[+]
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-06-17 11:03:31  
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Well ***. My priority for re-leveling subjobs just changed drastically for THF. It looks like /DNC is next on the list.

DNC's new native dual wield trait addresses the main thing I hate about THF/DNC: the attack speed is too slow in comparison to /NIN. Assuming DNC will receive Dual Wield II somewhere in the level 30-40 range, I can see myself getting a lot more use out of the subjob. /NIN will still be the primary subjob when survivability is a real concern due to AoEs or hard-hitting mobs, but not all situations need /NIN's degree of damage mitigation.

I missed the boat on the Magian daggers, but I've been putting a lot of effort into them lately. When working on the daggers, I don't /NIN because I need the shadows. I sub NIN because I want the speed of DWII and the ability to use at least one dagger that doesn't suck. I couldn't care less if EP/DC mobs get in a few hits on me. I just want a reasonable killing speed. With the new /DNC, I could now get the benefits of Dual Wield as well as the ability to cheaply heal back the piddly amounts of damage I take. For this kind of situation (as well as things like Campaign, low-level mob farming, etc.), /DNC is now a far more viable subjob choice.

Although I still believe /NIN will be the preferred THF subjob for exp (especially if the THF in question is geared well), /DNC could now be a viable option for the 76-89 stretch (until Dual Wield III from /NIN at 90THF). Shadows don't offer a whole helluva lot if mobs aren't swinging much at the THF, and /DNC's small cures, erases, evasion/defense debuffs, and Accuracy Bonus I might prove to be more useful than /NIN's shadows in some party situations. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

All good points, and ones ive been thinking about myself for lvling my thf from 75-80. With Brd doing most of the pulling in late game xp/merits subbing nin on thf really only has the benefit of dual wield, and occasionally avoiding the stray hit from a SA ws that doesnt finish a mob. The only real concern at this moment for me, if how things will work at higher lvl xp pts (75-80)... will the mobs hit harder ? be more resistant to brd sleep ? Will these mobs force a thf to become the main pulling job in these camps ? in these cases /nin will be more viable as a sub for pulling options.

On the dual wield II note: nin gets DW at 10, dnc gets at 20. Nin gets DW2 at 25, so it would be reasonable to expect dnc to get DW2 at 35 . DW3 is attained at Nin45 so if dnc is allowed this tier as well, i could see it at 60 .

I just can't see a THF pulling when a BRD is around. They're just so much better at it, and party damage doesn't decrease when a BRD leaves camp to pull as is the case with THF. Even if Lullaby isn't an option, it's really easy to blink-tank an elegied mob as BRD/NIN while waiting for the DDs to finish off their mob. With a BRD-powered party, I can't see that taking too long.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily /NIN on THF if forced to pull. It's not hard to pull without shadows as long as the mobs don't have enhanced movement speed (mage mobs could also be another legitimate concern).

I absolutely agree with you on one point though: no one knows what mobs will be the leveling targets for 76+. What's viable now may not be viable next week.
 Ramuh.Autobot
サーバ: Ramuh
user: autobot00
By Ramuh.Autobot 2010-06-17 11:03:49  
indeed i did forget about the 1 finshing move when /dnc, but in the long run its still very useful for the fact that you can actually use steps and not have to feel like you wasted tp since you can get it back now. the only thing steps are currently good for when /dnc is the effect of the step itself but in most cases the finishing moves just pile up unless you really want to use the weak provoke to get a mobs attention.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:04:13  
hey is this feasable dnc/thf sata?

and for that matter dnc/brd dnc/cor?
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:08:41  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
he is this feasable dnc/thf sata?

only when needing to place hate on a certain player. /thf you dont get the bonus from dex on SA or the bonus from agi on TA. Dncs in a pt (if doing thier job correctly) almost never ws to begin with, TP is used better for waltz to keep the mages doing other things, steps to debuff the mob, and sambas to either make healing easier(pre-haste samba) or to speed up kills. In a proper pt setup, utilizing a dnc to its fullest, there isnt the time or tp to spare to ws.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:10:24  
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

only when needing to place hate on a certain player. /thf you dont get the bonus from dex on SA or the bonus from agi on TA. Dncs in a pt (if doing thier job correctly) almost never ws to begin with, TP is used better for waltz to keep the mages doing other things, steps to debuff the mob, and sambas to either make healing easier(pre-haste samba) or to speed up kills. In a proper pt setup, utilizing a dnc to its fullest, there isnt the time or tp to spare to ws.

meh, ***'s situational.
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-17 11:11:01  
Ramuh.Autobot said:
indeed i did forget about the 1 finshing move when /dnc, but in the long run its still very useful for the fact that you can actually use steps and not have to feel like you wasted tp since you can get it back now. the only thing steps are currently good for when /dnc is the effect of the step itself but in most cases the finishing moves just pile up unless you really want to use the weak provoke to get a mobs attention.

id rather /sam
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:11:42  
what i think this really says in the end that it gives both thf and dnc a possible chance to be wanted/usefull in xp party again post 60ish and if at least better chance to make xp solo/campain
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:11:59  
dnc/brd, maybe when you have access to your first march (60dnc/brd) would allow you to put up haste samba and throw in a march. /cor the rolls are horribly gimped and not worth the effort and even at 99 with /cor49 (fighter roll) i see it happening VERY rarely
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:14:06  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

meh, ***'s situational.

Spoken as someone who has never been in a 40k/hr merit pt with a dnc workin his butt off

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:17:01  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I could see the dual wield trait shine the brightest with COR/DNC in like meripos when your party needs a sub mage or something, Joytoy/MK COR/DNC!? That ***is pimp yoyo.

i could see this happening very often too, joy/m.kris and spam of slug shot is nice. /dnc even gives Acc Bonus job trait that works with ranged attacks as well, could sacrifice some ranged acc in gear for ranged att

edit: Acc bonus I gives +10 acc and +10 ranged acc
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:19:18  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I could see the dual wield trait shine the brightest with COR/DNC in like meripos when your party needs a sub mage or something, Joytoy/MK COR/DNC!? That ***is pimp yoyo.

wouldnt a cor/dnc need racc/ratt weapons and just feed tp to mob hiting with joytoy? also cor tp be better used as gun wses seen some imprsive dmg come out them
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-06-17 11:19:31  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
what i think this really says in the end that it gives both thf and dnc a possible chance to be wanted/usefull in xp party again post 60ish and if at least better chance to make xp solo/campain

This, sadly. Although I doubt THF will be wanted any more than they are currently (which is...well, they're not wanted). DNC, on the other hand, is amazing with fully merited Haste Samba. DNCs will be just fine.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:20:11  
oh didnt relize it was racc bonus also hmm
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:21:34  
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

meh, ***'s situational.

Spoken as someone who has never been in a 40k/hr merit pt with a dnc workin his butt off
it depends what you are fighting and what/who alls in party, yeah i haven't been in a 40k merit party, but the whole basis of the game is that it's situational.
i do agree with ya though, but situational is situational.
in a "proper pt setup" is a bit vague.
it depends what you are fighting, what you are doing in general.
typically you'd be right, but again i say....***'s situational.
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:22:57  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:

wouldnt a cor/dnc need racc/ratt weapons and just feed tp to mob hiting with joytoy? also cor tp be better used as gun wses seen some imprsive dmg come out them

im thinking in a merit situation where it doesnt matter how much tp you feed a lolColibri. Most cor ive seen /nin and use joy/m.kris anyway in merits to get tp fast to spam Slugshot. Just cause they have /dnc and access to the waltz/sambas doesnt mean they HAVE to use them. /dnc over /nin after the update would offer the acc bonus. but then you would be losing shadows which some people find necissary when slugshot spammage.

"i pulled hate !! omg !!" /runs around forever "i dont wanna die !!"
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:23:48  
Asura.Eeek said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

This, sadly. Although I doubt THF will be wanted any more than they are currently (which is...well, they're not wanted). DNC, on the other hand, is amazing with fully merited Haste Samba. DNCs will be just fine.

ya dnc/war dnc/drg dnc/drk could really up a dnc dmg potential. While i never really understood the bad rep thf gets as a dd later on as long they gear for DD and not pure eva like lot thfs do.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:27:07  
does feint and eva down step stack?
 Lakshmi.Priestsan
By Lakshmi.Priestsan 2010-06-17 11:27:21  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

ya dnc/war dnc/drg dnc/drk could really up a dnc dmg potential. While i never really understood the bad rep thf gets as a dd later on as long they gear for DD and not pure eva like lot thfs do.

DNC IS NOT A DD !! NO ! =) Where the hell is Tiger an Ninn to back me up on this, lol
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:30:40  
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

DNC IS NOT A DD !! NO ! =) Where the hell is Tiger an Ninn to back me up on this, lol

LOL@ DNC being DD, wat r da healz 4?
I'm excited for the whole heal out of party thing in regards to campaigns i do have to say...*lvls dancer*
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-17 11:31:24  
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
dnc/brd, maybe when you have access to your first march (60dnc/brd) would allow you to put up haste samba and throw in a march. /cor the rolls are horribly gimped and not worth the effort and even at 99 with /cor49 (fighter roll) i see it happening VERY rarely

Songs are even worse than rolls on sub. Songs buffs are based completely from the skills singing, wind and string. First as a sub brd would have gimped skills. This means songs have 50% effectiveness compared to the main. That is considering a linear growth on skill with lvl (which doesn't happen usually). Finally, a /brd can't use instruments so he won't be able to combine the effects of both singing and wind skills or singing and string. Not even factoring that instruments also give +song boost, that's another 50% decrease in potency. A subbed march would only give around 2% haste, if that much.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:31:39  
we all forgeting about the new traits thf and dnc getting crit att bonus,tactical perry and conserve tp ,skillchain bonus oh an fencer at futer upate with /war
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:34:50  
i wonder if it'll work out doing brd/dnc when they put the cap at 90....*rubs chin stubble*
...nah they'll prolly nerf haste samba for /dnc when the time comes...or we will have the perfect pop star with brd/dnc.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:35:09  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

I'm excited for the whole heal out of party thing in regards to campaigns i do have to say...*lvls dancer*

hmm /drk souleater with samba up or haste samba /war berserk xarcry double att and umm i think maybe agressor at some point. dnc/ no t hiting for 0 and gaining no tp
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:36:06  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
we all forgeting about the new traits thf and dnc getting crit att bonus,tactical perry and conserve tp ,skillchain bonus oh an fencer at futer upate with /war
meh...those we won't know how well they'll work until it happens, with dual wield there's not really much to speculate on in regards to how awesome it'll be.
 Lakshmi.Kyi
user: Kyi
By Lakshmi.Kyi 2010-06-17 11:36:19  
It always makes me laugh when other people try to tell what other jobs should be. Ive seen some pretty crappy wars being out damaged by dnc. Does this mean you want the crappy war or would you rather have the well geared dnc to do the damage
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:37:24  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Lakshmi.Priestsan said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

hmm /drk souleater with samba up or haste samba /war berserk xarcry double att and umm i think maybe agressor at some point. dnc/ no t hiting for 0 and gaining no tp

why would you be hitting zero?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-06-17 11:37:40  
I KNOW!!!! WHM/DNC dual weild misery up auspice umm umm multi hit club umm umm whm cure dnc cures aspir samba!!!!! it could work!!!