NIN Can't DD
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-16 14:34:01  
Usu head for one
Hope torque over gorget is a head scratcher. Str earring over dex earring and back choice. Was going to say overkill on acc since its a 1hit ws (all relic ws are 1hit, regardless of the animation, except for final heaven), but since you're dual wielding, it counts as two hit since your offhand gets a swing. (But if you were to single wield it, it'd be a one hit)
[+]
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-16 14:38:20  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
inb4 "the others must suck"

It's not they must suck, it's they DO suck

Warrior: Raging rush - Average 559 damage

Samurai: GKT Gekko Average: 669 damage

Rng: It's a rng, not hard to outparse, and I'm pretty sure 1.2k is a low winder average anyways, but you'd have to double check w/ the rngs.

You going to claim these DDs don't suck? My ws average was higher than all except the rng when my sam was lv 74and i did a /anon party to get myself to 75.

Come parse with me Tiger...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-16 14:39:06  
If you move to fairy, sure. I'll make it easy on you if you're nin and not go on a hasso job. Mnk should do the trick just fine.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-16 14:40:17  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
If you move to fairy, sure. I'll make it easy on you if you're nin and not go on a hasso job. Mnk should do the trick just fine.

lol negative, Rng/Sam.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-16 14:42:10  
Oh, Tomoe sam/war for you
[+]
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-16 14:45:30  
bring it. you may wint, but i wont make it "easy" for you. lol and you have to come to Bismarck, i wont move to a server named Fairy.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-16 14:47:29  
Good news, it's now called Sylph.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-16 14:53:53  

Good news everyone!
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-05-16 14:53:53  
he sure does talk a lot of smack for a guy that wears koga chainmail on top of that one belt which isn't even swift
[+]
 Pandemonium.Steam
By Pandemonium.Steam 2010-05-16 14:55:10  
Ninja sucks, period.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-05-16 14:56:12  
hey steam BE MORE OBVIOUS PLEASE
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-16 15:01:09  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Usu head for one Hope torque over gorget is a head scratcher. Str earring over dex earring and back choice. Was going to say overkill on acc since its a 1hit ws (all relic ws are 1hit, regardless of the animation, except for final heaven), but since you're dual wielding, it counts as two hit since your offhand gets a swing. (But if you were to single wield it, it'd be a one hit)

Oh yea the elemental gorget! yea used that sorry. Memory fuzzy i'm on air force sites waiting to talk to my recruiter tomarrow about joining as an Officer so my mind is all filled with military ranks and lingo atm. and the other earring was a dex one i believe. Oh and usukane head, well that was a personal choice over wearing the orc helm for ws because I found I got similiar results regardless which helm I wore. The Orc helm i usually used during ws for my sam.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-16 15:03:17  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
he sure does talk a lot of smack for a guy that wears koga chainmail on top of that one belt which isn't even swift

I <3 the ***out of Koga Chainmail during tp phase. Some people argue that the dual weild on ninja chainmail+1 wins but with the acc and attack on the koga chainmail you can afford more expensive luxuries on your equipment slots like more enmity (you are a nin after all)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-05-16 15:08:32  
what's a haubergeon (+1)

there, i put the +1 in brackets just to make sure you don't go "oh but it costs [blank]"
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-16 15:11:42  
what's a haubergeon ( 1) there, i put the 1 in brackets just to make sure you don't go "oh but it costs [blank]"

Owned it (the +1 and who cares what it cost, i was a relic nin, i have 43m). More acc on koga chainmail and looked better. I kept all body pieces deemed worthwhile to wear and just wore what I wanted to when I wanted to. Even had a mirkewadercor with enmity on it for vokes.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-16 15:13:23  
How is 12 acc > 10 acc + 5dex or 12acc + 6dex?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-16 15:14:00  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
How is 12 acc > 10 acc 5dex or 12acc 6dex?

OKAY FINE I LIKE THE LOOK OF KOGA LOL. I just didnt want to leave it at that.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-05-16 15:15:11  
lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-16 15:16:36  
Should just .dat swap really though... Haubergeon +1 is a great increase from Koga Chainmail with more Attack and especially STR which is very good for NIN DD (low D Katanas).
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-05-16 15:19:43  
haubergeon has a skull on the belt, pardon my french but what the *** else do you need in life

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-16 15:38:22  
Hecatomb has a bunny >_>b
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-16 16:06:55  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Rng: It's a rng, not hard to outparse, and I'm pretty sure 1.2k is a low winder average anyways, but you'd have to double check w/ the rngs.
I'd say twice that much is still low. That RNG must be using a Selene's Bow or something.

That was my first Sidewinder on Greater Colibri. BRD only gave me one Minuet because he was lazy.

And not hard to outparse a RNG? That's funny, considering RNG is the only job I frequently get outparsed by on any DD. Granted, in the last few months before I quit, I did get paired up with a lot of bad DDs, but there were good DDs mixed in and the RNGs beat all of them.

Edit: I don't go RNG to merit parties anymore. Waste of arrows.
[+]
 Unicorn.Fosgate
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-05-16 16:17:22  
Ninja with the right gear and support can be very deadly.

I'm not trying to knock you down. Any time you can beat anyone in a parse its pretty cool.

I'd like to point out 2 obvious things about the parse though. Please mind you that this is nothing personal and im only basing this observation off of the parse given. The parse is really short and a terrible source of data for this given purpose.

So here goes:

1) The war sucks.
2) The Sam needs work.

Elaborated:
1) The War has an avg of 559 RR's. Even hit one for 133. Only capped out at 1100 as the highest. He's sitting on 60/40 TP~WS dmg which is pretty much on par with what a war should do so im guessing by the ws's that his acc is FAR too low.

2) The sam's highest Gekko was 847 and averaged 669. I'm guessing no Hagun and no overwhelm (either from not meriting or never getting in front of the mob). His melee dmg was 43% of his dmg which is pretty high for a sam meaning his ws's are falling behind alot. I'm guessing no 6-hit? Either that or maybe riding on too much TP with a soboro?

It's kind of like saying you won a gold medal in the special olympics except, you dont have any handicaps.
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-16 17:25:22  
I haz ninja, and average DDs make good snacks =3
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-16 17:53:13  
haubergeon has a skull on the belt, pardon my french but what the *** else do you need in life

A skull and what looks like S S Bolts lol. Double Awesome.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-16 18:09:11  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
I haz ninja, and average DDs make good snacks =3

Your Ninja looks very sexy. I would love to face off against great NINs; the majority I found were always mediocre-good or less than on the whole. Shame I don't play anymore and different servers etc!
 Sylph.Vestal
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-05-16 19:52:04  
Sylph.Spency said:
Relic NIN named Vestal or gtfo NIN!
that guy sucks
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-16 20:01:10  
Sylph.Vestal said:
Sylph.Spency said:
Relic NIN named Vestal or gtfo NIN!
that guy sucks

Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-16 20:34:56  
i've done a bit of merits with my nin after i leveled it. Quite fun quinte fun hehe.

I remember a pt i had in mamool with a ridill war, a bravura war/sam and me. My nin is ok equip wise i guess, but i got no merits on katana. Still, i pulled very close to the damage the ridill war did (but yeah the relic guy crushed us both). Hail innin and pizza lol.

There was also a pt at birds that i did with a full usu+bb mnk/war and a drg/sam. The drg had just achieved lv75 so it didnt go so well for him. The mnk lead the parse and i was second without factoring the wyvern. Still i only did 15% less damage than the mnk lol. I mean, if he were /nin i could have tied with him damage wise and my nin is geared with stuff i got due thf and brd lol, so i had 0 effort making it good compared to the mnk.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11