant Roar, etc.)
3 Enchainment
5 Assimilation
Exactly what I did.
 Remora.Abriel
サーバ: Remora
user: Abriel
By Remora.Abriel 2010-04-24 06:15:50  
played with diffusion, found it somewhat useless outside of spiking hate. as for convergence and enchainment, I find myself in a melee build more often than any other so I maxed enchainment, wouldn't really bother with convergence unless you used a magical build a lot (it seriously is way better than breath builds outside of areas like dynamis where breaths trump magical).
 Fenrir.Vazerus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-04-30 01:40:22  
If you could get Diffusion down to a 5 minute timer it would actually be more worth it. When I was a newbie blu I put a 2nd point in Diffusion... I'll be taking that out eventually. Diffusion is extremely useful in lowman situations for buffs, so there's no way I'm getting rid of it entirely.

As far as the original question... With my playstyle I'm always in the mobs face, so Enchainment just makes sense for the way I play ^^.

I'll either go:
1 Convergence
1 Diffusion
3 Enchainment
5 Assimilation

or

1 Diffusion
4 Enchainment
5 Assimilation
 Caitsith.Jar
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-05-06 01:27:48  
youll never /thf properly w/o Enchainment merits its like a sam w/o Hagun.

Also hells alot for chain affinity over all.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-06 02:23:49  
Here's how I'm doing my merits:

1/5 Diffusion: Diffusion is generally nifty to have, especially lowman stuff. For example, on Nyzul boss floors, I'll diffuse Triumphant Roar before the heavy DDs 2-hour. When I'm tanking, a diffused Exuviation pulls a lot of hate.

1/5 Convergence: "Mini-ES", although I use it mostly for the limiting to single target (surprisingly useful with Sheep Song, etc.) Probably 0/5, 1/5, or 5/5 are the way to go here, an in-the-middle Convergence probably won't be very useful.

3/5 Enchainment: Nifty for Cannonball and Vertical Cleave, especially when solo SCing because you reset TP after your Weapon Skill. It is hard extra damage.

5/5 Assimilation: Rather given, because it means more spell(s) and more stat(s)/abilities.
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-06 06:55:32  
I seriously wouldn't bother with convergence unless you planned to take it to lv. 4/5, there's just no real way to justify it otherwise.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-06 07:04:58  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
I seriously wouldn't bother with convergence unless you planned to take it to lv. 4/5, there's just no real way to justify it otherwise.
Not if you find yourself having to sometimes do use things that are AOE in a group of mobs that you don't want to AOE. Say like you come up against a group of dark elementals in Einharjar and you want to heat breath one....

Personally as far as merits go outside of getting Assimilation done (since worst case scenario you can always just set another str) I'd almost wait till updates to see what direction blu takes.

Who knows maybe all the good endgame spells will be tp modded heavily for dmg or all be +acc instead.

Maybe the nukes will become much more powerful.

Maybe you will get some awesome buff that last long enough where 5/5 diffusion might let you pretty much keep it on pt full time
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-06 07:47:15  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Abriel said:
Not if you find yourself having to sometimes do use things that are AOE in a group of mobs that you don't want to AOE. Say like you come up against a group of dark elementals in Einharjar and you want to heat breath one....

Personally as far as merits go outside of getting Assimilation done (since worst case scenario you can always just set another str) I'd almost wait till updates to see what direction blu takes.

Who knows maybe all the good endgame spells will be tp modded heavily for dmg or all be acc instead.

Maybe the nukes will become much more powerful.

Maybe you will get some awesome buff that last long enough where 5/5 diffusion might let you pretty much keep it on pt full time

but that's still only 1 spell every 10 min., and I kind of doubt the next mob will be moved away from the horde, lol (not sure how magical spells fare in einherjar, but I know they destroy breath's dam:mp wise out side of a few select instances, the ones you're likely to use are even single target).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-06 08:03:12  
Idk about other people but our einharjar hordes tend to move and unhorde alot. Especially caster mobs. So you generally wont have to use it alot just here and there to help.

As far as setting goes I don't set single target because most the time physical dmg and alot of headbutting and random AOE flash or stun does alot better. Heatbreath gives me str so is useful in and of itself. But since you don't know what you got till you enter and once you do things tend to go fast and some of the mobs like said elementals will severely resist physical. Plus don't really have the invent or the desire to make a real nuke setup when I have well equiped/merited rdm and blm

Also works decent on some of the bosses that are hardish to dmg too. You never know when you might want something to be single target instead of AOE so can't hurt
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-06 17:01:59  
but it's still only... 2 spells per einherjar! lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-06 17:04:09  
Well like I said hold on because you never no what may come. More of a you have no idea the value of current merits since they are completely based on current spells. It could become alot better.

Besides better to spend 1 point and have it then just sit there like a lame duck without it
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-06 17:12:10  
Well, the alternative is another 10% TP towards Cannonball or Vertical Cleave (which may very well suit your playstyle if that's what you do most!)

Seeing as I *have* found use for Convergence (even 1/5), it's a worthwhile trade-off.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-06 17:30:28  
never said it didn't have uses, but just view it as a waste w/o being lv. 4/5.
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2010-05-10 00:01:36  
so your telling me 5/5 Enchainment is only useful for /thf?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-10 00:04:19  
Asura.Akamatzu said:
Depends on if you use Vertical Cleave or Cannonball outside of /THF. Disseverment's damage isn't modded by TP.
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2010-05-10 00:10:37  
So enchainment is pretty much useless for self scing? Sense u lose TP from weapon skilling.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-10 00:11:47  
Asura.Akamatzu said:
So enchainment is pretty much useless for self scing? Sense u lose TP of weapon skill.
You'll have 50% TP with 5/5. Although I have also heard that Enchainment only procs if you have 100%+ to begin with. I don't have any Enchainment merits yet, so I can't say which for sure, sorry.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-10 00:13:48  
Asura.Akamatzu said:
Pretty much. 90% of the time if you are not /thf dissevernment will will do the most dmg of your physical spells and is acc modded.

Even Frentic rip and Hysteric barrage only get small boost from small amounts of tp. And only to the first hit which isn't being critted etc
 Asura.Akamatzu
By Asura.Akamatzu 2010-05-10 00:19:12  
Hearing that makes Convergence 5/5 seem the way to go.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-10 00:41:42  
I'd put at least 1 into diffusion. While you generally wont need it enough to fully merit there are plenty of situations it will be useful to use.
 Diabolos.Trangnai
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2010-05-10 22:57:35  
I personally am 5/5 Convergence and 5/5 Assimilation.

And I can say, I love Convergence. Without it Nuking as blu dosent even seem worthwhile. but in some situations you can even out dmg a blm. convergence brings out big numbers in almost any nuke. not to mention it can cut down the AoE effects.

Nuking as blu is fun cause theres so many ways to do it. it all depends on the situation. but then again, thats anything with blu.

I guess all in all Convergence or Enchainment is all based on your choice, playstyle, and situation. go with whichever you like the best based on those!
First Page 2